Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) (52219 Views)

Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / PANIC In Liberia As 2 EBOLA Victims Rise From Dead!! / Why Do People Run From Dead People Who Come Back To Life And Even Mad People... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by dridowu: 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Superstitious Romanians have been packing out local churches after a local woman claimed the ghost of her dead grandmother had taken over her mobile phone and used it to send a "selfie" from the other side.

Petrified Gina Mihai, 34, said: "When I switched the phone on I was horrified to see my dead grandmother's face. She had what looked like a snake around her neck, and the whole image looked as if it had been taken through a hole, like it was shot through a tear in the fabric that separates the living from the dead.

"I took it to a fortune teller who told me that my grandmother was sending me a message from the other side, the snake around her neck was a symbol of the fact that she was being punished in the other life for some sin. By contacting us she was telling us that if we were to pray for her, we would still be able to save her soul."

But now not just Gina and her family had been spending overtime in the local church in Scurtesti in south eastern Romania, but also dozens of other families terrified about the implications of a snake wrapped ghost sending a message from the other side.

In Romania once a year there is a feast, the Service of Alms, in which Romanians travel to the local graveyard and hand over food as a gesture to the spirits in the afterlife. The food itself is in reality handed over to the poor at the end of the day, but the gesture is seen as providing nourishment for those who have passed on in the afterlife.

Gina said: "My grandmother died three years ago and I haven't taken any food for her to the graveyard. I was making doughnuts at the time and didn't want to get the phone dirty so I put it in my pocket, and when I took it out there was the image on the phone. The fortune teller told me that was a mistake not to have paid tribute to her with an offering of food, and it was significant that she contacted me while I was cooking. I have taken doughnuts to the cemetery every day since then."

Florica Mihai, 45, another relative, said: "The village priest told me that we need to do 40 Days of Alms to make up for those that we missed and we are doing it now. We want to help her soul to be saved."

SAUCE

2 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Smartsyn(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
If I believe this story, make i quench.

adonbilivit even with pictures

selfie ko, groupie ni.

168 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by dridowu: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2014
Smartsyn: If I believe this story, make i quench.

selfie ko, groupie ni.
honestly ds pple always take odas as mumu, dy go just fabricate zobo and co dy yarn rubbish

24 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Smartsyn(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2014
dridowu: honestly ds pple always take odas as mumu, dy go just fabricate zobo and co dy yarn rubbish
Don't mind them, the fact that people were vacating the community to the church because of this story speaks volume of how inept their brains are.

10 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by harlos: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
undecidedundecided
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by EnterPRO: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
dis one don pass wa oh !

even with pictures, its still hard to believe.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
**SMH**
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by RichDad1(m): 6:52am On Jul 13, 2014
The tittle should be "Sent from heaven".

12 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by RichDad1(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2014
Seun plz remove the 1 appended to my username now otherwise....^^^^

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Proffdada: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2014
Now i know where my freehand sketch ended up

10 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Proffdada: Now i know where my freehand sketch ended up
Interesting, tell us how, explain further.
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Proffdada: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
chidyhels: Interesting, tell us how, explain further.
i sent my sketch to a random number grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by AMAKAVIOLA: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2014
blatant lie!!!
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by justi4jesu(f): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2014
Smartsyn: If I believe this story, make i quench.

selfie ko, groupie ni.

lwkmd

3 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by ultrazone(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2014
Am I expected to believe this?
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nihilist: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Not suprising...

Last night my grandfather tweeted a picture of himself and two fine babes in Brazil with the caption 'Live from the Maracana'

He's been dead for 20 years....

The funny thing is that my grandmother saw the tweet and immediately un-followed him

And she's been dead for 2 years undecided

122 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Hardeywerlay(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2014
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Lastdon02(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
Ok what next?
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
Shabi una dey always say, 'pic or idontbiliv' now them put pic 4 una, una no still believe, who can satisfy human? I dunno o

22 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
And this made FP! Mtcheewwww

1 Like

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by OmichaelO: 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
loool

1 Like

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by decode55(m): 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 14, 2014
But I have heard a case of a dead girl appearing in group pics taken by her friends during her wake keep here in naija.I saw the pics.
What About stories about people coming back to life after bring buried and living!!!

8 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by BRAV0O(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Ayaf er! cheesy
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by experimentist: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Which kain nonsense talk be dis now! And even come dey front page sef..
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Utibeokodi: [img]http://www.?aff=391[/img] [img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=592[/img] [img]http://instaforex.com?x=HOXF[/img] [img]http://onlinenaira.com/?rid=utibeokodi[/img]
[img]http://www.bluehost.com/track/utibeokodi[/img]
Na wa oo

Bros no vex o.Up till na,the hospital management never still catch you

Abeg na only me dey notice this guy?

5 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by afribookorg(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Do u agree wit him? grin

5 Likes

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by dedons: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
...so wetin we dey watch for Nollywood no be lie...

Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Neroanna(f): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Lol. Rubbish!!!
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
lynpetra: But I have heard a case of a dead girl appearing in group pics taken by her friends during her wake keep here in naija.I saw the pics.
What About stories about people coming back to life after bring buried and living!!!
shocked shocked
Re: Woman Receives Selfie From Dead Grandmother (IMAGES) by Lifebender(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
My pikin,when i die,abeg bury mii with my cellphone as dem don dey use fone for afterlife so i fit call u and tell you all my needs.
As part of it,u'll be bringing money to my grave,foodstuff,i dnt knw if gas cooker is allowed,but fire wood will be fine.No worry about moto,after lyf product'll be fine...U knw say i like palmie wella now...and ocassionally i'll be sending some selfie's from the world beyond.Bikonu no forget ooo...Oyinbo don dey colonize dem for there

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Poses With Huge Python And Hyena In Kaduna State (Photos) / See The Big Snake Kill On My Site. / Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.