Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland (1568 Views)

Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title / Gov. Rauf Aregbesola Threw Cash & Recharge Cards On His Way To APC Campaign / Buhari Coup Was Done In Ignorance- Lar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Silly is what we call some people we have many of them on Nairaland and among them are silly tribal bigots whose poor knowledge from lack of a reading culture is only worsening their predicament.
Someone started a topic that the Governor of the State of Osun has only West African Examination Council (WAEC) certificate for secondary school graduates. Of course, they are ignorant of the facts on Engineer Rauf Aregbesola. Among these re-tarded people making silly comments are those who cannot even qualify to sit for Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) exams.

ENGINEER RAUF AREGBESOLA - THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE

Engineer Rauf Aregbesola, The Executive Governor of Osun State (www.ogedengbe.com)Alhaji (Engr.) Rauf Aregbesola (ACN), a native of Ijesaland, and 2-Term Commissioner for Works, Lagos State, was duly declared the Executive Governor of Osun State on Friday, 26th November 2010 and sworn in on Saturday, 27th November 2010 as Osun State Governor.
The Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan declared Engr. Rauf Aregbesola as the winner of the 2007 election after over three years of legal battle. Engineer Rauf Aregbesola, who contested on the platform of the Action Congress, AC has been declared winner of the April 14, 2007 governorship election.

PROFILE: Engr. Rauf Aregbesola was born on the 25th May, 1957. He graduated from The Polytechnic Ibadan where he studied Mechanical Engineering. He is a Fellow of the following professional bodies:
Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM),
Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE),
Nigerian Association of Technological Engineers (NATE) and
Certified Marketing Communications Institute of Nigeria (CMCIN)

Alhaji (Engr.) Rauf Aregbesola, Osun State Governor (www.ogedengbe.com)Some of his awards include:
Chairman, Aurora Nigeria Limited (1986)
Ambassador of Goodwill for the State of Tennessee, USA
Nigerian Society of Engineers Merit Award (Contribution to Engineering Discipline)
The Best Commissioner in Lagos State Award
He was the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Lagos State, Nigeria 1999-2007.

3 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by dorofine(f): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
I don't know anything about this man but, the last time I went to osun I was surprised about the changes in osun shocked and I was very impressed. Kudos to him.

5 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Adelaide2: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
He graduated from The Polytechnic Ibadan where he studied Mechanical Engineering.

This is rather vague. What degree (or is it Diploma) was he awarded with? Is it HND or OND?

3 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Adelaide2: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
FELLOW

Eligibility

Person must have undergone a regular course of study in Engineering Science of a duration not less than three years in a University or Technical Institution whose curriculum is approved by the Council, and completed such a course successfully, or satisfied the requirements of other Engineering Societies approved by the Council in respect of Engineering Education

http://www.nse.org.ng/index2.php?page=member_appl

So according to the NSE membership eligibility criteria, you need a minimum of 3 years post secondary studies. If Aregbe has an OND (2 years) from Ib Poly, then he is unqualified to be an NSE member unless of course he presented to the NSE a forged HND certificate (something not impossible in those climes)

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by tuasefemi(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Adelaide2:

This is rather vague. What degree (or is it Diploma) was he awarded with? Is it HND or OND?

Nonsense! For mere fact that he graduated from the polytechnics has ruled out the mischievous rumour that he had only waec certificate
Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Adelaide2: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
tuasefemi:

Nonsense! For mere fact that he graduated from the polytechnics has ruled out the mischievous rumour that he had only waec certificate

He may attend IB poly but not graduate. Why is it difficult to find any information on what Degree or Diploma he was awarded with at IB poly?

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Dasini: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Am from osun state, ile-ife precisely, have worked for the so called celebrated PDP candidate, he is no where to lace the shoes of ruaf, aregbe has brought uncommon transformation to osun, a vote to another party in osun state is a vote for backwardness. I dt see any administration in osun state history that can boast of this man's achievement, bisi akande's administration does nt near this man's success, even david oyedepo affirmed it. Go to osun, from ikire, you dt need to be told. I tell you aregbe is a blessing to osun state. No mattter the vote from Ile-Ife, aregbe will sure carry the day. osun differs from ekiti.

6 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
dorofine: I don't know anything about this man but, the last time I went to osun I was surprised about the changes in osun shocked and I was very impressed. Kudos to him.

Surprised at what?
U ppl have started again

3 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Ayekotoo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
OkijaAmaka: Aragbashola is not any engineer, he is just an ordinary refrigerator technician grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i know his workshop at Ipaja Ayobo when he was residing at Egbeda

Does this stop him from been re-elected? No. So why the obsession? The fact remains that Aregbesola is the best governor so far that Osun ever had.
@Op, tell us your qualification and let's know if you can be considered for councillorship.

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Ayekotoo(m): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dasini: Am from osun state, ile-ife precisely, have worked for the so called celebrated PDP candidate, he is no where to lace the shoes of ruaf, aregbe has brought uncommon transformation to osun, a vote to another party in osun state is a vote for backwardness. I dt see any administration in osun state history that can boast of this man's achievement, bisi akande's administration does nt near this man's success, even david oyedepo affirmed it. Go to osun, from ikire, you dt need to be told. I tell you aregbe is a blessing to osun state. No mattter the vote from Ile-Ife, aregbe will sure carry the day. osun differs from ekiti.
Spread the good news because you are an indigene. Don't let the Igbo posters deceive you lots. many of them are here to mock you when you fail to elect good leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
My Mum is from Osun and she and her folks in Ife love this man. Don't mind paid agents on nairaland at the end of the day Osun will decide based on what they can see and not propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by Ohjerry: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
let's see how the election will go.

Re: Engineer Rauf Aregbesola And Those Attacking Him In Ignorance On Nairaland by PerfectFortune: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
Aregbesola is obviously the best candidate for the Job considering the level of transformation brought to the State but a lot of ppl are blind folded by mere politics and propaganga from the PDP e-politicians.

PDP- A party without ideology

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President, First Lady, Ayo Oritsejafor Others At The Fundraising Dinner / BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Leader Declares Gwoza ‘islamic Caliphate’ / Police College Still Under Boko Haram Occupation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.