Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time (18174 Views)

Tb Joshua Predicts That Mali Will Beat Nigeria In U17 World Cup Finals / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by DebateNigeria: 12:11am On Jul 14, 2014
The illusionist was spot On! Predicted mario gotze to score in the 113th min. And germany to win!! #SSFootball.
Just what we call a perfect illusionist @ilan_Smith he got his call right. Germany 1-0 Argentina Götze 113'.

Is this some sort of luck or what

South African illusionist, Ilan Smith predicted the outcome of the 2014 World Cup final between Germany and Argentina, and he got it right!

Smith had before the match predicted the outcome of the match in a piece of paper co-signed by a football fan, sealed and stuck on a soccer boot. The boot was the n locked in a box for the duration of the game.

According to his prediction, Germany would win the final by a lone goal and Mario Gotze would score in the 113th minute.
After the game, Robert Marawa of Super Sport opened the box live on TV after the illusionist presented the key to the box kept in the studio for the duration of the match and his prediction was right!
When asked why he risked his career to make such prediction, he smiled and replied; “If you want to do something great, you have to put yourself on the line"

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2014/07/2014-world-cup-final-south-african-illusionist-gets-prediction-right.html

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 14, 2014
one word JUJU
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Lorlaahlozz: 12:20am On Jul 14, 2014
runzlord: one word JUJU
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by obongtunji: 12:25am On Jul 14, 2014
This is beyond juju
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 14, 2014
obongtunji: This is beyond juju

Thirded! Two words: Ju Ju kiss

7 Likes

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by morhsuud22(m): 12:33am On Jul 14, 2014
Was the box shown to the world throughout the match, where did he get the boot and how are we sure this boot doesn't print papers ?? Abeg na 21st century we dey

8 Likes

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Why wasn't the prediction made known before the game or during the game? The paper showing the prediction was changed just as the box containing the paper was opened. An easy trick for any magician to pull off. Now the dude followers on twitter has sky-rocketed by more than 10,000 in just 20 minutes. Nice publicity stunt in my opinion. But only meant to be believed by gullible people.

15 Likes

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by sovpounds(m): 12:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Yeah i watched it on Super Sports. i remember when the british illusionist, Derren Brown predicted correctly the 6 numbers in the UK National Lottery LIVE on television. He was in the studio and didnt buy a ticket and that week no one won the jackpot.

These illusionists are bold, Derren Brown announced in advance that he would predict the 6 numbers on his show and he successfully did.

I dont know how these illusionists do it.
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by yorex2011: 12:42am On Jul 14, 2014
Twas a simple sleight of hand that even i can pull off. He swapped the predictions as he tore the envelope... The key to his illusion was the distraction of his audience.. All those fuss bout signature of that lady., where just to shift focus of him as he performed d switch.. Did u notice how he never gave marawa back d envelope... Na publicity stunt... He's good at his job sha... But nothing i haven't seen before...

1 Like

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by zeelo2014: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2014
The moment he got close to the paper, I lost interest.

5 Likes

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by yorex2011: 12:46am On Jul 14, 2014
He try for the illusion sha... But he easily crammed the lady's signature and wrote d prediction as soon as d match ended... Then swapped it at d studio... I don do all these small small magic pass for my undergrad yrs

1 Like

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by yorex2011: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2014
zeelo2014: The moment he got close to the paper, I lost interest.

Gbam!!!
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by timpaker(m): 12:57am On Jul 14, 2014
I wasn't deceived one bit
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Oahray: 2:03am On Jul 14, 2014
He's an illusionist na. He can make people see what isn't there or miss what is there by distracting the viewer's mind while performing a quick simple trick.

I think he switched the original paper (with one he wrote after the match) when he tore the envelope. Forging the lady's signature is easy since Marawa (who confirmed it) doesn't even know the signature.

They shouldn't have let him touch anything jare.
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Lanspower(m): 2:18am On Jul 14, 2014
i would have believed him if the prediction was shown at half time...I'm afraid i aint gonna fall for this! Someone is taking multitude of people for a ride using Super Sport as the platform.....

1 Like

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by 1stola: 3:52am On Jul 14, 2014
DebateNigeria: The illusionist was spot On! Predicted mario gotze to score in the 113th min. And germany to win!! #SSFootball.
Just what we call a perfect illusionist @ilan_Smith he got his call right. Germany 1-0 Argentina Götze 113'.

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2014/07/2014-world-cup-final-south-african-illusionist-gets-prediction-right.html
The obvious.
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by maestroferddi: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Some cheap hoax being perpetrated by Super Sports to boost rating. An "illusionist" and what do we expect?
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2014
LoL..this guy aint no illusionist!he is a wizard..the whites always have names to call wizards and witches..
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 14, 2014
How come we don't get to hear,or know this things before the start of the match,is this man related to T.B. Joshua,cos TB Joshua has a niche for this kind of cheap publicity.
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Nostalgia21(m): 7:24am On Jul 14, 2014
Obasgilbert:

Thirded! Two words: Ju Ju kiss
fourthed.shebi World cup don end? Person go hear word now

1 Like

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Koolmexxi(m): 7:29am On Jul 14, 2014
Well dat's y dey are illusionists, d more u luk d less u see... D guy sell bobo for those Supersport dudes.
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by omanifrank(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2014
i smell lies here
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by stigman(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2014
Maybe its true, maybe not but sammy kufo was there na, that is demon at work, chris angel has done more than that na
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by stigman(m): 7:51am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by spyroxy1(m): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Hey guys!

The box was shown throughout the match... was really amazed how on earth would someone predict the exact time ,the goal scorer and the goal margin.

This is even beyond magic to me!

Who are these illusionists?

I think they work with Demons & unseen spirits grin
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Oahray: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2014
spyroxy1: Hey guys!

The box was shown throughout the match... was really amazed how on earth would someone predict the exact time ,the goal scorer and the goal margin.

This is even beyond magic to me!

Who are these illusionists?

I think they work with Demons & unseen spirits grin
smh...

2 Likes

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by DebateNigeria: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Paroman: Why wasn't the prediction made known before the game or during the game? The paper showing the prediction was changed just as the box containing the paper was opened. An easy trick for any magician to pull off. Now the dude followers on twitter has sky-rocketed by more than 10,000 in just 20 minutes. Nice publicity stunt in my opinion. But only meant to be believed by gullible people.
Lol
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by JustHector(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2014
You will be surprised to know find out that illusionists are not tricksters as you all thought.This is "demonism" at its best!
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by DebateNigeria: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2014
JustHector: You will be surprised to know find out that illusionists are not tricksters as you all thought.This is "demonism" at its best!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by justi4jesu(f): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2014
DebateNigeria: The illusionist was spot On! Predicted mario gotze to score in the 113th min. And germany to win!! #SSFootball.

Prediction ko, infatuation ni undecided

Can't buy dis trash..
Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by Smartsyn(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2014
How many times have I told you guys that adonbiliv all these trash.

I predicted the result myself, the scorer, who gave the assist, the time of score ,I even predicted that Neuer ll make I bad save.

But I put them on my mind only to make it known after the match, and guess what, I was right too.

1 Like

Re: Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time by smudge2079(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2014
Pinkture or idontbelieveit!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warri Wolves Vs AC Leopards: CAF Confedration Cup (3 - 1) On 6th June 2015 / EndSARS: Oshoala Complains About Attempts To Hack Her Twitter Account / Nicklas Bendtner Sentenced To 50-Day Jailterm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.