Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,878 members, 7,956,316 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:49 AM

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. (22818 Views)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by isisnofret: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nigerian Pators have make a new bible!!!!!!!!!!!!

they put from the old all what has to do with tithing to the new covenant!!!!!!!!!!!!

all that they can take money from their poor folowers in the name of tithing, first fruit, sed sowing, thanking God for a healthy baby, praying for their followers....................that they can make miracles,all in the name of christianity that they can fill their pockets.

Just see photos from the birthday party from a nigerian pastor, why this pastor cannot tell his followers i don't want a birthday gift from you please give this money to an orphanage or a home for old people or a child who needs help that she can get a operation outside the country.........

That would show a real christian pastor but I never hear this from one of this rich pastors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by deen4real7902: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Femi Aribisala

As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus.  Neither is it even in the New Testament. 

That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).

This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays.  However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23).  Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5).  It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19).  Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.

Latter-day Pharisees

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today.  If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law.  James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10).  Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork.  We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.

Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated the law.  Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson.  However, such arguments are disingenuous.

Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment.  Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime.  When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war.  He gave ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem.  But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety percent) to the king of Sodom.

For his part, Jacob also tithed only once.  He did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God.  And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis 28:20-22).  This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any serious believer.

Lies upon lies

The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.”  But the bible says no such thing.  The storehouse of Malachi was not a church.  It was a place where food was kept.

Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as tithe.  The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32).  That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10).  He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.”  The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.

Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe.  The principles of tithing were not laid down by Malachi.  They were laid down by Moses.  The study of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting pastors today.

According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations.  The first year, it was given to the Levite.  The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor.  The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 14:22-28).  In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and therefore no tithing.

So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the seventh-year reprieve.  Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church.  Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your money he is after.

Inapplicability of tithes

Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel.  When large populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these lands became tithe-able lands.  However, tithes were not acceptable from strictly Gentile lands.  So you need to ask your pastor how come he is collecting tithes in Nigeria.

Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them.  Since only agricultural and animal resources were included, a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries.  Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations.  So if you are not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically inapplicable to you.

Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5).  So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens to be a Jew.  Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.

The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.”  If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite.  Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property.  Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel.  Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites.

Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites?  If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New Testament have no business doing so.

The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by revelationuche: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
Emphatic yes!! Dey eat God part of d contract and yet flout his commandments anyhow.Wicked generation [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by mcfarlin(m): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Godside:

Hello bro , i believe YOu are a church of christ member , am i wrong ?
I totally believe he is and am happy he is my brother.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by temisukanmi(f): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
paying tithe is a commandment from God.. so I'll advice you pay ur TITHE so dat finz wudnt be TIGHT for u! !! Free advice, take it or leave it.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by shikshark: 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Seun.....please be quick about this dislike button. we need it urgently
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by isisnofret: 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
temisukanmi: paying tithe is a commandment from God.. so I'll advice you pay ur TITHE so dat finz wudnt be TIGHT for u! !! Free advice, take it or leave it.

please tell me where in the bible you read it that it is a commandment from God that a christian has to tithe?

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by cagunwa(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
advocate666: Maybe we should sell god some anti-burglary alarm so can stop whinning about being robbed. Omnipotent my assss.
I can see you are tired of life. I pray God have mercy upon your damned soul.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Inova(m): 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
goldfish80: The concept of criminalizing non tithers is fallacy upon fallacy.

When you look around, there's a neighbor whose kids wear torn school uniforms to school which costs less than 5k,there's a colleague in the office who didn't go to lunch because he's broke. Do you even know your cleaners child balanced diet is flat pap, morning afternoon, night? Have you even bought her baby milk?Your gateman can't even afford N30 to buy lux to take his bath in the morning. The girl that sells recharge card to you everyday, do you even know her name? People should learn to show love on daily basis to those around them. 

Sitting in an air conditioned office, Punching expensive phones giving your pastor 10% of your income or going to buy expensive gifts for your pastor who already has more than enough does not represent God' love. 

you are a gift to this world. people like you are rear...... Please keep it up

7 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by okotv(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
frosbel:

fa fa fa foul !!!

Christians are not commanded to pay any Tithe.

cool
...Malachi 3:10....and if you dont believe its up to you afterall everyone would be judged personally and not on your believe
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by okotv(m): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
by the way all this frivolous living on tithes by pastors doesnt make tithing wrong and am sure my pastor cant do that
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Atmosfear: 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
okotv: by the way all this frivolous living on tithes by pastors doesnt make tithing wrong and am sure my pastor cant do that

Tithing Bananas

on May 05, 2013 / in Article of Faith 12:46 am / Comments

By Femi Aribisala
According to the scriptures, money is not acceptable as tithe; it has to be food-crops or livestock.

As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).

This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.

Latter-day Pharisees

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today. If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.

Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated the law. Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.

Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety percent) to the king of Sodom.

For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis 28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any serious believer.

Lies upon lies

The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But the bible says no such thing. The storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a place where food was kept.

Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as tithe. The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.

Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe. The principles of tithing were not laid down by Malachi. They were laid down by Moses. The study of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting pastors today.

According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 14:22-28). In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and therefore no tithing.

So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church. Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your money he is after.

Inapplicability of tithes

Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel. When large populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So you need to ask your pastor how come he is collecting tithes in Nigeria.

Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural and animal resources were included, a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations. So if you are not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically inapplicable to you.

Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.

The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites.

Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New Testament have no business doing so.

The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/tithing-bananas/#sthash.3vHLtluq.dpuf

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:29am On Jul 14, 2014
okotv: ...Malachi 3:10....and if you dont believe its up to you afterall everyone would be judged personally and not on your believe
Malachi 3:10 was not a command for Christians to tithe. It was to the Israelites.

Malachi 1:1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel [/b]by Malachi.

[b]Malachi 1:6
A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

Malachi 2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

Malachi 3:6 [/b]For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore [b]ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The command for Israel to tithe was never given to the Gentile Churches. How can I say this? Because the Bible assures me that it is truth.

Psalms 147:19-20 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel. He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

God did not give His statutes to any other nation than Israel. They were for Israel, and Israel alone.

And in AD 35, the Gentiles were still not commanded to keep the Law of Moses.

Acts 15:23-29 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Now, if one does some diligent searching, one may find the command to tithe here:

Shebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the Church, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the flock according to the law enacted by the Roman Catholic Church in AD 777.

Of course, Shebrews is not a canonical book, so we can dismiss that.

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Tunagee(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2014
EvilBrain1: If god wants money, he should get a job just like everybody else.

Antichrist person! You better give ur life to Christ or u rot in hell
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by godsI(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Thisdays we have crooks for church leaders, why do they make reference to Malachi alone when the isue of tithe comes up? Go to Numbers and see how tithe is surposed to be, but these hypocrites try to compel their congregation by psychological force and scriptural manipulations, if a pastor or priest or whatever, is found to possess any personal property, such a man is not entitled to any form of tithe. Tithe(to the Levites, Foreigners and Widows ) is surposed to be paid once in three years(therefore: dividing your daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly ten percent by three). Once in a year(or ten percent in a year, month, week, or day) tithe is meant for you or your family consumption. So any pastor who own properties( infrastructures or assets) is not qualified to receive tithes, and tithes must be equally shared(not to be handed as a privileged gift from a pastor or priests) between widows, orphans, widower, and foreigners(who are in need of course). Enough of this 'Ecclesiastical subversion and manipulations'.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Adindupeter: 7:24am On Jul 14, 2014
My thought on tithing
Tithing is very necessary to keep the ministry
running. This said, I will never listen to anyone
who comes to tell me that I steal from God if I
don't tithe. Tithing was a law in the OT simply
because they lived under the law in the absence
of the Holy Spirit. Since Jesus came, died,
resurrected, and gave us the third arm of trinity,
the Holy Spirit as our teacher, we are asked in
2Corinthians9:7 to give as the spirit leads. I give
whenever and whatever the Spirit asks me to
give and I get blessed. If the only condition for
you to get blessed is by tithing, I'm sorry, you
are one of those making the death of Jesus Christ
in vain. I give to support the ministry but I must
not be blackmailed with that "robbing God".
New Testament giving is Spirit guided giving.
Pray and ask the Lord what, when, and where to
give, and be open to the possibility that He does
not want you to give anything at all. Remember
giving nothing is a valid decision if you are
obeying the Lord. After praying decide in your
heart what you will do and then follow through.
What to give? Does it have to be money?
Certainly money is the focus of many Pastors
these days, but there is no Biblical evidence that
gifts have to be money. Your time, other
possessions, gifts you buy, gifts you make, the
use of something you own, all these things and
more are valid gifts. But remember that for most
money is a conversion of their labor, in a way
giving your money is a transference of labor, you
can work for the Lord while at your day job!
Brilliant! In the end follow the Lord's direction on
what to give.
When to give? When ever you feel it is right to do
so. Each week? Each month or year? Sure any of
those are fine, or maybe just whenever the Holy
Spirit prompts you. It's up to you to decide. But
please do remember your responsibilities to your
family first, don't let your children starve. Some
loony Pastors actually push people to give to
their church before worrying about their family,
but the Bible says, "Give the people these
instructions, too, so that no one may be open to
blame. If anyone does not provide for his
relatives, and especially for his immediate family,
he has denied the faith and is worse than an
unbeliever." - 1 Timothy 7-8
Whatever you do, tithing or no tithing, the most
important thing is for you to give to support
God's work. Jesus has delivered you from the
curse of the law, let no one place you under that
curse. Even during baby dedication these days,
they want you to bring money and frown when
you bring the right things-something with life in
it.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Amos 3:3 asks the question, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?".

An interesting question indeed. A question today could be asked why so many who claim to be walking with God disagree with His Word? Are they truly walking with God?

God said in Leviticus 27:30-33 that His holy tithe is agricultural. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Numbers 18:21,24,26,28 that He gave His tithe to the Levitic tribe of the children of Israel. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Deuteronomy 14:22-27 that a second tithe was to be taken to a Jewish Feast and eaten by the tither before the LORD God. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Deuteronomy 14:28-29 that a third tithe was to be given every three years to feed the widows, the orphans, the Levites and foreigners in Israel. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Nehemiah 10:37-38 that the firstfruits were to be taken to the Temple storehouse in Jerusalem, and the tithes were to be taken to the Levites. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Psalm 147:19-20 that His statutes and judgments were given to Israel and Israel alone. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God's Word tells us in Acts 15:10 that it is tempting God to tell Gentile Believers that they are to keep the Mosaic Law. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

In the last chapter that tithing is mentioned in God's Holy Word, we are told that the commanded tithe is the same agricultural tithe commanded in the Penteteuch more than 1500 years earlier. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

Are you in agreement and walking with God? or have you rejected His decree and chosen your own path?

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Demainman1: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2014
TITHERS are gamblers. They worship the 'KALOKALO' god.

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Betboss(m): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2014
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want.
The Lord God Almighty is eternal and needs not your money.
you succeed by His grace. the federal govt. of Nigeria and govt. Africa as a whole is not doing enough to take care of her citizens. so people turn to being over religious a worship religion..
Jesus Christ is love!
Jesus is Christianity!
Jesus Christ is God!
follow Him with all your heart, worship Him,
if Jesus Christ payed tithe then you must do same

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by hermesprogidy(m): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
Happywoman: My one kobo una no go see.
Even apostle Paul worked .Imagine ! A whole one tenth of what I make because una dey find free money web God no tell una to take. una wan hammer ba? Join the hardworking hustlers.
2moro, una go build university, banks etc
In fact make religious bodies sef begin pay tax ! Why not !

thievess!
chai, nwanyi oma!
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by AriDsexy(f): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
Scyllapatron: the christian god is broke, he needs money, he needs money, he needs money .
pay your tithe, pay your tithe, or he will not bless you. ... grin
he needs money. grin
And somepeople will not seize to amaze me....smh
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by tushbobo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
People just shout 'will a man rob God' without knowing who God was referring to. God was referring to the priests in Malachi as he was angry with them not bringing tithes into his house but selling them off for profit while offering the defective animals (lame and blind) to Him.
This is the same thing happening with priests and pastors now collecting monies but not giving to charity which even takes precedence over love in the bible.
Tithing means you are under the law. The new testament teaches 'giving' from the heart.

MALACHI 1:6-7

6 “A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty.

“It is you PRIESTS who show contempt for my name.

“But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

7 “By offering defiled food on my altar.

“But you ask, ‘How have we defiled you?’

“By saying that the Lord’s table is contemptible. 8 When you offer blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?” says the Lord Almighty.

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Betboss: The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want.
The Lord God Almighty is eternal and needs not your money.
you succeed by His grace. the federal govt. of Nigeria and govt. Africa as a whole is not doing enough to take care of her citizens. so people turn to being over religious a worship religion..
Jesus Christ is love!
Jesus is Christianity!
Jesus Christ is God!
follow Him with all your heart, worship Him,
if Jesus Christ payed tithe then you must do same
That settles it then. I won't pay tithe.

Do your homework. Jesus did not tithe. He could not have tithed if He wanted to.

Why not?, you may ask? Because He was neither a farmer, nor a herder. The Bible tells us He was a Carpenter. Carpenters were exempt from having to pay tithes.

You say the Lord is your Shepherd, but you display the fact that you do not hear His voice.

I encourage you to read your Bible more.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by aadoiza: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
Why all these complaints na! shey una no dey see say our soji pastors dey invest d moni((tithes) 4 dier god by building pri. Univ n buying pri. Jets. Gud biz mehn!
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
If I am to be labeled a "criminal" because I refuse to tithe my money, I will gladly wear that badge.

After all, I am in good company.

Jesus Christ did not tithe His money.
The Apostles did not tithe their money.
The entire nation of ancient Israel did not tithe their money.

It's good to know that there are so many "criminals" such as myself who know that God never requried tithes of money from anyone.

7 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by evmandy(f): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
shikshark: common look for anoda means of income....malachi is of the old testament and Jesus have paid for all our sins with his blood. ......team #paynotithe
Am wit u dear, to b sincere, I don't really undastand dis payin of tithe, can't even remember wen last I paid tithe

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Jesusculture: Nigeria the most religious country in Africa and perhaps in the world, where poverty, unemployment ,corruption is rife.

It is the bitterest irony. Nigerians are the most brainwashed people I've ever seen. It defies belief.

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by donhils: 12:26am On Jul 15, 2014
MarkMiwerds: Amos 3:3 asks the question, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?".

An interesting question indeed. A question today could be asked why so many who claim to be walking with God disagree with His Word? Are they truly walking with God?

God said in Leviticus 27:30-33 that His holy tithe is agricultural. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Numbers 18:21,24,26,28 that He gave His tithe to the Levitic tribe of the children of Israel. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Deuteronomy 14:22-27 that a second tithe was to be taken to a Jewish Feast and eaten by the tither before the LORD God. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Deuteronomy 14:28-29 that a third tithe was to be given every three years to feed the widows, the orphans, the Levites and foreigners in Israel. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Nehemiah 10:37-38 that the firstfruits were to be taken to the Temple storehouse in Jerusalem, and the tithes were to be taken to the Levites. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God said in Psalm 147:19-20 that His statutes and judgments were given to Israel and Israel alone. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

God's Word tells us in Acts 15:10 that it is tempting God to tell Gentile Believers that they are to keep the Mosaic Law. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

In the last chapter that tithing is mentioned in God's Holy Word, we are told that the commanded tithe is the same agricultural tithe commanded in the Penteteuch more than 1500 years earlier. Are you in agreement with God? Are you walking with Him?

Are you in agreement and walking with God? or have you rejected His decree and chosen your own path?

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
listen, quoting so many bible verses is not what will convince us that you actually know what you are saying. when you read all these places, do you actually read in context? or you just pick one verse and read? do yourself a favour when they (pastors) quote these verses for you, try reading some verses above and below it so you'll understand very well. Running a church needs money so pastors look for a way to take it From members. suddenly everybody starts quoting old testament.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2014
donhils:
listen, quoting so many bible verses is not what will convince us that you actually know what you are saying. when you read all these places, do you actually read in context? or you just pick one verse and read? do yourself a favour when they (pastors) quote these verses for you, try reading some verses above and below it so you'll understand very well. Running a church needs money so pastors look for a way to take it From members. suddenly everybody starts quoting old testament.
I do read in context. That is why I know that God never commanded the Church to tithe money.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by trustman: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
donhils:

If the Bible quoted will not convince you, then whose report are you believing?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Did Pope Benedict Convert To Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.