Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (91828 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by agrovick(m): 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
GentleMimi: Ile-Ife...true. Very calm,quiet and affordable place. After living in %Lagos all my life,a time off at Ife was well deserved. From Lagere to General(teaching hsptl) was N20. Lol. The highest T-fare then was N50.
But talk of boring....mehn!!!
joanne walker aka ajala travel grin
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by agrovick(m): 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: Ilorin is actually very cheap. With 100#, one can even make stew. grin
ise! Cook of life, happy birthday
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tonilogbo(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
I only know of Ibadan because i have lived there and I am still living there at present. Ibadan is peace,less traffic and cheap foodstuff.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by jericco1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mehn i dey live beside aso villa, see as things cost, a plate of rice...#500 minus stew
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by bigwallace(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
henrimoto: the woman, is she single or married? Lolz
she is very married,i dnt do old cargoes.*winks*
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by awodiyat: 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
U forget chibok city in bornu state
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Eleganza33(f): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Standard007:

what of d osisikankwu era?!!!
dats jus once. in 2010, snice then no such news again
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Eleganza33(f): 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
nicetboy: are u talkin abt d aba I knw or another aba. What abt d bakassi era, osisikankwu era mafia et al
dat waz in 2010 since then no such news
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by drmikeadams(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
abeg whAT YEAR WAS IT IT?AND WHERE IS THE ESTATE LOCATED IN AKWAIBOM ABEG?
Soldierboy30: Hi @everyone akwaibom state is actually very beautiful,carm strong security and stedy power supply,low cost of living,good road transport.and the above mentioned touched everypart and corner of akwa-ibom.housing is cheap and very confortable.our 3bedroom flat with standard estate genarator we were paying 110k I mean a modern day tailed 3bedroom flat.D state is not corrupt and education is very good and affordable,gov. Schs are free and upto todays standard, Food is cheap and very fresh too their people are very nice and accomodating,we just relocated to enugu my morm complains everyday and wish she could work her posting back there, I miss d state too. I strongly recoment there for anyone. Goodmorning NL

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by akinlex(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
MANGAM: Akure is very cheap to live in too. Ilorin is the cheapest city I ve lived in
akure for where? e expensive die. only when i want to go and do my pds exam in akure FUTA.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=olaezebala]Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.[/quote

are u sure?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by mytym(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=enomakos][/quote]

that's very true...until recently recent one of the worst place to market generating set in Nigeria is Osogbo.
All things being equal, 18/20 hrs of power supply is guaranteed everyday. Even if there'll be (or there was) outage it will be announced at least 72hrs prior with the reason stated.

the announcement part as since been stopped few yrs back.

Courtesy National Control Centre phcn...Osogbo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=Bawsse]i cant find kaduna here... kaduna is fuc.king cheap...
[/quote

bro we are know that,but the fear of boko is the beginning of wisdom
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by nnamdiugwu(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Nsukka, the seat of the famous university, UNN is also cheap. #from-experience.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Malcolmx12: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: Ilorin is actually very cheap. With 100#, one can even make stew. grin
so so true i served (nysc) in ilorin. ...... Cheapest places I've been all my life.. .... Foodstuffs is very cheap.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
tsolz84: Bro;hope u know Fupre has moved to its permanent site on development of its main campus at Ugbomro,Uvwie Local Government Area?i dont knw abt houses @ Ugbomro;but it should be cheap;infact very cheap;bt the life there aint funfilld..Effurun is still closer to the campus;so u can get cheap accomodatns @ effurun;
I didn't know o! I live in Ondo, but chose the school due to abit of confusion.
Please can I pm you, so I can get your number to chat with you!
I'm a bit scared of the uncertainty of the situation I could encounter.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tyav7: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
Didn't see Makurdi
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
No worries bro;just give me a few days;am tied up @ work;i am going to find out more details abt fupre;all i know is;its a very good sch;never been dere b4 but i think i av frnds dat knws more abt the environs;c'mon;dont be scared bro;warri is a safe haven if u stay away 4rm keepin late nights and hanging out wit d wrong crowd..#cheers bro#
Elxandre:
I didn't know o! I live in Ondo, but chose the school due to abit of confusion.
Please can I pm you, so I can get your number to chat with you!
I'm a bit scared of the uncertainty of the situation I could encounter.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by drpialabi: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
The cheapest place i'v eva lived is d ancient town of oyo. Payed 92k for a four Bedroom apartment all en-suite n wt tiles, food also very cheap, constant power supply esp around low cost housing estate where i lived....................
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Kjking(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
kizbad: Many Nigerians grew up dreaming of living in Lagos or Abuja, which are known to be the most expensive cities in Nigeria. In reality, they can’t afford the cost of living in these cities because they come with high price tags. On the other hand, some Nigerians are looking for the cheapest cities to live in, places where our Naira will last a little longer, no matter their expenses.
Fortunately, there are cities that offer low cost of living with thriving economy, countless opportunities for investment and to earn money. The cities also offer laid back lifestyle, political stability and low cost housing.
Here are the 10 cheapest cities to live in Nigeria. These cities share one principal similarity, which is low cost of living.
Ikot Ekpene

Ikot Ekpene is known as the ‘Raffia City’, is situated in Akwa Ibom state. The city is famous for its commercial activities and raffia business. Ikot Ekpene is the regional centre of commerce; it is famous for its commercial activities where notable exports of palm products and ground crops come cheap. Housing is affordable as new apartment buildings have all the modern amenities. The city and its neighbouring areas are accessible with public transportation, which are cheap and plentiful.
Aba

Low-cost housing in Aba has become a strong incentive for those who relocate to this quiet and peaceful city in Abia State. Houses are affordable, even to those with a median household income. Aba is a popular destination in the Eastern part of Nigeria, major economic contributions such as textiles, plastics, cement, cosmetics has contributed to the city’s affordability repute. The city has the largest market in West Africa, Ariaria International Market and that is why Fashion-savvy and business people visit this city for exportation and importation of goods. Food is very cheap because of the numerous villages surrounding this city and transportation is very affordable. The city’s oil wells and natural gas repository has given the city an added energy, attracting business travellers and investors from around the world.
Ibadan

Ibadan is no longer that ancient city that was struggling to adapt to modernization. A visit to Ibadan would convince you that it is a place to inhabit when compared the cost of living in Lagos or other major cities. Every modern amenities and ritz in any modern city in Nigeria can be found in Ibadan. Many of the older buildings have been renovated and the city now has a matchless blend of modern and conservative. From upscale neighbourhood, vibrant nightlife to cheap transportation, the city has it all. The low housing cost and high quality living standard has attracted many people to relocate to the city.
Ikom

Ikom is actually a small town, rather than a city but it’s far more expansive and modern compared to some other Nigerian towns. It’s somewhat more lively and cheaper than you might otherwise expect. Modern development has started to creep in and the city has beautiful tourist attraction sites such as Nigeria’s Stonehenge called Ikom Monoliths, Afi rain forest, Ikom town beach and Agbokim Waterfall. The city has almost everything a Nigerian could want, from fresh foods to low cost housing and a peaceful environment. For more of a standard family lifestyle, you will be happy you to relocate to Ikom. Obudu Cattle Ranch is not very far from the town.
Ilorin

Prices for several things in Ilorin are cheaper than you can ever imagine. Ilorin is a blessed city with beautiful attractions, great educational facilities, natural resources, historical relics and health facilities for the residents. The city has no shortage of opportunities, the number of companies and businesses has boosted because the boundless business culture makes it an illustrious city for entrepreneurs and investors. Those who live here get anything they want since the city offers plenty ways to live cheaply. Housing is affordable, it is incredibly inexpensive to rent an apartment.
Onitsha

At the present, Onitsha is more urbanized compare to the ancient Onitsha where crime was once the order of the day. The city is located in Anambra State and has now become a residence to those who want to live in an exciting and vibrating city. Public transportation goes everywhere and makes getting around very easy. The city has undergone various developmental efforts and has become a more livable city, particularly for families. From low cost of living to cheap housing, Onitsha got it all for you.
Ile Ife

Ile Ife has many cultural sights and offer residents affordability of many things. Situated in Osun State, Ife is home to one of Africa’s largest ethnolinguistic groups and the famous the Natural History Museum of Nigeria and the Obafemi Awolowo University. The cost of living is cheap; abundant food and a sense of adventure is very widespread in the town. It is an entertaining place to call home and its becoming increasingly affluent with many successful businesses. The city is truly an amazing place to live, especially for young families.
Zaria

Zaria was formerly known as Zazzau, one city in the Northern Nigeria that is experiencing relative peace with no fear hanging in the air. It is the home of the largest university in Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello University and home to other famous schools in Nigeria. It is quiet and has lots of attractions sites like the Queen Amina Wall and other places. The cost of living in Zaria is very low. Goods and services are relatively affordable and transportation is cheap too. The city is an ideal place to live; the residents are rewarded with a interesting culture and low prices on everything they want.

- See more at:http://www.askranker.com/2014/07/10-cheapest-cities-to-live-in-nigeria.html
why are you using uyo pix as ikot ekpene.....
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
tsolz84: No worries bro;just give me a few days;am tied up @ work;i am going to find out more details abt fupre;all i know is;its a very good sch;never been dere b4 but i think i av frnds dat knws more abt the environs;c'mon;dont be scared bro;warri is a safe haven if u stay away 4rm keepin late nights and hanging out wit d wrong crowd..#cheers bro#
thanks bro!
now following you!

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
nnekamezor: 30yrs old men in a sch hmmmm, datz serious ooshocked
lol, go there na...u would see them, struggling with beards. U know that kind struggle wey be say if u look the face, u go know say na every morning shaving d guy go dey do.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Coldfeet(f): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.
Very true! In my opinion @op OSHOGBO should have been number one! I used the Lagos mentality to ask a tomato seller to give me tomatoes of #200 chineke! To say I was flabberwhelmed would be an understatement! The thing over plenty no be small, and like this poster rightly stated power supply is very good there.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie: lol, go there na...u would see them, struggling with beards. U know that kind struggle wey be say if u look the face, u go know say na every morning shaving d guy go dey do.
Hmmmm, nawa ooo...smileyi can imagine::|
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Lero15(m): 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: . Thank you dear
hbd, darling...
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Rexyl(m): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Borno state, two storey building now cost 200-250k, plot of land 15k, discussion continue cost 70k for borno grin , provided u will only drive it along borno, u must not take it to any other part of the Country, which place wan cheap pass that one for Nigeria. The only problem be say. ......(U know the problem already nah) don't need to say it here.

For rentage or the whole building? I am surprised!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by temzybabe(f): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lero15: hbd, darling...
. Thnx swts wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by NwaAnambra(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
onecola: Onitsha is cheap, a 3 bedroom cost about 120k to 300k,while a beer goes for #150(Hero), 180(Star) to #250 in regular joints. Transport fares still cost as low as #20,#30 for a drop in public in Onitsha, Okada collect #50 for short distances movement. With #150 one can still combine rice,bean,plantain and meat. For main market is there for all ur wade rope needs. Water is free in some places.
If by onitsha you mean obosi, nkpor nkwelle ezunaka, ogidi and so on, then onitsha is costly. 150# can't get you a decent plate of food. But in Lagos, depending on location 100# can feed you comfortably. bike can be very expensive when you equate cost with distance the areas I mentioned. Feeding is costly for the average salary earner. If you are on minimum wage, you must be forced to share flat with another.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by NwaAnambra(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
amacastel:

My der wen last did u travel to onitsha? Onitsha is the 4th most expensive city in the county after lag,abj and ph ther is no 120k flat in osha now even @ onitsha suburban like nkpor, awada, ogidi, nsugbe and nkwele the cheapest flat for old houses is 180k while new houses is around. 250k _ 300k as suburban that's abt 15k monthly places like omagba phase 1 is around 400k to 350k same with fegge ,odoakpu and other osha area for flat, cheapest bike now in osha is 100 naira @ list from nkpor junction to main market is 250-300 bike so with owere rd is 300_ 350 , cheapest bus fare to a treckable distance is 30 naira , cheapest mama put food in osha is 200naira a plate
Food stuff in osha is high even some part of lag is cheaper than osha unless u are buying in large quantity then u can get it cheaper
A bottle of beer in osha is 200 naira excep hero in some places dts 170 bt most hotel in osha sale beer 250_300 depending the area like G R A ,omagba phase 1 even some hotel @ nkpor .
A street shop @ osha is 8k_ 10k monthly while markt cost around 120k_ 600k depending the market

Nepa bills nko that 1 na wahala dy cos as am writing this my nepa bill dis month for 3bedrom flat is 5k without seeing the light ooo . 1 liter of fuel in osha is 105 naira and 1 liter of keroseen is 140naira

The only cheap thing in osha is cloths,shoes,bags,drugs,electronics, building materials and spare parts to some extent( toyota,honda,nissan,mercedes) for other types of car u are on ur own
Nb if u can live in osha u will adapt in any state cos osha is moderately high is not cheap @ all.
you nailed it. The bike own just tire me. From peoples club to Odume layout is 100 bucks, and to think it's a trekkable distance. the bike guys no even send you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by amanze15(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
tuffgongjo: Ilorin is not a cheap town,that is what outsider do believe,it is also not a town of opportunities because they are tribalistic$they aren't welcoming.
grew up in ilorin, I graduated from unilorin and am IGBO, my broda ilorin is cheap
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by MissSlimbody(f): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Dubby6: op abeg na 8 dey here oo..
Pls which state is ikom in
I think say places like borno go cheap pass now...Onitcha cheap?
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change
Ikom Iڪ in Cross river state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / New York Vs London / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.