Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26376 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=babyjoker][/quote]
Wht can I say than thanx....for showing up..and u r welcome
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Please if you are a ghost reader...
Like this post

2 Likes

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Chapter 17
Peace knew thing would not be all that rosy but she never expected any of such thing to happen soon.
'Close the door', Peace hissed at the gate man, one wednesday morning.
She headed to Bimpe's office.
' Hey, Peace why are you back again?' She inquired.
' Something bad just happened outside'.
' What happened?'.
' As I was about going out of the building I saw some women talking to a man. I counted it as nothing, then my phone rang, I picked the call, but while I was talking to my caller, I moved away from the company's building. The man, who the women were talking to came, and began talking to Audu at the gate. It would have been nothing if not that I noticed that the man was trying to look into the building. Then, I remembered it was this same man that accosted me once, when he saw me with some girls last month. I hid myself until he was gone, and here I am'.
' That is spelling trouble', Bimpe commented.
' That's just it'.
'What do you think we can do to stop all this rubbish'.
'I can't say now'.
'Well, think of something except you want to bring the company down'.
'I will give you a reply before tomorrow'.
'Good! I will also be thinking of what to do'.
Peace was dejected as she left the office to resume her walk.
She had decided to take a walk to her house just to exercise her legs.
Then, what she had so much desired came to her all of a sudden.
She was sure, that Bimpe was afraid, to the extent that she let go of her guard. She dialled someone while the phone was on loudspeakers.
'Hello', the voice started. Peace's ear pricked her when she heard the voice. The same voice that looks like her mother's ; the voice that had always being tormented her dream.
' Hello Paulina', Bimpe replied.
Peace heart jumped within her, as blood rushed about in her body, even, as her body became hot with joy.
She gently moved away from the door, toward her home.
This time, she seems to be alert,making sure no one was trailing her.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
Chapter 17B
She was beginning to think of Madam's name, and how to search for it till she was sure she have done everything to find her child.
Her phone rang: It was Sylvester.
' Hello', she mumbled.
'Hello', Sylvester said, 'Peace'.
' What do you want'.
'It is still...'.
' I said it's impossible', she cut him off, ' what else do you want; I told you I have a boyfriend'.
' Peace, just give me a little time'.
' i'm an extremely busy lady and cannot be wasting my precious time with someone like you'.
' But...'
'Un-uhn, don't disturb me again, ah'.
'Okay, Peace just a lunch'.
' ahahahaa', she laughed, ' it's seems you are jobless'.
' Just a simple lunch'.
'For what?'.
' Okay just to be your friend'.
' Friend?!'.
' Yes, Friend'.
' What friendship do you want to build between a cat and dog'.
'But we are not cat and Dog, now'.
She laughed.
' We are human, and we ought to be relating as normal people and friends'.
' Well we are normal people. Infact, I'm a normal person, if not I would have cut off your call'.
'That very good, at least you are showing me you are a gentle lady'.
'Tah!'
' Yes, now you are a gentle lady'.
'That's because you have not seen me getting angry before'.
' well...Some gentle women get angry, but they are still gentle; In fact since the time I've been speaking to you, I can conclude that you are gentle- as gentle as a dove'.
' You are not serious oo', she replied,laughing , 'please;I need to cut your call now'.
'What do you say about the lunch?'.
'I will be thinking about it'.
'Hope that will not take forever?'
' Ah-ahn', she exclaimed, 'very soon- very soon'.
' How am I much very soon is not two centuries from now'.
'Ahba! Maybe tomorrow'.
'Please let it be latest, tomorrow'.
'Okay! Latest, tomorrow'.
'Thanks a lot', she felt smile swelling on his face through the way the sound came out from his mouth, and wondered how she was going to cope with this new friend-thing that this Sylvester is bringing,because she was deeply in love with Ayo. Since the day they met at a friend's birthday, she had never stopped thinking about him, and had never stopped seeing his picture in her mind. He was her world.
Sylvester met her not very far from their street (he claimed he came to see a friend); that blessed (or cursed) day her car broke down. He stopped his car to help her fix the car: it was only battery issue.
Although, she was beginning to like him, she still was not sure she could double-date.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Chapter 18
www.stayglued./
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
She was about getting to her house when she remembered her bottle water had finished, but she had not gotten another one.
'Even, that Patricia did not remember to buy water', she murmured.
She went to a retail shop near her house, bought a pack of sachet water pending the time she would get her Aqua bottled water.
As soon as she got into her house, she took one of the sachet water to quench her thirst with it; she could not help, but spit out the water out of mouth with her eyes widely opened in anger, irritation swelling from within her.
' What is this rubbish?' She lamented, checking the nylon of the water. She shook her head as she saw the name of the water.
'Is this the name of a good company?' She shook her head in disgust, wishing she could just stop the drops of the water, that was already in her mouth, from entering her stomach: The water was not fit for drinking.
'What if I have money to open a good pure water company here', She thought, 'but I will not have time for my good work to humanity, and any pure water'.
When she got to Bimpe's office, she met her, Bimpe, engrossed in the project of a woman that had just left the company.
'Peace, have you find a solution?', Bimpe inquired, typing into the laptop in front of her.
Peace shook her head.
' I was thinking of... What if we start doing a legal business in front of this building', Bimpe started.
'Are you saying this work isn't legal?'.
'Is it legal?'.
'Just pulling your leg...but what do you think we can do,ma?'
'Am I not the one suggesting it..you should...'.
'Whoa!!!'Peace, exclaimed, 'I was just thinking of having a good pure water company- If you see the one I just drank, it's a big mess and shame on Nigeria Water-Companies'.
'That's a very good idea, if police or any other authority comes they will be confronted by the pure water company and would leave us, infact none of the girls at the back there would have the chance to run away- incase she plans it'.
' You are a genie', cried Bimpe,'go and start executing the plan'.
' What name will we call it?'
'Bimpe Water, of course?', said jokingly.
' ahhhhh!!! I will sue you to court', Peace joked.
They both laughed.
'It's your idea', Bimpe commented after their laughter had been suppressed, 'so give it any name you want, my own is that this place must be covered'.
' Nafdac palava 'nko'', Peace asked.
'We will sponsor your company, just try to do it well'.
'Wow', Peace said and rushed to hug Bimpe,' Thank you,ma'.
She was very happy as she bounced out of the office. She even made Bimpe the secretary ask her what was wrong with her.
As soon as she got into her car, the gateman opened the door for her then she saw Sylvester's car passing.He did not see her.
Her heart skipped.
What was he doing here? She, then remembered his cousin stays around the area. She was not ready to make him see her.

As she was returning from Lagos, where she went to pick some ladies, she wondered why it was only foolish women that had been calling their attention of late.
Amanda, the first one do not want to buy a baby.
The last one, Sijuade, who wants Baby, takes things with levity and have a care-free spirit.
On the day she met them, she was trying to take pictures of herself in Bimpe's office, while Peace and Bimpe were talking.
'What are you doing?'Bimpe questioned, surprised.
'I'm taking a snap shot'.
'Are you sure you know what you are doing?', Bimpe asked, dazed by the behaviour of the beautiful woman sitting in front of her.
'Give me the phone let me see the picture', Bimpe commanded, collecting the phone angrily when Sijuade was still contemplating on whether she would give Bimpe the phone or not.
'Look at this',she said as she pointed the phone to the Sijuade, 'What does this look like?'.
' My picture'.
'Look at the things behind your picture. What can you see?'.
'Some other pictures'.
'Those are the pictures of some other women that had gotten baby through this company',Bimpe lamented,'Let's assume, someone that know any of them sees the picture, don't you think the person will want to know more?' Bimpe ranted,' you are here for a baby and you are still taking pictures'.
'I don't think you are serious and that you need a baby'.
'I'm sorry,ma', Sijuade said, going down on her knees,'It was a mistake'.
'A big one there, please ooo, I hope we will not encounter any problem through you'.
'I swear to God, you are safe with me'.
'I hope so', Peace chipped in.
Sijuade's phone rang and she picked it.
' Yes...', she said as she squeeze her face,' What is he saying? That's not my concern. If your brother cannot go to an eatery to eat, then I don't know what more he wants. I've been gone for just five hours, he is complaining. I'm here fighting for how he will get a ch....'.
Bimpe snatched the phone from her and switched it off.
'You are a witch', Bimpe shouted at Sijuade who seems to be transfixed on her chair.
Peace looked from Bimpe to Sijuade.
'Are you.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Viewing this post: Hussain63, Udison,Iolite(f), prisomic, emmadiva(f)
Where are(Is) Missuniverse,popeshemoo,flakkydagirl,mayowaosman,balispecial,olarafiat,Komzzy1,wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1,Iolite
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
See, oga divepen I dey o. Now we are getting to the peak of the story and am still loving it.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by udison(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
I look foward to d fall of d 'BABY MAKING FACTORY'

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
udison: I look foward to d fall of d 'BABY MAKING FACTORY'
let's hope they fall without much hurt
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Iolite: See, oga divepen I dey o. Now we are getting to the peak of the story and am still loving it.
thanzz...
We are gettin to the peakest peak
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Dedicated Udison, Iolite... Continuation
'Are you sure, you know what you are doing', Peace asked the Sijuade.
Today, as she tried entering Bimpe's office, she saw that Bimpe was talking to someone on phone. Bimpe used her hands to ward her off. That means whatever was being said was a serious issue.
She ran to her office quietly. She sat on her table, drew the office phone to herself, and plugged the receiver to her ear.
About two weeks before, she had put Bimpe's key in a soap, so, as to cut a new one from it. Afterward, she came very early to the company three days before today, entered Bimpe's office with the new, after a key cutter had helped her cut it, and bugged Bimpe's office phone.
She listened carefully to the conversation between Paula,the madam and Bimpe.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 14, 2014
She smirked because she had missed most of their conversation.
'What!! Have you proferred any solution to this problem?', Paula asked.
'Peace had come up with a great idea', Bimpe asked.
' What idea?'
' I don't understand how you people selected that girl'.
' Have she done anything wrong?'
' Not at all',
'Then why the wonder?'
' she is just too unique; too resourceful and great. I can't wait to execute the plan...'
Peace smiled.
'What plan?' Asked an impatient Paula.
' She wants us to build a pure water company in front of the company'.
'Wow!!'
'She is just too brillant'.
'Indeed'.
'We've even started working on it...'
'I'm worried', Paula declared.
This made Peace want to pay more attention, Is she going to ask the plan not go on? Is she suspecting her already?
' What happened? Why are you worried?' Bimpe inquired.
'I'm just worried about our security', Paula lamented, ' why can't we just try our best to make the government back us up'.
Bimpe laughed, startling Peace.
'Why the laughter now?'.
'You are a joke-r', she said, amused, 'do you even think of it before saying it'.
' But there should be a way now'.
'Bribe them', Bimpe suggested.
'Nooo', Paula said.
'Eh! Then what do you want us to do- register a child trader'.
' No'.
' Then what?'.
' I will think about it'.
' If you ever see any good one ehn...'
' Wait and see'.
Peace sat on the chair as she dropped the receiver back, wondering how she can help solve this problem. Then, it occured to her that many of such homes have been springing up in different region. That's just it.
She knew that if she does that, Bimpe will trust her with more of the information she needed to find her child.
With that she knocked Bimpe's office, holding herself from jumping.
'Come in'.
She entered the office, looking at Bimpe closely.
' Mummy.... Why the worry?'.
' It's noth.... Well... We are trying to see if we can get the government to back up this program'.
'hmmm!!!'.
' What do you think we can do about it?'.
' What of...', then she gave her a breakdown of everything she had thought of.
Bimpe smiled, and asked her to come back later because she needed to talk to the Madam privately.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2014
She got to her office, and picked the receiver just at the time Paula picked her phone.
'Hello, Paula'.
'Hello, Bimpe, hope all is good?'.
'Yes- Peace have done it again. I just asked about it, and she gave us a lasting solution'.
'What's it?'.
' N.G.O is the solution!'
'N.G.O- Non governmental organisation?'
' Yes'.
'In what way?'
' We will register as Non Governmental Organisation. So whenever we are disturbed by the public eyes, we can just make claims that we are an N.G.O', Bimpe explained.
'That's a very great idea. I, also, think it is time to have an association? Or what do you think?', Paula added.
' you are right...I think we should truly have an association that will make us a little safe in case we are in any form of trouble we will be able to have others to rely on'.
' And we need to be fast about it', Paula added,' how about the pure water company?'.
' Some men have start working toward the building of its foundation here'.
' That's great!!! I will get in contact with the few I know and I will request that they, in turn, call the few people they can'.
'Okay that's great, Sorry I have to go now, I have a message from Bimpe that Sijuade is already in the building'
'Please, make sure she does not put you in trouble'.
' Ah! That woman is witch. She almost made her husband see the fake pregnant stomach the other day, she is at the door, I will see you later'.
'Oh! Wait. She is a customer, there are some files I need you to see urgently, it is on my laptop. How will you get it?'.
' I will ask Peace to get it for me from your place'.
'good and..
'Erm.... We will talk later...'

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 14, 2014
Viewing this topic: ninja4life(m)
shey you will now leave without comment
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by ninja4life(m): 6:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Divepen: Viewing this topic: ninja4life(m)
shey you will now leave without comment
lol am still on page 2 o
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2014
ninja4life: lol am still on page 2 o
wow..Thankx
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by udison(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2014
Good a.m divepen
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2014
udison: Good a.m divepen
good morming sir Udison
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Please if you think I am the best writer of the month or you have some other people in mind cast your vote @ the link below..
I ave helped you to copy the link for replyin so that you will not go through the stress of doing that
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1804027
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
I have this feeling that Micheal is Peace's son. Thank you once again for the dedication.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
Iolite: I have this feeling that Micheal is Peace's son. Thank you once again for the dedication.
letz watch and see
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Divepen:
letz watch and see

Just went back to read the prologue, I can't wait to read the twist that must have caused Bimpe's her life. Am not seeing any friendship btw Paula and Bimpe, becos one look too bossy and the other is like a messenger. That's just my opinion.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Iolite:

Just went back to read the prologue, I can't wait to read the twist that must have caused Bimpe's her life. Am not seeing any friendship btw Paula and Bimpe, becos one look too bossy and the other is like a messenger. That's just my opinion.
That was why she was the Oga...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
If you really read...The Idea behind the company was something that started from Paula..And was an experience of Paul that you would be seeing in the next update
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Temmytayo20(f): 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
Weldone sir..!Waiting 4 d update oo
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Temmytayo20: Weldone sir..!Waiting 4 d update oo
Thanx oga mi upd8 is on d way
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Dedicated to Temmytayo20,Just4yhu, ninja4life, Ioliteslap1, NinoBrown888
Chapter 19

Peace was happy. She jumped about in her office.
''Wow!'' she mouthed, sighing deeply.
She will soon get the information concerning her baby. She smiled as she remembered the main reason she was forced to dump her baby in the forest.
Those day, when she was still in her father's house, he does not visit any of his family members, and rarely do they come looking for him. Since, that does not concern her, she had not always bother about knowing them.
'My people are destroyed because they lack knowledge'. This bible verse really opened up itself in her life when her father sent her away from the house.
On that day Patricia, her friend, had return to school as promised; therefore, she was forced to meet Chinedu, her boyfriend. She was happy that he was the son of a rich man, so it will be easy for her to get at least a sleeping space, and a good home for her baby, but things changed.
When she got to his house, he was called for her. Upon seeing her, and hearing her plight, he confessed the unbelievable. He had been lying to her all this while. The house belong to his master. He was just an houseboy in that house. Peace litted up. She almost became mad. But then, he calmed her down, saying he would get her a room to sleep for the night, after which, he would take her to his mother the next day.
At first, she was furious to the extent she rained curses, which she never knew was in her, on him. But he took her in, anyway. The next day he begged his boss that there was an emergency he must attend to. So, he took her to his home in Ebonyi. When she got there, she wished she had listened to her parent now. Things were different from what she had believed. Their house was made of mud. She cried for many days, but there was nothing that could be done.
Unknown to her, her mother-in-law-to-be, Chinedu's mother, had made plans with a rich barren woman to sell the child to her for two million, and with the Doctor and nurses of the hospital she would use for delivering the baby. She made them understand it is for the good of the child. With that knowledge, they agreed demanding for money to help make the work smooth.
On the day of delivery, although, Peace heard the cry of a baby, they told her the baby was dead. She cried her eyes out, but things happened without notice, in her favour.
It was the same time the nurses were carrying the baby, who was crying hard, out of her ward that Peace's mother too entered the passage. She had searched everywhere for her Peace, and had traced her to the place she was at the moment.
When she got into the ward, she met Peace crying. She heard the reason for the cry. Then, it became dawn on her that the child she saw a nurse carrying away was Peace's child.
She and Peace, in her weak state, having discovered the foul play, ran after the nurses. Only to meet her, Joshua's mother, and the rich woman exchanging the baby in a room. Peace's mother caused a scene there, collected the child, and they left the state for Lagos, where, Peace was taken to the hospital for proper treatment. At that time, her father came to see her also. But, the whole situation changed after they left her at the hospital, their car was crushed by a trailer which lost its brake.
She knew family problem was always a force to reckon with. So, she went home, almost immediately, after she heard the news, at this time Patricia was back, so, she packed all of her belongings to Patricia's place. Then, she packed all the money she could find in her Parent's rooms to sustain her in case of anything. As if, she was a prophetess, things happened so fast. She had known that type of life manifesting among the Igbo people, and most times in movies, so she never really expected what happened. She packed her things because she wanted freedom, not for the fact all her father's belonging would be taken; however, to her greatest surprise, her father's brother came to possess the house, and everything they own. Knowning fully well that she could not cope with whatever he would do, she left the house and had not returned ever since.
It was after this ordeal she decided to dump the baby ,as she could not cope with her-the baby- again.
So, she was happy to know she would see her baby again. Just like the joy in the eyes of the three indian men in the movie, 'Hey baby' when they saw Angel again.
Then, it struck her.
If she even get the Laptop, how will she get the Password.

3 Likes

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Temmytayo20(f): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2014
Nice update... Thanks 4 d dedication!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2014
I really feel for ds lady o. But zealot are always outrageous... just hope she gets it all right. bugging dt telephone is just one of those wrong step.. time will tell sha
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2014
hassan85: I really feel for ds lady o. But zealot are always outrageous... just hope she gets it all right. bugging dt telephone is just one of those wrong step.. time will tell sha
Yes oo
Time will tell... Hmm...I love that ...Zealots are always outrageous

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Temmytayo20: Nice update... Thanks 4 d dedication!
Thanx for the comment....
U r welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.