Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,212 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola (1846 Views)

Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. / Security Chiefs Meet With President Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Opeomoope: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
Governors of the states currently being controlled by the All Progressives Congress, and other leaders of the party held a closed-door meeting in Osogbo, Osun State to restrategise on how to save the Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, from losing the state in the upcoming August 9 governorship election.
Details of the meeting, which was held at the Government House, Osogbo from Wednesday night until around 2.30am on Thursday was not disclosed to journalists who kept vigil at the venue of the meeting.
However, the National Deputy Chairman of the APC in the South, Mr. Segun Oni, who briefed journalists after the meeting said the leaders of the party were ready for the election.
He said the APC would prevent the PDP from repeating what they did in Ekiti State.
Asked what the party was doing to save the Adamawa State Governor, Murtala Nyako, from being removed from office, Oni said the party would make known its position on it very soon.
Some of the governors who were present at the meeting included, Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State, Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, and the host governor, Aregbesola.
Others included, Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori; Senator Chris Ngige, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed and Alhaji Kawu Baraje.
Oni said, ” What happened in Ekiti was a new dimension to election rigging. We will not allow that to happen here.
“Ekiti election is a new dimension to election rigging in Nigeria, but we as a party will challenge the outcome. We have seen and studied the election’s outcome and for posterity sake we know the election is not the will of the people.
“APC is going to defend the constitution of Nigeria and we shall start that with the election in Ekiti State. We won’t allow the election in Osun State to go the way of Ekiti.
“The congratulatory message of Governor Kayode Fayemi does not deprive us from exercising our rights. The Governor of Ekiti State said ‘if this is the will of the people of Ekiti, we are not going to against it’ and we are still sure that that is not the will of the people.
“Osun will not go the way Ekiti went, God will not allow it to go that way.”
Fashola and Ameachi declined to speak to journalists.
Ngige said Osun State belonged to the APC. He added that the party would do everything to retain the state.
He said the party was not jittery because of the outcome of the election in Ekiti State but he said that the party would not allow the PDP to rig out the APC candidate this time.
Mohammed, on Wednesday issued a statement where he alleged that President Goodluck Jonathan was spending the $20bn missing oil fund to prosecute the Osun governorship poll for the PDP candidate.
But the Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Osun State, Mr. Bola Ajao, described the allegations as spurious.
He said the party had resorted to fabricating lies and feeding the public with the same, because it had become obvious that the people of the state had moved against “their deceits.”
He said, “This is APC sinking ship diplomacy. Sanusi (former governor of Central Bank) who made that spurious allegations has a date to keep with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Nonybb: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ngige should better come out of those crop of supporters of APC and stop disgracing Ndigbo

11 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
Aregbesola is a failure

4 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by alabiyemmy(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
Segun Oni. When you were in the pdp and you won election to become the Ekiti governor, it was the will of the people but now another person won under the same pdp but its no more the will of the people. Shame.

8 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by naffysa(f): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nonybb: Ngige should better come out of those crop of supporters of APC and stop disgracing Ndigbo
Ngige is our brother grin

1 Like

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
move and meet as you like, but Osun people has the final say.

ONE-MAN-ONE-VOTE! APC Dont Forget.

7 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Ohjerry: 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
I believe Ogbeni will WIN with a wide margin.

8 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Ayekotoo(m): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Firefire: move and meet as you like, but Osun people has the final say.

I don't know who made you PDP spokesman here but just want to tell you that you are a failure. You keep spreading lies and deceiving people with your baseless accusations. keep it up

4 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Ayekotoo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Firefire: move and meet as you like, but Osun people has the final say.

The people of Osun state love Aregbesola no matter what you type here. I believe you will go on exile if he finally wins

5 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Ayekotoo(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
Who can be compared with Aregbesola despite meagre allocation he was able to put Osun state on the map? Nobody talks about Ondo, Abia, Bayelsa the way Osun is being talked about from the day Aregbesola was sworn in. check the archives of Nairaland

5 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Yoritshekiri: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ayekotoo: Who can be compared with Aregbesola despite meagre allocation he was able to put Osun state on the map? Nobody talks about Ondo, Abia, Bayelsa the way Osun is being talked about from the day Aregbesola was sworn in. check the archives of Nairaland
That is because of propaganda; the o'this, o'that we keep hearing about. He spent more money on propaganda than on real projects.
At the end of the day, Osun still looks like Hiroshima when it was nuclear bombed.

2 Likes

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by doncaster(m): 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
If Ngige could not save himself how did Ogbeni and his co travelers think he(Ngige) can save him.

1 Like

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Omexonomy: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
The gathering of the supporters of APC war lord.
In any free and fair election in south west PDP will defeat APC with a very wide margine.
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by gramci: 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Gathering of evil forces
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by felifeli: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ohjerry: I believe Ogbeni will WIN with a wide margin.

That was what I also thought before Brazil - Germany match. I lost my bet grin

Don't worry though it will not be end of life only that your new Governor will not wear knicker and force people to do PT every morning. Pele
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Babamide(m): 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
It is common knowledge that Aregbesola is a finished man and APC is a collapsed experiment. I just don't understand why PDP keep fielding touts.

1 Like

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by PenSniper: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
Aregbesola/APC claimed he got more than 400,000 votes in the 'primaries' to 'elect' him as the candidate. A grand preparation for rigging on August 9. But now that they realised rigging may not be possible, they are running helter skelter.

1 Like

Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by CharlesPhc: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
I've personally been waiting for the day the Court would have removed the Gov. that created the so called 'State of Osun' from Osun State...!!! The State of Osun is alien to the Nigerian Constitution and as such anyone changing the nomenclature should be impeached. If not through the representative of the people, then through the ballot box....!!!
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by 1United1: 12:02am On Jul 11, 2014
CharlesPhc: I've personally been waiting for the day the Court would have removed the Gov. that created the so called 'State of Osun' from Osun State...!!! The State of Osun is alien to the Nigerian Constitution and as such anyone changing the nomenclature should be impeached. If not through the representative of the people, then through the ballot box....!!!

PDP you go wait tire!
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by eaglechild: 12:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Meet to "save" Aregbosola.
grin grin grin

Is he drowning?
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Dmano: 1:46am On Jul 11, 2014
If they are meeting 2 save him,does that meams he is drown already? I hope those that went 2 save him are correct swimmers otherwise if he hold down dont shout pdp or labour,because am amaze at pple like Ngige who cannot swim himself going 2recure a drowning man isn't that what late Fela call double wahala 4 dead body
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by ejakpovi2: 5:54am On Jul 11, 2014
what is wrong with south east/south. APC fever has gotten into their brain. You can never see a yoruba man on the street of Awka, otueke, onitsha or Aba selling recharge card doing house girll,hawking,fake drugs. APC VIRUS
Re: APC Govs, Chiefs Meet To Save Aregbesola by Zionope: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
That is because of propaganda; the o'this, o'that we keep hearing about. He spent more money on propaganda than on real projects.
At the end of the day, Osun still looks like Hiroshima when it was nuclear bombed.
Tell me where you live in osun state, and I'll tell you how Ogbeni has affected that area possitively.

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped From Kidnapper’s Den In Ogun State / Jonathan Did Not Order Police To Invade N/assembly — Abati / Photospeaks: Who Is Your Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.