Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup (6491 Views)

Car Hesitates When Engine Is Cold And 'groans' When Moving In Traffic / Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / Toyota Camry 1999 Model CE Car Engine Hesitates When I Accelerate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Cts - coolant temp sensor

Engine is a 2.4l camry engine, uses MAF

1 Like

Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ikenna351: What does your injection system have? MAP or MAF?

By the way, do you know how to do vacuum leak test?

Ikenna

maf- sprayed and cleaned.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Jacksolo4me(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
Sir, Have you tried an ECU/ECM reset?

You can use your OBDII scanner.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Jacksolo4me: Sir, Have you tried an ECU/ECM reset?

You can use your OBDII scanner.

still did that AGAIN this saturday
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Ikenna351(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
tumababa:

maf- sprayed and cleaned.

Sprayed or cleaned with what? A swap with another would have been better to rule out the MAF. You must not pay for parts while carrying out this manual troubleshooting. I adopted a trick and it works for me. Contact me offline to leak the secret to you.

Ah! I love manual troubleshooting. I am actually missing it. I applied it on my Peugeot 505 V6 when I first got her and thats how i know what I know today technically with cars. But the car EFI system has refused to fail again for over 2 years now. Lol! Really missed that method. Now, PP2000 kind of looks like cheating. Lol! Honestly, with scan tool, you wont learn or understand EFI systems.

Even though manual troubleshooting takes time to detect the culprit(s), but by the time you catch those principalities (lol!), you must have learnt alot. And most importantly, understand your EFI system better, which will help next time troubleshooting easier and faster. Been there!

You havent answered the question on vacuum leak.

By the way, does your temperature gauge on instrument panel correspond with coolant temperature on the scan tool while carrying out parameter measurement?

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ikenna351:

Sprayed or cleaned with what? A swap with another would have been better to rule out the MAF. You must not pay for parts while carrying out this manual troubleshooting. I adopted a trick and it works for me. Contact me offline to leak the secret to you.

Ah! I love manual troubleshooting. I am actually missing it. I applied it on my Peugeot 505 V6 when I first got her and thats how i know what I know today technically with cars. But the car EFI system has refused to fail again for over 2 years now. Lol! Really missed that method. Now, PP2000 kind of looks like cheating. Lol! Honestly, with scan tool, you wont learn or understand EFI systems.

Even though manual troubleshooting takes time to detect the culprit(s), but by the time you catch those principalities (lol!), you must have learnt alot. And most importantly, understand your EFI system better, which will help next time troubleshooting easier and faster. Been there!

You havent answered the question on vacuum leak.

By the way, does your temperature gauge on instrument panel correspond with coolant temperature on the scan tool while carrying out parameter measurement?

Ikenna

d temperature gauge is analog on d dashboard so i can't really say if it corresponds or not.

d mech dat checked the throttle body said no vacuum leak. how do i contact offline biko
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
update:
i have changed the v-belt and tensioner. the vibrating sound when i move have finally gone. i have also changed the water temperature sensor. i will know d effect of dat tomorrow morning.

although d hesitation has reduced after changing d a/f sensor and ignition plugs, i hope d wts replacement will totally solve d issue.

meanwhile, this is the last thing and d last part I'm changing in d car because of d hesitation issue.

thanks for all d contribution
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good day car gurus. Im happy to say that my issues have been resolved. Chaging d wts and tensioner and belt solved d hesitation and vibration issue.

Once again i thank u all for d contributions.

I also have mobil 1 5w20 full synthetic oil for sale 5quartzs. 12k.
And camry muscle v4 oem oil filter 4500
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
tumababa:
Good day car gurus. Im happy to say that my issues have been resolved. Chaging d wts and tensioner and belt solved d hesitation and vibration issue.

Once again i thank u all for d contributions.

I also have mobil 1 5w20 full synthetic oil for sale 5quartzs. 12k.
And camry muscle v4 oem oil filter 4500
a year ago i posted the quoted. Well the hesitation started again like few days after i posted so i decided not to post any update till i solved the hesitation problem.
3 weeks ago the issue was resolved by changing the while fuel pump assembly.

Hesitation stopped. Apparently it was low fuel pressure issue. So changing fuel pump separately, fuel filter separately did not solve the issue until I replaced the whole assembly with a toks bought from ebay.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by cooldudeng(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Very helpful.

Similar issue experienced on my 2009 camry.

Many thanks
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
cooldudeng:
Very helpful.

Similar issue experienced on my 2009 camry.

Many thanks

You welcome. But issue has resumed. I just det drive am like dat. I don tire. It worked well for like 2 months. I dont want to believe the new fuel pump assembly is faulty.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by honmusa(m): 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
tumababa:

You welcome. But issue has resumed. I just det drive am like dat. I don tire. It worked well for like 2 months. I dont want to believe the new fuel pump assembly is faulty.
Look for a reputable tech shop to run a Fuel pressure test to ascertain the condition of your fuel pressure line ,fuel pump or maybe u a fuel line restriction .It might as well be a voltage drop issue.
Call autologic to run this test for you
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
honmusa:

Look for a reputable tech shop to run a Fuel pressure test to ascertain the condition of your fuel pressure line ,fuel pump or maybe u a fuel line restriction .It might as well be a voltage drop issue.
Call autologic to run this test for you

Whats autologic's number?
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by cooldudeng(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
tumababa:

Just got m car back today and drives well

Guess it's time to start chopping for a new car.

Oops! time to get used to it considering the current FOREX rates smiley
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by honmusa(m): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2016
tumababa:

Whats autologic's number?
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by cooldudeng(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hi Tumbaba,

Did you try the autologic guys?

Annoying, my initial excitement only lasted 2 days
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
cooldudeng:
Hi Tumbaba,

No I didn't. Tired of spending on 1 issue and soln lasting few weeks.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by autologic: 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
If you are in Lagos call autologic @ 08061166316 ,
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by autologic: 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
cooldudeng:
Hi Tumbaba,

call autologic @ 08061166316 ,we have the skillset and the state of the art autodiagnotics equipment to make a precise and accurate diagnosis on any of your faulty system on your car and we offer more 3 months warrantee on any of our services to our customers.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 17, 2017
can't believe i have gotten so used to these issue that i feel its the way the car is designed to work... cheesy
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by bravolad(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2017
tumababa:
can't believe i have gotten so used to these issue that i feel its the way the car is designed to work... cheesy

Since you reside in Lagos, why not try any of Gazzuzz or Honmusa to get this issue sorted once. You have had this problem since 2014; that's 3 years plus.
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2017
bravolad:

Since you reside in Lagos, why not try any of Gazzuzz or Honmusa to get this issue sorted once. You have had this problem since 2014; that's 3 years plus.

We have tried different things. Except going to autologic
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by honmusa(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2017
tumababa:

We have tried different things. Except going to autologic
We have an appointment before and I even send you a message but you no response from your end !!!
Re: 2007 Camry Hesitates At Startup by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
honmusa:

We have an appointment before and I even send you a message but you no response from your end !!!

I got tired of it. Let me chat u up maybe theres a miracle solution now.

OÕoooº°˚ ˚°º k. So u are autologic. Didnt know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paint-job Diary: Respray Of 03 Accord / Innoson Massive Production Of IVM-IKENGA-2019 At Anambra Base- PICTURES / Between A 406 And A Camry: Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.