Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

African Kings - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Kings (28430 Views)

Pictures Of Great African Kings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
juman:

But what of those kings that have been on the throne for decades?

They became kings when nigeria was far better country but they were part of the rot that destroyed the country.
First of all I do not see the country as being "destroyed". The fact is we have developed in many areas since independence. Education, infrastructure, healthcare - all have improved in the last 50 odd years. And today we stand as Africa's largest economy with an economic growth rate of 7% per annum and an expanding middle class, an expanding manufacturing base, and agriculture seeing its biggest boom in half a century. Even the railways are being revamped after 30 years of neglect by the military. So there are things to be cheerful and hopeful about.
Re: African Kings by mcfynest(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
mcfynest:

ok, your theory sounds convincing, but you didn't mention how these great feat wasnt passed to younger generations. was it memory loss or was it prophesy or its just like the lost city of Atlantis

You leaving this behind!
Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
mcfynest:

You leaving this behind!
Why don't you do a bit of research to answer your own questions? Aren't you educated or aren't you an African?
Re: African Kings by mcfynest(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Rossikki: Why don't you do a bit of research to answer your own questions? Aren't you educated or aren't you an African?

Maybe i want to know what you know. The info we need is in the bible
Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
I was banned by spambot from Culture Section for reasons I know not. But now that I am free, let me take the time to reply.

Rossikki:

THE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE

Note: All of Africa South of the Sahara was known to the ancient Greeks as ''Ethiopia''.

So? what does that prove?

It can even apply to Sudan ,etc.

In fact it mainly applied to SUdan and Ethiopia since the explorers rarely ventured into SUb-Saharan Africa which was filled with hostile tribes, Tse-Tse flies, new diseases to which they had no immunity, etc.

Greek historian Diodorus Siculus. From his own statements we learn that he traveled in Egypt around 60 BC. His travels in Egypt probably took him as far south as the first Cataract.

"They (the Ethiopians) say also that the Egyptians are colonists sent out by the Ethiopians, Osiris ["King of Kings and God of Gods] having been the leader of the colony . . . they add that the Egyptians have received from them, as from authors and their ancestors, the greater part of their laws."

Ethnic Origin Myth/Legend. It is possible that it may have significance in pre-evolutionary phases. but its not documented facts. Its just like me saying today "They, the Jukun of Taraba say that their ancestors came from Yemen and travelled to Taraba in 1200 AD and established the Wukari Kingdom."

Osiris is a God anyways so this myth is highly doubtful.

Diodorus's declared intention to trace the origins of the cult of Osiris, alias the Greek Dionysus also commonly known by his Roman name Bacchus. The Homeric Hymn "To Dionysus" locates the birth of Dionysus in a mysterious city of Nysa "near the streams of Aegyptus" (Hesiod 287). Diodorus cites this reference as well as the ancient belief that Dionysus was the son of Ammon, king of Libya (3.68.1), and much of Book 3 of the Bibliotheka Historica is devoted to the intertwined histories of Dionysus and the god-favored Ethiopians whom he believed to be the originators of Egyptian civilization. [emphasis added]

(1st century B.C., Diodorus Siculus of Sicily, Greek historian and contemporary of Caesar Augustus, Universal History Book III. 2. 4-3. 3)

King of Libya or Ethiopia? DIonysus is a God again. so the Gods were generally placed by their presence on far-off or unreachable areas. For example, the Gods were said to dwell on Mount Olympus. This does not mean they literally lived there.

Are you now claiming that Greeks originated in Egypt as well. Nonsense. I dont see you any different from christians and muslims claiming we all originated in the Garden of Eden in Babylon and are descended from 2 israelite ancestors: Adam & Eve.

Diodorus devoted an entire chapter of his world history, the Bibliotheke Historica, or Library of History (Book 3), to the Kushites ["Aithiopians"] of Meroe. Here he repeats the story of their great piety, their high favor with the gods, and adds the fascinating legend that they were the first of all men created by the gods and were the founders of Egyptian civilization, invented writing, and had given the Egyptians their religion and culture. (3.3.2).

Legends, myths , personal opinion of an explorer. Devoid of facts. The only thing i disbelieve here is that Egyptians were first of all men.

AS for Meroe, it is close to the Nile and in North Sudan near Egypt. It is near present-day Nubian Areas so this part is believable and no one is disputing it.

THe Nubians and Egyptians have always had a close relationship. I wouldnt be surprised if they branched out from the same source.

"Now they relate that of all people the Aithiopians [Ethiopians] were the earliest, and say that the proofs of this are clear. That they did not arrive as immigrants but are the natives of the country and therefore rightly are called authochthonous is almost universally accepted. That those who live in the South are likely to be the first engendered by the earth is obvious to all. For as it was the heat of the sun that dried up the earth while it was still moist, at the time when everything came into being, and caused life, they say it is probable that it was the region closest to the sun that first bore animate beings".

Commentaries and sayings. I dont understand of what significance is this to our current discussion?

Diodorus continues:

"They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifices among the Aithiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity,"

ok......so?

Gods were being worshiped since stone age.

"The Aithiopians [Ethiopians] say that the Egyptians are settlers from among themselves and that Osiris was the leader of the settlement.The customs of the Egyptians, they say, are for the most part Aithiopian, the settlers having preserved their old traditions. For to consider the kings gods, to pay great attention to funeral rites, and many other things, are Aithiopian practices, and also the style of their statues and the form of their writing are Aithiopian. Also the way the priestly colleges are organized is said to be the same in both nations. For all who have to do with the cult of the gods, they maintain, are [ritually] pure: the priests are shaved in the same way, they have the same robes and the type of scepter shaped like a plough, which also the kings have, who use tall pointed felt hats ending in a knob, with the snakes that they call the asp (aspis) coiled round them."

Since Ethiopians are being referred to as the inhabitants of Meroe (North Sudan), it is very possible.

This has nothing to do with Sub-Saharan Africa.

"There are also numerous [size=18pt]other[/size] Aithiopian tribes [i.e. besides those centered at Meroe]; some live along both sides of the river Nile and on the islands in the river, others dwell in the regions that border on Arabia [i.e. to the east], others again have settled in the interior of Libya [i.e. to the west]. The majority of [size=18pt]"these"[/size] tribes, in particular those who live along the river, have black skin, snub-nosed faces, and curly hair".

(Diodous Siculus, Bibliotheke, 3. Translated by Tomas Hagg, in Fontes Historiae Nubiorum, vol. II: From the Mid-Fifth to the First Century BC (Bergen, Norway, 1996))

[size=18pt]NOW he is referring to other African Tribes (non-Nubian/Egyptian).[/size] These tribes are obviously the ancestors of todays Nuba's of Korodofan, DInka, Nuer and other Nilotes, Fura, etc.

It is a well - known fact that the Nile extends all the way into South Sudan.

Do you even know that there exists 2 Niles? Nil Abyad and Nil Azraq?

Note: he said Majority. There is a minority of different features as well. Possibly ancestors of Beja, other Baggara tribes, etc.

Aristotle (384-322 B.C.E.) Greek philosopher, scientist, and tutor to Alexander the Great.

Aristotle is said to have written 150 philosophical treatises.

"Too black a hue marks the coward as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians and so does also too white a complexion as you may see from women, the complexion of courage is between the two."

(Physiognomics, Vol. VI, 812a)

what does he mean by "marks the coward"? why the difference in colour between man and woman? How can 1 ethnicity have 2 colours?

This is either a double-meaning saying or the existence of different racial groups. In this case I think its more of the former.

Aristotle makes reference to the hair form of Egyptians and Ethiopians: "Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because the bodies of living creatures become distorted by heat, like logs of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations, and curliness is as it were crookedness of the hair."

(Physiognomics, Book XIV, p. 317)

There is no mention of skin -colour here.

Modern-day Egyptians, Yemeni Arabs , Berbers, Tuareg , etc., all have curly hair.
Doesnt prove anything. As mentioned by Aristotle here, it is possibly natural adaptation or a coincidental genetic condition or both. Infact the type of curliness varies, all the way upto the Levant.

The evidence of Lucian (Greek writer, 125 B.C.) is as explicit as that of the previous writers. He introduces two Greeks, Lycinus and Timolaus, who start a conversation:

Lycinus (describing a young Egyptian): "This boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin . . . his hair worn in a plait behind shows that [b]he is not a freeman. "[/b]

Obviously a Nubian or a captured slave from Southern Tribes. undecided
Also hair plating, especially of that style was common among Nubians.

[img]http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files./2008/11/nubian-tribute.jpg[/img]
Nubian slaves

Timolaus: "But that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus, All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood. It is the exact opposite of the custom of our ancestors who thought it seemly for old men to secure their hair with a gold brooch to keep it in place."

(Lucian, Navigations, paras 2-3)

Contradictory statement to the above one. Does it mean that there were different styles of plaiting to distinguish between free-born and slave? Possibly.

Herodotus (circa 400 bc) (Known to western historians as the Father of History)

Herodotus also asserted that "the names of nearly all the gods came to Greece from Egypt . . . for the names of all the gods have been known in Egypt from the beginning of time . . . It was the Egyptians too who originated, and taught the Greeks . . . ceremonial meeting, processions and liturgies . . . The Egyptians were also the first to assign each month and each day to a particular deity, and to foretell the date of a man's birth, his character, his fortunes, and the day of his death . . . The Egyptians, too have made more use of omens and prognostics than any other nation. . ."

(Herodotus, The Histories, 149-150; 152; 159).

I disagree with this completely. Egyptian religion is much different from Greek Religion in ritual customs though the basic practices of all world Pagan religions are the same.

There is no evidence for this, the mythologies are way too different and it doesnt make any sense. HErodotus was born much later and this is clearly and assumption to glorfiy Egyptians . a casual comment. Nothing more.

''[size=15pt]There can be no doubt that the Colchians are an Egyptian race.[/size] Before I heard any mention of the fact from others, I had remarked it myself. After the thought had struck me, I made inquiries on the subject both in Colchis and in Egypt, and I found that the Colchians had a more distinct recollection of the Egyptians, than the Egyptians had of them. Still the Egyptians said that they believed the Colchians to be descended from the army of Sesostris. [size=15pt]My own conjectures were founded, first, on the fact that they are black-skinned and have woolly hair[/size], which certainly amounts to but little, since several other nations are so too. But further and more especially, on the circumstance that the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times.''

Colchis was inhabited by a number of related but distinct tribes whose settlements lay along the shore of the Black Sea. Chief among those were the Machelones, Heniochi, Zydretae, Lazi, Chalybes, Tabal/Tibareni/Tubal, Mossynoeci, Macrones, Moschi, Marres, Apsilae, Abasci, Sanigae, Coraxi, Coli, Melanchlaeni, Geloni and Soani (Suani). These Kartvelian tribes differed so completely in language and appearance from the surrounding Indo-European nations that the ancients provided various wild theories to account for the phenomenon.

Also Greeks were fair complexioned so they probably generalized all darker skin colours as black skinned just as they generalized all of Northern Africa as Libya or Ethiopia.
Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2014
Rossikki:

There were large scale migrations from the Nile valley to the south of the continent in antiquity following desertification and foreign invasions.

bullshyt. IS this all you have to say? So this why the black-Allele has disappeared from modern day Egyptians when it is supposed to dominate?

But the Nile has always been running. The area has always been Fertile, even now. Why leave all of that and run away? So why is this Egyptian Culture and Religion not thriving in the South?

Why did the Pyramid building stop? Why leave civilization and return to nomadism and forest-dwelling?

What foreign invasions? There is no accounts of large-scale massacres of Negroid peoples/Egyptians. The Egyptiannes of Egypt has always been strong. Egypt has always maintained its searateness despite the invasions.

Even under Cleopatra's rule, she and her family borrowed Egyptian religion and Culture.

This is all Nonsense and black-wash. just like whites do white-wash. This is black-wash of history. Arrant racism. angry

[img]http://1.bp..com/-f68tXZ3TkDs/ToVg0o9THkI/AAAAAAAADyc/K8062VqtD_8/s1600/Tutankhamun_Shabti.jpg[/img]

That is not a life sized statue but rather a tiny shabti doll made with lightwood depicting his travelling soul. It even says it's a shabti on your picture! I bet you have no idea what a shabti is. They are very tiny dolls buried with the deceased representing their spirit. I said you were an illiterate in these things and all you do is confirm it. The image I posted was a life sized statue of Tutunkhamun found in his tomb.

Learn about shabti dolls here:
http://www.ancient.eu.com/article/119/

Ok what difference does it make? Alright Im sorry , the size is not big. so what? Do you know that we can produce passport size photographs of ourselves?

Lastly, we notice that the 'light skinned' images you posted were all of WOMEN. This is not surprising since it at some point it was an artistic convention in Egypt to depict women as lighter to denote their femininity. Here is textual evidence of this:

''The skin color of both male and female is generally dark brown (contrasted with the usual dark brown or red for males and light brown or white for females)''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarna_art

[size=18pt]LMFAO![/size] [size=18]LOOK @ THIS FELLOW![/size]

Who was posting pics of Dark-skinned Egyptian females all this while :

Rossikki:

Statue of Queen Tiye: King Tut's grandmother:

[size=18pt]Now Where Is your Light-skinned Egyptian Women?![/size] grin

Btw I dont believe that is the reason. I know this sounds very strange, but I know a lot of Egyptians (personally) and the men usually tend to be darker (chrome/brown-skinned) while the women are much fairer. I swear by the Gods, I even once asked an Egyptian fellow, why this is the case? and he just laughed.

Maybe it is because the men are more out-going , work outside and in the past probably spent more time on the fields,etc. I dont know. But this is a possible reason. plus, women like to make-up.

Oh.. and that first bust you posted of 'Nefertiti' has been dismissed by many scholars as a fake:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/8038097.stm

You just quote 1 scholar and claim it as Many scholars? see your mouth!

ANyways Im not an Egyptologist and I have not done any carbon dating tests on it. So i cannot comment. These are all rumours by one person. It does not explain why Egypt and other collectors are clamoring for it.

Dietrich Wildung dismissed the claims as a publicity stunt, as radiological tests, detailed computer tomography and material analysis have proved its authenticity. The pigments used on the bust have been matched to those used by ancient Egyptian artisans. The 2006 CT scan that discovered the "hidden face" of Nefertiti proved without doubt – according to Science News – that the bust was genuine.
Egyptian authorities also dismissed Stierlin's theory. Dr. Zahi Hawass said "Stierlin is not a historian. He is delirious." Although Stierlin had argued "Egyptians cut shoulders horizontally" and Nefertiti had vertical shoulders, Hawass said that the new style seen in the Nefertiti bust is part of the changes introduced by Akhenaten, the husband of Nefertiti. Hawass also claimed that the sculptor Thutmose had created the eye, but it was later destroyed

Also what about the other bust I posted? That one also is a fake?

Finally, why exactly should we believe a western media deceived, brainwashed person like you over the testimonies of esteemed ancient Greek visitors to Egypt - scholars like Aristotle and Herodotus who stated the Egyptians were black skinned? I mean, we don't even know your name!

The same reason why should we believe a black-centric racist media deceived, brainwashed person like you over archaeological findings, descendants, genetics, studies of qualified researchers, common sense, etc.? I mean, we don't even know your name!
Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:58am On Jul 21, 2014
Rossikki:

Who said the stone colour depicts the colour of the kings? We are saying their noses were cut off to hide their 'wideness'. It has nothing to do with the colour of the stones. The stones could be green or purple for all we care. We already KNOW the Egyptians were blacks.

I've really no idea why you're fighting your own history (assuming you're not some white racist posing as an African). WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE tomb art depicting blacks almost entirely? What do you have to say about the testimonies of the ancient Greek visitors? You IGNORE these strong proofs of black Egypt, and go looking around like a lunatic for something to argue against it, and then when evidence trashing your position is presented (as I've done repeatedly), you ignore it and go looking for something else to scream about. Are you going to apologize for claiming a shabti doll of Tutunkhamun was a life sized statue, even when your own link said it was a shabti doll, or are you here to deceive and lie to people?

Cmon! Who are you kidding?! you clearly posted pics of black sculptures to further your racist agenda. Anyways this is the worst theory I have ever come across. Check out the Somalis, Sudanis and Ethiopians of today. They dont have wide noses. They have narrow and many a times pointed noses (though not hooked and/or long like whites, Indo Europeans-Persians, Arabs, etc.) Why else do you think people like Ayaanle were coming on Nairaland and trolling us and calling us Bantu?

These people lived closest to Egypt and the Egyptians in all probability had a similar nasal structure. The same is depicted in many surviving Egyptian artworks, painitngs and sculptures of antiquity.

I highly doubt the learned archaeologists and scientist would do such a dastardly act. Infact many of the sculptures and paintings still retain their noses. The nose is a protruding part and this was the most likely reason for it to fall victim to erosion or during handling. Another reason might be the effacement measures taken during the islamic conquest, whereby the nose and other prominent parts of the face were defaced due to anti-idolatry.

And please DONT DRAG ME or MY PEOPLE INTO YOUR RACISM. Thankfully my Hausa people have not been affected by racism yet. We have NOTHING to do with Egypt.

about the tomb art, brother macof gave a possble explanation, some were Nubians, my theories above, etc.
I have explained the Greek c.rap. It seems you have not analyzed the context carefully and just blindly copy-pasted every sentence with the word black/negroid/curl-haired into your post without comprehension.

I have apologized for the size of the Shabti doll. It is insignificant but if it pleases you, so be it. .
The rest, I have provided an explanation for the Shabti doll.
Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:01am On Jul 21, 2014
This Thread was created with An Agenda to further Rossikki's racist claims regarding Egyptians. He didnt even mention some Kings Like Shaka Zulu, Haile Selassie , etc.

2 Likes

Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
The French writer Constantin-François Volney (1757-1820), in his important work, The Ruins of Empires, extends this point of view by saying that the Egyptians were the first people to "attain the physical and moral sciences necessary to civilized life." In referring to the basis of this achievement he states further that, "It was, then, on the borders of the Upper Nile, among a Black race of men, that was organized the complicated system of worship of the stars, considered in relation to the productions of the earth and the labors of agriculture; and this first worship, characterized by their adoration under their own forms and national attributes, was a simple proceeding of the human mind."
Volney's Ruins; or, Meditation on the Revolutions of Empires, Boston, J. Mendum, 1869.

Did you get that Mr Pagan? Not "among a white race of men". Not "among a yellow race of men". Not "among a mixed yellow, red, orange race of men", but "among a BLACK race of men".

Tell us when you're going to commit suicide. Because I will produce more testimonies and proof than your system can handle. Servant of white supremacists pretending to be an African. I guess Count Volney too was a "racist" against his own white people for stating the truth! In your dull head, anyone who states the truth about ancient black majesty is a 'racist'. But I'm sure you wouldn't call me a racist if I say Rome was a white civilization. You'd probably buy me a beer. Oyibo servant.

1 Like

Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
The opinion of the ancient writers on the Egyptians is more or less summed up by French Egyptologist Gaston Maspero in The Dawn of Civilization (1894), when he says, "By the almost unanimous testimony of ancient historians, they [the Egyptians] belong to an African race which first settled in Ethiopia on the Middle Nile: following up the course of the river they gradually reached the sea."

The German scholar, Eugen Georg, in his book, The Adventure of Mankind (1931) p. 121, tells us about the ". . . world-wide dominance of Ethiopian representatives of the black race. They were supreme in Africa and Asia. In upper Egypt and India they erected mighty religious centers and mastered a perfect technique in the molding of bronze --- and they even infiltrated through Southern Europe for a thousand years".

You know a black man has a problem when he rejects his own history because he feels it is too grand for him.

"Ancient Egypt was a Negro civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians dare to connect it with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest nor objective nor unruffled. He is ignorant, cowardly and neurotic. The ancient Egyptians were Negroes. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the Black world."

- Cheikh Anta Diop, Africa's greatest historian, taken from his seminal work, "The African Origin of Civilisation''.

2 Likes

Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

bullshyt. IS this all you have to say? So this why the black-Allele has disappeared from modern day Egyptians when it is supposed to dominate?

But the Nile has always been running. The area has always been Fertile, even now. Why leave all of that and run away? So why is this Egyptian Culture and Religion not thriving in the South?

Why did the Pyramid building stop? Why leave civilization and return to nomadism and forest-dwelling?

The Pyramid building culture stopped about 1500 years before the Arab invasions of Egypt. The migrants from Egypt following invasions would have known absolutely nothing about building pyramids.

What foreign invasions? There is no accounts of large-scale massacres of Negroid peoples/Egyptians.

The Hyksos invasions, the Assyrian invasions,the Greco-Roman invasions, the Arab invasions. You need go go and study Egyptian history. You're utterly clueless. Maybe you think when those nations invaded, they sat and drank tea with their victims and captives and played the harmonica.

Ok what difference does it make? Alright Im sorry , the size is not big. so what? Do you know that we can produce passport size photographs of ourselves?

The shabti doll you posted represent the spirit/soul of the dead paharoah. The statue I posted represents the life sized physical body of the pharaoh. That's the 'difference'.

[size=18pt]LMFAO![/size] [size=18]LOOK @ THIS FELLOW![/size]

Who was posting pics of Dark-skinned Egyptian females all this while :

[size=18pt]Now Where Is your Light-skinned Egyptian Women?![/size] grin

Btw I dont believe that is the reason. I know this sounds very strange, but I know a lot of Egyptians (personally) and the men usually tend to be darker (chrome/brown-skinned) while the women are much fairer. I swear by the Gods, I even once asked an Egyptian fellow, why this is the case? and he just laughed.

Maybe it is because the men are more out-going , work outside and in the past probably spent more time on the fields,etc. I dont know. But this is a possible reason. plus, women like to make-up.

SPARE US THAT GARBAGE. It was an ARTISTIC CONVENTION at some points in (not throughout) Egyptian history to portray the women as lighter than men. That's a FACT clearly referenced whatever YOU 'believe' or don't 'believe'.

You just quote 1 scholar and claim it as Many scholars? see your mouth!

I could quote 1 million it still would make no difference to you because your skull is thick.

Dr. Zahi Hawass said

Any black man who quotes Zaki Hawas is a sellout. Zaki Hawas is the head of the Egyptian antiquities commission known to make it his job to disguise and deny all signs of Egypt's African past, including refusing to release DNA tests on pharaoh mummies to prove their race, for reasons to do with ''national security''. (cough cough)

The same reason why should we believe a black-centric racist media deceived, brainwashed person like you over archaeological findings, descendants, genetics, studies of qualified researchers, common sense, etc.? I mean, we don't even know your name!

OLODO. ABOKI BRAIN. So if 100 eyewitnesses including professors, doctors and labourers, line up to say they saw a black man slapping a girl on the street an hour ago, and then 1 man appears to say, ''no it was a white man that slapped the girl on the street. I didn't see it, but...'', and then starts digging around the ground for 'archaelogical findings' to prove his claim, you will ignore the former and believe the latter? OLODO. If you're really a Hausa man, you're a disgrace to your people, cause you clearly lack a working brain.

2 Likes

Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Rossikki:
The Pyramid building culture stopped about 1500 years before the Arab invasions of Egypt. The migrants from Egypt following invasions would have known absolutely nothing about building pyramids.
The Hyksos invasions, the Assyrian invasions,the Greco-Roman invasions, the Arab invasions. You need go go and study Egyptian history. You're utterly clueless. Maybe you think when those nations invaded, they sat and drank tea with their victims and captives and played the harmonica.
The shabti doll you posted represent the spirit/soul of the dead paharoah. The statue I posted represents the life sized physical body of the pharaoh. That's the 'difference'.
SPARE US THAT GARBAGE. It was an ARTISTIC CONVENTION at some points in (not throughout) Egyptian history to portray the women as lighter than men. That's a FACT clearly referenced whatever YOU 'believe' or don't 'believe'.
I could quote 1 million it still would make no difference to you because your skull is thick.
Any black man who quotes Zaki Hawas is a sellout. Zaki Hawas is the head of the Egyptian antiquities commission known to make it his job to disguise and deny all signs of Egypt's African past, including refusing to release DNA tests on pharaoh mummies to prove their race, for reasons to do with ''national security''. (cough cough)
OLODO. ABOKI BRAIN. So if 100 eyewitnesses including professors, doctors and labourers, line up to say they saw a black man slapping a girl on the street an hour ago, and then 1 man appears to say, ''no it was a white man that slapped the girl on the street. I didn't see it, but...'', and then starts digging around the ground for 'archaelogical findings' to prove his claim, you will ignore the former and believe the latter? OLODO. If you're really a Hausa man, you're a disgrace to your people, cause you clearly lack a working brain.

^^^^

[size=18pt]THIS GUY IS A FVCKING M.ORON!

HIS ENTIRE WRITE UP IS FILLED WITH INSULTS AND RUDE TALK AGAINST ME.[/size]

I will not reply to his posts until someone else asks me to reply to Rosikki's posts for their knowledge or benifit.

So if anyone else wants to hear the truth, let me know.
Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

^^^^

[size=18pt]THIS GUY IS A FVCKING M.ORON!

HIS ENTIRE WRITE UP IS FILLED WITH INSULTS AND RUDE TALK AGAINST ME.[/size]

I will not reply to his posts until someone else asks me to reply to Rosikki's posts for their knowledge or benifit.

So if anyone else wants to hear the truth, let me know.

But it is true. You have to be really dense to dismiss the testimony of the ancients in favour of ''archaeological evidence'' today from the same people who colonized and enslaved you. SURELY you must know that they would doctor evidence showing them NOT to be the originators of civilization as they claim? Their ''archaeological evidence'' claims the Egyptians were not blacks, and like a dunce you believe that OVER AND ABOVE the actual direct testimony from credible eyewitness accounts which also correspond with the tomb art. I mean, if you had a functioning brain the FIRST THING you'd ask your mentors is ''hang on a second....how come all these eyewitnesses are saying they were black with woolly hair (meaning negro) yet your archaeological evidence is claiming it was white people or yellow people?'' But no. Aboki brain says ''YES MASSA. Of course they were not black like me. Rankadede... Blacks like me only live in villages and chase rabbits with spears.''. Then any person that comes along trying to show you the glory of your past beyond your tribe and spear, you shout them down and claim they're lying racists. I actually think you're demented, or maybe someone in your village is working overtime on you.. cheesy
Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
fvck off uncivilized reta.rd. dont expect any replies from me in the future.

All those who believe what this mor0n has to say are just fooling themselves. carry on. .

2 Likes

Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
PAGAN9JA: fvck off uncivilized reta.rd. dont expect any replies from me in the future.

All those who believe what this mor0n has to say are just fooling themselves. carry on. .

They don't believe what I have to say. They believe what the likes of Aristotle have to say over a ram like you. grin
Re: African Kings by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Rossikki:

They don't believe what I have to say. They believe what the likes of Aristotle have to say over a ram like you. grin

Aristotle didnt say anything of significance you goat!

check out what I said.
Re: African Kings by Rossikki: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

check out what I said.
You said a lot of ram manure, you dullard. You should be on Stormfront playing their smiley black buffoon or clown. Sure. Aristotle couldn't tell a black man when he saw one. He must have meant an Arab or a Persian! Aboki brain parotting KKK horse manure.
Re: African Kings by jantavanta(m): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

check out what I said.

So you quote Zahi Hawas, the Turk mulatto descendant who speaks for his European sponsors?

Maybe you are in the 'Hamitic' or 'Semitic' classification circle. So do my lighter-skinned Swaziland friends qualify as less African? Do all Africans have to be charcoal black? Are all Whites of the same skin tone? Why should there be only one kind of Black person but different shades of White from from darker skinned Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, to near-albinos?

3 Likes

Re: African Kings by macof(m): 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rossikki: The French writer Constantin-François Volney (1757-1820), in his important work, The Ruins of Empires, extends this point of view by saying that the Egyptians were the first people to "attain the physical and moral sciences necessary to civilized life." In referring to the basis of this achievement he states further that, "It was, then, on the borders of the Upper Nile, among a Black race of men, that was organized the complicated system of worship of the stars, considered in relation to the productions of the earth and the labors of agriculture; and this first worship, characterized by their adoration under their own forms and national attributes, was a simple proceeding of the human mind."
Volney's Ruins; or, Meditation on the Revolutions of Empires, Boston, J. Mendum, 1869.

Did you get that Mr Pagan? Not "among a white race of men". Not "among a yellow race of men". Not "among a mixed yellow, red, orange race of men", but "among a BLACK race of men".

Tell us when you're going to commit suicide. Because I will produce more testimonies and proof than your system can handle. Servant of white supremacists pretending to be an African. I guess Count Volney too was a "racist" against his own white people for stating the truth! In your dull head, anyone who states the truth about ancient black majesty is a 'racist'. But I'm sure you wouldn't call me a racist if I say Rome was a white civilization. You'd probably buy me a beer. Oyibo servant.

This your quote betrays your argument. See the bold, that's exactly what I've been saying

Blacks inhabited upper nile..moronic racist scumbag like u would exaggerate and say blacks ruled the Mediterranean
Re: African Kings by Rossikk(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
macof:

This your quote betrays your argument. See the bold, that's exactly what I've been saying

Blacks inhabited upper nile..moronic racist scumbag like u would exaggerate and say blacks ruled the Mediterranean
You can do a lot better than try to use a quote which damned your position, as a tool of attack. If only you could show us a corresponding quote from the era stating that "it was upon the borders of the Lower Nile that a white/yellow race of men organised complicated systems ....". Alas there is nothing like that in the historical record. All you have today are periodic treats to Zaki Hawass and friends' lunatic utterances, and our having to put up with the knuckle headed rants of their foot soldiers like you. Also, telling lies about my supposedly claiming "blacks ruled the Mediterranean" won't help you much either. By the way at some point in deep antiquity, it must have been the case that blacks ruled the entire Mediterranean. Homer was the first voice of Europe and the Greeks in 800BC. The Mediterranean has been an economic and information super highway from as early as 4,000 BC. So of course there was a time blacks ruled that region, because blacks were the ones who migrated and populated all the regions on earth.

1 Like

Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rossikki: The same thing that will happen to Europe in future. Or America. No civilization remains on top forever. They reach a peak and then begin the inevitable decline. Human factors to do with complacency, greed, arrogance, infighting, etc always set in...plus even natural factors like environmental disasters and setbacks. In Africa for instance, the desertification of the once fertile and lush Sahara caused all sorts of problems for African civilization. It led to mass population dispersal, social upheaval, reduced soil fertility, fiercer competition for arable land and water leading to conflict, ethnic distrust, social fragmentation etc etc. The biggest threat to modern civilization today is nuclearization and environmental degradation. But just as soon as this civilization ends, another will emerge to replace it, however long it takes.
Luckily, Africans after desertification persevered and still managed to build civilizations much greater than ancient Egypt.
Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
juman:

You are correct.

They are very corrupt, very selfish and very unserious.

They don't represent their subjects, they represent themselves and their families only.

That's part of the reasons why we have a failed country.
Fulaman198:
Exactly, completely not like the African leaders of old. We need to get rid of them in order to build up a better nation. Plus we need a strong and fair President who cares about the wonderful Nigerian people
This is mostly due to lost respect for traditions and customs. Kings in the pre-colonial times could never steal from their people because they believed they could be punished by the gods, get hit with a curse, or nullify the kingdoms existence(competition) which they themselves likely founded. This is why kings like Pharaoh Ramses II built an entire city in his honour which doubled as infrastructure for his people. Same with Oloye Bilikisu Sungbo and Sungbo's Eredo.

3 Likes

Re: African Kings by Fulaman198(m): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingston277:

This is mostly due to lost respect for traditions and customs. Kings in the pre-colonial times could never steal from their people because they believed they could be punished by the gods, get hit with a curse, or nullify the kingdoms existence. This is why kings like Pharaoh Ramses II built an entire city in his honour which doubled as infrastructure for his people. Same with Oloye Bilikisu Sungbo and Sungbo's Eredo.

Yep, that's true. Sometimes I wonder but I don't want to point fingers but sometimes I wonder if countries like England, France and Portugal made Africans more corrupt.
Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rossikki: A people get the leaders they deserve. It is the degeneration in the population that leads to them throwing up dodgy leaders. Until we go back to loving one another, loving our colour, our cultures, race, religion, and stop the self-hate, stop the love for anything foreign, stop the skin bleaching, stop the ill-effects of colonial miseducation and anti-African sentiments, we will never produce the type of leaders we had in the glorious past. It all starts with us, because our leaders come from us, not from outer space.
So sad this doesn't exist anymore cry

1 Like

Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rossikki: First of all I do not see the country as being "destroyed". The fact is we have developed in many areas since independence. Education, infrastructure, healthcare - all have improved in the last 50 odd years. And today we stand as Africa's largest economy with an economic growth rate of 7% per annum and an expanding middle class, an expanding manufacturing base, and agriculture seeing its biggest boom in half a century. Even the railways are being revamped after 30 years of neglect by the military. So there are things to be cheerful and hopeful about.
1."Education"-depends on what kind, many "world class educated" Africans cannot feed themselves without world vision.
2. "Infrastructure"-sure, if you count rail roads I guess.
3. "health care"-Thats not what some people say, I've heard people l've longer in the pre-colonial times.
It is also know that overall production is less than in the 19th century. Kano exported 10 million sandals and 5 million hides to north Africa alone during those times, how much do they export today?
Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
jantavanta:

So you quote Zahi Hawas, the Turk mulatto descendant who speaks for his European sponsors?

Maybe you are in the 'Hamitic' or 'Semitic' classification circle. So do my lighter-skinned Swaziland friends qualify as less African? Do all Africans have to be charcoal black? Are all Whites of the same skin tone? Why should there be only one kind of Black person but different shades of White from from darker skinned Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, to near-albinos?

Heck, even the original Africans were light
Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yep, that's true. Sometimes I wonder but I don't want to point fingers but sometimes I wonder if countries like England, France and Portugal made Africans more corrupt.
Possibly, but I believe more in particular colonization, religious conversion, collapse of traditional infrastructure and institutions, mis-education, etc are all what contributed to today. These are the fault of both parties, Europeans were/are selfish civilization destroyers while the colonized remained brainwashed and became a sort of uncle tom, preventing the re-establishment of indigenous civilization.
Re: African Kings by TerryCarr(m): 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
kingston277:
Heck, even the original Africans were light
to be fair they live in southern Africa
Re: African Kings by Fulaman198(m): 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
TerryCarr:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: African Kings by macof(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rossikk: You can do a lot better than try to use a quote which damned your position, as a tool of attack. If only you could show us a corresponding quote from the era stating that "it was upon the borders of the Lower Nile that a white/yellow race of men organised complicated systems ....". Alas there is nothing like that in the historical record. All you have today are periodic treats to Zaki Hawass and friends' lunatic utterances, and our having to put up with the knuckle headed rants of their foot soldiers like you. Also, telling lies about my supposedly claiming "blacks ruled the Mediterranean" won't help you much either. By the way at some point in deep antiquity, it must have been the case that blacks ruled the entire Mediterranean. Homer was the first voice of Europe and the Greeks in 800BC. The Mediterranean has been an economic and information super highway from as early as 4,000 BC.

So of course there was a time blacks ruled that region, because blacks were the ones who migrated and populated all the regions on earth.
It's a simply thing to do -just show us evidence from lower egypt showing that they were black.

After you got no sensible thing on the black/Mediterranean Egypt case, you shift to the bold grin
You are a fraud indeed.

Who's talking about early humans moving out of Africa to populate the regions of the world??
This here is was Lower Egypt black or Mediterranean??
Re: African Kings by kingston277(m): 3:10am On Jul 24, 2014
TerryCarr:
But originate in Ethiopia.
Re: African Kings by TerryCarr(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2014
kingston277:
But originate in Ethiopia.
like most of the world. your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Local Mother Tongues That Have Gone Extinct / Arnado Debbo: Adamawa Community Where Only Women Can Rule (photo) / Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.