Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,321 members, 7,957,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times (30017 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers / Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Trust me dude;you dont wana do this..if you ever quote me again;i'm going to show you how meaningless peeps act on NL..i'll pretend like i didnt see the garbage you spewed;but for the sake of next time;dont quote me again mofo..so kindly act like you never saw my comment and run along;boy...
p2t2r: lol..see who's talking about meaningful, you think this thing you said is meaningful
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by folahann(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2014
@OP you tried with your list. Don't mind them, only that 2shotz and Ikechukwu no get business for that list.
Why is nobody mentioning Naeto C here. Even if he no enter top 10.

igwedaboss:

Obviously u only focusing ur attention to his commercial music.. he has some real gud rap music

I agree with you 100%, most people here are just focusing on Olamide's most popular songs. The dude is got very good rap songs but he's mostly known for those commercial ones.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 16, 2014
You are right not to include ice cox the dude aint even a lyricist!he "might" be a rapper bt definitely not a lyricist..but hey bro you dont hav to rate a lyricist by the no of albums dropped..i'm still not in support of the inclusion of 2shots..my gawd;the niccah aint even a rapper bro..and pls you dont have to sound pained that someone opposed the list you dropped..it's calld-"criticism"..pls take the dumb nitwits-ikechukwu and 2shots off the list..
truGambit:
Phyno is a new artiste....has he dropped more albums than any of the niggas listed.he is Gud...prolly the best now....but playa,a true lyrical genius has to repeat itself...no one hit/album wonder
....ice prince didn't even make my cut.....so think about the lyrical depth n strength here.....n this isn't a list for just one year...its of all times......n by d way...do gud to drop ur list
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by DharkPoet(m): 9:36am On Jul 16, 2014
No Khali Abdul, No Boogey? I'll pass. Danke
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Bawsse(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2014
PETERANDRE:

its love joint and not love jones bro.

who is this one undecided..... he is correct ''LOVE JONES"
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Leetunechi: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2014
Dopestfiend:

blockhead stop showing your ignorance on a public forum. simple Google search will have cured your stupidity.

i asked a simple question...all what you could do was to insult? undecided

i might not take this nonsence from you next time.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2014
Am forced to quote you again my niccah..for once;u spoke my mind.. grin *erigga is pure dop.e..street punchlines;street flows*..
p2t2r: Well, that's for you. Here is my own list.

10) Erigga
9) Erigga
cool Erigga
7) Erigga
6) Erigga
5) Erigga
4) Erigga
3) Erigga
2) Erigga
1) Mr Erigga a.k.a paper boi.

Even him good morning na punch line grin

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Missmossy(f): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2014
Mode nine is simply d.o.p.echeesy Jesse jagz raps like he is on drugs! IMO anyway.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 16, 2014
smiley
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by lorRhyMeZ: 9:56am On Jul 16, 2014
My top ten lyricist from naija at the moment would b...
10.Golden from DBDB 2013
9.Snowflake tha Magnificient
8.Jason of Choc city
7.Prometh..winner of DBDB 2013
6.Olamide
5.Eva
4.Vector
3.Jesse jags
2.Phyno
1.Modo

Most of these guys aint popular buh they r badht.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by haymoney01(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2014
Why is Ikechukwu doing on that list
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by overhypedsteve(m): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2014
Bullshyt, were is 2baba the inspirational singer, abi na only people wey dey rap,
" i shoot my haters"
i drive two ferrari" na only dem be lyricist abi, pple wey dey make sence nor be lyricist.
Anyhow men, nothing dey happen" one love brother"
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Neldrizzy(m): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit: Deciphering lyrics n cracking punchlines have always been one fascination for me. Most people sit n listen to music just for the beat n catchy jingle like lyrics....nahh....none of those crapy ish, commercial BS for me....
Once upon a tym,it used to b all foreign hip hop krooners;nas,Talib kwali, common, the notorious , immortal techniquetupac ,a tribe called quest, bone thugs n harmony , mos def,(now I CNT even remember some names).....
These cats dropped punchlines n murdered beats faster than assassins on a killing spree. A pure blend of fiery word play,sick punchlines, braggadicio , n sher genius is wat u get whenever u press play.
Over the years hip hop has evolved in Nigeria. Though a lot of wack emcees have also emerged(wudnt call names to avoid wahala)....some real emcees have kept their own.some made It to d mainstream,some remained underground .These rappers in more ways than none have over time caught our ears with their genius lyrics, crazy lines n freestyles.....here's a list of my favourite 9ja lyricist of all tyms.pls feel free to drop ur own list .

10:six-foot-plus
9.overdose
8.2shortz
7.ikechukwu aka killz
6.olamide
5.M.I
4.Jesse jagz
3.vector tha piper
2.terry tha rapman
1.mode nine

No disrespect bro.. If you called Olamide a hip hip artists then yu must be joking, if he made the list then iceprince, should be there.. ( am a hug fan of olamide) where is Khali Abdul, Loose kaynon, yung6ix, poe, phenom . i need answers pls

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Leetunechi: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Dopestfiend:

who give a fvck....

i dont knw why you are so pained

u beta dont quote me again
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igbsam(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Mode 9
Jesse Jagz
Erigga
Young 6
Reminisce
M.I
Vector
Terry tha Rapman
Over Dose
Ruggedman

Bonus: Olamide, Phyno, Eva (One of the realest female rapper eva from naija)

These are my picks
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by kaybee88(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Where is SDC
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2014
folahann: @OP you tried with your list. Don't mind them, only that 2shotz and Ikechukwu no get business for that list.
Why is nobody mentioning Naeto C here. Even if he no enter top 10.

I agree with you 100%, most people here are just focusing on Olamide's most popular songs. The dude is got very good rap songs but he's mostly known for those commercial ones.
finally.. some1 who sees what other ppl don't see. A non-crowd follower.. pardon my french
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by IamforGod: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Pls where is phenom?

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Leetunechi: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2014
Dopestfiend:

what you gonna do of I quote you fvckhead, are you gonna caplock me to death. fvck off loser.

stewpidity has completely taken over you

such a pity cry
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by egesie(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2014
Olamide and 2 Shot shouldn't be on that list.
All Lyricists are rappers but not all rappers are lyricists
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Rashdimuh(m): 10:30am On Jul 16, 2014
Jesse jaggz should be in the top 3 with vector and modo, louis is enjoying replays on my phone
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by AbuMikey(m): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2014

10) Erigga
9) Erigga
cool Erigga
7) Erigga
6) Erigga
5) Erigga
4) Erigga
3) Erigga
2) Erigga

lwkmd....

true sha

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by DesChyko: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2014
I'll go with..
1. V.E.C.
2. Jesse Jagz.
3. Phyno
4. Sauce Kid.
5. Others.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by tonididdy(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2014
@op must a lyricist be a rapper...if No...then

wande coal does it for me #donjazzy lost a priceless gem big time

my all time favorite will be ''PLAN b''

http://www..ng/2014/02/03/music-wande-coal-plan-b/
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Suarezilla(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2014
If my name no dey there then that list isn't Correct! Pls don't quote me or......
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by miketayo(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2014
why is M.I on the list undecided ..
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by tonididdy(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2014

10) Erigga
9) Erigga
cool Erigga
7) Erigga
6) Erigga
5) Erigga
4) Erigga
3) Erigga
2) Erigga

true definition of a flexible lyricist.

mode nine is just too western hardcore that's why dude is broke still

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Greenbuoy(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2014
N o n s e n s e
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by ChynoBEATS: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2014
-------------SMH------------10: six-foot-plus
9.overdose undecided
8.terry tha rapman :-O
7. 2shortz :-)
6.Dis_guise / Naughty Pin / cashino
5.Gino / Cartiair /Rugged Man
Uhm .... 4. Eddie Remedy "oop's sorry I mean JESSE Jagz " / Ice prince cheesy
3.vector / ill bliss
2.mode nine "Mxcheww" / C_hynoBEATz cheesy
1. M.I (ok_yeah... Sssh stop Doubtin) ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 / Top 10 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time / Naira Marley’s 'Soapy' Ranked Most Played Song In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.