Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Do You Still Remember Xtracool? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Still Remember Xtracool? (22485 Views)

Mtn Stops Xtracool As Directed By Ncc / Do You Still Remember This (picture) / MTN Is Charging For Midnight Calls (Xtracool) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by tk4rd: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2014
I still remember dat nyt. Sometime in 2008.
A number called me one night like dat around 2:15am, and was saying some things that I couldn't decode. A very sweet female voice.. I had to ask her whether I was the one she intended calling, but it turned to be wrong dialling. She apologised and dropped the call.
Some few minutes ater, she called again to apologise again, that she mistakenly pressed another number in the course of dialling someone else and it mistakenly became my number. I asked her whether she later spoke wit her guy, she answered positive. I advised her to double-check numbers before dialling, then I dropped the call.
Surprisingly, she called after some fifteen minutes.. She was silent at first. I had to ask her wat happened again, or abi na repeated wrong number again.? She said that she called to tell me dat de person she called was just a friend, and not her guy, but dat's by-the-way, that de main reason she called was to tell me that I have a sweet voice, and that she would like to be calling me and hearing my voice every nyt. I accepted oo. I saved her name then wit "Nyt Missd-Call".
Long and short of it all: We later knew and dated well well.. It was so sweet then. I kept thanking God those days for making MTN pple to introduce night-calls den.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Lenzz(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2014
Tholuwaniey: why is it that everyone sharing his/her own experience are remembering it in the concept of their EX ..
No long standing relationship??

Nice observation.
Those things were a flash in d pan.
But they were a lot of fun back then cool
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Goldpeas(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2014
MAGIC NUMBER.... Almost caused a lot of fight cos my gal be like always calling me to know every details of every faithful day!... I hav to give proper explanation of wherever I was every 5mins..." Baby were are yu? Now now... Wen did yu get there? Ah nawa o" lol
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by generaldre(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2014
Xtracool!!! What a sweet word to hear! Remember begging my sister to please transfer 50.46 naira to my fone cos I had just 99.54! She cast me dat day ehn! Also remember avn phonesex wit my class gf nt known that r fwendz r listening(conference call ish)...I thank God for doz moments tho
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by eduxerxes: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ewooooo!!! Xtracool, I remember I had to delete my number from facebookuu because I was getting anonymous callsuu from some female girls almost evry nyt, **secret admirers**hehehehahaha
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by xtervaganza(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
singlefade25: lol abi o
you did magic sim too?

The call jus tire me then

Lol
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by satowind(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
nikkypearl:
Chei grin ..seconded!
thirded
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Bright2(m): 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
pasqal09:
Diaris God oh
you just made me lost my tooth while laughing grin grin
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Agybabe(f): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
ChiSun27:

Chinco thinz....LOL!!!

Don't embarrass me nah
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by melomelo: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
yorex2011: I remember when i wud have 97 naira.. I wud sneak my dad's fone.. Transfer 53 naira then transfer 50 naira back grin
Omo Ole
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by olowoeko(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
I dnt joke with my sleep,every calls I had in the night back then were placed on a long thing,I can't trade my sleep for anything,if I called you,it's either you are my babe or we have an important mata to discuss
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Sacramento4real(m): 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Abeg,na wetin be Xtracool?Na name of deep freezer ni?
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by soldierdollar(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sweet memory . those days when we go de forge different numbers and dial until we hear a female voice . Our heart go just tremble

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Adeyeancah(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
I remembered the time when I was so addicted to xtra cool, I had #100 worth of airtime with me and I was flashing someone around 11:30pm .Suddenly,my call was picked n I quickly ended d call...checked my acct balance n it was #99:80k . it was late I couldn't go out to get airtime.My only option was to call d customer care line, a lady picked it up and I begged her profusely for #1:00 which I eventually got. Don't know how she did it but who cares...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by MztrChukwu(m): 6:26am On Jul 14, 2014
The best part of Xtracool time back then was picking up the call, listening for a couple of seconds and dozing off to sleep again... they always accept the apology the next morning. grin
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by MztrChukwu(m): 6:27am On Jul 14, 2014
Adeyeancah: I remembered the time when I was so addicted to xtra cool, I had #100 worth of airtime with me and I was flashing someone around 11:30pm .Suddenly,my call was picked n I quickly ended d call...checked my acct balance n it was #99:80k . it was late I couldn't go out to get airtime.My only option was to call d customer care line, a lady picked it up and I begged her profusely for #1:00 which I eventually got. Don't know how she did it but who cares...

Huh?
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by pasqal09: 6:57am On Jul 14, 2014
Adeyeancah: I remembered the time when I was so addicted to xtra cool, I had #100 worth of airtime with me and I was flashing someone around 11:30pm .Suddenly,my call was picked n I quickly ended d call...checked my acct balance n it was #99:80k . it was late I couldn't go out to get airtime.My only option was to call d customer care line, a lady picked it up and I begged her profusely for #1:00 which I eventually got. Don't know how she did it but who cares...

Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by blackgold7777(f): 1:48am On Jul 15, 2014
yorex2011: I remember when i wud have 97 naira.. I wud sneak my dad's fone.. Transfer 53 naira then transfer 50 naira back grin
I will tell ur dad for u.
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by mcmeffy(m): 2:52am On Jul 15, 2014
winkLol! I remember my cousin back could kill for touching his phone by past 10pm back then. The mean guy was always saving it 2 call his babes. I tried xtracool a few times too buh d babe discouraged me cos I could never hear her properly,even up till now,she still acts like a fool on call...she just wouldn't speak up. Nonsense!! Buh na I'm I use catch Seyi and Kenny...
Re: Do You Still Remember Xtracool? by Adeyeancah(m): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2014
[quote author=pasqal09][/quote]shows u how badly I need it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why You Need A Dual SIM Phone / My Mtn Sim Just Stopped Browsing / Camon CX Limited Edition Launch (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.