Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships (17097 Views)

Prophecy And Relationships / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Mamagidi(f): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2014

"Sticks and stones may break my bones... But words will never harm me"

THIS IS A POPULAR ENGLISH RHYME believed to have appeared in 1862; at the time, a sort of advice to the young one to ignore name-calling and hurtful remarks from his mates. A fair enough purpose, eh? You could say so, but then don’t stretch it beyond that. Why? Because words CAN hurt! Trust me, sometimes they hurt as much as the heaviest stone. More importantly in relationships, because no one can hurt your partner like you can. One cannot overstress the need for you to speak the right words, but just in case you need convincing, here are a few points:

1. YOU GET MORE OF WHAT YOU AFFIRM. Have you ever noticed that when someone praises you, you want to repeat the behavior that caused it? This is just human nature. It can be a form of manipulation if it isn’t genuine. But it can be a powerful way to motivate others when it is authentic.

2. AFFIRMATION SHIFTS YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARD YOUR SPOUSE. Words are powerful tools. They can create, or they can destroy. They can build up, or they can tear down. I believe most people have a drive to align their actions—and their attitudes—with their words. If you start speaking well of someone, you start believing what you say.

3. AFFIRMATION HELPS STRENGTHEN YOUR SPOUSE’S BEST QUALITIES. Encouragement is also a powerful force for good. All of us need positive reinforcement. This is why when we are losing weight and people notice, it gives us the strength to stick with the program. This is true in every area of life.

4. AFFIRMATION WARDS OFF THE TEMPTATION OF INFIDELITY. When others see you are happily married, they are less likely to proposition you. It’s like a hedge that protects your marriage from would-be predators. You simply stop being a target.

5. OTHERS’ OPINION OF YOUR SPOUSE. The way you speak of- and to- your spouse goes a long way to determine how others will come across to him too.

SOURCE: www.mamagidi.com

7 Likes

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Kanwulia: 3:34am On Jul 11, 2014
"Sticks and stones may break my bones... [size=20pt]But words will never harm me"[/size]

Aminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn oooooooooh! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV66yzpNfCI

1 Like

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Talkcentral: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Yes is true. Love you points

Meet ‘Mama Boko Haram’: The Woman Brokering For Peace Between FG And Terrorists
>>>> http://www./nigerian-politics-news/woman-brokering-for-peace-between-fg-and-terrorists/
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by hydeka: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2014
ok
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Smartsyn(m): 6:25am On Jul 11, 2014
OK

1 Like

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by adioolayi(m): 6:25am On Jul 11, 2014
Just as the elders used to say.." Don't ever voiced out you regretting the day you got married to your spouse.......indirectly you are causing your maker"....May God give us all a happy home

7 Likes

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by lilmax(m): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2014
Ok
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Na wa woooo. I'm I the only one that got puzzled while reading this endless repetition?

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 11, 2014
100 percent true, in as much as negative words may bring me down, I always have this positive feeling in me, and I try to forget the words said, though its not easy, God has always been my strength..

1 Like

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by James27: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2014
Tell me something.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by warrior01: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2014
Ok o! We have heard but always remember, it's different strokes for different folks.
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by LMAyedun(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2014
Nice information
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Akshow: 6:37am On Jul 11, 2014
All this nairaland relationship expert posts. How many person wan follow self?
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by priscaoge(f): 6:38am On Jul 11, 2014
5. OTHERS’ OPINION OF YOUR SPOUSE. The way you speak of- and to- your spouse goes a long way to determine how others will come across to him too.

This is correct! No matter how bad Ur Spouse is,DO NOT discuss him in d midst of people or Ur friends,Few will sympathise with U while many will be glad about Ur predicament. The way u present ur spouse determines how people will regard him. Don't allow people around U 2 see ur hubby as a NEVER DO WELL!

7 Likes

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by ERCROSS(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Neva underestimate the power of the Tongue...
words r indeed very powerful..
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Iamoilprince(m): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Ur words can only be powerful to ur female partner if u'v CASH!
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by echobee(f): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2014
True talk. Ops God bless u.
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2014
nice write up
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 11, 2014
Bookmarking all this marriage tips,it could prove worthy of use,when needed..marriage is too complicated jare,haba,too many manual for the same car.

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by chelseabmw(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2014
Kul
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by bolly4future(f): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Nice one.
We should watch our mouth and talk less about our spouse in public.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by angiemartinez(f): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Like i did somedays ago, tenk God we resolved it atlast
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by kayceshow(m): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2014
Good write up
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by showgolee(m): 6:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Na xoxo 'ok' n space booking I jez dey see undecided
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by dridowu: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2014
Ok
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by brainzdh(m): 7:26am On Jul 11, 2014
Yes ooo..Speak carelessly when u're angry, and u'll make the best speech u'll ever live to regret.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by ejifranks(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2014
In Sia's Voice - am bulletproof

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by tlanry: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2014
True yawn.
In other news:

-PDP blames APC for Brazil loss.
- APC blames Fifa for changing their ref due to lack of Penalties.
- Naija girls switch to german hair as against brazilian hair.
- Super Eagles (excluding mikel)forgiven for their early-yet-honourable exit.
- PSG tell Chelsea; we want our £50m back, take your David Luiz; we no buy again.
- Pele changes nationality to Ghana says he has a brother there.
-Fifa says the 7-1 loss was just a training match the real match date will soon be announced as Brazil weren't ready.
-Scolari sack letter being typed at this moment.

4 Likes

Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2014
i haf hear u
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by gabinogem(m): 7:45am On Jul 11, 2014
If I can think it, why can't I say it? Anyways some are titanium to harsh words.
Re: You Can't Underestimate The Power Of Words In Marriage And Relationships by StArusi: 7:48am On Jul 11, 2014
Naija Police Be Like..Y don't u av AC in ur car? Under dis hot sun, U want 2 kill ursef abi? U want 2 commit suicide bah? Oya park!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUSTED: Cheating Wife Caught In The Act & Forced To Have $ex With Her Boyfriend / How Do I Handle This ? / Advise Him: He Got This Mail From His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.