Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,538 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline (39246 Views)

7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) / 30 Health Tips Everyone Must Know (A Must Read) / 7 Things That Can Cause Low Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2014
gebest: and the drug can work!
i tell u my broda...it works like magic....it makes you weak like dodo...during d process...lols
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by DrOBD(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Emulti:

Google is d best doctor. Those doctors u wish to consult know wat am talking about, afterall most of then can't even prescribe without consulting google.

Lol....
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
noted
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by elvisz(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
most impotantly,dont take with Magnesium sulphate(aka mist mag). Mist mag is d neutrilizer. It neutrilises it.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by mubix: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Overdose intake of tetracycline and chloroquine can cause blindness
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by zurine(f): 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
thanks
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by mahleeq(m): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
pendusky:
I don't take drugs but if I may ask, what is is used for?

for money ritual, (ogun owo) kudi juju
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by evanscheck(m): 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
sisiafrika: Milk and dairy products form metal complexes with Tetracyline hence dia incompatibility.

I met u again, nice point out. Am glad we have u in the profession and I encourage others to look deeper than the common

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Guykhena(m): 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
hollandis:

I think you are lactose intolerant .Most Africans are ,but don't realize shocked
undecided
Am partly Welsh from Wales ,and partly 9ja ,soooo.........
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by veron007: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
talk2cj08: TETRACYCLINE
popularly called “red and yellow capsule” in places like Nigeria isan antibiotic and one of the medications that have been seriously abused.It’s a first choice for many people in treating diarrhea; and a lot of them do not use the right dosage. Many people are guilty of this.Here are very important facts you must know before you use another dose of tetracycline.

1. Don’t use less than the required dose. Some people use only 2 or 4 capsules and they stop. This will cause resistance, and it may not work for you when you use it another time.

2. Tetracycline is not to be taken by children less than eight years. The drug may cause permanent discolouring of your teeth.

3. Pregnant women (or those planning to get pregnant soon) or nursing (breast feeding) mothers should not us tetracycline

4. Tetracycline should not be taken with milk, yoghurt or other dairy products.

5. Tetracycline should NOT be used at the same time with oral contraceptives. This is because taking the drug at the same time with some oral contraceptives may cause the contraceptive not to work.

6. Tetracycline might produce some side effects such as diarrhoea, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, infections of the vagina, etc as adverse effects. 

7. Always consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health professionals before using tetracycline or any other antibiotic.

Thanks for the write up.
However, I have a question. What is the side effect of imodium? I always use it as a 1st line of defense once I have running stomach.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by evanscheck(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
If tetracycline is not very good because of side effect , wat shud it be substituted with. Shud lomotil be used instead.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by talk2cj08(m): 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
veron007:

Thanks for the write up.
However, I have a question. What is the side effect of imodium? I always use it as a 1st line of defense once I have running stomach.

Imodium is used to treat sudden diarrhea It works by slowing down the movement of the gut. thereby decreasing the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery. these are the common side effect
Dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, or constipation may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor promptly.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by talk2cj08(m): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
evanscheck: If tetracycline is not very good because of side effect , wat shud it be substituted with. Shud lomotil be used instead.

Before taking diphenoxylate with atropine, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to either drug; or to hyoscyamine; or if you have any oher allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by talk2cj08(m): 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
CVWizards: OP, thanks for sharing. I never knew all these.

You are welcome anytime
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
ProsperOnyema: What is the correct dosage?

as prescribed by your physician
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by ichommy(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2014
Nice Info
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by boygen(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2014
@DrOBD, Pharmacist are d expert on any consultation dat has to do wt drugs while doctors undastan ur condition better than any one( Dr. hv some knwolge abt drugs dats y dy prescribe ).
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by evanscheck(m): 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
talk2cj08:

Before taking diphenoxylate with atropine, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to either drug; or to hyoscyamine; or if you have any oher allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.

I am nt asking which one to use, am asking which is more effective, cos I prescribe lomotil more often than tetracycline. I want to know if anybody has a counter opinion to it
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by grandlexuz(m): 8:57am On Jul 11, 2014
You forgot to add there is plenty of fake tetracycline in the market. I bought a sachet a few months ago with the inscription : Date of manufacture 2013. Date of Expiry: 2013. Ten years period. No way! shocked shocked
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by jbblues24(m): 1:09am On Jun 02, 2019
Such magnificent. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport / Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.