Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? (5086 Views)

Why Studying In Cyprus(europe) Is Far Better Than Studying In Nigeria... / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by uaspector(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
02 - Why Studying Medicine in Ukraine?

For the last 10 years, Ukraine has experienced a considerable hike in the numbers of international students studying in its universities. More than have of them joined medical universities and academies all across the country.
The question is: why all these students have chosen to study medicine in Ukraine? And what makes Ukraine one of the most attractive destinations for foreign students who aims are becoming doctors?

Well, we’ll be frank about it; there are two main groups seeking medical degree from Ukraine:
A. Those who seek education and a European degree,
B. Then we have those who simply seek the easiest way to get a medical degree, regardless of earning it!

I’ll sustain myself from discussing the second group, and address the reasons that make Ukraine a favorite destination for the first. Ukraine medical universities are attractive for the following reasons:

1- Affordability
At the moment of writing of this article, the cost of training foreign students for specializations of: General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, is between $2500 and $5000 per academic year, depending on the university and on the language of instruction (English, Ukrainian or Russian).

2- High Acceptance & Recognition
Putting aside wide international recognition of medical degrees from Ukrainian Universities, Graduates of Ukrainian medical universities are eligible for the two main licensing exams:
- British Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) tests, as well as;
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) tests.

3- Simple Requirement for Enrollment and Visa Procedure
Comparing with other European countries, Ukrainian visa procedure as well as enrollment procedure is the easiest by far. It almost guaranteed that every eligible applicant will be granted student visa.

4- Extensive Quality Training
When it comes to practice, medical student will have too much to do!
The high load of practical work is what gave the graduates of the Soviet Union their reputation as highly competent doctors.
The teachers will make sure that their students are busy, with as much practice as possible, the clinical training tarts from the 2nd year, and it’s extensive. I’m not talking about doctors’ work only, but also nurses!
Better get prepared to become a real doctor, or make the mistake and go join the second group!

Now you know the main reason that makes Ukraine the favorite destination for many medical students, so tell us, if you see among them a reason for you.

Wishing all medical student good luck in their studies and prospective medical students the best in their pursuit for higher medical education.
For more information on the subject of studying in Ukraine visit: http://www.UkrainianUniversities.Com

Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by Busuyib(f): 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hmm
Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
It's a lie @op. One of my classmates in med school failed out after 2nd mbbs and managed to get back medicine in Ukraine after 2 years, I kept in touch with him and helped him to get internship in the hospital I work after his mbbs programme, most consultants complained about him, he was too slow to learn and would always do the rightt hing at the wrong time.
On one occasion when he was on call at the A&E unit, A lady who fainted was brought in, instead of stabilising the patient, he started taking medical history, sweating in total confusion like a fat foodie. Say No to Ukrainian certificate, get your mbbs in Nigeria or a North American country.

3 Likes

Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by Adegite5(m): 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
chimoz: ju av rightly said,he failed; guess ju dnt av to judge the whole system by just a student's performance,isn't a medical doctor that surgically remove spleen in place of inflated kidney dat causes retention of toxic metabolites and malfunctioning of the nephron a Nigerian graduate? or the 40 students that was denied induction for incompetence in UniLorin Nigerians? I av friends doing well in csmu,lsmu sumy medical university all in ukraine even Ksmu in Russia and ASMC new dominica in the carrebean to say but a few. The controller of FMC ido ekiti finished from there and studied more in the state.......if ju will be sincere we all knw that Nigeria's education is nofin but a crap; only dat SHE has focused students who can go tru thin and thick to succeed. If there is money raise ur children in a more developed country Like Ukraine and d like.....they will come back to eat the gud of the land,oda dan sit here embracing wat is not.
Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
[quote author=Adegite5][/quote]
Is that why you changed my post? Am reporting you to mod
Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by uaspector(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Busuyib: Hmm
We highly appreciate your contribution smiley
Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by uaspector(m): 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
[quote author=Adegite5][/quote]

Thank you for the rich argument sir. I believe you have fully addressed the matter. I raise my hat to you.
Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by omicron(m): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2014
My interactions and experiences with a number of ukrained-trained doctors leave so much to be desired.

Some of them seemed to be at a level where I was when I was in early 3rd MB class (not to be immodest).

It appears to be the 'path of less resistance' towards obtaining a medical degree, rather than a genuine destination for quality medical education, esp for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by uaspector(m): 1:20am On Jul 14, 2014
omicron: My interactions and experiences with a number of ukrained-trained doctors leave so much to be desired.
Some of them seemed to be at a level where I was when I was in early 3rd MB class (not to be immodest).
It appears to be the 'path of less resistance' towards obtaining a medical degree, rather than a genuine destination for quality medical education, esp for Nigerians.

You have referred to an interesting point sir, allow me to comment and add to it:

It's nature to encounter such individuals, regardless of where they were trained. I can just wish for better licensing standards and tests to protect society from them.

The take of "path of less resistance" is exactly why in the main article I specified:
uaspector:
The question is: why all these students have chosen to study medicine in Ukraine? And what makes Ukraine one of the most attractive destinations for foreign students who aims are becoming doctors?
Well, we’ll be frank about it; there are two main groups seeking medical degree from Ukraine:
B. Then we have those who simply seek the easiest way to get a medical degree, regardless of earning it!

And clearly declared:
uaspector:
I’ll sustain myself from discussing the second group, and address the reasons that make Ukraine a favorite destination for the first.

However, (and not to be defensive) without clear official statistics or at-least some kind of facts-checked studies on the numbers/percentage of qualified trained doctors and their level of qualification according to the origin of their degrees, all what might be expressed can't cross the line of personal experiences or accumulated opinions regardless of their bases.

Still, I'd like to read more opinions on the matter, as it's important and concerns a high investments in individuals who will have their impact on the community's welfare.
Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by globaldtltd: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
uaspector:
02 - Why Studying Medicine in Ukraine?

For the last 10 years, Ukraine has experienced a considerable hike in the numbers of international students studying in its universities. More than have of them joined medical universities and academies all across the country.

I’ll sustain myself from discussing the second group, and address the reasons that make Ukraine a favorite destination for the first. Ukraine medical universities are attractive for the following reasons:

1- Affordability
At the moment of writing of this article, the cost of training foreign students for specializations of: General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, is between $2500 and $5000 per academic year, depending on the university and on the language of instruction (English, Ukrainian or Russian).

2- High Acceptance & Recognition
Putting aside wide international recognition of medical degrees from Ukrainian Universities, Graduates of Ukrainian medical universities are eligible for the two main licensing exams:
- British Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) tests, as well as;
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) tests.

3- Simple Requirement for Enrollment and Visa Procedure
Comparing with other European countries, Ukrainian visa procedure as well as enrollment procedure is the easiest by far. It almost guaranteed that every eligible applicant will be granted student visa.

4- Extensive Quality Training
When it comes to practice, medical student will have too much to do!
The high load of practical work is what gave the graduates of the Soviet Union their reputation as highly competent doctors.
The teachers will make sure that their students are busy, with as much practice as possible, the clinical training tarts from the 2nd year, and it’s extensive. I’m not talking about doctors’ work only, but also nurses!
Better get prepared to become a real doctor, or make the mistake and go join the second group!

Now you know the main reason that makes Ukraine the favorite destination for many medical students, so tell us, if you see among them a reason for you.

Wishing all medical student good luck in their studies and prospective medical students the best in their pursuit for higher medical education.
For more information on the subject of studying in Ukraine visit: http://studyinukraine.site/study-medicine-in-ukraine/

1 Like

Re: 02 - Why Studying Medicine In Ukraine? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 18, 2017
[quote author=globaldtltd post=52427379][/quote]

Hmmm smh

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) Departmental Cut Off Mark For 2014/2015 / Every Meat Is Not Beef! See All Their Names / Pictures To Restore Your Faith In Humanity {pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.