Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,679 members, 7,955,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Pls I Need Mature Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need Mature Advice (2348 Views)

I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Please Nairalanders I Need Mature Advice / Keeping Malice At Home- Mature Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Mature Advice by nubian22(f): 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
i need advice from married people in the house, i and my guy are planning our traditional wedding next month but before i agreed to marry him, he made a promise that no lady will enter his apartment again that is from the day i agreed to marry him and our preparation is in progress. i was with him yesterday being Sunday in the house when the first lady called and i heard through the phone when she asked him to come and follow her to her sister's place at Lekki, he told her that he can't go with her and ended the call without letting the lady say any thing more maybe because i was around.
when i asked him, he said that the lady is his customer, that he was just being nice to the lady and she misunderstood his being nice, well i allowed that one to pass. the next person that called was his ex - girlfriend and this girl is the person that he said left him for another guy but since we started preparing from our wedding she has been calling and sending different kind of text to him,she said that she wanted to come and visit him and he told her not to come but she still came with one of her friend. we were inside the house when they came and he went to met them outside and they were like he should invite them inside and give them something to eat and so he invited them in and i had to leave the house from the back door and went to one of the neighbor's flat, there was no fuel in the house, he had to send somebody to get fuel for him because there was no light, he was trying to make them very comfortable knowing that i was not happy with their coming. now everybody including him is saying that i should have stood my ground because am the woman of the house that i shouldn't have left the house because i was in the other flat until they left, the lady i went to her house saw that i was not happy and when she asked me what it was i have already started crying, i was so heart broken and she was like all men are the same, she was telling me about her own husband who bought a lady to the compound inside one other guy's flat and one pastor that lives in the compound that slept with the wife's sister.
so when the girls left, he went to see them off and when he came back he was begging me but i was very angry and since yesterday that i left the house i have not spoken to him and he has not call because my phones are off. right now i don't know what to do because am like would he had done the same thing if he has already married me. pls i need advice from experienced people before talking to him, i don't want to talk to my family and friends about it, pls i need help before i make mistake of a life time.
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Tallesty1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
nubian22: but before i agreed to marry him, he made a promise that no lady will enter his apartment again that is from the day i agreed to marry him and our preparation is in progress.
. Seems like you guys are having trust issues but b4 I advice I'd like you to tell me why he had to make this promise b4 you accepted to marry him.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
nubian22: i need advice from married people in the house, i and my guy are planning our traditional wedding next month but before i agreed to marry him, he made a promise that no lady will enter his apartment again that is from the day i agreed to marry him and our preparation is in progress. i was with him yesterday being Sunday in the house when the first lady called and i heard through the phone when she asked him to come and follow her to her sister's place at Lekki, he told her that he can't go with her and ended the call without letting the lady say any thing more maybe because i was around.
when i asked him, he said that the lady is his customer, that he was just being nice to the lady and she misunderstood his being nice, well i allowed that one to pass. the next person that called was his ex - girlfriend and this girl is the person that he said left him for another guy but since we started preparing from our wedding she has been calling and sending different kind of text to him,she said that she wanted to come and visit him and he told her not to come but she still came with one of her friend. we were inside the house when they came and he went to met them outside and they were like he should invite them inside and give them something to eat and so he invited them in and i had to leave the house from the back door and went to one of the neighbor's flat, there was no fuel in the house, he had to send somebody to get fuel for him because there was no light, he was trying to make them very comfortable knowing that i was not happy with their coming. now everybody including him is saying that i should have stood my ground because am the woman of the house that i shouldn't have left the house because i was in the other flat until they left, the lady i went to her house saw that i was not happy and when she asked me what it was i have already started crying, i was so heart broken and she was like all men are the same, she was telling me about her own husband who bought a lady to the compound inside one other guy's flat and one pastor that lives in the compound that slept with the wife's sister.
so when the girls left, he went to see them off and when he came back he was begging me but i was very angry and since yesterday that i left the house i have not spoken to him and he has not call because my phones are off. right now i don't know what to do because am like would he had done the same thing if he has already married me. pls i need advice from experienced people before talking to him, i don't want to talk to my family and friends about it, pls i need help before i make mistake of a life time.

It seems you are aware of his female visitors to his apartment while dating him. Who are these visitors if i may ask? What relationships does he have with them?
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by ammyluv2002(f): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
first of all, delete all those stories your neighbor told you from your head. In life, being positive is the way out! Theres a lot of temptation that comes with marriage preparations especially from ex, in laws , friends etc but how you handle them matters. if i were you, i wont give him that condition not to let any lady into his house cause the most important thing is...how does he treat you in their presence? it doesnt make sense for him to tell his ex to leave because my fiancee is around though is not too good to keep your ex as friend but some people handle it well sha. please, forgive him and move on! dont let devil ruin your state of happiness, switch on your phone so he can reach. i believe he has learn from the whole thing.

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
First of all, I hope you have not broadcasted ur traditional marriage date... If yes, tell him if such happens next, you will break the marriage and next time, let him know how you feel as that will make him to be more responsible for his actions. He might be straight with you and just being nice to the ex and the friend. But to fix all loose ends, make sure you are there next time.

See, I would advice you move in with him so as to know what you will be in for and if not possible, TAG HIM.

BTW, you can now power your phone to hear his own side of the story.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apart from all these unnecessary visits, do you have any other reason to doubt his faithfulness?
And why exactly did you sneak out of the house? Was that his idea or yours?

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by orbis(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
This your guy has the guts to bring the other lady in and wants tp pass the blame on you. In other words, when you dont respect the one you love, then it could be a big issue. Talk to him severly and warn him about repeating such actions. If this is not nipped in the bud now, i foresee you coming back here after the marriage to tell us how he has been cheating on you. All the best dear.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by MizMyColi(f): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
Waow! Eleyi Gidi Gáàn

Hey Nubia, first off, I am not married, but please read on grin

While you've done your best to elucidate on certain points as it pertains issues you're currently having with your fiancee, I don't think it's enough for well meaning RomanceLanders to aid you in your decision making.

That is not to say that I expect you to say more. From your post, I could sense your fears. Besides you seem to have always known this part of Him, but have always tolerated. There are two things involved Sweeree smiley "He'll either get worse or get better". You know him better than anyone on this thread, now answer honestly to yourself, the statement above in quotes.

Lastly, I'll leave you with my all time favorite quote smiley "There is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the almighty gives him understanding" of what is right and wrong - of what to do and what not to do.

Nubia, the answers you seek lie within. You might need some alone time to figure it out. When you do, either positive or negative, please don't look back. wink

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by okirewaju(f): 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Switching off your phone does not solve the issue, it only prolong the time the issue will be resolved.

I wonder why you had to leave the house just because your fiance ex came for a visit, I personally think it is not a right move.

Ignore that neighbour, not all men cheat and I say this with all confidence. Like someone mentioned earlier, seems you both are having trust issues.

Both of you need to sit and talk this out.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by pickabeau1: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
I like your scriptural outlook on issues
MizMyColi: Waow! Eleyi Gidi Gáàn

Hey Nubia, first off, I am not married, but please read on grin

While you've done your best to elucidate on certain points as it pertains issues you're currently having with your fiancee, I don't think it's enough for well meaning RomanceLanders to aid you in your decision making.

That is not to say that I expect you to say more. From your post, I could sense your fears. Besides you seem to have always known this part of Him, but have always tolerated. There are two things involved Sweeree smiley "He'll either get worse or get better". You know him better than anyone on this thread, now answer honestly to yourself, the statement above in quotes.

Lastly, I'll leave you with my all time favorite quote smiley "There is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the almighty gives him understanding" of what is right and wrong - of what to do and what not to do.

Nubia, the answers you seek lie within. You might need some alone time to figure it out. When you do, either positive or negative, please don't look back. wink

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by kweenkong(f): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
My dear your first mistake was leaving the house for his lady friends . You would have stayed back and entertained them like the lady of the house you are and also let the lady know u are aware of their history. The confidence you display would have put a stop to the other ladies aspiration.

6 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by nubian22(f): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
before i met him there were so many ladies in his life then i refuse to ever kiss him not until we went for HIV test though he told me that he was not sleeping with all of them, i left the house because i was not happy and being the type of person i am, i can't fight any girl because over a guy and since we are not yet married he wants me to move in which am not going to do until after next month.
thanks to everyone that advised me i just on my phone and him called, he said he has been calling my line since last night well i want he to respect me, that was why i off my phone because i don't to take any kind of thing from him just because i want to get married because if i don't correct these things now that we are not married, he might still repeat it in marriage so that was why i off my phones, he even called my sister because he was worried, he was begging me to forgive him.
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by DukeNija(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
nubian22: before i met him there were so many ladies in his life then i refuse to ever kiss him not until we went for HIV test though he told me that he was not sleeping with all of them, i left the house because i was not happy and being the type of person i am, i can't fight any girl because over a guy and since we are not yet married he wants me to move in which am not going to do until after next month.
thanks to everyone that advised me i just on my phone and him called, he said he has been calling my line since last night well i want he to respect me, that was why i off my phone because i don't to take any kind of thing from him just because i want to get married because if i don't correct these things now that we are not married, he might still repeat it in marriage so that was why i off my phones, he even called my sister because he was worried, he was begging me to forgive him.

I wonder why and how a Woman will date and decide to marry a man with so many women in his life, even to the extent of taking an HIV test. Na waa O

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by egopersonified(f): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Op, there is nothing wrong with yr guy, u are d problem here, how dare u go into hiding in your fiance's house. So anything he tells u to do u will do, abi? Thats y he doesnt have any respect for you, u might be a good girl ohh, but u ve to set boundaries in any r/ship. Tmrr, that is how he would introduce u as his sister and u will not deny it, u better wake up.
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Some men sure do take the piss! And I think women allow it!

How can he allow his ex girlfriend he knows is interested in him that way to his house with you there?

That shows he has no respect neither does he hold you in high regards! That's a straight up red flag right there for me!

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by MizMyColi(f): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1: I like your scriptural outlook on issues
Thanks! Beau smiley

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Islie: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
OP u need to defend what you have and stop running away when any girl/lady comes to see your husband to be.....

U have your sixth sense that can show you the part to real realism about who ure spending your life with, who is going to be the father to your children, who is going to be the one your heart longs for, who is going to be the second person that will chase 'ten thousands with you'........ so use it and feel the space.

Lastly, know that you can't change a man just by a decree...... u change him just by making him see reasons why he suppose to change
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Islie: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThoniaSlim: Some men sure do take the piss! And I think women allow it!

How can he allow his ex girlfriend he knows is interested in him that way to his house with you there?

That shows he has no respect neither does he hold you in high regards! That's a straight up red flag right there for me!

but, she could have stayed and let them know who owns the house now.....
And she should stop listen to negative hear-say and let her mind and the being in her direct her steps

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by MizMyColi(f): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThoniaSlim: Some men sure do take the piss! And I think women allow it!

Spot on Sis. The guy even went as far as ordering for fuel shocked shocked Another Royal Red Flag wink

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by kreamidiva(f): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
ammyluv2002: first of all, delete all those stories your neighbor told you from your head. In life, being positive is the way out! Theres a lot of temptation that comes with marriage preparations especially from ex, in laws , friends etc but how you handle them matters. if i were you, i wont give him that condition not to let any lady into his house cause the most important thing is...how does he treat you in their presence? it doesnt make sense for him to tell his ex to leave because my fiancee is around though is not too good to keep your ex as friend but some people handle it well sha. please, forgive him and move on! dont let devil ruin your state of happiness, switch on your phone so he can reach. i believe he has learn from the whole thing.

I hope you won't ask questions like "was he like this when you were dating?"

Me,the insecurities and trust issues i have now in my marriage would have been averted if i had taken the bull by the horns and left while we were still dating.

Fiancee would have gone out with the op to meet the visitors at the gate and from there,they would jejely turn back and go home. Why is he still keeping her as a friend? Why would that one pay him a visit self? There was no light o. Fiancee didn't buy fuel for op but was running around to buy fuel and entertain his ex? shocked hian!

It's possible that the op's fiancee still has the hots for his ex and obviously,the chick is still into him.

You know him more than all of us here. Do what your mind tells you to do.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by blank(f): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
@ OP, My opinion is that you should have stayed back and hosted his visitors. That is what the lady of the house does. No one said you should fight anyone. It might have been his game plan so that the ex will see you there and start understanding that he is off the market. Some guys don't know how to be blunt and you should have helped him. A woman stands by her husband through whatever.

That being said, you need to sit down and have a hard discussion with your beau. It is not enough to set the rules, they have to be followed or there will be consequences. Talk to him about his lack of respect and ask him to make up his mind if it is you he really wants. I hope you have a strong base cos i can see that you are going to need it to remain married to this kind of person.

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
Islie:

but, she could have stayed and let them know who owns the house now.....
And she should stop listen to negative hear-say and let her mind and the being in her direct her steps

What do you mean by letting them know she owns the house? Is it her house? Is that how she wants to start a marriage?

It is not her job to keep them other ladies in check! The man should be able to do that! A man who truly loves and holds his woman in high regards, lets every other woman know she's his priority! If the tables were turned and it was her ex bf, I bet you the man would be crying blue murder! I guess cus its the woman, then that makes it ok! She's suppose to sit on her butt and happily take whatever crap the man throws at her! Anyway like I always say, guys dey look face before they pull such stunts!

A man would treat you the way you let him treat you. If you show him you've got no regards for yourself, then don't expect anything less!

8 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Islie: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
blank: @ OP, My opinion is that you should have stayed back and hosted his visitors. That is what the lady of the house does. No one said you should fight anyone. It might have been his game plan so that the ex will see you there and start understanding that he is off the market. Some guys don't know how to be blunt and you should have helped him. A woman stands by her husband through whatever.

That being said, you need to sit down and have a hard discussion with your beau. It is not enough to set the rules, they have to be followed or there will be consequences. Talk to him about his lack of respect and ask him to make up his mind if it is you he really wants. I hope you have a strong base cos i can see that you are going to need it to remain married to this kind of person.

spot on with the bolded point.....
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

What do you mean by letting them know she owns the house? Is it her house? Is that how she wants to start a marriage?

It is not her job to keep them other ladies in check! The man should be able to do that! A man who truly loves and holds his woman in high regards, lets every other woman know she's his priority! If the tables were turned and it was her ex bf, I bet you the man would be crying blue murder! I guess cus its the woman, then that makes it ok! She's suppose to sit on her butt and happily take whatever crap the man throws at her! Anyway like I always say, guys dey look face before they pull such stunts!

A man would treat you the way you let him treat you. If you show him you've got no regards for yourself, then don't expect anything less!

Wow!! Spot On!! I like you already!! We need more and more ladies that reason just like you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Islie: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

pls do go and read what the OP said in her write -up
u will see that he discourage his ex to come and visit him...... she said on several occassion she wanted to come but he sail NO,
but, she now decide to come with her friend thesame day she was arround..... thats why i said she should have stayed back.... and let them know she owns the house, she owns the mans heart, she is in controlangry

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by kreamidiva(f): 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
Well,i hope you are ready to fight and cry for the man you love for the rest of your married life.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
Islie:

u will see that he discourage his ex to come and visit him...... she said on several occassion she wanted to come but he sail NO,
but, she now decide to come with her friend thesame day she was arround..... thats why i said she should have stayed back.... and let them know she owns the house, she owns the mans heart, she is in controlangry

Oga you are even confusing yourself! How can he discourage the ex and she still came to the house? Please how do these two add up?

If that dude really discouraged his ex, she wouldn't even have the effrontery to go past the gate of his house! So please spare me all that yadi yadi yada.

5 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by kreamidiva(f): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Islie:

Isle, her fiancee would have turned them back at the gate.

He went out to meet them.

They asked him to let them in and give them food.

He let them in and had to send someone to go and buy fuel!

Inasmuch as i agree that op would have stayed back,i am also of the opinion that her fiancee should have acted accordingly by firmly insisting that his ex should go home.

It goes to show that his ex still has some hold on him.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Islie: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

Oga you are even confusing yourself! How can he discourage the ex and she still came to the house? Please how do these two add up?

If that dude really discouraged his ex, she wouldn't even have the effrontery to go past the gate of his house! So please spare me all that yadi yadi yada.

since u believe am giving you a yadi yada story.....i rest my case.....
But, just know.......... some women don't understand the word 'NO'
and
she did not only come herself...... she came with an escort
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by 5minsmadness: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
Brb
Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Mamaflex(f): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
Op ur guy just want to marry you because u are a good girl. He want to marry a good girl while he wil continue doin his thing(cheat) I think you are naive. He made dat promise because he want u to say yes to his marriage proposal not that he hv really changed from havin many girls. He claim he didt want the ex to come, he could not send them back frm the gate, they came in. There was no light which could have made them uncomfortable so dat they will leave, instead, he sent for fuel to make them comfortable. Pheew!! You wil only see more of this wen you marry him. He is beggin you now because he has not put the ring. After marriage, he wil not give a dam.Op use ur number 6.

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Mature Advice by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
DukeNija:

I wonder why and how a Woman will date and decide to marry a man with so many women in his life, even to the extent of taking an HIV test. Na waa O

SMH

I taya, I tell you angry
op, if I were you, I'll leave that relationship. How exactly is your marriage supposed to work if you never trusted your man to begin with?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's A Laundromat / I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. / 5 Categories Of Mothers And Where They Get To Spend Eternity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.