Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times (29760 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers / Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by spenx084(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Young6 or Erigga opt to be on that list.....
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2014
Nonsense! There is hardly any reigning musician in Nigeria that has good lyrics. What you call lyrics can best be described as rhymes. Take one of Timaya's lines, for example,
" leave me make I fill my glass,
me and you no dey the same class,
Holy Ghost dey by my side and him carry big cutlass." In that line, you will notice "s" in glass, class and cutlass. These words don't correlate in the song. In fact they are meaningless.
Remove the names on that list and put: Ebenezer Obey, I. K. Dairo, Osita Osadebe, Rex Lawson, Orlando Owoh, Ayinla Omowura, Bill Friday, Morocco Maduka, etc.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by hakeem4(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2014
M.I is better than mode9 cause M.I is more versertile
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by imustsaymymindo: 11:54am On Jul 16, 2014
2shotz ke!overdose bawo! My top nigerian lyricist are Asha,Lagbaja,Bez,cobhams and darey. I dont know when only rappers can be lyricists. Stupid lyrics with no good message nor concept they(top ten) all have.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by HYBREED(m): 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bro...nice write up but if you really are a rap person and likes underground rap,you will know olamide is not suppose 2 be on that list. Modo,jesse jagz superb choice. Have u ever listened to base one,syko,terry da rap man,loose kaynon,reminisce.u will understand. Its deeply rooted.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
snowland: I disagree. Obesere nko? wink wink wink
dnt mind the OP..e don smoke igbo!!!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by swaystunna(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Sinzu
Showdemcamp
Boogey

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by oluamid(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
PETERANDRE:

its love joint and not love jones bro.

You are the one who got it wrong. It's "Love Jones" not "Love Joint"
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Abbey2sam(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
chaberry: If Phyno isn't there the list is BullShlt

life nah turn by turn, he will make my list next year. .....ok
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Jinyjagz(m): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
lyk criously u ikechukwu? dat one Na rapper ? I prefer edris abdulkareem pass am
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Abbey2sam(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
I think the op should choose a genre and list the best lyricist in that genre.........

cuz I think everything is getting mixed up
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Daninoxy: 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
1. Mode 9
2. Da GRIN
3. Erriga
4. Jesse Jagz
5. M.I
6. Phyno
7. Terry D Rapman
8. V.E.C.T.O.R
9. Boogey
10. Yung Six

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by shadowwalker101: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by juzzychuks(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit:
Phyno is a new artiste....has he dropped more albums than any of the niggas listed.he is Gud...prolly the best now....but playa,a true lyrical genius has to repeat itself...no one hit/album wonder
....ice prince didn't even make my cut.....so think about the lyrical depth n strength here.....n this isn't a list for just one year...its of all times......n by d way...do gud to drop ur list
I totally disagree with u, Nas' first album Illmatic won a grammy, and since then he's been seen as a rap genius.. undecided
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Fayrouzz(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
1 Jesse Jagz
2 Mode 9
3 Vector
4 MI
5 Boogey
6 Sinzu
7 Phenom
8 Yung6ix
9 Loose K
10 Terry d rapman
Buh Jagz is the greatest!!

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Tee99(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ehm... Where is illbliss n Dagrin if d title of d topic is truely "...OF ALL TIME" (alive or dead)
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by kaybee88(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
imustsaymymindo: 2shotz ke!overdose bawo! My top nigerian lyricist are Asha,Lagbaja,Bez,cobhams and darey. I dont know when only rappers can be lyricists. Stupid lyrics with no good message nor concept they(top ten) all have.

olodo u don't know the meaning of lyricist.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by rigarmortis: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Nonsense! There is hardly any reigning musician in Nigeria that has good lyrics. What you call lyrics can best be described as rhymes. Take one of Timaya's lines, for example,
" leave me make I fill my glass,
me and you no dey the same class,
Holy Ghost dey by my side and him carry big cutlass." In that line, you will notice "s" in glass, class and cutlass. These words don't correlate in the song. In fact they are meaningless.
Remove the names on that list and put: Ebenezer Obey, I. K. Dairo, Osita Osadebe, Rex Lawson, Orlando Owoh, Ayinla Omowura, Bill Friday, Morocco Maduka, etc.

true talk
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by MissLirusehn(f): 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
Where is my boyfriend Phyno?? smiley
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
igwedaboss:

Tales of the pots.. mad jam, reminds me of his song Cry.. from Malcolm IX to pentium IX, El plaribus till date modo till the best lyricist..

You puttin Jesse ahead of MI shows u a gud listener of rap music... Buh for 2shotz and killz, I'm not too sure, reminisce and Mr. Raw can replace them. But aside that the list looks real good to me.. Gud job dawg
Thanks playa....well noted...wud need ur input on my next listing....
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
hayoakins: I only came to check if Modenine made the first position, else; i would have called 911 for you grin

No need to dawg grin
Mode nine comes first second and third....lol

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
tsolz84: Hey dude;pls try and listen to tracks like--"Swange;E don do me;That meaningless rap song ;Ainya;I Am;Fake people;Carry Go etc.."..thank me later

Dude....u r a true lyricist.six foot plus is a legendary story teller....but these new kids wuddnt know having been introduced to rap by phyno n olamide.......

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
PETERANDRE:

its love joint and not love jones bro.
Davinci mode track 18 love Jones
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Walspring: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit:

Word.your drugs like that.got a few mode nine songs for u....songs that never had air play but real dope

1.regular guy
2.love Jones
3.tales of the pots
4.Ogun isoye
5.360 poetry

At bolded.. That track madt gan, i could remember that some years ago when he said inside the track that one of the guy went to juju man to collect charm in order to know book...
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Neldrizzy: No disrespect bro.. If you called Olamide a hip hip artists then yu must be joking, if he made the list then iceprince, should be there.. ( am a hug fan of olamide) where is Khali Abdul, Loose kaynon, yung6ix, poe, phenom . i need answers pls

Olamide has dropped real hip hop joints.here're a few for u to download:
1.voice of the street
2.industreet ft reminesce(who didn't make my list,lacks consistency)
3.lights in the air ft buckwylla
They didn't have commercial airplay but check out the lyrical contents brah
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by pankere(m): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Good list i must admit. But im disappointed not seeing Reminisce name on that list.Olamide has the hype and swag but Reminisce's lyrics and punch lines are 5 star i tell ya.No other indigenous rapper comes close

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
pankere: Good list i must admit. But im disappointed not seeing Reminisce name on that list.Olamide has the hype and swag but Reminisce's lyrics and punch lines are 5 star i tell ya.No other indigenous rapper comes close

Apparently too many peeps r feeling reminesce .....I don't doubt his lyrical skills....prolly pay more attention to him
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by oparahchi(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
You forgot to mention VIC-O.

Ahahahahahahahha!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
oparahchi: You forgot to mention VIC-O.

Ahahahahahahahha!

O boy ....Vic.O y evils......worst rap song ever....like wat was that nigga smoking....
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by swankylay(m): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
Personally I disagree with 8-9-10. I see why Boogie and Phenom shouldnt be in this list. Even young6 can struggle to enter . like I said, personally
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by truGambit(m): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
runzlord: abeg no spoil my morning and move MI TO number 2 hw can a rasterfaran be better than a rapper. and vector? dont get me wrong listen to all these rappers I listen too all their songs. mi vec mode 9. phyno olamide even if I dont understand any launguage. if u tell me vector is not good I can argue with u that he is indeed very very good. but haba MI is the best. but pple do not listen to him then therefore hate him. the op just put his name there cos he know we would ask. ask the op how many mi songs he knows. It will not pass the popular ones. u just wake up one morning and drop ur useless opinon

Dude y bite urself?m.I aint as drug as Jesse or modo....as for knowing only the popular songs....I don't have to prove anything.....n as for "useless opinion".......really?mode 9's "regular guy" is a clear reason y he is at d top of my list....
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by imustsaymymindo: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
kaybee88:

olodo u don't know the meaning of lyricist.
musician with good lyrics nau

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Classic 50 Songs": 9ice Releases 50 Track Album / Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? / The Word SHOKI Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.