Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona (27747 Views)

Arsenal Sign Spain Midfielder Santi Carzola / England aim to learn from Barcelona boys as FA restructure academy system / Make Money From Barcelona Vs Man Utd Without Doing Football Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Rilwayne001: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2014

Alexis Sanchez agrees to join Arsenal

Chile international striker Alexis Sanchez has agreed to join Arsenal Football Club on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Sanchez, 25, joins Arsenal from Barcelona where he made a total of 88 appearances, scoring 39 goals during his three seasons with the Catalan side.

With Barcelona, Sanchez won both La Liga (2012/13) and the Copa del Rey (2012), as well as the Spanish Super Cup on two occasions (2011, 2013), the UEFA Super Cup (2011) and the FIFA Club World Cup (2011).

Regarded as one of the world’s finest talents, Sanchez has just returned from the World Cup in Brazil, where he played an integral role in Chile qualifying from their group (which included the Netherlands, Spain and Australia) and reaching the round of 16. During the tournament, Sanchez scored two goals from his four appearances.

The striker, who has now made 71 appearances for Chile, scoring 24 goals, started his career with Cobreloa, based in Calama in north Chile, where he spent a season before moving to Santiago-based Colo-Colo, where he won the Chilean Primera Division in 2007.

After convincing performances in Chile between 2005 and 2007, Sanchez went on loan to Argentine side River Plate, where he added the Argentinian Primera Division to his honours.

Following his success in South America, Sanchez made a permanent move to Serie A side Udinese in 2008, where he spent three seasons, scoring 20 goals from 95 appearances, before making the move to Barcelona in 2011.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “As many people have seen during the World Cup this summer, Alexis is a fantastic footballer and we are delighted that he is joining us at Arsenal Football Club.

“Alexis will add power, creativity and much quality to our squad and we are all looking forward to him joining up with us in a few weeks. He has consistently produced top-quality performances at the highest level for a number of seasons now and we are all excited to see him integrate into the Arsenal squad. I’m sure all Arsenal supporters will join me in welcoming Alexis to our club.”

Sanchez said: “I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal, a club which has a great manager, a fantastic squad of players, huge support around the world and a great stadium in London. I’m looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to be playing for Arsenal in the Premier League and Champions League. I will give my best to Arsenal and want to make all the supporters happy.”

Sanchez travelled to London Colney on Thursday to complete his medical and will join up with his new team-mates at the end of July, after spending some time on holiday following the World Cup.

It is expected that Sanchez will make his first Arsenal appearance at the Emirates Cup, which takes place at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, August 2 and Sunday, August 3.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140710/alexis-sanchez-agrees-to-join-arsenal

20 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Rilwayne001: 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thank God.. grin

all of una don die for EPL

Qur'an 2:155 And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,

My FP dedicated to:
Malvisguy212
Francistony....grin grin

38 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Kaxmytex(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice one.....
D short man made it at last....

Congratulobia 2 all goonerz fanz

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by edi287: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice one wenger...now add debuchy, schiderlin, remy and a cb

11 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by eghos12(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
congrats asernal but wati o asernal signed their first player after 2 months + of season end. Take time aser wenger if u think say na oonly sanchex go give u league you talk lie. Big time

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by seunmsg(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
Great news for all arsenal fans, now we have a potent strike force that can contend for and win the EPL. #Sanchezsigns #upgunners

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by coded01: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
I hope he excel there! cool

Wait oh! Arsenal! shocked shocked shocked ---- Another trophyless season...grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by HAH: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Now we mean business next is Deburchy then khedira, then schneiderlin and that colombian goal keeper.

We will be going dor triple next season

Just imagine Ozil,walcott,wilshere,Ramsey,Sanchez,Ox, carzola, Giroud and that costarican Joel campbell

25 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by princechrming(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dear God of football, thank you! Wenger, thank you! The future looks bright for Arsenal! Gunners for life till we meet in heaven!

And to all the haters that would naturally wanna spit out gibberish, pls take a car, get a map ....drive to hell!!!

38 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by babarazy: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tank u Jesu.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by cashcity: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
makin sence

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by joeace2020(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
you guys will still be underdogs even if you sign messi+ronaldo+maradona+pele. i cant wait to laugh at you guys when sanchez begins to flop. His will be compared to torres of chelsea by seasons end

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Tval(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
coded01: I hope he excel there! cool

Wait oh! Arsenal! shocked shocked shocked ---- Another trophyless season...grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

U dey here dey Laff, una don almost sell una squad finish cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by DesChyko: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
World Cup Materials..
Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by kstyle2(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
congrats to asnal. I hope my darling man utd sign up vidal and maybe di maria...this season is going to be tough and I forsee livpol going back to where they belong-8th. man utd will be back so long as we get rid of cleverly, young, welbeck

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Iceman296: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
Beat that.

Please Sanchez, Be to Arsenal what Suarez was to Liverpool. COYG

11 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by jude33084(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
And my Mourinho is still signing midfielders angry

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by costandi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
If they go throphyless next season, then you know it's spiritual!

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by houstonia(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
Long Term contract, Long Term injury. Sorry but that's all I see. #TBjoshua's son

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Big4wig(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
Awesome

13 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Please apart from this, how will Suarez strengthen barca this season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by fredoooooo: 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
extra tyre ...
Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Guykhena(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good move by Arsenal,maybe now they could step up their game...
As Arsene Wenger(stingy man) could spend for this,that means there is hope for this world..

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Big4wig(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
joeace2020: you guys will still be underdogs even if you sign messi+ronaldo+maradona+pele. i cant wait to laugh at you guys when sanchez begins to flop. His will be compared to torres of chelsea by seasons end
i will soon start biting nairalanders so be watchful #smh

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by sulmeza(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
M no gunnar bt dat'l b one of d bst signing of d year...d guy's veri gd

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by ambrosini593(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Click like if you support this signing

25 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by coded01: 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tval:

U dey here dey Laff, una don almost sell una squad finish cheesy

So are we complaining! angry

As far as we are replacing them! grin tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by rozayx5(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
joeace2020: you guys will still be underdogs even if you sign messi+ronaldo+maradona+pele. i cant wait to laugh at you guys when sanchez begins to flop. His will be compared to torres of chelsea by seasons end

Another hater
I Wish him a successful career at. Arsenal
From a Barcelona fan cool

16 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by faithzy(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
lolz.....see grammar

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by Prowizy2(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nothing special about him. . undecided
Re: Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona by teddyflexz: 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
Gud 4 him. and gud 4 arsena as wel.. Chewin ma guguru undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Borussia Dortmund UCL (2 - 0) On 7th March 2023 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : Super Cup (2 - 3) On 12th January 2022 / Real Madrid vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 0) On 15th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.