Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? (16749 Views)

Breathtaking Pictorial Representation Of Yoruba Orishas (deities) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2014
Jamean:

The dude is right, learn to respect people's opinion 'cause they are entitled to it.

Pls don't be a religious extremist engulfed with the 'Aza Bilivoh Syndrome'

As a believer #Aza bilivoh Syndrome# is when you rub christian religion, your knowledge of God or faith into everything you do or say irrespective of the subject.

When you do this 'Aza bilivoh' thing, you loose many chances of winning people to Christ 'cause you don't come down to their level, relate and connect with them.
You make it seem like you know and trust God more than other people.

Bilivoh's should watch against acting this way, it is 'Self-righteousness'.
are u done talking?
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by clemz85(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2014
adekayo1234: how did this make FP?

End 20 9 13 5 things

on point code

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by clemz85(m): 11:28am On Jul 15, 2014
messpero90: are u done talking?

you sounds like you know more or better, ok let's hear you

2 Likes

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by felifeli: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2014
I am sorry to say that even as a full-blood Yoruba person my belief is that you guys are just making things up in your heads as you go along. My opinion ; Please respect. Thanks
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Generalkorex(m): 11:34am On Jul 15, 2014
passing by
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

I agree. amor4ace topics on Traditional Religion should neve be encouraged and allowed on frontpage. angry

The guy is clearly trying to equate Yoruba religion with abrahamic concepts.

amor4ace is a christian agent in disguise.

Orishas are GODS not humans.

There is no floods and the first humans were not created in this manner.

Evolution occured and Creation myths are meant to explain the beginings of a tribe only.

These are stories not to be taken literally.

Next Thread.

Is that all the flaws you find in the OP? I can say everything he wrote there is crap.

I dont even know where to start from. . . .

Is it where he claimed that Eledumare created females (enibieni or nibinibi) which is contradictory to th original account which said Obatala made human. Where he gets his sexual exclusion of Eledumare specially creating females is unknown.

Do I need to emphasis on the misconstrution of Irunmole? Irunmole is derieved from Irun (400) + Imole (primodial forces that made and manifest in the physical plain). Irunmole there for mean the 400 primodial forces that firstly manifested on earth. . . .I still dont know how natural forces turn out to become a human. Irunmole were never Human. Human can only become Egungun as we lack the Iwa-pele that can make us attain the level of Imole. The mistake he made on the other hand is translation of Imole (divine forces) and Imole (brightness) which he misplaced. Imole as a term is commonly used for Ogun, Osoosi and Eshu. Where he get his human-mole is yet to tbe known.

Again he said Eniyan is the same thing as Iwa (character). I was expecting to see Suuru (patience) the father of Iwa (charater) should be also human. Allegorical misconception surfacing here.

When the Orisha were coming from Ajule Orun, they meant water here on earth. Maybe this is what he took as flood. I cant really say. . . .but it is not making any sense. There was no worldwide flood in Yoruba account.

So much there are lot of errors on this thread, I dont like something of this nature coming to the front page. Lot of folks here are brainwashed, all they would do is troll without contributing sense on the thread.

As for the errors, if we take it to the vatican bank, the OP would be rich ma9

6 Likes

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by JonesK: 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE: The moderator that moved this thread to front page is not doing anything good.

The mod just ruined a very promising thread. Clap for yourself mod.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by iriskiki(f): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ptoocool: kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ over to those wey dey form herbalist on ÑL..

Yea, ah don dey see una already.…
grin

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by iriskiki(f): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
experimentist: Another dumb azz question on front again!

Shebi na Zeus wey born hades. Who come born hercules? Hercules and Sango na the same mama the same papa.. Na after dem come born jesus the white.. All of them na product of pre marital sex.. The story too long I dey come meh I finish it

Lol....hahahahahahahah...Nigerians no dey fail oooooooo... grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by iriskiki(f): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

I agree. amor4ace topics on Traditional Religion should neve be encouraged and allowed on frontpage. angry

Evolution occured and Creation myths are meant to explain the beginings of a tribe only.

Next Thread.

Abeg let them write jor. It's an interesting read... cool
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
clemz85:

you sounds like you know more or better, ok let's hear you
i wont say anytin bcaus ure entitle to ur opinion right?
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jamean:

I typed, I didn't talk. You may need to look up a Lexis text.
Pls, who has one?
mcheew abegi jor. Enta corner.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by MightySparrow: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nonsense,
Osewa please create another section for clowns.
The whole thread is nonsensical.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by macof(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
messpero90: you re lucky dat Jesus came and abolish d law of moses, if nt u would have stoned to death for blasphemy.

1. The law of moses was never abolished.It's still practised by his people

2. The law of Moses was never practised in Africa

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Ayatullah(m): 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
If Irunmoles can incarnate to orishas, of what use is that to saving your soul from the ETERNAL BLAZE? Save your soul today, by picking up the Quran in whatever language you understand.

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
macof:

1. The law of moses was never abolished.It's still practised by his people

2. The law of Moses was never practised in Africa

do u want to start a fight with me?
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by 2prexios: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
Davo93: Sorry, do you know where online that i can get that book? Ireke Onibudo and Igbo Olodunmare

I'm not quite sure one can get it online.

The last time I needed Fagunwa's books, I went to Spectrum books Plc.
You can get the four classics there, it's opposite Eleganza plaza at Ikeja.

You can access the company through Alausa or Motorway, Ikeja, Lagos.

the book is one of the ways to relive nostalgic feelings of childhood.
Can't forget that a friend always read it to me as I listen as a boy.

Welcome.

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by macof(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Next Thread.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this about the OP.

Many of them actually...it's just a joy watching and reading cheesy
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by uzoexcel(m): 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
interesting thread...we learn everyday
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by 2prexios: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Somewhere up there we come about the luminary.

Who was the luminary of Yoruba history? Well in the past, I spoke of "ayinike and ayinipada". Maybe we would get to that in time to come. I promised Starflux that in the old nairaland. But of a truth, this concept permeate the Yoruba history a lot. The ancestors not only employed preciosity, they created words as alternatives for each one they coin.

The reason? So that 'the decryptor' will confirm his work with other alternatives that abound in the historical vocabulary. So when the Yoruba says Agba letu, omode L'awo, they were invariably saying that as we grow up, we get to decode or untie some knotty words, but as kids, these are 'awo', words-set shrouded in mystery. We are such adults now.

Our fathers before us have great challenges breaking the same wordset. It got them mesmerized. But they have a way around it. Now Ijesha oridi Isana is one of such wordset. Our fathers went for ayinipada "ile ni won tii muna roko". Sorry, its a lie. Thats not what that sentence mean to say. I do not enjoy being wistleblower on the fathers mistake.

Ijesha oridi Isana simply means (Ijesha) Oridi Braided Head, Isana: luminary. The matriarch was a sex symbol to her generation, but our father got the information about her confused, thinking their fathers before them were saying Ijesha did not get to the root of making fire.

Eni ti koye,
won mi gbodi itan.
Erelu Ile lo sewa si,

Iya onitanna
To j'oye kalu d'owa
Koto waje aromire Ake.

Salute to you the luminary, the sparkling woman. the matriarch of Yoruba race. the Queen regent, my ancestor. I love you old mama, Ajibola abeni Olotufe, Eye rere tii waje fawo. To some you are seen as an evil woman, but you are my ancestor, Olokiki Oru. The fame of nightfall.

..............................................................................................
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by amor4ce(m): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
PAGAN 9JA and macof, I never made reference to any abrahamic concept in my original post which is basically about reincarnation that is vehemently denied by the abrahamic religions. It is because of your irrational bias that you keep accusing me of such. The story global flood is mentioned in Ifa and was not brought to us by the abrahamic missionaries. I hope you are aware that other non-abrahamic peoples also know of this flood.
FOLYKAZE, go and ask any competent babalawo about Eni-bi-eni. How do you think matriarchal societies came about? The link in my original post is of THE CREATION STORY as narrated by the Chairman, Ethics and Scriptures, International Council for Ifa Religion. Why don't you contact him instead and tell him that he doesn't know what he is doing. I also hope you are aware that apart from the 801 irunmoles there are higher irunmoles. I also never mentioned that Eniyan is the same "thing" as Iwa but that they are appellations of the same person. Even those who practice Lucumi and Santeria know this very well.

1 Like

Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Davo93(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
2prexios:

I'm not quite sure one can get it online.

The last time I needed Fagunwa's books, I went to Spectrum books Plc.
You can get the four classics there, it's opposite Eleganza plaza at Ikeja.

You can access the company through Alausa or Motorway, Ikeja, Lagos.

the book is one of the ways to relive nostalgic feelings of childhood.
Can't forget that a friend always read it to me as I listen as a boy.

Welcome.
Oh... thank you. Unfortunately, i am not in Lagos.

We had almost thesame experience. When I was in primary school, i use to have one smart teacher then that will tell us to contribute money together to buy Coke and biscuit for him so that he can read those novels to us. It was a daily routine then and we find it so interesting then that many of us would prefer to use our money for food during the break to buy Coke for Uncle Niyi, just for him to read a chapter of the book to us daily.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by 2prexios: 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Davo93: Oh... thank you. Unfortunately, i am not in Lagos.

We had almost thesame experience. When I was in primary school, i use to have one smart teacher then that will tell us to contribute money together to buy Coke and biscuit for him so that he can read those novels to us. It was a daily routine then and we find it so interesting then that many of us would prefer to use our money for food during the break to buy Coke for Uncle Niyi, just for him to read a chapter of the book to us daily.

thats wonderful, childhood is part of our most treasured memory, I wish I can be a kid again, but its impossible. Where are you if I may help you? I can ring some friends to parcel the books to you, it should be around 500naira or so, then DHL or EMS Speedpost or Nipost.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Davo93(m): 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
2prexios:

thats wonderful, childhood is part of our most treasured memory, I wish I can be a kid again, but its impossible. Where are you if I may help you? I can ring some friends to parcel the books to you, it should be around 500naira or so, then DHL or EMS Speedpost or Nipost.
You are very right. I just sent you DM now.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by macof(m): 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
amor4ce: PAGAN 9JA and macof, I never made reference to any abrahamic concept in my original post which is basically about reincarnation that is vehemently denied by the abrahamic religions. It is because of your irrational bias that you keep accusing me of such. The story global flood is mentioned in Ifa and was not brought to us by the abrahamic missionaries. I hope you are aware that other non-abrahamic peoples also know of this flood.
FOLYKAZE, go and ask any competent babalawo about Eni-bi-eni. How do you think matriarchal societies came about? The link in my original post is of THE CREATION STORY as narrated by the Chairman, Ethics and Scriptures, International Council for Ifa Religion. Why don't you contact him instead and tell him that he doesn't know what he is doing. I also hope you are aware that apart from the 801 irunmoles there are higher irunmoles. I also never mentioned that Eniyan is the same "thing" as Iwa but that they are appellations of the same person. Even those who practice Lucumi and Santeria know this very well.

Am nt even taking about this thread but ur general appeal to people. Your blog for instance, is all about trying to fit Yoruba into the Bible, or fit the Bible into Yoruba

You know what I mean
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
messpero90: listen and listen very good u evil doer,"we are in d last days when jesus might show up any moment from now,things re going wrong,more souls re cast into hell daily,"yet d best u can do is to add salt to dis social injury by asking some useless question dat will make soul start believing in dieties where as its d devil dat is operating. Pls dnt wash ur dirty laundry in public next time.GO TO HELL ALONE.
who told u christianity is d best religion,not another to everyman his portion so try minimize ur Zealousness.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
messpero90: you re lucky dat Jesus came and abolish d law of moses, if nt u would have stoned to death for blasphemy.
and u are christ like?
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ayatullah: If Irunmoles can incarnate to orishas, of what use is that to saving your soul from the ETERNAL BLAZE? Save your soul today, by picking up the Quran in whatever language you understand.
what u just wrote is why people always pick on muslims,u don't$cant respect others choice?
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 16, 2014
tuffgongjo: who told u christianity is d best religion,not another to everyman his portion so try minimize ur Zealousness.
christianity is not even a religion.
Re: Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 16, 2014
Jamean:

se aye wa l'odo e...jen kin wa n be
*yinmu
speak in english if u know u suck ur mama's breast. Or re afraid of me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife / Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / Oba Gbadewolu Ogedengbe Fagbohun Is Dead: Father Of LASU VC Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.