Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Girl Born Without A Face - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Girl Born Without A Face (64249 Views)

Mysterious Baby Girl Born Pregnant With Twins / 'I Was Born Without A Joystick But I'm Getting One Made From My ARM' / Checkout Pictures Of A Girl Born With 4 Hands & 4 Legs!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Originalsly: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2014
These people always come up with the name of some kind of super rare disease to whitewash these unnatural deformities. I firmly believe this is the result of messing with nature by drugs...as in fertility drugs, prescription drugs, experimental drugs or hard drugs espeially during pregnancy. They would quickly point out she was free from any such danger but since they did not I guess she was not clean. Whatever the case I hope she truly loves from her heart and not because of the money she would bereceiving as a result of the handicap.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2014
50calibre: See this guy, he suffers from a condition called Neurofibromatosis, women don't look at his face twice, kids are scared of his face, no one will give him a job lest he drives customers away.

The only job he does is performing at a freak show.

Again is it worth it? Shouldn't his parents have done the needful?

Should people with genes predisposing then to weight gain/diabetes/hypertension be subjected to the needful.....since their lives would be miserable.?

Should people with genes predisposing them to be hunchbacks be subjected to the needful since their lives would be miserable?

Should black children born in a predominantly white country be subjected to the needful since their lives would be miserable?

Don't go down a road that....at the risk of violating Godwin's.....was gone down once before...leading to the horror of the Holocaust , and the sterilization of hundreds of your fellow Africans under Hitler's rule...because of their genetics.

Your problem is your impatience with your fellow human beings. As well as your disdain of anything ''abnormal''

Euthanasia is a dangerous road.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by LyfeJennings(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2014
maingwaest: . But no one have the right to take someone else's life.

U ever heard of Euthanasia
Google it. I'm not cruel. I got a heart
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by LajaLaba: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Chineke!This is terrible!hate this mehn embarassed They have to let them go including the sister undecided
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by justi4jesu(f): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2014
50calibre: See this guy, he suffers from a condition called Neurofibromatosis, women don't look at his face twice, kids are scared of his face, no one will give him a job lest he drives customers away.

The only job he does is performing at a freak show.

Again is it worth it? Shouldn't his parents have done the needful?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked pls u guys should stop posting these kind of pics abeg...Gosh
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by LyfeJennings(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2014
bikinibabe:
shocked for reals??
Abeg read ur comment and re comment again pls

I have read it a billion times over and there's nothing,absolutely nothing wrong with it. Thank God I'm not the only one who reason like this here
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Blockus: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2014
Nairaland Doctors: Was this condition not detectable from ante-natal scans?
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2014
Who says she doesn't have a face. She does have one and she's beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2014
Originalsly: These people always come up with the name of some kind of super rare disease to whitewash these unnatural deformities. I firmly believe this is the result of messing with nature by drugs...as in fertility drugs, prescription drugs, experimental drugs or hard drugs espeially during pregnancy. They would quickly point out she was free from any such danger but since they did not I guess she was not clean. Whatever the case I hope she truly loves from her heart and not because of the money she would bereceiving as a result of the handicap.

Oh brother.....not another joker.

What genes are related to Treacher Collins syndrome?

Mutations in the TCOF1, POLR1C, or POLR1D gene can cause Treacher Collins syndrome. TCOF1 gene mutations are the most common cause of the disorder, accounting for 81 to 93 percent of all cases. POLR1C and POLR1D gene mutations cause an additional 2 percent of cases. In individuals without an identified mutation in one of these genes, the genetic cause of the condition is unknown.

The proteins produced from the TCOF1, POLR1C, and POLR1D genes all appear to play important roles in the early development of bones and other tissues of the face. These proteins are involved in the production of a molecule called ribosomal RNA (rRNA), a chemical cousin of DNA. Ribosomal RNA helps assemble protein building blocks (amino acids) into new proteins, which is essential for the normal functioning and survival of cells. Mutations in the TCOF1, POLR1C, or POLR1D gene reduce the production of rRNA. Researchers speculate that a decrease in the amount of rRNA may trigger the self-destruction (apoptosis) of certain cells involved in the development of facial bones and tissues. The abnormal cell death could lead to the specific problems with facial development found in Treacher Collins syndrome. However, it is unclear why the effects of a reduction in rRNA are limited to facial development.

In other words...a genetic disease,like Sickle cell disease.

And FYI....mutations are not ALL caused by drugs....most gentic mutations come from unknown causes! aND IN THIS CASE.....the cause of the mutations isnot known.....however, research shows that...

Inheritance of Treacher Collins syndrome is autosomal dominant, with complete penetrance and variable expressivity. Nonpenetrance is rare. Approximately 60% of cases represent fresh mutations. Administration of a teratogenic dose of vitamin A or isotretinoin in mice, rats, and hamsters produced malformations of the craniofacial skeleton that resembled features of mandibulofacial dysostosis.

Unless the mother tooka heavy dose of vitamin A(Which would make her sick)....the cause of the mutation is not drugs.

Sources: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/946143-clinical#a0218

See also:http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/treacher-collins-syndrome
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by LyfeJennings(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Marvyx: Very sensible mother. Gifts like this child are very rare. All of you suggesting euthanasia need to be cared for in a mental home.

walahi,U are maddening
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Deelola(f): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2014
it is well
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Blockus: Nairaland Doctors: Was this condition not detectable from ante-natal scans?

According to Medscape.....it can be diagnosed by ultrasound scans
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Yeesh(f): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2014
J12: With all due respect, euthanasia is the only option.
ths ws d first thing dt came to my mind too wen i read the topic until i saw her picture.she s got a face really,jst deformed.i think she should just live her life as long as she cn carry out all life processes.a corrective surgery will def help.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by napema(f): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2014
echobee: Pretty girl. God u re great.

Why you blame God? Your just a typical Nigerian girl; Lazy, ambitious, fat, you love sex and money, your just a Runs girl.

Even when that girl doesn´t have a normal face (unfurtonately), she has heart and Brain, while you haven´t !! beech
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by boombay(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Thiz one iz strong!
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2014
Dafuq!!
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Jhayeahsam01(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2014
na who go come marry this one now..... make she come join threatre art for nijar
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by echobee(f): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2014
napema:

Why you blame God? Your just a typical Nigerian girl; Lazy, ambitious, fat, you love sex and money, your just a Runs girl.

Even when that girl doesn´t have a normal face (unfurtonately), she has heart and Brain, while you haven´t !! beech
where did u see me post,blaming God?.abi ur eyes dey pain u ni? Why dont u read my post again. Gudday.

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by maingwaest(f): 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
LyfeJennings:

U ever heard of Euthanasia
Google it. I'm not cruel. I got a heart
. Don't get me wrong,am not saying u do not have a heart ,just clerifying the fact that taking one's life is wrong. The said Euthanasia or mercy killiing as others call it was formulated by human. I have not heard that the Holy BIBLE/QURAN justify anything like it. Just saying.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by geedeex2(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
José mourinho wasn't this sarcastic before he was charged and finned.GOD IS GREAT SHA O
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by UrbanMystique: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Another god masterpiece....

What a wonderful doG god we serve
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by mummy3(f): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
I believe it's drugs that her mum used to take during her pregnancy that caused her this. God of merciful will be with her. my heart bleeds
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by UrbanMystique: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
napema:

and you know all these how? Who should she blame anyway?

why are Nigerians this stupid?
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Ishilove: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is a lesson to those of you who go around calling people 'ugly'. You cannot create a single strand of hair, yet you can call another people ugly.

For those of you who have been called 'ugly' in the past, when next somebody mocks you, either on Nairaland or offline, think of this innocent little girl and be grateful to God. The same creator who made you also made this little child, and He never makes mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by sammily(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
cry cry cry

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by VantagePoint: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
herald9: THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THE FACT THAT THESE THINGS DOESN'T HAPPEN IN ANIMALS...

IS THIS REALLY THE IMAGE OF GOD
WRONG! !
Animals have congenital anomalies too.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by UrbanMystique: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
CocoLoca: Easy to praise "god" when you aren't a victim or personally affected.
abi o
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by UrbanMystique: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ishilove: This is a lesson to those of you who go around calling people 'ugly'. You cannot create a single strand of hair, yet you can call another people ugly.

For those of you who have been called 'ugly' in the past, when next somebody mocks you, either on Nairaland or offline, think of this innocent little girl and be grateful to God. The same creator who made you also made this little child, and He never makes mistakes.
how can a perfect creator create such an imperfect being or world?
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by DonaldGenes(m): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
faithugo64: him

Slaps her mouth
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by blackgold7777(f): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by advocate666: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2014

I can't stop shaking my head at this comment.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by faithugo64(f): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Slaps her mouth
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

331 Year Old Tortoise Found In Ogbomoso, Oyo State (Photos) / He Dies Days After Tweeting: "Anybody Can Die Anytime, Enjoy Your Life!" / Awkward Ways Some Lagosians Urinate On The Street (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.