Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621139 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
dabanzy:

bro this is wassup grin
finally!!!!!!!!!

Cc WafiJoe, onyebig1, miketayo, 5staG.

great grin thumbs up
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Kayman358(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello guys I'm currently stucked at the module 3 oop lab. I'm getting an error after it has compiled well on my interpreter locally. Thanks in anticipation

class BankAccount (object):
def __init__(self, balance):
self.balance = balance
def deposit (self, amount):
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
def withdraw (self, amount):
if amount > self.balance:
return ("invalid transaction"wink
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
class MinimumBalanceAccount (BankAccount):
def __init__(self, minimumbalance):
self.minimumbalance = 1000
print (minimumbalance)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kayman358:
Hello guys I'm currently stucked at the module 3 oop lab. I'm getting an error after it has compiled well on my interpreter locally. Thanks in anticipation

self.balance = balance
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
print (minimumbalance)

@whr u define ur deposit, remove " self.amount = amount and make it self.minimumbalance=minimumbalance and it is "if self.balance > amount" and not d other way round then it will be "self.balance-=amount else return "invalid transaction"".
That works for me
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kayman358:

self.balance = balance
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
print (minimumbalance)

The bold line is not properly indented, I will advise you to use an else: and remove the constructor you have in MinimumBalanceAccount subclass. You can also remove all instance of 'return self.balance' from your code.

You definitely wont get errors on your system cuz Python wont crash even if you have error on line 10 until it has to parse that line.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Kayman358(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
Thanks guys the error actually came from my indentation. I just fixed it now. The bugs were on these two lines
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by spartanian(m): 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
I am getting this error in the OOP lab:
1 . test_withdraw
Failure in line 20, in test_withdraw self.assertEqual(self.my_account.balance, 50, msg='Withdraw method inaccurate') AssertionError: Withdraw method inaccurate

self.balance = balance
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
pass
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by debh(m): 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
spartanian:
I am getting this error in the OOP lab:
1 . test_withdraw
Failure in line 20, in test_withdraw self.assertEqual(self.my_account.balance, 50, msg='Withdraw method inaccurate') AssertionError: Withdraw method inaccurate
self.balance = balance
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
pass

Where is your else: keyword after the if
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
Please guys, I really need your helps, I knw am not suppose to ask these, but I don't ave a choice that to ask, am stuck in the Algo, recursive and FizzBuzz lab, ave tried all my possible best to sort them out but it's all to no avail, my algo lab will pass all the test but will fail to submit, pls, to anyone who have passed these stages, I really nid the codes to them, pls I beg u all. Time is not by my side. Please guys.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
iamoracle:
Please guys, I really need your helps, I knw am not suppose to ask these, but I don't ave a choice that to ask, am stuck in the Algo, recursive and FizzBuzz lab, ave tried all my possible best to sort them out but it's all to no avail, my algo lab will pass all the test but will fail to submit, pls, to anyone who have passed these stages, I really nid the codes to them, pls I beg u all. Time is not by my side. Please guys.
Giving you our scripts is against Andela's rules and against our code of conduct in this thread. We need to help each other as much as possible to become elite devs, and that's how we do it. But we're very available to debug. So where're your scripts?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hi guys...@ enigmatique: I was finally able to submit today after refactoring the prime_number code.The get_algorithm_result code was ok like I thought. Thanks a lot for your help bro, I'm done with the test now. Good luck to all you coders out there!

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
function fizzBuzz(i){ for (i=1; I<=101; i++); if (i%15===0){ return ('FizzBuzz'); } else if (i%3===0){ return ('Fizz'); } else if (i%5===0){ return ('Buzz'); } else { return (i); } }
Dat's for the FizzBuzz lab
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
My Recursive Lab

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
My fizzBuzz Lab

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
My Algo Lab

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 6:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
mazma:
How did you resolve yours? Having the same issue too. sad sad

wat error are you talking of please....
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Kayman358(m): 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
iamoracle:
My Recursive Lab
Your function name is missing something out (recursive_factorial). Check it well bro. Also you are not checking for when n is o, since ur if statement is taking care of n==1 instead of n <= 1 i.e. 1 will be returned anytime n is lesser than or equal to 1.

iterative factorial
Your iteration will be in
initialize ur product to be 1
for i in range (n):
product = product * (i+1)
return product

I'm yet to do my Fizz Buzz also

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Kayman358(m): 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
Good evening guys, whats happening regarding the Andela Open Saturday. I got a mail some days back they will get back to first 60 people to show interest. Is anyone in? If so kindly update us here.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
@kayman,
I received d mail too but dey neva get back to me as they said maybe I didn't fall into d range they need. Tanks 4 d correction u maid on my code, I'll try it. Ave u done ur ALGO LAB?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dabanzy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
The open saturday is supposed 2 be 2moro but no resonse from them so far.....
guess i didnt fall in d range too
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
5staG:
Hi guys...@ enigmatique: I was finally able to submit today after refactoring the prime_number code.The get_algorithm_result code was ok like I thought. Thanks a lot for your help bro, I'm done with the test now. Good luck to all you coders out there!
Oh yeah! Yeah baby! At last. Congratulations bro!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
iamoracle:
function fizzBuzz(i){
for (i=1; I<=101; i++);

if (i%15===0){
return ('FizzBuzz');
} else if (i%3===0){
return ('Fizz');
} else if (i%5===0){
return ('Buzz');
} else {
return (i);
}
}

Dat's for the FizzBuzz lab
ABSOLUTELY remove that for loop. Doesn't have any use whatsoever, and its body is even an empty statement (i.e a single semicolon). Your code will work thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
enigmatique:

ABSOLUTELY remove that for loop. Doesn't have any use whatsoever, and its body is even an empty statement (i.e a single semicolon). Your code will work thereafter.

Pls, r. U on the created whatsApp group? If yes, pls can u add me?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 12:07am On Apr 02, 2016
iamoracle:

Pls, r. U on the created whatsApp group? If yes, pls can u add me?
No, I'm not. I also encourage you not to go there coz if you resolve your problems here on NL, that info will be available for future applicants to learn from.

But IF you must join, talk to WafiJoe.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 12:23am On Apr 02, 2016
enigmatique:

No, I'm not. I also encourage you not to go there coz if you resolve your problems here on NL, that info will be available for future applicants to learn from.

But IF you must join, talk to WafiJoe.

Ok, tanks but I don't get u well on d correction u made on d fizzBuzz Lab, r u saying I should remove d for loop permanently and wat's d empty statement
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 02, 2016
Greetings guys. Please did anyone come across and solved this kind of error. Been battling it for a while now.
It's from the OOP lab. Gracias

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 02, 2016
I am still facing the error mentiioned above ooooo. pls guys help.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2016
please am yet to get my plum test score i took the test 30th of march
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2016
iamoracle:

Ok, tanks but I don't get u well on d correction u made on d fizzBuzz Lab, r u saying I should remove d for loop permanently and wat's d empty statement
- Yes, remove the for loop permanently. That's where the bug is.
- In JS, individual statements are terminated with semicolons ( ; ). However, if you write a semicolon with NO commands before it, that constitutes an EMPTY statement. That's what I meant. So the body of your for loop is actually an empty statement.

Se u get?

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
enigmatique:

- Yes, remove the for loop permanently. That's where the bug is.
- In JS, individual statements are terminated with semicolons ( ; ). However, if you write a semicolon with NO commands before it, that constitutes an EMPTY statement. That's what I meant. So the body of your for loop is actually an empty statement.

Se u get?
pls, can i have ur whatsApp number?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by zubyno: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dear Nairaland python coders. Please help me out. I am stuck in the DSLAB. section 4. I am very new to Python. Please check my code below and make necessary correction. it is given me error message.

def manipulate_data(argument1, argument2):
if argument1 == "list":
argument2.reverse()
return argument2

if argument1 == "set":
argument2.add("ANDELA"wink
argument2.add("TIA"wink
argument2.add("AFRICA"wink
return argument2

if argumet1 == "dictionary":
argument2.keys()
return argument2

Please help. I don't know if I am making sense at all.
The error message received is

Total Specs: 3 Total Failures: 2
1 . test_manipulate_dictionary
Failure in line 23, in test_manipulate_dictionary self.assertEqual(result, ["grapes", "mangoes", "apples", "oranges"], msg = "Dictionary not manipulated correctly"wink AssertionError: Dictionary not manipulated correctly
2 . test_manipulate_set
Failure in line 19, in test_manipulate_set self.assertEqual(result, {"a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "ANDELA", "TIA", "AFRICA"}, msg = "Set not manipulated correctly"wink AssertionError: Set not manipulated correctly

your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
zubyno:
Dear Nairaland python coders. Please help me out. I am stuck in the DSLAB. section 4. I am very new to Python. Please check my code below and make necessary correction. it is given me error message.

def manipulate_data(argument1, argument2):
if argument1 == "list":
argument2.reverse()
return argument2

if argument1 == "set":
argument2.add("ANDELA"wink
argument2.add("TIA"wink
argument2.add("AFRICA"wink
return argument2

if argumet1 == "dictionary":
argument2.keys()
return argument2

Please help. I don't know if I am making sense at all.
The error message received is

Total Specs: 3 Total Failures: 2
1 . test_manipulate_dictionary
Failure in line 23, in test_manipulate_dictionary self.assertEqual(result, ["grapes", "mangoes", "apples", "oranges"], msg = "Dictionary not manipulated correctly"wink AssertionError: Dictionary not manipulated correctly
2 . test_manipulate_set
Failure in line 19, in test_manipulate_set self.assertEqual(result, {"a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "ANDELA", "TIA", "AFRICA"}, msg = "Set not manipulated correctly"wink AssertionError: Set not manipulated correctly

your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Maybe its lack of patience or calmness on your side, the errors are self explanatory.

I will give you two hints.

1. I don't think set data structure has an add() method checkout set union

2. I know your are to return the keys of the dictionary and not the whole dictionary itself.

Adios
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by iamoracle: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
tanks to everyone for your support, i am grateful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.