Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation (1256 Views)

Anambrarians Commend Gov. Obiano Over Operation 'light Up Anambra' Project (PIC) / The Soldiers Without Enough Weapons To Fight Boko Haram / What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by chidekings(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2014
At least 15 Nigerian soldiers are said to have been killed by Boko Haram today at noon when they set out to recapture Damboa military base. Sahara Reporters states that 200 men of the military had been sent out on the operation to reclaim the base from Islamist militant insurgents who overran it and took it over a few days ago. The members of the group allegedly laid in ambush waiting for the arrival of the soldiers to retake the base. The group opened fire on the soldiers as soon as they arrived at the base. They killed as many as 15, and left several injured. A source revealed that the soldiers are angry that they were sent to such a high-risk operation without enough firepower and troops to take out the Boko Haram insurgents.
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by slimthugchimee(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Before i opened this thread my mind went straight to sahara reporterz. And totally predictable its them. I even hardly belive their news anymore
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by idupaul: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2014
So we have a Nigerian army base under the control of the bastards called Boko Haram now .. How I wish I was a defense advisor to Gej .. Wallahi this insurgency will end in 8 months
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by donphilopus: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2014
slimthugchimee: Before i opened this thread my mind went straight to sahara reporterz. And totally predictable its them. I even hardly belive their news anymore

The first question you should have asked yourself before spewing the hocus-pocus above is: “is this a false information?” if the answer is NO, then you don't have the moral justification to blame them!
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by donphilopus: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2014
idupaul: So we have a Nigerian army base under the control of the bastards called Boko Haram now .. How I wish I was a defense advisor to Gej .. Wallahi this insurgency will end in 8 months

That's what you get when you give Ministers port folio based on sentiments. Some seats that are supposed to be occupied by the right people would be given to some people just for political gains.

How on earth would Shekarau be the Minister of Education? Or, the snail like Obanikoro is more active in posting pictures of himself making love to his wife on social media, than looking for a way to end terrorism as the State Minister of Defence. What else does he know how to do? Does he have any military experience? I wouldn't blame him though, because the clueless one is the cause of all this hocus-pocus!
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by chidekings(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2014
it all bores down to the word of Gen sani abacha which says that their is no insurgency that will survive 24hours without government intervention
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by idupaul: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2014
donphilopus:

That's what you get when you give Ministers port folio based on sentiments. Some seats that are supposed to be occupied by the right people would be given to some people just for political gains.

How on earth would Shekarau be the Minister of Education? Or, the snail like Obanikoro is more active in posting pictures of himself making love to his wife on social media, than looking for a way to end terrorism as the State Minister of Defence. What else does he know how to do? Does he have any military experience? I wouldn't blame him though, because the clueless one is the cause of all this hocus-pocus!

Very sad .. I felt sick when I found out Shekaurau an open critic of western education was made minister of education.
Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by Curlieweed: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
donphilopus:

[b]How on earth would Shekarau be the Minister of Education? [/b]Or, the snail like Obanikoro is more active in posting pictures of himself making love to his wife on social media, than looking for a way to end terrorism as the State Minister of Defence. What else does he know how to do? Does he have any military experience? I wouldn't blame him though, because the clueless one is the cause of all this hocus-pocus!

It's important to criticize objectively without undue emotion and from a position of knowledge. I know you want to criticise Shekarau because he left the sinking ship otherwise known as Apeeshit. However, from every available evidence, Shekarau is eminently suited (both from experience and qualification) to be a Minister for Education. He has a degree in education, was a teacher and spent most of his long civil service career administering public education. Who could be more qualified? This is his bio from Wikipedia.

Shekarau was born in the Kurmawa quarters of Kano, the son of a police officer. He was educated at Gidan Makama Primary School (1961–1967), then at Kano Commercial College (1967–1973) and finally at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (1973–1977) where he received a Degree in Mathematics/Education.

After finishing his Degree, he went into the civil service. Later on, he started his career as a Mathematics teacher at Government Technical College, Wudil in 1978. Two years later he became Principal at Government Day Junior Secondary School, Wudil. In 1980 he was transferred to Government Secondary School, Hadejia, then to Government College Birnin Kudu in 1986, then to Government Secondary School, Gwammaja and then to Rumfa College in March 1988, all as the school's principal.

CareerEdit

Shekarau became Deputy Director of Education in charge of Bichi Zonal Education Area in 1992. One year later, he was promoted to Director Planning, Research and Statistics in Ministry of Education. Two year later, he became Director General (Permanent Secretary), Ministry of Education and Youth Development.

In January 1995, Shekarau was transferred to Ministry of Water Resources, Rural and Community Development, then back to Ministry of Education in January – May 1997 before he was asked to moved to General Service Directorate of the Cabinet Office, all as Permanent Secretary. By February 2000, he was on the move again to Civil Service Commission, where he stayed for only four months before the civil service commission under Ado Gwaram Government sent him to the State College of Arts, Science and Remedial Studies (CASRS) as Chief lecturer (Mathematics) at the Department of Physical Sciences, in May 2000. Shekarau remained in this post for 17 months before he voluntarily retired from the services of Kano State Civil Service on 2 October 2001. Some time after quitting his post as Chief Lecturer, he decided to work as a secretary to businessman Aminu Dantata. He was employed under Dantata until he became a contender in Kano State's 2003 gubernatorial elections.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Shekarau

The other part of your comment about someone posting private pics of his family is too pedestrian to deserve a comment.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation by tit(f): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Curlieweed:

It's important to criticize objectively without undue emotion and from a position of knowledge. I know you want to criticise Shekarau because he left the sinking ship otherwise known as Apeeshit. However, from every available evidence, Shekarau is eminently suited (both from experience and qualification) to be a Minister for Education. He has a degree in education, was a teacher and spent most of his long civil service career administering public education. Who could be more qualified? This is his bio from Wikipedia.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Shekarau

The other part of your comment about someone posting private pics of his family is too pedestrian to deserve a comment.

I thought Curliweed was a jweed.
Is GEJ now buttering your bread?

(1) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Chidoka As Minister / Ebola Outbreak In Lagos!! / APC In Disarray, As Key Leaders Leave In Droves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.