Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Sunday Capsule (what If.......?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Capsule (what If.......?) (439 Views)

Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.22nd.april.2015 | Let's Go Like This! / Daily Grace Capsule | Thurs.2nd.april.2015 | The Ministry Gifts. / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Capsule (what If.......?) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Today, I will be taking you through some mind bugging questions about past events that occurred thousands of years ago and were recorded in the bible. What if an event had happened the other way round would it have changed God's plan?

Let us start from the old Testaments, I really love reading the Old testament, it's seems to be my favorite part of the Bible with so many stories and lessons as well.
What if Eve had not eaten the fruit of good and evil? Would we all be in the garden of Eden? I doubt that. God knew Adam and Eve will still fail! He is the all knowing God, he knows the end from the beginning. Genesis 3 vs 6
What if Esau did not sell his birthright? Would he had received his father's blessings and all? Genesis 27 vs 28 - 29. I doubt that also, I guess it was all part of the plan that Esau will sell his place and Rebecca will aid younger son to deceive their father and be blessed.
What if King Saul has being obedient to the God's word and that of the prophet Samuel and had not spared the life of King Agag and those livestock's or offered the first sacrifice that costed him the throne? Would he have found favour in the eyes of God, would he have been the king till his death? maybe Jesus would have come from the tribe of the Benjamites and not Judah as it happened. 1 Samuel 13 - 15
What if Uzzah had not tried (in his own eyes) to rescue the Ark of God from falling? Do you think the Ark of God would have fallen to the ground because the oxen stumbled? I doubt that too. 2 Samuel 6 vs 6 -8.
What if King David had not laid with Uriah's wife "Bathsheba"? 2 Samuel 11 vs 4 Don't forget that the linage of the sons of Bathsheba brought Jesus! what if?
What if Gehazi had not followed Naaman to request for what was not sent him by Elisha, would he have turned out to be another great Prophet? Remember Elisha got double portion of Elijah's anointing. Imagine how Gihazi would have ended up with! 2 Kings 5 vs 1 - 27
What if Judas did not betray Jesus?
What if Jesus had continued to pray that the cup pass over him? don't even think far, he knew he was to die for the sins of the world and he volunteered to do so. He knew he will be betrayed and persecuted by the people he was to die for. He knew all these were to happen. Remember that the word of the lord shall not return void! Isaiah 55 vs 11
The word of the Lord can never change. He knows what is to be even before the existence of the world. I guess all that happened were scripts which had been written by the creator. We are all just acting out our part according to his plans.

As always the comment section is below, say whatever you feel about the topic.

HAPPY SUNDAY!

NB: All that i have illustrated above are my mere imaginations. Please, don't take it personal.

click on the link below to read more articles from my blog.

www.designspaceltd.net

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You SEE CONSTANT NUMBERS Like 11:11, 04:44, 02:22? / Hatred Or Malice?...what's Worse? / 1st Person To Exist Man Or Ape?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.