Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (623185 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stenlydxlite(m): 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Are you call for interview?.......If yes!... Kindly assist a brother.
Do I need to go through the Home study curriculum before taking plum assessment and Is the test immediately?
.....Please tell me what to do!!!
I appreciate your time and comments
I GOT THIS FROM ANDELA
1) Please take your plum assessment using this link. Please ensure that you take the plum assessment with the same email you registered with
2) If you haven’t already, dive intoAndela’s New Home Study Curriculum, please find the downloadable version of the curriculum here. No coding experience is required to Apply to Andela -- our Home Study curriculum will give you a solid foundation that’ll be very useful for the technical portion of the competitive application process. We require all applicants to take a Home Study test based on this curriculum.
Please note, without completing the above two required steps, you won’t be able to progress in the Andela recruitment process.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by beausexy(f): 1:35am On Jan 23, 2017
please help with this

Write a program that checks if a word supplied as the argument is an Isogram. An Isogram is a word in which no letter occurs more than once.

Create a method called is_isogram that takes one argument, a word to test if it's an isogram. This method should return a tuple of the word and a boolean indicating whether it is an isogram.

If the argument supplied is an empty string, return the argument and False: (argument, False). If the argument supplied is not a string, raise a TypeError with the message 'Argument should be a string'
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
beausexy:
please help with this

Write a program that checks if a word supplied as the argument is an Isogram. An Isogram is a word in which no letter occurs more than once.

Create a method called is_isogram that takes one argument, a word to test if it's an isogram. This method should return a tuple of the word and a boolean indicating whether it is an isogram.

If the argument supplied is an empty string, return the argument and False: (argument, False). If the argument supplied is not a string, raise a TypeError with the message 'Argument should be a string'
try it by yourself first. There's no shortcut to being world class.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jpmoriarti(m): 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
beausexy:
please help with this

When you have checked for empty string and ensuring the arg is str, use this to get the isogram
if len(set(word)) = len(word):
return(word, True)
else:
return(word, False)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 9:47am On Jan 25, 2017
stenlydxlite:
Are you call for interview?.......If yes!... Kindly assist a brother.
Do I need to go through the Home study curriculum before taking plum assessment and Is the test immediately?
.....Please tell me what to do!!!
I appreciate your time and comments
I GOT THIS FROM ANDELA
1) Please take your plum assessment using this link. Please ensure that you take the plum assessment with the same email you registered with
2) If you haven’t already, dive intoAndela’s New Home Study Curriculum, please find the downloadable version of the curriculum here. No coding experience is required to Apply to Andela -- our Home Study curriculum will give you a solid foundation that’ll be very useful for the technical portion of the competitive application process. We require all applicants to take a Home Study test based on this curriculum.
Please note, without completing the above two required steps, you won’t be able to progress in the Andela recruitment process.
just take plum test. There is a fixed deadline for all home study test. It doesn't matter if you write the plum test now or next week.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by informat1: 10:58am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello just did my interview on monday 23/01/17. Expecting an invitation into the boot camp.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by informat1: 11:04am On Jan 25, 2017
Bahddo:
try it by yourself first. There's no shortcut to being world class.

bahddo. u heard what andela said? No coding experience required. if u don't wanna help, don't say things DAT are annoying in dis forum. u guys are meant to help each other.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
informat1:

bahddo. u heard what andela said? No coding experience required. if u don't wanna help, don't say things DAT are annoying in dis forum. u guys are meant to help each other.
helping doesn't mean spoon-feeding. You think giving someone code to post would help her get into Andela? Looks like you have no idea what happens at the bootcamp. No one becomes world class by copying and pasting code solutions.

Yes, coding experience isn't required but a passion to learn is required. If anyone wants to truly grow, he has to attempt it first on his own, ask for help TO DEBUG his code, then keep refactoring till it passes.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by shogat(m): 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
informat1:
Hello just did my interview on monday 23/01/17. Expecting an invitation into the boot camp.

wow good...how was the interview? couldn't make it but will apply for another cycle
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by shogat(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
beausexy:
please help with this

try this and see

def is_isogram(string):
string=string.lower()
for char in string:
if string.count(char)>1:
return string
elif string=="":
return (string,False)
elif isinstance(string, int):
return 'Arguement should be striing'
else:
return False

is_isogram('nnnaira')

this work except when u input a number

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by obinnaeye: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Anyone having this issue also?
Two of my labs can't work. The test cases are passed but would not submit, rather returns "Your solution failed to pass all the tests". But it shows "All 3 tests passed
Total Specs: 3 Total Failures: 0"
when I click "test"

I've tried all possible debug, but no success.

Any help
The labs are:
"is_isogram" and "shopCart"

Thanks in advance
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by malaki39: 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
In urgent need of Software Developers. Can you fit into any or all of this category?

Game developer : knowledge of Augmented Reality, Unity game engine, LibGDX or Kudan.

Front End Ninjas: Angular Js, JavaScript, ServiceWorker(push notification)

BackEnd: APIs, web services, security oriented coding

If you're confident, kindly inbox or WhatsApp 08029056826 ASAP.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by solaojo: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2017
```
def is_isogram(word):
if type(word) != str:
raise TypeError('Argument should be a string')

elif word == "":
return (word, False)
else:
word = word.lower()
for char in word:
if word.count(char) > 1:
return (word, False)
else:
return (word, True)
```

Anyone with a clue why this is refusing to submit.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DeGhost: 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2017
Are you a software developer or engineer with experience in Internet of Things, open source integration, Microsoft product extensions or cloud computing?

Send your cv to genevieve.okafor@multiskills-ng.com on or before Thursday, February 2.

We would love to work with you.
Salary is attractive
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jpmoriarti(m): 12:59am On Jan 27, 2017
class ShoppingCart(object):

def __init__(self):
self.total = 0
self.items = dict( )

def add_item(self, item_name, quantity, price):
if not item_name in self.items:
self.total+= quantity * price
self.items[item_name] = quantity
else:
self.total+= quantity * price
self.items[item_name]+= quantity
def remove_item(self, item_name, quantity, price):
if quantity > self.items[item_name]:
self.items[item_name] = 0
self.total-= quantity * price
else:
self.items[item_name]-= quantity
self.total-= quantity * price

def checkout(self, cash_paid):
if self.total > cash_paid:
return "Cash paid not enough"
else:
return (cash_paid - self.total)

class Shop(ShoppingCart):

def __init__(self):
self.quantity = 100

def remove_item(self):
self.quantity-= 1

Please someone should help me with this shoppingCart andela question. It passed all the test but obviously failing some hidden tests.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by informat1: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
shogat:

wow good...how was the interview? couldn't make it but will apply for another cycle

didn't make it either. Wanna apply again. Have u bn given d proctor test link?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by shogat(m): 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
informat1:

didn't make it either. Wanna apply again. Have u bn given d proctor test link?
I will apply for cycle XXI...I will finish NYSC April then I can focus on Andela
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Tofmat: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hey guys pls this home test. Would I be sent the link because I dnt just knw where I'm gonna find it on their site.

I've done d plum test for 3 days nw and I've nt seen the test.

Pls in d test is it only about coding in python??.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
Tofmat:
Hey guys pls this home test. Would I be sent the link because I dnt just knw where I'm gonna find it on their site.

I've done d plum test for 3 days nw and I've nt seen the test.

Pls in d test is it only about coding in python??.
be patient. You'd soon get an email with the curriculum invite link.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Tofmat: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
Guys pls is it a must that once I open d rest I must finish it. I juss wanna glance tru d questions now.. Is this possible pls lld appreciate a reply ASAP thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tofmat:
Guys pls is it a must that once I open d rest I must finish it. I juss wanna glance tru d questions now.. Is this possible pls lld appreciate a reply ASAP thanks
for the quiz questions, yes you must finish a section once you open it. If you leave before you submit, you can't come back to do it again, as the submit button would be greyed out, and you can forget about getting an interview invite.

For the labs, you can return at any time before the deadline to finish it and get your code to pass all tests
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by wacomzy: 8:50am On Feb 01, 2017
Please any information on areas in Asaba or warri where someone can do a 6-months siwes.. I'm a physics student
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Tofmat:

You can open all the labs and test as many times as you want as long as you do not click on 'Submit'.
You can submit each test section only ONCE.

So feel free to open all the test and glance through them then come back l8r and solve then submit.

This question was also answered in their FAQ
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by MacKennie(m): 12:07am On Feb 05, 2017
I've been doing the normal tests well, but the lab keeps coming up with errors i don't understand. First, do i type in tests or solution?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2017
MacKennie:
I've been doing the normal tests well, but the lab keeps coming up with errors i don't understand. First, do i type in tests or solution?
solution. The tests part contain the visible tests that should guide you as you code
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:16am On Feb 06, 2017
MacKennie:

If you're getting errors, you're definitely putting your result in the right place.
Anyway, you can't type anything in the tests' area, it's 'locked'.

If you get errors when you run the test, that means there are errors in your code, your code could not be interpreted. Patiently read through the error message, the error may become obvious.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by emeroid: 9:45am On Feb 06, 2017
Hey guys, I am done with three lab test, which submitted successfully, but the remaining three is giving me issues it is not submitting. I dont kniw whats wrong. Is there anyone in this forum that has successfully submitted his :
1)Is_Isogram
2)ShoppingCart
3)my_sort

Please if their is some one in this forum, please kindly advice us how u did yours, and succeeded, I will also give the steps I used to submit the other remaining three I submitted.
Thank you guy. Waiting for your reply.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by emeroid: 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Guys I have succeeded in coding and submitting the my_sort, buts it is still remaining the order two:
1) is_isogram
2)ShoppingCart

Any idea, cause I am finding it difficult to submit guys.....THank you for your help. grin grin grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by vosquare: 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
Please guys, who knows any sure company I can have my industrial training?.. I study electrical electronic engineering.. Please
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Akintileboy: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
So guys, I'm here to help you. Done with all the lab tests but I won't copy & paste codes for you. I will help you debug.
1. Isogram

Check the details, you are missing some things.... Yes your codes are right but go over and read the question again. A secret detail is hidden in the question that they want you to find out logically yourself then add the solution to one of the conditions given.

2. Shopping cart:
Same ideas here as above. The condition is on PARAGRAPH FIVE where it says "if quantity of an item to be removed..."

GOODLUCK... If you are smart enough, it shouldn't take you much time to get with the hints and if you aren't that smart, trust me the process of finding the solutions will make you.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by emeroid: 12:49am On Feb 07, 2017
Akintileboy:
So guys, I'm here to help you. Done with all the lab tests but I won't copy & paste codes for you. I will help you debug.
1. Isogram

Check the details, you are missing some things.... Yes your codes are right but go over and read the question again. A secret detail is hidden in the question that they want you to find out logically yourself then add the solution to one of the conditions given.

2. Shopping cart:
Same ideas here as above. The condition is on PARAGRAPH FIVE where it says "if quantity of an item to be removed..."

GOODLUCK... If you are smart enough, it shouldn't take you much time to get with the hints and if you aren't that smart, trust me the process of finding the solutions will make you.

Hey man, thank you for your quick response, I am grateful, Please can you send me an email? here is mine so we can talk better: threalyongbug@gmail.com.....Thank you.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by emeroid: 8:23am On Feb 09, 2017
Guys, why is this forum so quiet? Please some one should help me with the object Oriented Programming: ShoppingCart lab test please........ It's driving me a nut.. sad grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.