Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620344 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joshkolade: 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Andela worth it dude.. Even when you not chosen... You get the experience you always hope to have... I dont do javascript before but now i can thanks to Andela
tgmservice:
Is this andela thing really worth the tym? am only hearing of u guys in nairaland
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by elfico(m): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Smug:
I just took the home study test and I'm not impressed with my score of 371. However, i did with just 11% completion of the JavaScript class on code academy. All i need to do is complete the full course, revise nd put in for the next Andela recruitment exercise and pray for the best.

#teamOptimistic
You fared better bro. I scored 288. I have programming experience and prepared well for the test by ready alot of materials on javascript, but on the day I need them most, MTN just fvcked me up big time. I missed about five questions because the page wont accept my input in time and before you know it, it writes time up and deducts my score. I even had to refresh the page twice while in the middle of the test and of course I lost those questions to time up. I will have to wait for the next class I guess.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yemicoal(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ichiato:

Please did your mail actually state to rewrite the test?
thought it was bro, the same scores were still attached. Did u get the mail too?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by swiftguy1: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
MY EXPERIENCE!!!

Scored 578, went for overtime and it dropped to 532. Mailed both scores to [email]apply@andela.co[/email]. Anyways, all I have to do now is wait. Got a mail the deadline was extended till Thursday 23 July 2015, but I think its better I wrote it today abeg. No need to wait.

Andela be setting questions with multiple nestings, curly bracket, square brackets and stuff - i think i even saw > and thought it was a new kind of bracket. Such a large font I have to scroll down to continue reading, not even to see the answers (or options) yet o. And guess what, before I scroll down, i don forget wetin i see for up.

Did I forget to mention all this while that the timer has been counting? Yeah! Some question are to be done in 30 seconds, others 60. I actually loaded a new question, and the first thing I noticed was the timer - 70 something and counting ... (I think). Right away I knew a mouse would be best to scroll thru that particular question, not this touch pad on my laptop.

To those guys that drafted the questions, una try. I saw your names o! And its somewhere in my head. your questions made it impossible to cram your names.

In all, it was a wonderful experience. If you haven't done it, just chill - its not that difficult. Just
1) Get a good network - 30 minutes should do. My network went off, and by the time it got back, they say i don miss one question, so minus 40 marks. O yeah! Negative marking.

2) Study the recommended material. - And no, I didn't for the "s". Na only one material (javascript, maybe java sef) full there.

3) Have faith.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Smug: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
i also got the mail about the extension of the deadline to thursday. those pf us that have taken the test earlier, are we to redo? I was also able to submit my score properly, do I need to send a screen shot also? If i need to, pls shower me with the mailing address.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
yemicoal:
thought it was bro, the same scores were still attached. Did u get the mail too?
yes I did too
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by swiftguy1: 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Smug:
i also got the mail about the extension of the deadline to thursday. those pf us that have taken the test earlier, are we to redo? I was also able to submit my score properly, do I need to send a screen shot also? If i need to, pls shower me with the mailing address.
I just replied the mail the sent concerning the next deadline, and it sent to apply@andela.co
The mail said nothing about re writing.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by elfico(m): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
I just saw an advert for andela trainee program. Have they started recruitment for another class when they are yet to complete one? Any clarification please?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
elfico:
I just saw an advert for andela trainee program. Have they started recruitment for another class when they are yet to complete one? Any clarification please?

yeah, they normally start recruiting after one closes, this will probably go on for some years, as the target is 100,000 thousand Nigerian youths, I think
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yemicoal(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
The smarterer system is so fvcked up!.. I pray they look into it
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by elfico(m): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ramos16:

yea
h, they normally start recruiting after one closes, this will probably go on for some years, as the target is 100,000 thousand Nigerian youths, I think
Thanks for the clarification.
I better reapply then.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by okikesam: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Google63:

I submitted my result properly. Do I still need to send them a screen shot?
I submitted properly too but I didn't send the screenshot. Could that be a problem? And i got 562, is it good enough?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
okikesam:
I submitted properly too but I didn't send the screenshot. Could that be a problem? And i got 562, is it good enough?
562 is a good score bro.. Let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
elfico:

Thanks for the clarification.
I better reapply then.

you might not be able to take the plum test if you reapply, until they clear out your name from the plum test, you had taken....

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Boasbabs(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2015
okikesam:

PLS WHAT EMAIL DO YOU SEND THE SCREENSHOT TO? IS IT apply@andela.co ??
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cammyjr(m): 8:35am On Jul 23, 2015
swiftguy1:
MY EXPERIENCE!!!

Scored 578, went for overtime and it dropped to 532. Mailed both scores to [email]apply@andela.co[/email]. Anyways, all I have to do now is wait. Got a mail the deadline was extended till Thursday 23 July 2015, but I think its better I wrote it today abeg. No need to wait.

Andela be setting questions with multiple nestings, curly bracket, square brackets and stuff - i think i even saw > and thought it was a new kind of bracket. Such a large font I have to scroll down to continue reading, not even to see the answers (or options) yet o. And guess what, before I scroll down, i don forget wetin i see for up.

Did I forget to mention all this while that the timer has been counting? Yeah! Some question are to be done in 30 seconds, others 60. I actually loaded a new question, and the first thing I noticed was the timer - 70 something and counting ... (I think). Right away I knew a mouse would be best to scroll thru that particular question, not this touch pad on my laptop.

To those guys that drafted the questions, una try. I saw your names o! And its somewhere in my head. your questions made it impossible to cram your names.

In all, it was a wonderful experience. If you haven't done it, just chill - its not that difficult. Just
1) Get a good network - 30 minutes should do. My network went off, and by the time it got back, they say i don miss one question, so minus 40 marks. O yeah! Negative marking.

2) Study the recommended material. - And no, I didn't for the "s". Na only one material (javascript, maybe java sef) full there.

3) Have faith.

Cheers!

hehe , no be small thing bro. Even after studying , the tension was still there , plus having to watch the time tick too. God help us

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Boasbabs:

PLS WHAT EMAIL DO YOU SEND THE SCREENSHOT TO? IS IT apply@andela.co ??

yes... apply@andela.co
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2015
swiftguy1:
MY EXPERIENCE!!!

1) Get a good network - 30 minutes should do.

#summary
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by labimide: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
rahdio:
Just tried taking the test. However, it brought up my previous score, as I had taken the test in the last application.
And the submit button seems not to be successful.

Has anyone else tried the test? sad

Please how did you resolve this. I need help ASAP.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joshkolade: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
Have anyone got any mail.. regarding be chose... am getting paranoid embarassed cos i score 618 in the last edition but didnt got chosen... this time it is 732.. I hope i make the scores... undecided
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Guys!! That test was nerve-racking, believe it! I scored 536 at first, then took the overtime and got 514. I'm currently ranked 531 among the 1480 people that have taken. I pray I get chosen.

What I observed from taking the test was that it was aimed to test your knowledge, attentiveness, degree of attention to details, level of mastery and speed. It was quite thrilling! Having a broad and deep knowledge, and ample experience in JavaScript and, (less importantly) HTML and CSS coding would make one excel in these tests, I believe.

After sending a mail with attachments containing screengrabs of my results(I sent both the normal one and the one gotten after the overtime) to apply@andela.co, I finally discovered how to submit the result via the smarterer/proctor platform. All I did was click the take time to setup your account icon. The icon faded, then I positioned my mouse on the space where they talk about the email used for "greenhouse". I now typed-in the email I used for the application and clicked the "submit" button. And I got a response telling me that my result has been submitted, shikena!

All the best guys! Andela, here I come! grin

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by swiftguy1: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
olahwisdom:

... All I did was click the take time to setup your account icon. The icon faded, then I positioned my mouse on the space where they talk about the email used for "greenhouse". I now typed-in the email I used for the application and clicked the "submit" button. And I got a response telling me that my result has been submitted.

Just tried that and it worked for me too. Thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by swiftguy1: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
joshkolade:
Have anyone got any mail.. regarding be chose... am getting paranoid embarassed cos i score 618 in the last edition but didnt got chosen... this time it is 732.. I hope i make the scores... undecided

Happy for you bro!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cammyjr(m): 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
olahwisdom:
Guys!! That test was nerve-racking, believe it! I scored 536 at first, then took the overtime and got 514. I'm currently ranked 531 among the 1480 people that have taken. I pray I get chosen.

Bro how did you manage to see the ranking ?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cammyjr(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
joshkolade:

You've just made me so scared bro , 618 and you weren't called for interview ? Now that's scary.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nmeri17: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
blueyedgeek:

The bootcamp has been really exciting, sitting in a class with 16 (not accounting for those that were taken to the python class) eager coders (fine babes included) really makes you push yourself. Everyday, I wake up, I'm always excited to get to bootcamp. It's really fast paced though..
cheesy are these fine babes coders too or they just come like the cheerleaders in basketball cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 12:31am On Jul 24, 2015
cammyjr:

Bro how did you manage to see the ranking ?

Try visiting the URL smarterer.com and loging-in with the details U used to register.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 6:29am On Jul 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
cheesy are these fine babes coders too or they just come like the cheerleaders in basketball cheesy
Everyone is a programmer regardless of gender.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cammyjr(m): 7:13am On Jul 24, 2015
olahwisdom:

Try visiting the URL smarterer.com and loging-in with the details U used to register.

Thanks I've seen mine it's 753. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2015
cammyjr:

Thanks I've seen mine it's 753. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Yea. Let's hope for the best.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by olahwisdom(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2015
joshkolade:

U scored 732? I'm impressed. Great work!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2015
olahwisdom:

U scored 732? I'm impressed. Great work!

It's actually easy if you know your way.

Anyways I just got invited for the interview.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.