Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67850 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Omokowa(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2014
that damn stroller deserves it
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Dhulqarnain(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2014
ebullientV: Tap-ins or not, they were all counted as goals.. That's a knack for being in d right place @ d ryt time.. He created the most chances, but Muller had three assists so?

I respect your opinion but IMO, he didn't even deserve to finish 3rd..
Muller had 3 assists because he had beta team-mates.
Aguero,Higuain,Palacio nd Lavezzi were basically useless leavin Messi to carry d goal-scoring and creative burden.Thruout d tournament,no team depended more on a player dan Argentina on Messi.
Muller wsnt beta dan Messi,nor ws Robben who ddnt score again afta d 2nd group match
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by JulianBond007: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2014
I dunno why that Messi guy behaves like an imbe...cile.

Smh
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Sholexyz(m): 7:00am On Jul 14, 2014
lafuria1: When stat doesn't favour them, the bring some irrelevant ones to justify.

What is most chances crated and most dribbles completed? Hahahaha

So messi was the most Outstanding player are the World Cup right? An outstanding player with no goals or assist in his last three games.

Anyway, below is FIFA World Cup eleven according to castrol index who uses technology to analyse the best player
My brother God bless u for dis post they went as far as bringing stupid statistics most chances,most dribbles as if dats a criteria for selecting d winner... James or muller deserved.. U can ask diego forlaÑ in 2010...
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Dhulqarnain(m): 7:00am On Jul 14, 2014
disloman: tongue
No point..
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Dhulqarnain(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2014
sulmeza: Fifa na useless body,imagine...all of messi's goals came against substandard teams...only in d group stage....God punish fifa
Robben scored in d knockout stages abi?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by betatalk: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2014
FIFA has shown that it is a biase institution. Wetin messi do now, cheat. Dem for give am ballon d'oor for der self. Shaking my head
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ebullientV(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Muller did score against Brazil..
Dhulqarnain:
Muller had 3 assists because he had beta team-mates.
Aguero,Higuain,Palacio nd Lavezzi were basically useless leavin Messi to carry d goal-scoring and creative burden.Thruout d tournament,no team depended more on a player dan Argentina on Messi.
Muller wsnt beta dan Messi,nor ws Robben who ddnt score again afta d 2nd group match
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by nduchucks: 7:09am On Jul 14, 2014
To truly appreciate Messi's contributions, simply imagine the Argentina team without Messi and you'd note that the team would not have made it out of the first round sef.

The final would have been worse that the Brazil semis for Argentina. The man worked like a horse and deserves the golden ball.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2014
disloman: If not I av a crush on u,I would av replied u. ;DIf not I av a crush on u,I would av replied u.
tongue tongue cheesy grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Dhulqarnain(m): 7:15am On Jul 14, 2014
ebullientV: Muller did score against Brazil..
A shambolic Brazil...
Well he won d silver ball,dat shud be enough
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Onyiido: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2014
Wey dem people wey dey scream say their demigod "messi" go win d cup. Hope they are sharing enough tears now. lol
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by tayolove12(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2014
To my own Opinion messi didn't deserve golden anything not to talk of golden ball

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Onyiido: 7:28am On Jul 14, 2014
JulianBond007: I dunno why that Messi guy behaves like an imbe...cile.

Smh
He's not an slowpoke, just that d argentinas relied more on him as their demigod which sent them packing home. I just love this match.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Cecediva(f): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi deserves a golden face...rubbish! he wasn't even among the 5 top performer in the world cup. messi na sepp blater manfriend cheesy
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by chaberry(m): 7:31am On Jul 14, 2014
disloman: Guy!U dey lie ooooo.Na but na still d brazil get d record.Na 15goals.1938.
I didn't type scored, i typed concede
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by henrijin: 7:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Why do y'all think it is those who score that should be the best players? What about the DM who break the opposition's play, the CBs that block goal-bound shots or that last ditch tackle, that clearance away from goal; the GKs with all the saves. We are just too biased in our assessment of who should be the MVP. I was thinking Muller or Robben will get the award. But Messi was good too. Anybody that wins it, it does not stop us from eating gala and lacasera in hold up.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by naijalodge(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2014
even if Argentina was to be complimented for their hardwork,it was supposed to be the deffence,messi played trash,argentina's attack was wicked wen di maria wasn't injured..messi wasn't even suppose to be on top 4 when people like Robben,Muller,James.R and Kroose were rocking the pitch..against Holland i could barely see him,it was Robben,Robben,Roben..if nt for Di maria's goal against switzerland and Higuin's goal againt Begium,they won't have been in the Final..
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Harmvirus(f): 7:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Cecediva: Messi deserves a golden face...rubbish! he wasn't even among the 5 top performer in the world cup. messi na sepp blater manfriend cheesy
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2014
scribe2000:

Chances created is different from goal assists. Goal assists are only those created chances that were actually scored by other people. FIFA considers all of these, particularly on close-call situations like in this world cup.
even at dt Rob Ben had better, just check it... he doesn't beat any1 of dem(Robben, Rodriguez and muller) in world cup stats ....
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Barbieadol: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi doesn't deserve the Golden ball?
Please tell me the other player who
(almost) single-handedly carried his
team to the finals.
Lionel Messi is the player who created
the most chances(23) and completed
the most dribbles (46) in World Cup
2014....if you are still hating on messi after reading this den you are an enemy of progress
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Oahray: 7:38am On Jul 14, 2014
kelechiMarie: correct me if i'm wrong but i think pirlo had the most man of the match vote at the last WC and stiil didnt win player of the tournament and to those of you comparing his world cup outing to CR7's i say there's no basis for comparism because;the argentine team as a whole was better than the portugese in terms of player quality and fitness level,one star player and some below average players cant take the team far.Secondly Portugal was in the toughest group[groupofdeath] while Argentina was in one of the easiest groups in the tournament
If we're to be sincere messi didn't play so well at this world cup,even my brother who was supporting argentina kept complaining about messi's speed,he was slower than his usual self.Giving him the golden ball is pure Ojoro,i rest my case
*********LAST BULLET;with suarez coming to barcelona one of two things will happen 1.Neymar will be sold 2.Messi's game will drop with this WC performance it just might be the latter MESSI IS A GREAT PLAYER WHO WILL BE REMEMBERED BUT HE DIDN'T DESERVE THE GOLDEN BALL and German WAGS are hot
mehn... Girls... I don't even know where to start with you. First of all, Diego Forlan not Pirlo, was the man of the tournament in South Africa 2010. Pirlo's Italy didn't even cross the group stage, so how could he have had the most MOTM awards? Sneijder led the pack with 4 awards, against Forlan's 3, and Iniesta's 3.

I can't remember all the statistics. Sneijder was the best player in 2010 w/cup in my opinion, but I wouldn't argue against Forlan. He was a beauty to watch, the stand-out player in a Uruguay side people never expected to go far.

I agree with you, there's really no basis for mentioning CR7 on this thread at all. Messi's statistics for this tournament alone is better than all Ronaldo have ever had in all the world cups he has ever played in. I'm tired of replying that well-worn CR7 excuse.

German WAGS? That's salon gist. Discuss it with CR7 or his fans please.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by MahatmaGhandi: 7:38am On Jul 14, 2014
First go find out the criteria for giving the golden ball and golden boot award before arguing in public. Golden ball is not for the player with the most goals, that is why there is a golden boot award.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by naijalodge(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2014
nduchucks: To truly appreciate Messi's contributions, simply imagine the Argentina team without Messi and you'd note that the team would not have made it out of the first round sef.

The final would have been worse that the Brazil semis for Argentina. The man worked like a horse and deserves the golden ball.
,bros shut up ur mouth,credit should go to the Defence,nt messi,the defence was a rock,dat was why they survived the Oranje..,messi was always no where to be found,except wen he looses the Ball..the last time he played a good football was in Group stage against weak teams,i can bet that fiffa actually place them on that group for easy qualification..
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by JoeCutie(m): 7:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Football has evolved over time. It's no longer all about goals & assists. We should look at someones's overall influence & contribution to the team.

The 'small' man, Messi, has been the the inspiration & the force propelling the Argentine team. Take whoever you want of out of the German team & they'd even score more, but take just Messi out of the Argentine team...you sef wouldn't withstand the sight.

Again, let's all not forget that that 'small' man has a lot of responsibilities hanging on his shoulders, and those are not without pressure. Being 'Messi' alone, is a difficult thing. Everybody is expecting some margical moments from you like you're one 'Merlin' or something.

I don't know if I'll be sacrificed to the gods if I say that Messi is Argentina? Alright...but he's close to being. Very close.

Suffice it, Messi to me, for who he is & what he represents, deserves it.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Tripleclick(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Yaaaa;; i tink so
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by naijalodge(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Barbieadol: Messi doesn't deserve the Golden ball?
Please tell me the other player who
(almost) single-handedly carried his
team to the finals.
Lionel Messi is the player who created
the most chances(23) and completed
the most dribbles (46) in World Cup
2014....if you are still hating on messi after reading this den you are an enemy of progress
Sharap dier,did u watch Holland,did u watch Arjen Robben?,i don't think so...since wen did number of unreasonable dribble and unconverted assists become a criteria for the award,messi played no big team untill he faced Holland,imagin the way Robben took the whole of the pitch from him..Messi is Sep Blatter's Gay partner..shikena..Adiddas fuckard..
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 7:47am On Jul 14, 2014
naijalodge: ,bros shut up ur mouth,credit should go to the Defence,nt messi,the defence was a rock,dat was why they survived the Oranje..,messi was always no where to be found,except wen he looses the Ball..the last time he played a good football was in Group stage against weak teams,i can bet that fiffa actually place them on that group for easy qualification..
bla bla bla
another useless conspiracy theory
and where were you when messi was setting up the winning goals in the knockout stages, i bet if you were marked by3-4 players in every game you would not have a touch in 6 matched cheesy
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2014
naijalodge: Sharap dier,did u watch Holland,did u watch Arjen Robben?,i don't think so...since wen did number of unreasonable dribble and unconverted assists become a criteria for the award,messi played no big team untill he faced Holland,imagin the way Robben took the whole of the pitch from him..Messi is Sep Blatter's Gay partner..shikena..Adiddas fuckard..

robben took the whole pitch, wow
tell me a story, i heard holland beat argentina grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Darcwudz(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2014
Itz meant 2 be Robben or Muller... embarassedItz meant 2 be Robben or Muller...
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Darcwudz(m): 7:48am On Jul 14, 2014
Itz meant 2 be Robben or Muller...
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2014
JoeCutie: Football has evolved over time. It's no longer all about goals & assists. We should look at someones's overall influence & contribution to the team.

The 'small' man, Messi, has been the the inspiration & the force propelling the Argentine team. Take whoever you want of out of the German team & they'd even score more, but take just Messi out of the Argentine team...you sef wouldn't withstand the sight.

Again, let's all not forget that that 'small' man has a lot of responsibilities hanging on his shoulders, and those are not without pressure. Being 'Messi' alone, is a difficult thing. Everybody is expecting some margical moments from you like you're one 'Merlin' or something.

I don't know if I'll be sacrificed to the gods if I say that Messi is Argentina? Alright...but he's close to being. Very close.

Suffice it, Messi to me, for who he is & what he represents, deserves it.

thats the point - 4 man of the match awards speaks for itself

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.