Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah (52345 Views)

Finally, Those Responsible For Bloodletting In Nigeria Revealed / Miyetti Allah Alarmed Over Rejection Of Cattle Ranch In Igboland / Https://amp.pulse.ng/news/local/miyetti-allah-says-plateau-killings-revenge-for- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by OrientDailyNews: 11:46am On Mar 01, 2019
By Olisemeka Obeche

The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has warned farmers and youths in local communities across the south east against attacks and killing of Fulani herdsmen and their cows.   

The chairman of MACBAN in Anambra, Alhaji Sadiq Gidado who fired the warning shot in an exclusive interview with the Orient Weekend while reacting to the recent farmers/herders’ crisis in Anambra West local government area of Anambra state, stressed that its members would not withstand further unprovoked killings in their line of duty.

“The Fulanis are not people you can push to the wall. I know how I am managing these herdsmen and I pray that the kind of killings that is taking place in other parts of the country will not happen in South East. They should stop confronting and killing these Fulanis without reason. There is a level it would reach and I may not be able to control them anymore.

This paper earlier reported that tension rose last weekend in Mmiata Anam community following speculations that heavily armed herdsmen arrived the area to carry out reprisal attacks following a recent clash involving farmers and herders.  

But Gidado traced the latest conflict to the killing of four herdsmen in the area between since the beginning of the year without tangible evidence of destruction of crops. "The genesis of this current clash was that on January 2, 2019, two Fulani herdsmen were killed at Mmiata Anam and nobody knows what really led to that, except that it was alleged that somebody was wounded inside a farm in the area and youths in the area mobilised themselves and went on rampage.

“Three people were arrested in respect of that matter and we thought everything was under control. But again, on February 22, the traditional ruler of the community called me and informed me that a farmer was killed in the area and they were suspecting Fulani herdsmen for the crime. And I quickly assured him that if Fulani people were behind it, I would get them arrested to face justice. But residents of the area mobilised themselves and killed two Fulani. Up till now, the corpse of the two Fulani are nowhere to be found.

The MACABAN leader further disclosed that the recent land tussle between the Igbo-speaking and Igala-speaking communities in the area was also fuelling the crisis. “Actually, it’s not only Fulani herdsmen and farmers clashes that we are witnessing in Anambra West. There is equally the land dispute between the Igbo-speaking and Igala-speaking communities in the area which is creating a sort of confusion.

According to him, there was usually no proper investigation to ascertain whether it was a Fulani man or Igala that wounded the farmer and what they did was that they went and killed Fulani people. “To me, that was wrong because if Fulani are fighting, you can never kill them like that. The truth is that I know the way I control my people, especially those operating in Anambra West, to ensure that there is peace. I try to tell them to avoid getting into trouble and even when some people are trying to confront them, they should just leave the area and that’s what they are doing.

Gidado disclosed that MACABAN was working in synergy with the security operatives, the indigenes and the state government through the Cattle Menace Control Committee and that those whose farms were damaged by cattle should channel their complaints through the body rather than resorting to violent attacks on its members. “To ensure that they operate peacefully, I ordered that nobody should carry weapons. If they were armed, they would not be easily killed like that. And that is because we have a properly constituted peace committee in Anambra West and another committee in Awka that investigates and addresses issues relating to farmers/herdsmen conflicts.

“So far, none of the committees has received reports from these communities that their farms or crops were destroyed by Fulani herdsmen. But, even if farms were destroyed, I believe we have to follow it legally and not through bloodshed. So, I condemn this act and I want to use this opportunity to appeal to the people of these communities to approach this matter legally.

Meanwhile, efforts to get the official response of the Anambra state police command on the matter was not successful as messages sent to the state public relations officer, Haruna Mohammed, were not replied as at press time.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/dont-herdsmen-bloodletting-igboland-macaban/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Jessyjack(f): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2019
these people have been given another four years to boast and unleash mayhem on innocent villagers because they have a solid Rock behind them.......

411 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by nrexzy: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2019
Touch my cOw I come for ur linage

23 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Nonsense

undecided

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Herdsmen: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
HMmmm

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Una father don win now so una fit start to make mouth and give threat. I am from agatu and my people shamelessly voted for buhari even after what they did to my people. I just pray fulani kills anyone from agatu again and someone calls me from home na swear I go swear for am. Una fit threaten Lily livered agatus but I am sure you can't do that with the ibos. You go kill them but they would never run from you but face you head on and fight you to the end.

419 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Sirheny007(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
It's going to be a very rough 4 years..
And of course they have the official backing of the presidency.

BUT PLEASE, LET THEM STAY OFF IGBOLAND!

279 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by DMerciful(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
I do not blame them! We should have come out enmmasse to vote

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by DAntivirus: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
We are in this together... Especially the idiots who voted them in...

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Haymaykar(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Is like these one is mad...let them try Igbo...na their village we go go burn finish....Igbo kwenu

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Guyman02: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Igbos do business in the North without destroying or killing Fulanis, while Fulanis do business in the South East and readily go on rampage destroying lives and property.
Despite all that Buhari did he didnt win in the South East and Fulanis cannot scare Igbos, so mutual respect is expected from each party. No your boundary and dont cross it.

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by eagleeye2: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
The owners of Nigeria have spoken. See threat Sha?
Abeg make una no carry this nonsense come Aba Sha..... Because the thing no go funny. If you bend down well you go see Aba.
Umu Igbo, muru anya

185 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Pabloosas(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
shocked
Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Chukwurah003: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
I don’t know why My Southeast people are spreading hate just because Buhari won. It is totally un-called for.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by ngadaAwo: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
grin

now this is a bold statement

but please start from the drunk ibiano village aguleri cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by dunkem21(m): 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
Try and see.. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Rossididdy(f): 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
Thunder fire Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by OMG1: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
There's no where in Igbo land that any Fulani herdman has been killed. Stop trying to cook lies

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
Can you imagine this useless killers. I don't blame you cos you have a backbone in the Villa

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Lordofthewest(m): 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
These yeebows want to start looking trouble now, buhari won e pain everybody deal with it and move on and stop stoking tribal conflict.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by EmekaBlue(m): 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
waka

so ur cows can eat crops anywhere they like abi...like u gave people money to do hard farming

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by ngadaAwo: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
[s]
Chukwurah003:
I don’t know why My Southeast people are spreading hate just because Buhari won. It is totally un-called for.
[/s]
yeroba Muslim forming igbo

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by dubbiskelly(m): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ogbunigwe 5.0 loading

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by dunkem21(m): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Sharap.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Acheron: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
And the threats are back. Their oga don win na. Welcome to the next level of impunity and total disregard for rule of law.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by nero2face: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
Lol, now that Buhari has won his election, anybody that tries nonsense will be terribly dealt with... Lemme come and be going

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
They want to start killing Igbos because they didn't vote for their Dullard?

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by haladadon: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
gringrin
Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by whirlwind7(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Doesn't sound good.

This is ominous.
Just hoping no further skirmishes happen around there, else the death toll is gonna be horrid.

Tensions from the presidential election is still in the air.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Esomchi800(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
What are you saying? Please Whats the total cost to enter Canada again Dis country is finished

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by nijabazaar: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Assholeans Miyetti

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Push Herdsmen Into Bloodletting In Igboland - Miyetti Allah by Ebbunwa(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Atakwaranu m unu

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) / 15 Meme Guys That Live Extravagant Lifestyle Can Relate To / The Snake I Killed At The Entrance Of My Sitting Room. Can You Identify It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.