Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,250 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Tribalism In Ibowood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tribalism In Ibowood (2457 Views)

Igbo People Are Killing Nollywood With Tribalism ––actress Halima Abubakar / Tribalism In Kannywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by FMarshal2(m): 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2008
grafikdon:

Lol. . . this topic has been beaten to death. . . Deepzone make u try search button now. . . grin

Ogbuefi Nke Izizi!! Aka na ese Animation 1 of Naija! Na hia u dey hide since ehn?  grin
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by plusQueen: 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

Would you like a list of them because I can give it to you.

As long as the person can speak Yoruba, no one is barred from Yoruba movies.

It's funny how the people who don't even WATCH these movies or know anything about them are the ones barking the most. So obvious that they lack the knowledge of the suvbject. Just want to act like everyone is against them

This is a legitimate arguement. Take your "why is everyone after us" whining else where.

Yes TOH get a list of Igbos in Yoruba movies and a list of Yorubas and non Igbos in Nollywood.
I'm sure you were referring to me in the highlighted part
For the barking bit,let me hold my comments. lipsrsealed
It's true I'm not a big fan of these movies but it 's difficult not to respond to all these accusations of tribalism especially from Yorubas for the millionth time
Please produce that list for us to see.
I double dare you tongue
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by grafikdon: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
[/quote][quote author=F_Marshal link=topic=180764.msg2919538#msg2919538 date=1223578218]

Ogbuefi Nke Izizi!! Aka na ese Animation 1 of Naija! Na hia u dey hide since ehn?  grin

grin grin grin My bro-d-a na so e be oh. . . I just dey pop in occasionally to catch my small cyber fun. . .  grin grin How my people over there? You know say my flava don't fade over there so na small small I go dey bow out. . .  grin
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by KarmaMod(f): 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

My point is that his accent was fake. Is chris Rock Jamaican too? Is that not what you are complaining.

Please use common sense. If one of your parents is Nigerian, what are you?

Abeg, stop confusing yourself and once again I already answered the same lame question before. Read my reply to Osisi.

With the millions of Yorubas in Nigeria, they have no excuse using someone else for the role of a Yoruba person. Case Closed.
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by FMarshal2(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
grafikdon:

grin grin grin My bro-d-a na so e be oh. . . I just dey pop in occasionally to catch my small cyber fun. . .  grin grin How my people over there? You know say my flava don't fade over there so na small small I go dey bow out. . .  grin
Every pesin for dat side dey kampe o! Huu tok sey ya Flava dey fade for dia. Jus show me de pesin wey tok am mek I send am go Kandaha, Afghanistan kwik kwik mek dem go meet dia demise for Taliban hand!! angry Good to see u Bro!!! grin
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by KarmaMod(f): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
Osisi that comment was mainly to men who i KNOW don't watch Nollywood but will jump in any thread about it. There are many of them as I've had this arguement many times. remember Donzman?

You obviously do watch which is why you know about RMD's feminine hips tongue so don't make this about you. Please.  undecided
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by DeepZone: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2008
With the millions of Yorubas in Nigeria, they have no excuse using someone else for the role of a Yoruba person. Case Closed.
My point exactly. There are many ibo actors that cannot speak yoruba that rehearsed their script and delivered well in yoruba language. I still remember one of them that said so in an interview.
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by maxell(f): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

Without prejudice to being a yoruba lady, I have to agree with KarmaMod on this. When you have a million and one
yorubas that are better qualified to play a yoruba role, but you settle for an igbo actor, that is nothing but
tribalism at play.

I don't think there is any other way of interpreting this. It's just tribalism plain and simple.

Besides, the way yorubas (and other Nigerian tribes, I might add) are depicted in igbo movies
is really sickening. You'll see these hausas always playing the role of a poor maiguard with no
common sense.

But some of our igbo brothers and sisters on nairaland would turn the other cheek all in the name of defending their tribe.

God Bless Nigeria cool
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by spikedcylinder: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2008
Nope. I don't think igbowood or nollywood for that matter are tribalistic .

These people (the producers and marketers) are crude business men who cut across various tribes and would do anything to sell their movies. If an ogoni woman is the ish of the moment, they would be favourably disposed to ogoni women to sell their movies. If they were really tribalistic, the likes of Omotola and Ini Edo would have been history, since. smiley
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by AloyEmeka9: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2008

You can say that again. That means that all those times they use Olu Jacobs as Igbo igwe where he speaks igbo with a foreign accent or Antar laniyan were tribalism on igbos by igbo movie makers because they could have found one igbo actor to play that role? Get real.
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by AloyEmeka9: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2008
Besides, the way yorubas (and other Nigerian tribes, I might add) are depicted in igbo movies
is really sickening. You'll see these hausas always playing the role of a poor maiguard with no
common sense.

I have to agree to this one in parts anyway. There are so many stereotypes in nollywood, it's always an hausa maiguard who acts like mumu as if there are no other non hausa maiguards in Nigeria or as if maiguards are generally imbecilic. But we see that too in Hollywood movies till today where most chauffers and matre d's are black people.
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by KarmaMod(f): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

You can say that again. That means that all those times they use Olu Jacobs as Igbo igwe where he speaks igbo with a foreign accent or Antar laniyan were tribalism on igbos by igbo movie makers because they could have found one igbo actor to play that role? Get real.

Seriously your excuses are pathetic. Go and sit down.
Re: Tribalism In Ibowood by bgees(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2008
there is tribalism in nollywood. it s there for all to see. even though some igbo people on this thread have started baring their fangs and barking all over the place.

think of this, we have seen over 2 million nollywood movies made since its inception. and how many actores and actresses of yoruba origin have featured in these movies.the answer= just a handful--olu jacobs, joke silva, ramsey noah make it up.

tribalism is easy to find anywhere in nigeria. so we shouldnt be surprised to find it in nollywood. but remember the igbos started it.

for a fact, what the world calls 'nollywood' is actually ''igbowood". so lets stop this mistake.

maybe its like this: igbowood+mallamwood+yorubawood= nollywood.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Games Of Thrones Season 7..loading / Ghanaian Actress Nana Ama Mc-brown In A Fatal Car Crash.....almost Died / I Am Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Movie: We Definitely Need "Foreign Video Cameras"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.