Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? (19611 Views)

Normal Or Mini Laptop: Which One Is Better? / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best / Classmate Pc Vs. Olpc Cm1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Youngzedd(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tablet do weti?

It has been long I turn on my tablet.

Not for people like me that open up to 10 tabs at the same time with other programs running.

What am I doing with Tablet when I have 4.7 inch phone.

Don't ever compare Laptop to Tablet abi na capsule.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by passionate88: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Me no knw o... I never get ego sef to buy better phone na to dey discuss PC

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Ptoocool(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
toluxa1:

No, na syrup

https://www.nairaland.com/1806528/promo-price-ainol-ax3-quad

kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ now ah code, datz even easy to sip dan tablet capsule self..

2 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by bloglover(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
for me, laptop cannot be replaced with tablet
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Sibrah: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
LAPTOP WITH GOOD BATTERY ANY DAY. Tablet is toy for adults most times

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by tolu4you: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
As a web developer, laptop is the only way

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
damola1: Serve different purpose.

They do not, not Windows Tablets.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by toluxa1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ptoocool:

kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ now ah code, datz even easy to sip dan tablet capsule self..

LOL

https://www.nairaland.com/1806528/promo-price-ainol-ax3-quad
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
fattbabakay: #TeamLaptop ... Makes programming easy cheesy

You can program on Windows Tablets.....
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Reference(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198: Tablet PC is the way of the future
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Youngzedd(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
fattbabakay: Yes...but broke n!ggaz dnt knw cos dey dnt av it...

Correct.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Sibrah: LAPTOP WITH GOOD BATTERY ANY DAY. Tablet is toy for adults most times

So the Surface Pro 2/3 is a toy? The Lenovo Thinkpad Helix is a toy? The Asus T300 and Asus TX300 are toys? The Sony VAIO Duo 13 is a toy?

2 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Intel integrated GPUs are quickly catching up and some are as good as the AMD A10 Kaveri APU. Watch videos on the Intel Iris 5100 or the Intel Iris Pro 5200. Or would you like me to link a video here bro.

AFAIK Iris equipped systems are very expensive especially when you consider the kind of laptop hardware you can purchase with the amount. You can get FHD, dual Nvidia SLI equipped laptops which would perform far better than the alternative Iris equipped systems.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

AFAIK Iris equipped systems are very expensive especially when you consider the kind of laptop hardware you can purchase with the amount. You can get FHD, dual Nvidia SLI equipped laptops which would perform far better than the alternative Iris equipped systems.

Ummm well my bro that depends on where you buy from. If you have any friends abroad, they can get it cheap for you. But Intel Integrated Graphics have come a long way that 3D games these days are quite good, and Iris can be considered on the same level as a midrange GPU/Graphics Card.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Gbajabiamila1: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
If I cannot install GNS3, XAMPP, VMWARE on a tablet PC. Then, I think it's worthless. #My_Opinion
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by smartn09(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
I just discovered that those tablets pcs are made in naija & therefore replaced my order for China made.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by sexzskil(f): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
pls who knows how to install amazing spider man game on tablet? The guideline i saw on the net is too complicated.

Pc Tablet vs Laptop? I chose laptop for now,,, but i guessed it is becoming outdated, dis is 21st century mana. Very soon, tablets will be improved to be more sophisticated which may send Laptop into extinction, bet me!
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by NinoDeDios: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
miracle4: It can last up to 17 hours without any connection to power.

[[size=18pt]Continue Reading[/size]]

Is this real world usage or youre quoting from a manufacturers spec sheet? I can think of only one Lenovo android tablet that comes close to this claim but isnt anywhere near a laptop in terms of performance
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by abdulaz: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
my laptop serves all the purposes that made me own one in the first place, but when I'm not indoors, my android does the basic things I want, from surfing the web, checking my mails, chats and so on. Laptop is a heavy duty machine, it's just like comparing a DAF truck to that of DYNA.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Judolisco(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
I use both
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Maxivalue(m): 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
The two are very important gadget to have, But will go with Tablet. Portable and Convenient.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by chidooh1: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Laptop is very much ahead of tablet and proving to be solid to face everyday computing work, but tablet is gradually coming up. I spend more time with my tablet than laptop because tablet is sweeter and handy and has truly defined today's entertainment.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Ummm well my bro that depends on where you buy from. If you have any friends abroad, they can get it cheap for you. But Intel Integrated Graphics have come a long way that 3D games these days are quite good, and Iris can be considered on the same level as a midrange GPU/Graphics Card.

I just had a relative send me an AMD A10 based laptop at a very good deal which I shopped for online so I looked at very many configs. For the price ($499.99) I got my laptop I didn't see any equipped with Iris.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by GoodBoi1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
For serious work, get a laptop. Taplet pc's storage ain't much.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

I just had a relative send me an AMD A10 based laptop at a very good deal which I shopped for online so I looked at very many configs. For the price ($499.99) I got my laptop I didn't see any equipped with Iris.

I think that the Intel GIGABYTE BRIX GB-BXi7-4770R is about that price, but it's just a very portable computer without a monitor.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Djtm(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
sexzskil:
Pc Tablet vs Laptop? I choose laptop for now,,, but i guessed it is becoming outdated, dis is 21st century mana. Very soon, tablets will be improved to be more sophisticated which may send Laptop into extinction, bet me!
hahaha, laptops are not going anywhere soon. I agree that tablets will get better with time but heck, they won't even replave desktops.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by napema(f): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Laptops are the best
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

I think that the Intel GIGABYTE BRIX GB-BXi7-4770R is about that price, but it's just a very portable computer without a monitor.

Yeah I saw a lot of those but I wanted a laptop or an ultralight. The HP envy15 touchsmart I got was the best compromise at that price point.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by ehisdan(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dnt have any so i arn't making choice nor condemning
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Noneroone(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
Its like comparing a luxury bus with a coaster bus. Laptop all the way.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

Yeah I saw a lot of those but I wanted a laptop or an ultralight. The HP envy15 touchsmart I got was the best compromise at that price point.

Same here, I honestly think that Windows Tablets with Core i5 and Core i7 are the way to go. In 2015, The 2 in 1 devices will even be better. They will be on the next gen Broadwell CPUs all with Iris Graphics. I think you will be quite satisfied with what they can do. Even right now I love having a device that serves as both a Laptop and a Tablet at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference / Cyberklock Free Browsing / ORIGINAL Iphone Battery (NOW AVAILABLE! 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, 7, 7s...)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.