Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (118828 Views)

Offshore, Oil And Gas Industry - Disaster. / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Yxxx: 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hello
I will like to work in the oil and gas sector but my area is social science i.e agribusiness and management.
Please anybody working there who can identify with me also any job opening would be appreciated.
I have over six years of experience in Sales, marketing and management.
Thank you.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Tinkulala: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2021
Don’t believe the hype, Offshore work in Nigeria has been bastardized,majority of the rig workers are depressed.

The job is tedious and very hazardous and the pay is not commensurate with the sacrifices you must make. Oil and Gas Services Employees are the worst, many of them are on Contract basis and they get paid per day offshore, no fixed salary, no work, no pay.

No payoffs no severance package. Many don’t even have ID cards because it’s third party contract arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Rockyfancino(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2021
Please, how do I apply for internship in one of these companies? I know nothing at all. Been trying to google Chevron Okan website sinc cry
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by sunrise234: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
Please someone should drop WhatsApp Link so that will can update ourselves about job opportunity
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by OmayieHenry(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2022
superfavour:
Please I need advice, I just got an offer to work offshore,was told to do offshore medical test. Where can I do the test? Like what the price and what are the requirements? Thanks

Hello Brother please send me your contact
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by OmayieHenry(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2022
sammily:

Same here in Escravos ooo!!!. Had to result to boat for movements

Boss send me your contact
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by OmayieHenry(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
Ugochux:
Good day everyone..I hv my bsc in a basic medical science course..I rili hv passion fr offshore jobs..which short courses should I do as a starter/fresher pls?thanks

Although sm1 suggested 'roustabout and rig safety courses..I don't hv HSE certs yet.

Send me your contact
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by yusufmurry: 11:39am On May 17, 2022
Please I am in Port Harcourt and need an offshore job.
Even though as a helper or whatever role available.

I have valid OPITO T-BOSIET (CA-EBS), Master's degree in Subsea Engineering and BEng Mechanical certificates. I have good attitude to work and relates well with people.

PS: Pls don't limit me to my degrees, it's just my personal development and how I have developed myself to useful.

Please kindly connect me. I just a young guy trying to meet ends.

Reach me through Call/WhatsApp 09022014817 ASAP
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Mutmainneen: 3:17pm On May 18, 2022
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by HelipsTech: 6:21pm On May 18, 2022
I just finished my National Diploma in Chemical engineering technology, I have my HSE 1,2 & 3. I also have SAS training. Pls I would like to work in the oil sector. I will be going for my HND soonest. Pls what other certification do I need to make my dreams come through?

Advice and help needed
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by corbanstevee: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
Please, anyone with an idea of what a Rigger on FPSO earn after 21days.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by yusman14(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26
top10nigeria:
The good thing about nairaland is you’ll never know me so I can write everything and not worry about my identity.
I work offshore and my Wife works offshore(Sub-sea Engineer). I work 2weeks tour while she works 4weeks tour.
The surest way of working offshore is to graduate first Class Engineering/Geo Sciences. My Wife had a first Class Chemical Engineering and Mine is Electronics. Production Oil companies won’t even invite you for Aptitude test if you do not have a 2-1 that is 4.0 and above. And now we have a lot of Nigerians with masters from UK, so its becoming harder for them to employ people with first degree. Now I am assuming you don’t have connections and your Parents are as broke as mine were when they were sending me to school. So that is one path to working offshore and I will call these people employed directly by the Oil companies as Level 1.
Another path is to be a Technical Non-Pro, eg. Cook, Secretary, medical, laundry, welder, painter, deck hands, etc… To make it easier, I will label this Level 2. Most of these people are on contract so they don’t get same level of compensation.
Eg. The average cook/laundry staff earns 840,000/yr
Average Technical Support eg. Pipe fitter/secretary/Welder etc will earn 4-8million a year
But the level 1 guys earn more.
Eg. Personally I earned a total remuneration of 32million last year and my wife Earned 23million last year. (I work for the majors while my Wife works for a Drilling Company – the majors(Exxonmobil / Total/ Shell / Chevron / Agip) always pay more than the drilling (Schlumberger / Transocean / Halliburton)
So the first thing I want those who want to work offshore to do is decide what type of job they want to do offshore. Do you want to be Level 1 or Level 2?
Personally, I have 15yrs of experience and I work in a production company so I am high paying. I don’t think there is anybody within my team including the 2year olds who earns a TR of less than 20million.
So I will encourage you guys to go back to your books and read them so hard.
For me the best part of working offshore is the 2weeks off. I will not transfer to the office for a 200% increase in wages and maybe its because I started working offshore when I was 18. Plus I work on measurement and control systems, so I don’t do any physical work like my folks in mechanical who have to work on pumps, so I am on the best job in the world right now. Also, the Time off allows me to spend time on my other endeavors and For me that is the best part of working offshore. Note: My Wife hates it, but because I am away half of the time, she is managing the job until she can go back to school for her masters.
I hope this adds a different perspective to the conversation.
I am going through this thread currently, and I'm really motivated. I'm in my final year, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, OAU. Currently on a strong 2.1 and by God's grace I want to work in an IOC.

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by yusman14(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26
dustydee:

shocked 32 million for someone with 15 years of experience sounds small to me. I would have thought the majors pay better. if I may ask, are you a technician?
A professor in a federal university here in Nigeria with 15 years of experience earns just #400k/month (4.8m/year). So what should professors now do
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by smudge2079(m): 7:38am On Mar 28
smudge2079:
Mehnnn. Av been dreaming. I studied Geology but still doing d ultimate search & hoping my dreams come true someday.
I quit grin grin grin grin
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Thazard(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16
Reading.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.