Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story (694 Views)

SEE TRUE LOVE: Can You Do This For Love? (pix) / love can sometimes be foolish / Wife Unknowingly Dating Her Husband On Facebook. True Life Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story by robosky02(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2014
Few events in human history were as evil and as powerful as the Nazi holocaust, but hiding among the horror were pockets of resistance, resilience, and humanity’s refusal to give in. It’s heartening to know that one of the best things of which we are capable—love—can survive and flourish even under the worst circumstances.

Cyla Cybulska was shipped to Auschwitz with her parents and siblings in 1943. She was the only member of her family who left the camp alive, and she owed her life entirely to a man named Jerzy Bielecki. Jerzy had been in the camp for three years when Cyla arrived. He was a Roman Catholic, imprisoned for helping the Polish resistance. She was a Jew.
Jerzy was working in a grain silo when he first saw the young woman he’d fall in love with, who had been assigned to repair sacks. Looking back in 2010, he said, “It seemed to me that one of them, a pretty dark-haired one, winked at me.” They stole a few words together when they were able, and they were soon smitten. Jerzy made it his goal to get her out.
He spent eight months stitching together a guard’s uniform using scraps of material one of his friends was able to steal from a warehouse. He stole a pass and forged documents for taking a prisoner to work at a nearby farm. On July 21, 1944, he collected Cyla from her barracks, and they walked out of the gate. They didn’t stop for 10 days, when they reached the home of one of Jerzy’s relatives. He rejoined the Polish resistance and found a hiding place for Cyla using his contacts. He went to fight, with no idea he wouldn’t see Cyla again for almost four decades.
Somehow, each came to believe the other had died. Cyla moved to Brooklyn and married, while Jerzy started a family in Poland. In 1983, Cyla told the story to her cleaner, who found the words familiar, saying, “I saw a man telling the story on Polish television. He’s alive.”
Cyla was able to find his phone number and saw him again a few weeks later. When she arrived at the airport in Krakow, Jerzy gave her 39 roses, one for each year since they’d last been together. They became good friends, and despite living on different continents, they met 15 more times before Cyla died in 2005

whats your thought on this share your memorable love stories
Re: Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story by robosky02(m): 10:53am On Jul 15, 2014
for those that say never speak to your ex or go near them.
1.what would you do if you are the one
2.to the extreme would you advise them to dump thier new spouce and marry themselves
3. if you are a spouse to either of them will you allow them to meet/ see each other.
dont forget that involve travelling acrose the two continents
Re: Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 15, 2014
wow! cry cry God is great
Re: Love:can Survive & Flourish Even Under The Worst Circumstances. True Life Story by robosky02(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2014
bestestgirl: wow! cry cry God is great
yea so is love

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Ladies Hate When Out On A Date. / My Mum Has Refused To Find A Girl Me. What Should I Do? / Can I Propose To Her Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.