Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,708 members, 7,955,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? (2103 Views)

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
lamdec: I suffered from this body language thing eh, I can never forget one incident that happened back when I was in primary school. We had our end of the year party and my parents couldn't come around and we were given this Cone ice cream, d one the put the ice cream on a cone buscuit,.....the fear of mum beating me if she hears that I ate outside made me keep it till I got home, on getting home,the thing hasn't melted ...chai...it was painful eh, she was blaming me again for keeping it since I was given by my teachers.
very funny grin
#that-look-on-your-face when she said that.. cheesy
Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by Kanwulia: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
My mom had 'THE LOOK'. . . .
My dad had 'THE KOBOKO'. . .

No long tok! kiss

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Jennimma: We've been talking so much of our mommas, what about dads,don't they've any body lang.? Drop ur comments.
Our Dads have body languages too, but they don't (in most times) use them.
Why? They don't have the time.

I don't mean they have no time for their children oo, but they have already put those teachings in the hands of the mother.

You'll hardly see a Dad go out with his child without the mother...the mother must be there sha ni.

But I think, the thing is, most children love their mothers. The Dads don't really speak or correct their children with the body.
But some Dads might be funny atimes oo, the look on their face may melt!!

I can't really tell much about Daddies. I was able to know very very few things about mine.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by DEllaluv(f): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Upon d bdy language,dia are specific ppl she warns u severally nt to accept tns 4rm,no matter wat.So,in dia presence she go follow sef dey pressure u mk u accept,bt try am na,u go hear am 4 house

Dad's own,if hs face is cloudy,u jst pretend say u no hear whr dem dey ask u to collect sth...though,d tn is,daddies have few ppl dey wnt want u to collect smtn 4rm,dey dnt look deeper,dnt worry demselves wt such stuffs,but mums,dia case s diff

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by lamdec(f): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: very funny grin
#that-look-on-your-face when she said that.. cheesy

I tell you....,but the looks and warning helped me a lot to know what's right and wrong,and most especially to be content with whatever my parents gave me. I will sure train my kids with it too.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
lamdec:
I tell you....,but the looks and warning helped me a lot to know what's right and wrong,and most especially to be content with whatever my parents gave me. I will sure train my kids with it too.
yea, everyone is gonna train his kids too cheesy
Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by noble4d(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
wow my mum is an epitome of feasibility. By mere looking at her, I know their is vigor in her personality.

my mum is a funny one, with her one sided smile gazing at me... I dare not do what I plan to do.

Naturally, its vital for mothers to watch over their kids, not only with food, but also with other phenomena. The heart of a mother is glued to the eyes of her children....so wide and deep as oceans.....yes! some of this days mothers tend not to employ the indomitable caring largesse of the ancient mothers. some only have time for their children at the weakened not bothered about where their kids goes to or eat while some mothers only have time for their kids when they got into trouble or on the sick bed...also, some of this days mothers will even encourage their kids to eat what they are offered outside, while some mothers...the only way they think they can stop them is to speak out e.g ( we've already eating at home. Thank you).

yes! it concerns the fathers too. They beat the hell out of their kids during failure... meanwhile, they weren't there when they needed them most.

My own father sharp pass drona sword...his winking eyes depict ( don't do it). The ancient African fathers are strong, they support the mothers in monitoring every steps their kids took.

Therefore, when I got kids I won't allow my work to hinder me in watching over and training my kids the way have been thought.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Have Any Body Language? by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 01, 2015
Let's say it's innate for every protective Mum -esp with the food part. Africans don't mess around with Juju. grin

For me, I was Seriously warned not to accept anything from anyone. So I always rebuff at hand but only if my Mum or any Elderly relative is around.
If Mum wants me to accept, she would normally pressure me to accept. It saves me the trouble to search for the signs. smiley

#That awkward moment the kid is looking straight at you without taking his eyes off.. phew. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Lands In Hot Soup At Sugar Mummy’s House In Lagos / Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? / BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.