Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income (54766 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Starting A Plantain Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2015
How to make plantain farm a regular source of income
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Pig pens for rent
There are 6 pens available out of 24 pens on 2 acres for rent
Each pend take 5 matured pigs & take 16 piglets
There is borehole
There is farm manager living on farm
Farm is in lbadan city

Condition
U pay for rent & management
We manage the farm
U provide your feeds & medication
We help to clean,feed & administer medications
You visit at least monthly
You provide enough feed that can last 4 month & provide another 4 months feeding a month b4 the last 4 month feed is over
We don't sell for client but we can connect to buyers
Each pen rent is N20k per year
Management fee is N2000 per month
Minimum pen u can rent is 3 pens

Call Gbenga 08136650972

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
people
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 10:14am On Jul 29, 2015
Smooth Cayenne Pineapple suckers for sale
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by millhouse: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Rte
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
If you buy an acre for your child & plant plantain on it in the next 15 years it would have been able to turn your child to be a millionare
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by mogentle(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
Smooth Cayenne Pineapple suckers for sale
How do you sell?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 10:10am On Oct 12, 2015
If you buy an acre for your child & plant plantain on it in the next 15 years it would have been able to turn your child to be a millionare

10 acres available for sale at 550k .
Minus agency fee ..10%
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Idowu2828: 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Applying manure u got 4rm poultry direct or allowing it to ferment? I was told if u apply it directly it affects the plants and is it true using herbicides or chemical do make land get the land faded on time(lack of nutrients) pls explanation Boss
boluwajokosegun:
How to make plantain farm a regular source of income
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

The following Nigerian states have the best comparative advantage for plantain and
banana farming:
Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Oshun, Ekiti, Edo,
Delta, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Bayelsa,
Abia and Ebonyi.

The domestic uses of plantain are:

Fried slices (dodo) and plantain chips .The industrial uses are plantain flour/bread,
cake/pancake,baby foods,wine,beer,dried flakes,biscuits and cookies.
Modern breeding has produced high yielding varieties

Two ways to do the business:
a) You can buy acres of land, drill bore hole, do land preparation, plant trees as wind
breakers and plant good grade suckers and secure the farm . You can intercrop with our
hybrid MELON so as to maximize the land (Integrated farming)
b) You can go for government land available for lease all over Nigeria. The lands are
managed by the various River Basin Development Authorities across Nigeria, they
can help you to prepare the land with their lease tractor and they also have irrigation
facility, plant trees as wind breakers and plant good grade suckers and secure the
farm. You can intercrop with our hybrid MELON so as to maximize the land
(Integrated farming)
If you need land for agriculture, government land is available for lease all over Nigeria.
The lands are managed by the various River Basin Development Authorities across
Nigeria.
For the lands managed by the Ogun- Oshun River Basin Authority, which covers
Lagos, Ogun, Oshun and Oyo States, they have offices in those states where you can
go to pay N2500.00 per acre of land per year.

If you are one of those looking for salary jobs in today's Nigeria, or you have just one
sources of income, please stop that madness. Go pay N2500.00 for a hectare of
land for Cassavaa/plantain farming.

There are two benefits to you:
One, you buy at a cheaper price than you will if you buy during the planting season.
Two, you will not wait 12 months from planting to harvest. If you are a starter,
ensure that you are buying the improved variety sucker and buy from the right
sources. Do not be deceived to buy the local variety sucker if what you want is the
improved variety sucker.
The beauty of the plantain plant is in its ability to reproduce itself in geometric
proportions. A healthy plantain plant can reproduce about 5 suckers around it which
means that one plant has produced another 5 plants.
Therefore, you will not have to buy fresh suckers for planting for the 2nd year and
beyond. There are three benefits to you. First benefit is that you won’t be buying fresh
suckers for planting in the 2nd year
Second benefit is that you can sell the suckers while waiting for the harvest of the plantain
bunches from the existing plants. Thirdly, you can transplant the suckers on another
plot of land which means that your farm is expanding without buying fresh suckers.

There are two types of suckers in Nigeria – the local variety and the improved variety
sucker. The local variety sucker takes about two years to mature from planting to harvest
while the improved variety takes one year. The local variety generally has lower yields
and more disease-prone, while the improved variety has higher yields in terms of fingers
per bunch, size of the fingers and the sweetness of the fruits.
The improved variety brings faster returns on investment than the local variety sucker. The
improved variety comes in different grades that indicate the level of improvement.
Always go for the latest improved variety sucker. If you are a starter, go for the
improved variety sucker.
However, note that the improved variety sucker is costlier than the local variety
sucker.
When the planting season commences, at the start of the rains, the improved variety
sucker costs about N120.00 to N150.00 per sucker even from official sources. The
demand for the improved variety sucker is high.
Contact Gbenga: 08182355047 for improved variety sucker that produce double bunch,
send email to eesteeresources@gmail.com
To see pictures or it can be send to you on
whatsApp: 08182355047.
If you buy our double bunch producing suckers, you will get a FREE ebook on the business.
So you can't cultivate in abuja
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
Y not if u hav good land & well to irrigate d crops
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Gm
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Gold mine
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by nosa2(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

10 acres available for sale at 550k .
Minus agency fee ..10%

Is this still available? Where is it located
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2015
Yes still available in Ikire call 08120528950
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 6:24am On Dec 14, 2015
Plantain is in abundance now, even then farmers still make money but you can make more money by adding value to your products
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by greenmind(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2015
I am interested. With 55K/acre, how much is required to cultivate 10 Acres including your management fee or better put, can you give a Cost-Benefit Analysis/Report for 10 Acres including management and Sales Fees.
boluwajokosegun:

DO YOU HAVE INTEREST & INVESTMENT CASH BUT NO TIME OR NO GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF FARMING, THEN OUR COMPANY CAN SET UP THE FARM & ALSO MAINTAIN THE FARM OR MANAGE THE FARM WITH YOUR STAFF FOR A FEE. Anything you touch in agriculture is gold if you are ready to be patient.

Oh, wow! Agropreneurship does not mean one has to literally work on the farm, is this right ?
Not necessarily, in fact it applies to all business. What is great about entrepreneurs is their uncanny ability to see opportunities where others did not but most times entrepreneurs do not have the technical ability to make this opportunity into money. They usually have to hire the technical expert.

Money! Money!! Money!!! Seems to be what everybody seeks, unfortunately, not everyone knows the way of getting rich. Thus, the statement "THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GETS POORER" is true, not because the rich has money and the poor does not, but because of the inability of the poor to recognize opportunities each time they come around, what is the meaning of Poor? It’s simply P-Passing, O- Over, O-Opportunity, R-Repeatedly. So they stick to the old pattern of living & keep on managing their way through life forgetting that the world is changing really fast from the industrial age into information Age. Talent and education are not enough. Determination and perseverance are very important.Mentorship & team spirit is the new thing.

Contact Gbenga: 08136650972 or whatsApp: 08182355047 , email : eesteeresources@gmail.com

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
@ green please if you want to do 10 acres then you must have a good feasibilty Study at hand, call me on 08120528950. You can not just multiple what I did for an acre by 10 to get good costing for 10 acres
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by sedulus(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2015
Please your farm address and your location...... Permanent Office Address...whom you ave work for and references ...kindly also post a pictures where you are farming including your face clearly...... Contact of those whom you have worked for and kindly note a visit to their farms will be made .....Thanks
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello Farmers and stakeholders in the house.

It's been a long time I have check this thread.
Just to make plantain farming more friendly to invest into and also able to solve water challenges on a plantain farm. I device a means of using gun sprayer with a 13hp water pump machine. I sourced for the gun sprayers abroad and build other needed parts here locally. Reason being that I need to save freight cost and price cost. I will be testing the gadget on the field tmr. I believe this will be a cheaper product to invest into. I will get back with pictures from the field tmr. This is also a plan to start planting suckers by January on a new client farm so that the fruit can meet the next dry season for higher profit
Don't starve your plantains and other crops with water... Provide irrigation as soon as possible
Next year weather may be worst than this year.

1 Like

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by noblefarm: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Moyanbe:
Hello Farmers and stakeholders in the house.

It's been a long time I have check this thread.
Just to make plantain farming more friendly to invest into and also able to solve water challenges on a plantain farm. I device a means of using gun sprayer with a 13hp water pump machine. I sourced for the gun sprayers abroad and build other needed parts here locally. Reason being that I need to save freight cost and price cost. I will be testing the gadget on the field tmr. I believe this will be a cheaper product to invest into. I will get back with pictures from the field tmr. This is also a plan to start planting suckers by January on a new client farm so that the fruit can meet the next dry season for higher profit
Don't starve your plantains and other crops with water... Provide irrigation as soon as possible
Next year weather may be worst than this year.

Pls how much is the 13hp water pump nd is it fuel or diesel engine. Waiting for the pic
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
The water pump is powered by diesel. The price for it depends on buyer and seller, I mean bargaining spirit. It wasn't easy getting this one at the rate of 95k cos the sellers are complaining of naira fall as the hike in price. Most of the sellers peg it around 120k.
Just to give additional info... Pls do not look the capacity on the label attached the pump, check the manual cos a lot of those sellers do print those things and place them on the pump thereby defrauding buyers....
noblefarm:

Pls how much is the 13hp water pump nd is it fuel or diesel engine. Waiting for the pic
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
As I have earlier decided to get bk on the performance of the gun sprayers... It was tested on Tuesday but I had challenges and was unable to use it efficiently. The first challenge was that the water source tank is too small(3000litres). I also noticed that the deeper the depth of water source, the higher the performance of the pump and gun sprayer.
The second challenge was that a stand from the tripod broke at the point where it was welded.
Now.. The performance of the gun sprayer
Due to the shallow depth of the tank... It still spray to a radius of 15-20m but I believe when all things have been corrected, it will reach a minimum of 30m radius.
Another thing I noticed was that it was spraying water in form of dew and rain as the whole diameter covered was filled with wet soil. Moreover, something that resembles rainbow colour was formed in the dew like real rainbow in the cloud.
Am still going back to the field to perfect the work as am on the drawing table. For those that need it, I wouldn't want to quote price now cos its under testing and also for ways for the gun sprayer to give its best work. Also considering the local materials involved cos along the line, some may not be needed.
I will keep updating
Happy eid-el-malud
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance
Don't forget, irrigation agriculture is a sure way to sustainable agricultural development...
...... Do Agric, It pays

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
A lot of people would have made ‘new year resolutions’, set goals, etc, so many are expectant that this New Year will birth something new for them. The truth is, things don’t change except you change. 
You cannot pour ‘new wine’ into old wine skins, so also we cannot expect things to be new when we ourselves are still our old selves. No doubt, there is greatness ahead of us in 2016, so many prophecies have been released, but the truth is the prophecies will not just happen automatically, the prophecies represent ‘new wine’, and so we need new wine skins to hold them. 
As we proceed into 2016, we are being challenged to look inwards and begin to change from the inside out, you have hitherto highlighted problems with others and your society, what about highlight your own ‘issues’ and begin to work towards a change, the truth is people and situations will change when you change. 
Decide to be more prayerful, to study the bible more, to love others more and be tolerant, make up your mind to be compassionate and kind, decide to save more and spend less, invest rather than spend, improve or learn new skills etc. 
Start today by taking a step towards becoming a ‘new you’ and inevitably, this New Year 2016 will indeed produce ‘newness for you in every area of your life
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by segun1976: 6:47am On Jan 05, 2016
AreaFada2:

Still waiting for your email for pics of plantain double bunch, farm and yam/food drying/processing machine please.

area.fada@yahoo.com

@ Op, this sounds interesting. Pls send the pics to me @ segunabimbola@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
Start making plans for the plantain season now
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Start making plans for the plantain season now...
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
boluwajokosegun:
Start making plans for the plantain season now...

Do you find it hard irrigating your farm? This could be a solution to your search
kindly visit this website.... it will be good to also start making plans by now for you plantain farm

http://farmlifeng.com/2016/01/06/gun-sprayer-irrigation-for-plantain/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzFLo7LghLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBqi1Umdh2I
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Johnnyessence(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2016
Moyanbe:
As I have earlier decided to get bk on the performance of the gun sprayers... It was tested on Tuesday but I had challenges and was unable to use it efficiently. The first challenge was that the water source tank is too small(3000litres). I also noticed that the deeper the depth of water source, the higher the performance of the pump and gun sprayer.
The second challenge was that a stand from the tripod broke at the point where it was welded.
Now.. The performance of the gun sprayer
Due to the shallow depth of the tank... It still spray to a radius of 15-20m but I believe when all things have been corrected, it will reach a minimum of 30m radius.
Another thing I noticed was that it was spraying water in form of dew and rain as the whole diameter covered was filled with wet soil. Moreover, something that resembles rainbow colour was formed in the dew like real rainbow in the cloud.
Am still going back to the field to perfect the work as am on the drawing table. For those that need it, I wouldn't want to quote price now cos its under testing and also for ways for the gun sprayer to give its best work. Also considering the local materials involved cos along the line, some may not be needed.
I will keep updating
Happy eid-el-malud
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance
Don't forget, irrigation agriculture is a sure way to sustainable agricultural development...
...... Do Agric, It pays
nice work bro how much does it finish it ooooooooooooooooo both the hose, raingun and petrol type water pump machine.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2016
Johnnyessence:
nice work bro how much does it finish it ooooooooooooooooo both the hose, raingun and petrol type water pump machine.

the rain gun goes for 50k without its stand and knot screw. i did this manually here at owode onirin. i did the stand for and knot screw for 8k(this depends on bargaining power.
the rubber hose (3 inch,5 bar) goes for 25k...it also depends on bargaining power
the petrol water pump machine (5.5hp) is within 25-30k. i used diesel engine water pump (13hp)... i got it at 95k (the price do move with dollar to naira exchange rate).
.....with about 115k, you can get the whole equipment working. i still have gun sprayers for sale
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Johnnyessence(m): 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Moyanbe:

the rain gun goes for 50k without its stand and knot screw. i did this manually here at owode onirin. i did the stand for and knot screw for 8k(this depends on bargaining power.
the rubber hose (3 inch,5 bar) goes for 25k...it also depends on bargaining power
the petrol water pump machine (5.5hp) is within 25-30k. i used diesel engine water pump (13hp)... i got it at 95k (the price do move with dollar to naira exchange rate).
.....with about 115k, you can get the whole equipment working. i still have gun sprayers for sale
thank u for ur reply infact it's good to be patient in life still patient more. pls post ur phone no. here for me and d good people of nairaland to know u more. patience work for me and till tomorrow it works. hope u av a house for this equipment in ur farm bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) / FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.