Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (91830 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Standard007(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Eleganza33: Of cos it is! I was born nd brought up in aba Hardly wud u hear any bad news lyk in lagos nd tinx r cheap ther.

what of d osisikankwu era?!!!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by temmym4(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2014
dridowu: Ibadan, Idanre and Ijebu-Ode , three great cities i would love to live if the opportunity comes.

Idanre a CITY Bro are u kidding me?

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by richybanky(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2014
temzybabe: Ilorin is actually very cheap. With 100#, one can even make stew. grin

Hmmm....

Happy Birthday to u, LLAP... Enjoy ur day baby!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Mustapha111888(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=kizbad]Many Nigerians grew up dreaming of living in Lagos or Abuja, which are known to be the most expensive cities in Nigeria. In reality, they can’t afford the cost of living in these cities because they come with high price tags. On the other hand, some Nigerians are looking for the cheapest cities to live in, places where our Naira will last a little longer, no matter their expenses.
Fortunately, there are cities that offer low cost of living with thriving economy, countless opportunities for investment and to earn money. The cities also offer laid back lifestyle, political stability and low cost housing.
Here are the 10 cheapest cities to live in Nigeria. These cities share one principal similarity, which is low cost of living.
Ikot Ekpene

Ikot Ekpene is known as the ‘Raffia City’, is situated in Akwa Ibom state. The city is famous for its commercial activities and raffia business. Ikot Ekpene is the regional centre of commerce; it is famous for its commercial activities where notable exports of palm products and ground crops come cheap. Housing is affordable as new apartment buildings have all the modern amenities. The city and its neighbouring areas are accessible with public transportation, which are cheap and plentiful.
Aba

Low-cost housing in Aba has become a strong incentive for those who relocate to this quiet and peaceful city in Abia State. Houses are affordable, even to those with a median household income. Aba is a popular destination in the Eastern part of Nigeria, major economic contributions such as textiles, plastics, cement, cosmetics has contributed to the city’s affordability repute. The city has the largest market in West Africa, Ariaria International Market and that is why Fashion-savvy and business people visit this city for exportation and importation of goods. Food is very cheap because of the numerous villages surrounding this city and transportation is very affordable. The city’s oil wells and natural gas repository has given the city an added energy, attracting business travellers and investors from around the world.
Ibadan

Ibadan is no longer that ancient city that was struggling to adapt to modernization. A visit to Ibadan would convince you that it is a place to inhabit when compared the cost of living in Lagos or other major cities. Every modern amenities and ritz in any modern city in Nigeria can be found in Ibadan. Many of the older buildings have been renovated and the city now has a matchless blend of modern and conservative. From upscale neighbourhood, vibrant nightlife to cheap transportation, the city has it all. The low housing cost and high quality living standard has attracted many people to relocate to the city.
Ikom

Ikom is actually a small town, rather than a city but it’s far more expansive and modern compared to some other Nigerian towns. It’s somewhat more lively and cheaper than you might otherwise expect. Modern development has started to creep in and the city has beautiful tourist attraction sites such as Nigeria’s Stonehenge called Ikom Monoliths, Afi rain forest, Ikom town beach and Agbokim Waterfall. The city has almost everything a Nigerian could want, from fresh foods to low cost housing and a peaceful environment. For more of a standard family lifestyle, you will be happy you to relocate to Ikom. Obudu Cattle Ranch is not very far from the town.
Ilorin

Prices for several things in Ilorin are cheaper than you can ever imagine. Ilorin is a blessed city with beautiful attractions, great educational facilities, natural resources, historical relics and health facilities for the residents. The city has no shortage of opportunities, the number of companies and businesses has boosted because the boundless business culture makes it an illustrious city for entrepreneurs and investors. Those who live here get anything they want since the city offers plenty ways to live cheaply. Housing is affordable, it is incredibly inexpensive to rent an apartment.
Onitsha

At the present, Onitsha is more urbanized compare to the ancient Onitsha where crime was once the order of the day. The city is located in Anambra State and has now become a residence to those who want to live in an exciting and vibrating city. Public transportation goes everywhere and makes getting around very easy. The city has undergone various developmental efforts and has become a more livable city, particularly for families. From low cost of living to cheap housing, Onitsha got it all for you.
Ile Ife

Ile Ife has many cultural sights and offer residents affordability of many things. Situated in Osun State, Ife is home to one of Africa’s largest ethnolinguistic groups and the famous the Natural History Museum of Nigeria and the Obafemi Awolowo University. The cost of living is cheap; abundant food and a sense of adventure is very widespread in the town. It is an entertaining place to call home and its becoming increasingly affluent with many successful businesses. The city is truly an amazing place to live, especially for young families.
Zaria

Zaria was formerly known as Zazzau, one city in the Northern Nigeria that is experiencing relative peace with no fear hanging in the air. It is the home of the largest university in Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello University and home to other famous schools in Nigeria. It is quiet and has lots of attractions sites like the Queen Amina Wall and other places. The cost of living in Zaria is very low. Goods and services are relatively affordable and transportation is cheap too. The city is an ideal place to live; the residents are rewarded with a interesting culture and low prices on everything they want.

- See more at:http://www.askranker.com/2014/07/10-cheapest-cities-to-live-in-nigeria.html[Quite interesting to know]
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by sheddyboy: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2014
where is my beautiful city of maidugri, d list is incomplete.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by henrimoto(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Tbliss12:
Let the Governor help fashola out noooooow, by telling him how he play his game of constant supply of electricity
you no know where oshogbo dey,, if you know oshogbo, u no go compare oshogbo to lagos.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by kykhelomor(f): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2014
Ilorin is very cheap,but traders extort we unilorin stds by selling goods to us at high prices. Ile ife is also cheap to live.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by fineyemi(m): 11:09am On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.
U ar absolutely correct. Osogbo is d cheapest
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by joshrare(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Enugu, coal city
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by henrimoto(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Borno state, two storey building now cost 200-250k, plot of land 15k, discussion continue cost 70k for borno grin , provided u will only drive it along borno, u must not take it to any other part of the Country, which place wan cheap pass that one for Nigeria. The only problem be say. ......(U know the problem already nah) don't need to say it here.
bros, na so f ear take dey the place reach?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Horlawoomey(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2014
tuffgongjo: Ilorin is not a cheap town,that is what outsider do believe,it is also not a town of opportunities because they are tribalistic$they aren't welcoming.
. Don't generalize everything base on your own experience, people in Ilorin are very calm and welcoming, they don't even care to know where you are coming from so far you are not a nuisance you will enjoy your stay and do your legal business. Next time you are in Ilorin don't poke nose to what doesn't concern you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
MANGAM: Akure is very cheap to live in too. Ilorin is the cheapest city I ve lived in
Guy wot d Bleep are u smokin? akure is cheap? where u buy 1 pure for 10 naira, where u buy an mtn card at rate of 110? guy ibadan is cheaper dan akure far far
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by JEITO: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
If you call Onitsha a cheap city to live in, I can imagine how expensive other places would be.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 11:22am On Jul 14, 2014
I just cant imagine living outside Lagos, I'll be bored to death in weeks.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tobechika(f): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2014
I ve lived in Onitsha almost all my active life. It's damn cheap compared to Ph. With any amt of income, one can always survive.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Neldrizzy(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2014
i prefer 2 leave in sambisa forest.. Its very free and affordable with a good serene environment were you can watch Nigeria war film...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by tobechika(f): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2014
chucky234: I just cant imagine living outside Lagos, I'll be bored to death in weeks.
its been said that a great travelling garners wisdom. so ?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by BashBB: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Mrkuvuki: Yea onitsha is cheap,I grew up there ...where else can you get a 3Bedroom flat for 120K-220K?
Hian! e cost o! For adamawa u get a 3bedroom flat for 80-150 depending on d location sha
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2014
tobechika:
its been said that a great travelling garners wisdom. so ?
Angel travelling to garner to wisdom is quite different from relocating to a city because it is cheap to live in.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Lovable14(f): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Hw abt montisori sch, is it cheap?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Perfectbright: 11:36am On Jul 14, 2014
There is no complete truth in your statement
KAYCEEJUNIOR: ikom is in cross river

O.P the Cheapest place is Lagos oooo @ least with N50 you can buy rice, beans, plantain and pure water take quench am which is the basic necessity of life, unlike Onitsha where you go dey beg for without for N150.....you self fit see selcontain and miniflat to rent for lasgidi @ 80k and 100k depending on area eg Ijegun but for Onitsha omo....if you no get money for flat better look for person weh go give you room in a flat. The only thing cheap in Onitsha Anambra is cost of transportation is as good as cheap.....you can travel the whole 27 local govt with just N500 verrry cheap eh
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by onecola: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Onitsha is cheap, a 3 bedroom cost about 120k to 300k,while a beer goes for #150(Hero), 180(Star) to #250 in regular joints. Transport fares still cost as low as #20,#30 for a drop in public in Onitsha, Okada collect #50 for short distances movement. With #150 one can still combine rice,bean,plantain and meat. For main market is there for all ur wade rope needs. Water is free in some places.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Dubby6: op abeg na 8 dey here oo..
Pls which state is ikom in
I think say places like borno go cheap pass now...Onitcha cheap?
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change
cross river
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by iswallker(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sambisa for Borno State is very cheap... infact, accomodation is free here.. grin grin
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by emcemayo: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
So true about Zaria I schooled
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by sagio09: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
Me na only south I see not 9ja.she bi 9ja name dopn turn south ni.na only 1 north part I c(zaria),she bi north don finish ni.I smell tribalism. angry :-/
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by ugoezeik(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.
bro hw is buying of gen bn useless in present day naija. Y did U say so
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
MANGAM: Akure is very cheap to live in too. Ilorin is the cheapest city I ve lived in

Kpakam! You try...I regret not staying back in Ilorin after my youth service. Accomodation and foodstuffs are very cheap. If you come Warri, make you block me for Oneki beer parlor for some cold beer. Dial dis number: 080Area-hey! grin
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Chaleeee: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
I don't know why you all are looking for cheap cities to live in. Work hard, make money and every city in the world will be cheap to live in for you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
tsolz84: A thousand likes for this post !!GOD bless you bro;osogbo is my 2nd home;i served @ osogbo 2010 and belive me;i av never enjoyed my stay elsewhere in 9ja like i did @ osogbo..although warri is another cheap city to live in..#repping warri#
bros I'm going to Effuru, Warri next year to resume FUPRE.
How expensive is life there? What is accommodation cost like? Pls do reply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) / New York Vs London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.