Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,305 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (91831 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Mettal: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Aba is the most baddest city in west africa in every aspects,. Mention it,aba worst pass.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Bigsteveg:

I sincerely agree, cab is 30naira, no matter where ure going to within osogbo u cant spend 100naira on transportation. And about NEPA, osogbo has a distribution station so light there is excellent. I remember when i was still schooling, they will tell u when they want to take light.
Let the Governor help fashola out noooooow, by telling him how he play his game of constant supply of electricity
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by johnstar(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
larrymoore: Na only bicycle dey for zaria?
otondo, u knw see motor for front undecided
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by WiseElectrical: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Enugu is one of the most expensive cities for a young guy to live in. Things are very very costly and there is no job.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by godG: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Lafia, Nasarawa State is not there?!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by franxalive(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: Ilorin is actually very cheap. With 100#, one can even make stew. grin

So to make jst a pot of stew na wia ur problem dey...lolzzzz...4nnny
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by babstope05: 10:02am On Jul 14, 2014
If I hear say Akure is cheap, thats far from the truth, cost of living is abit on the high side and prices of foodstuff,mehn is killing compared to other places in the southwest

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by kaima1984(f): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2014
Lag is cheap unlike ph joor
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by elijah24(m): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2014
warri is cheap oooooooo abi? grin then abraka na die especially wen sch is on session ,but wen ASUU was on 6months strike d town became cheap 500 will get u a good pot of soup but try it now u will know d difference,,,abeg` `ASUU we dey miss una ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Olamilekan08(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2014
tuffgongjo: Ilorin is not a cheap town,that is what outsider do believe,it is also not a town of opportunities because they are tribalistic$they aren't welcoming.
You are quiet wrong about Ilorin. Have you being to Ilorin, maybe you may share your experience that made you think ilorin is tribalistic and unwelcoming.
Ilorin is the culture confluence of the north and south as far as i know. Though as a student with limited access to government institutions, aside from my school, i have in no way experience or witness any form of tribalistic behavior. Maybe that happens in government institutions, that i don't know. Maybe u can share your experience.
Lest i forget, Ilorin is a cheap city, you can buy phone here that is at par or even less to the price you can obtain, a 50 to 80 naira taxi fare, i mean a good correct and comfortable car will take you to your destination anywhere in ilorin compare to other town or cities i've been to where your are 'sardined' in a bus. Also, food is cheap.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by duchez(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2014
OP, please u didn't just say Aba is a quiet place.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=CHESSBOARD]I cant still understand why ABA is sooo cheap, an Item my wife bought in Portharcourt for #45,000 is just #7,000 in Aba and its just a 30 mins drive[
Guy,check dat item well,it mght just be fake,of course u knw wat Aba is known for/quote]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 10:15am On Jul 14, 2014
Dubby6: op abeg na 8 dey here oo..
Pls which state is ikom in
I think say places like borno go cheap pass now...Onitcha cheap?
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change
ikom is in cross river state .

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: Ilorin is actually very cheap. With 100#, one can even make stew. grin
yoruba people with stew

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by mksn(m): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2014
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change
i second you. With a thousand naira, one can survive for about two days.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by mcpat(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2014
Mrkuvuki: Yea onitsha is cheap,I grew up there ...where else can you get a 3Bedroom flat for 120K-220K?
agbulegba and ikorodu in lagos... Even cheaper self..

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by waja(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2014
. Ikom is in Cross River State.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Lysha: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2014
What about KD? huh
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Brandybliss(f): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2014
Come to Nyanya in Abuja. Nyanya area A - F cheap cheap houses even sef free of charge 4 dos pipo wey don live since Abacha tym
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by cyntiathis: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Cheap living condition == Low Income. I can't picture myself living in these cities.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Tunguy01(m): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Of all d cities u mention I kick against zaria .., itx sun can turn blue litmus paper red .., bliv u wnt like it der especially (Christian) ., see dos 2 abokis pushing bicycle .., zaria my foot !!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by ignis: 10:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Ikot Ekpene is a nice place to live....
But you must learn how to eat dog meat...
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by mightiepluz(m): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Akure seem to be the cheapest!
My cousin got a 3-bedroom for 84K. Was surprised when I saw the apartment while I pay 220k for a self con in Abuja Suburb.

I went to a restaurant wit my padi, the lady brought plenty of meat! Boy I dey fear to eat the meat cos na me wan pay. My guy just dey wack, I was thinking at least e no go pass N1500. Finally the bill reads N650! Boy!!! I was there d next day. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 14, 2014
hello to d ilorin peeps...pls can i get a cheap hotel over dere prefarable agbo area of ilorin and aw much does a night cost..
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Bigsteveg(m): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Tbliss12:
Let the Governor help fashola out noooooow, by telling him how he play his game of constant supply of electricity

Ever heard of the word national grid? I schooled there during the tenure of Oyinlola and it has being so b4 then.
Osun state has a distributing station, and it tÀkes care of itself b4 sharing d remaining to other south western states. I must also say its a cheating becos even generating states like jebba, egin(lagos) and co can't even boast of such good electricity. But dats how our system works, they generate and send it to the national grid for distribution while they @ d national grid decides who get more.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by fashrola(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2014
why would I go and live in Ikom? lol cut off from Modern and civilised world because of cheap things? ikom has a fresh and unpolluted environment though
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2014
freshboy88: did u jst say onitsha z cheap? abi e diff 4rm d 1 wey i knw?...iffahia
ILORIN z d cheapest city i av eva bin to...ask ma peepz @ agbo oba, oke oyi n so on
guy u sabi any beta hotel for dat agbo oba area...i like d place bcus dere lite gud...and wats d cost like.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Konnektions146(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Soldierboy30: Hi @everyone akwaibom state is actually very beautiful,carm strong security and stedy power supply,low cost of living,good road transport.and the above mentioned touched everypart and corner of akwa-ibom.housing is cheap and very confortable.our 3bedroom flat with standard estate genarator we were paying 110k I mean a modern day tailed 3bedroom flat.D state is not corrupt and education is very good and affordable,gov. Schs are free and upto todays standard, Food is cheap and very fresh too their people are very nice and accomodating,we just relocated to enugu my morm complains everyday and wish she could work her posting back there, I miss d state too. I strongly recoment there for anyone. Goodmorning NL

I really don't know where you are or went in AKWA IBOM but that state is more expensive than the whole south east and west.

I live in Uyo, I stay in a place call Ikot-okubo off Abak road by Federal Secretariat and I pay 300K NGN as rent for a 2-Bedroom flat, Would you say that is cheap?
Comparing Uyo/Eket and Enugu, Enugu is too cheap.

@op,

The first Picture in your post is Uyo (4-lane/Nwaniba Roundabout). and Not Ikot Ekpene

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2014
A thousand likes for this post !!GOD bless you bro;osogbo is my 2nd home;i served @ osogbo 2010 and belive me;i av never enjoyed my stay elsewhere in 9ja like i did @ osogbo..although warri is another cheap city to live in..#repping warri#
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by fashrola(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2014
mightiepluz: Akure seem to be the cheapest!
My cousin got a 3-bedroom for 84K. Was surprised when I saw the apartment while I pay 220k for a self con in Abuja Suburb.

I went to a restaurant wit my padi, the lady brought plenty of meat! Boy I dey fear to eat the meat cos na me wan pay. My guy just dey wack, I was thinking at least e no go pass N1500. Finally the bill reads N650! Boy!!! I was there d next day. grin grin
I think Ondo State as a whole, cos I served there.... Irun Akoko to be precise, I paid 12k for 3 bedroom flat well furnished too during my NYSC days, we shared amongst ourselves..(3 corps members)
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by henrimoto(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2014
bigwallace: u lie i stayed in ilorin too,dey re very hospitable,i remebered am always bin feed by woman oppsite my house without even asking her for it nd tins re quite cheap very cheap compared to lagos.
the woman, is she single or married? Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) / New York Vs London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.