Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,488 members, 7,958,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) (4886 Views)

How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt / 25 Inspirational Quotes From 3 Idiots Movie / Almajiri pupils taking Lessons on a drainage in Northern Nigeria(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by mekuzee1(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2014
grin
reedbam: In 300 Rise of an Empire "after you screw a god warrior, he is just a man" grin
Dat was d only part I enjoyed in d movie....bt mehn d dude screwed d living soul out of d babe..
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by mekuzee1(m): 8:04am On Jul 15, 2014
reedbam: In 300 Rise of an Empire "after you screw a god warrior, he is just a man" grin
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Damyion(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2014
fyneboi79: Do I know ‎u I guess not grin

Abeg follow canal loss!!
hehe... E pain am
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Krak(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2014
zube01: ....o yes he did achieve his aim! What about his wife and kids? Hope u saw how they suffered defeat? Try to read up what happened to Sparta in the long run! Aside From the films...Sparta perished asin they fell! U know what caused it? Pride!

I know what happened to him just like I know what happened to the Almighty Persian Empire. I hope you know that one of the reason why the western society and democracy is alive today is because of this man and his actions.

Plus the Spartans were never defeated as a direct result of his actions, rather his death led to unity among his people and prepared them for the coming assault which they won resoundingly.

Plus the reason why Sparta eventually fell was not because of pride or war but for strictly political and social reasons. Again all systems are bound to either die with time or evolve, that is called change.
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by zube01(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2014
Krak:

I know what happened to him just like I know what happened to the Almighty Persian Empire. I hope you know that one of the reason why the western society and democracy is alive today is because of this man and his actions.

Plus the Spartans were never defeated as a direct result of his actions, rather his death led to unity among his people and prepared them for the coming assault which they won resoundingly.

Plus the reason why Sparta eventually fell was not because of pride or war but for strictly political and social reasons. Again all systems are bound to either die with time or evolve, that is called change.
obviously what u call political and social reasons are what I call pride! It was the battle of luectra that brought part of their downfall where they used slaves to fight!
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by seankafor(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2014
acenazt: you didn't watch the Part 2
OK I WILL BUY IT BUT BEFORE I BUY IT..WAT HAPENED THEIR? BE SKETCHY
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Krak(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2014
zube01: obviously what u call political and social reasons are what I call pride! It was the battle of luectra that brought part of their downfall where they used slaves to fight!

How about the Persians and other bigger and more powerful kingdoms that use slaves to fight?

Using slaves to fight is not necessarily pride but is a norm among the powers. And whats wrong in having pride in yourself?

The Chinese and Japanese are proud, the British and Americans are proud. Everybody has pride in them.
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2014
Lordabas:
You mean quotes like, ''There is only one way to become champion: Never f**king lose.''
or
"Words fall from your mouth as sh*t from ass." cheesy
"Brother let's break words" or "put the arse to purpose and ‾̴̴͡͡‾̴̴͡͡ pockets filled with gold"
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by zube01(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2014
Krak:

How about the Persians and other bigger and more powerful kingdoms that use slaves to fight?

Using slaves to fight is not necessarily pride but is a norm among the powers. And whats wrong in having pride in yourself?

The Chinese and Japanese are proud, the British and Americans are proud. Everybody has pride in them.
hey! I didn't mean using slaves to fight is pride! That wasn't what I meant!
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Krak(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2014
zube01: hey! I didn't mean using slaves to fight is pride! That wasn't what I meant!

Ok. I get you sha.
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by lorRhyMeZ: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2014
seankafor: BUT THE FILM DIDNT END WELL.ALL THE 300 SPARTANS DIED (STARTS CRYING)

Go and watch its continuation called 300:rise of an empire..released dis year...d film maddddd!
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by lorRhyMeZ: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2014
Austeenx: `
300: Rise of an empire.
Me love that movie from the bottom of me heart!!!

Seconded! Dat movie was madht!
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Meister(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2014
dejt4u: If you'v nt watched "meet the spartan"..believe me, you'v nt watch the real "300"

meet the spartans na stupidity at its summit
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by reedbam: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2014
mekuzee1: grin Dat was d only part I enjoyed in d movie....bt mehn d dude screwed d living soul out of d babe..
and I enjoyed the after-screw part "my answer is still 'No' " grin
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by acenazt: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2014
seankafor: OK I WILL BUY IT BUT BEFORE I BUY IT..WAT HAPENED THEIR? BE SKETCHY
the part 2 showed how the war started,the reason xerxes invaded sparta. His father cyrus was killed by an athenian general who shot him before xerxes' eyes. The commander of the Persian navy who is a greek woman made xerxes a god then made him attack greece(Sparta,Athens n d rest) but the attenians were tactically superior to d persian might. And when all hope was lost the spartans stepped in and with d combined greek force,the persian navy was annihilated. Watch out for part 3
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by psychologist(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
That illuminatic movie

M out
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Philipsdael(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
zube01: Well op what happened to d Spartan King Leonidas at the long run? If he had listened if only he had removed pride! Hope u know that what happened to him wouldn't have happened?
I'll rather be a dead Simba than to be a street Skoobi-doo
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Karleb(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
reedbam: and I enjoyed the after-screw part "my answer is still 'No' " grin

I tell you.

E pain the girl like mad, she come draw sword.

I also liked it when she said "you fight harder than you fucck".
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by zube01(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Philipsdael:
I'll rather be a dead Simba than to be a street Skoobi-doo
...in other words?
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by reedbam: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Karleb:

I tell you.

E pain the girl like mad, she come draw sword.

I also liked it when she said "you fight harder than you fucck".
hehe self-denial, the screw that the masked guards were awed grin
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Philipsdael(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2014
zube01: ...in other words?
Its honourable to die being a freedom-fighter
than to live and die one-day as an unknown-slave.
In other words....
Die like a lion than be a street dog.
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2014
missdebs: coming soon.....quotes from spartacus on leadership and bleeping skills
LMFAO
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by zube01(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Philipsdael:
Its honourable to die being a freedom-fighter
than to live and die one-day as an unknown-slave.
In other words....
Die like a lion than be a street dog.
everybdy wants to die a honourable death! But that's contrary to my argument!
Re: Quotes From '300' Spartans And Lessons About Personal Development (MUST READ) by opportunist: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
zube01: ....o yes he did achieve his aim! What about his wife and kids? Hope u saw how they suffered defeat? Try to read up what happened to Sparta in the long run! Aside From the films...Sparta perished asin they fell! U know what caused it? Pride!
. Bros no civilisation lasts 4 eva, take note.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Work Of God (amazing Mathematics Trick!) God Is So Wonderful / 10 Most Attractive Men’s Hairstyles - Best Haircuts For A University Student / Nigeria: Finally Snow Falls In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.