Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income (54768 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Starting A Plantain Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Johnnyessence:
thank u for ur reply infact it's good to be patient in life still patient more. pls post ur phone no. here for me and d good people of nairaland to know u more. patience work for me and till tomorrow it works. hope u av a house for this equipment in ur farm bro.
Patience is needed when venturing into agriculture..... My line is 08139120967, 08185684836
...kindly drop a msg if my line is unreachable, i may be at the farm or a location out of network reach.
you can also check my website... www.farmlifeng.com
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2016
Thanks @moyabe, of a truth rain gun is a must this year for any serious farmer who wants to make good profit
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by achidominic: 10:28am On Jan 09, 2016
Pls,how long does it take for plantain to reach maturity,because I planted about 500 plantain suckers in june 2014 but up till now january 2015 they are not yet due for harvest. What could be the reason behind ?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Johnnyessence(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
Moyanbe:
Patience is needed when venturing into agriculture..... My line is 08139120967, 08185684836
...kindly drop a msg if my line is unreachable, i may be at the farm or a location out of network reach.
you can also check my website... www.farmlifeng.com
thks for ur reply bro av already add u ooooo.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Johnnyessence(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
achidominic:
Pls,how long does it take for plantain to reach maturity,because I planted about 500 plantain suckers in june 2014 but up till now january 2015 they are not yet due for harvest. What could be the reason behind ?
it takes 10-12 months for the plantain to start harvest first thing i will ask u is that which type of suckers do u purchase hmmmmm.secondly,is ur soil a loamy soil.thirdly, hope u are applying irrigation method to ur farm. fifthly, av u applied manure to it. and pls post the picture of ur farm here for people to see it oooo and comment on it.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 12:41am On Jan 10, 2016
boluwajokosegun:
Thanks @moyanbe, of a truth rain gun is a must this year for any serious farmer who wants to make good profit
No doubt about it. this period that we are experiencing the climate change and other negative weather conditions is best to practice irrigated agriculture. am really enjoying the raingun on the field. its being used daily so as to meet the plantains water requirement. i will keep updating on how the gun sprayer works.
for those that are interested in the raingun should contact me.
.........You dont need to wait for rain before you start farming and rain should not determine your fate.... www.farmlifeng.com
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2016
Manpower planning is key to business success
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2016
The Best Way to Start a Business is to Plan the Business. A Well Planned Business
Stands the Test of Time and Opens Door for Opportunities
Contact 08120528950 call & WhatsApp
If you run business without business plan it is not too late to have one which makes
you business to have a great & better success
It will show you both entry & exit point of the business
It will tell you all the available strategies to succeed in the business
It will open your eyes to how & when to employ staff
It will show you the best accounting software or mode to use
It will show you the best, most effective & cheap marketing channels for your a
starting business
It will show you the most effective way to manage your starting business
It will position you for grants, loan etc
It will show you how to leverage on all the available advantages in your business
industry
And lots more
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
Don't go into any business with out business plan, it is the police officer to the business

A check for business performance
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Good morning
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2016
Start organic plantain farm today and process for export
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by IamUmason(m): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2016
sir what is the size in square metres of the one acre u used in ur estimate?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
IamUmason:
sir what is the size in square metres of the one acre u used in ur estimate?
your questions seems not understandable. Kindly restructure it
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by IamUmason(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
Moyanbe:
your questions seems not understandable. Kindly restructure it
i mean if i am to start a 1000 suckers farm, what land space will I require? Thanks
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
It all depends on your spacing, 2 by 2 will give 1000 while higher spacing will give you lower number of suckers to plant
IamUmason:

i mean if i am to start a 1000 suckers farm, what land space will I require? Thanks
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2016
A plot is 60ft by 120ft in my farm location and an acre is 6 plots so do the math
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2016
Do you need farmland almost virgin land where cocoa can grow best for plantain Then call me or WhatsApp 08120528950 Land in obada in Abeokuta almost close to express way for 420k per acre
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Is your farm suffering from water deficiency? Why can't you get yourself a better style of irrigation.. Only one gun sprayer is enough for 1 acre of land... You Don't even need stream as a source of water to use it. The pictures below will convince you.
NB: more pictures and videos are available for interested person.
NB: limited stock available.
.... We care at FarmLife NG
www.farmlifeng.com

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Aqudo: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Moyanbe:
Is your farm suffering from water deficiency? Why can't you get yourself a better style of irrigation.. Only one gun sprayer is enough for 1 acre of land... You Don't even need stream as a source of water to use it. The pictures below will convince you.
NB: more pictures and videos are available for interested person.
NB: limited stock available.
.... We care at FarmLife NG
www.farmlifeng.com

Do you connect the rain gun directly to the tank without a pumping machine.?
If Yes, can the dispersed water travel far (without d pumping machine)?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
No.... The rain gun is connected to the water pump and then to the tank. You can check out website to see the whole pictures
Aqudo:

Do you connect the rain gun directly to the tank without a pumping machine.?
If Yes, can the dispersed water travel far (without d pumping machine)?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Aqudo: 5:45am On Jan 27, 2016
Moyanbe:
No.... The rain gun is connected to the water pump and then to the tank. You can check out website to see the whole pictures
Alright. From the video, the spraying appears to be fixed. Can it be adjusted to rotate round 360deg?

"Water pump machine: it could be15hp with 30m3/hr"-Moyanbe.
... 30metre cube which means it can drain almost 5 geepee tanks within an hour?
Hope the pressure can not compress/crush the plastic tank after draining the water?
Sorry for bothering you with too many questions.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 7:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Questions are highly welcome... I will make sure I uploaded a video with better coverage soon, my gadgets for aerial viewing will arrive soon. To your question... The rain gun rotates 360 degree, it is not in a fixed position.
Also, the pressure can't crush the tank or compress it, reason being that the height of water in the tank also help the water pump to suck enough water. Immediately the water level drops down to about 20cm in the tank, the pressure drops and then the water pump machine is switched off. I also be coming up with a video of about 6 tanks connected together with about 4 rain guns
Aqudo:

Alright. From the video, the spraying appears to be fixed. Can it be adjusted to rotate round 360deg?

"Water pump machine: it could be15hp with 30m3/hr"-Moyanbe.
... 30metre cube which means it can drain almost 5 geepee tanks within an hour?
Hope the pressure can not compress/crush the plastic tank after draining the water?
Sorry for bothering you with too many questions.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by IamUmason(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
boluwajokosegun:
A plot is 60ft by 120ft in my farm location and an acre is 6 plots so do the math
ur calculation os 300 by 600 but I have a ready 500 by 500
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by IamUmason(m): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
without irrigation wont it workout? cos I didnt add that in my initial plans
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
It will certainly work out but you may be helpless if irrigation is not planned and rain cease to fall or scanty rain fall. Example is last year weather. It is needed for any serious farmer to have irrigation gadgets available so that plant won't suffer from water scarcity
IamUmason:
without irrigation wont it workout? cos I didnt add that in my initial plans
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Aqudo: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
Moyanbe:
As I have earlier decided to get bk on the performance of the gun sprayers... It was tested on Tuesday but I had challenges and was unable to use it efficiently. The first challenge was that the water source tank is too small(3000litres). I also noticed that the deeper the depth of water source, the higher the performance of the pump and gun sprayer.
The second challenge was that a stand from the tripod broke at the point where it was welded.
Now.. The performance of the gun sprayer
Due to the shallow depth of the tank... It still spray to a radius of 15-20m but I believe when all things have been corrected, it will reach a minimum of 30m radius.
Another thing I noticed was that it was spraying water in form of dew and rain as the whole diameter covered was filled with wet soil. Moreover, something that resembles rainbow colour was formed in the dew like real rainbow in the cloud.
Am still going back to the field to perfect the work as am on the drawing table. For those that need it, I wouldn't want to quote price now cos its under testing and also for ways for the gun sprayer to give its best work. Also considering the local materials involved cos along the line, some may not be needed.
I will keep updating
Happy eid-el-malud
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance
Don't forget, irrigation agriculture is a sure way to sustainable agricultural development...
...... Do Agric, It pays
Bros you didn't update us again as you promised after you fully tested it on your farm.
So what is the max. distance reached by rain gun.?
What is the length of the 3" green hose.? What is the capacity of the tank you finally got and how much.? Thanks.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Moyanbe(m): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Aqudo:

Bros you didn't update us again as you promised after you fully tested it on your farm.
So what is the max. distance reached by rain gun.?
What is the length of the 3" green hose.? What is the capacity of the tank you finally got and how much.? Thanks.
I have have posted my field result on this forum.. For your sake and other, I will repeat it. The gun sprayer was successfully connected to the tank and water pump. It irrigate a radius of 35m on average which is about 1 acre on its stand. It is then moved to another sectioned and then used again. On that farm... We irrigate a minimum of 2acres a day and we finish irrigating the 5 acres in 2 to 3 days... This is repeated again same week.
The length of the 3 inch hose 100m. We cut it into half so that it can be moved easily. Another 100m is purchased for a longer distance. The capacity of the tank used is 7,500litres.
For the price, I will prefer you call or text me as I won't want to quote price here. Kindly Check my signature for my contact.
Pls note that the rain guns are available in limited stock...

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Aqudo: 1:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Moyanbe:
I have have posted my field result on this forum.. For your sake and other, I will repeat it. The gun sprayer was successfully connected to the tank and water pump. It irrigate a radius of 35m on average which is about 1 acre on its stand. It is then moved to another sectioned and then used again. On that farm... We irrigate a minimum of 2acres a day and we finish irrigating the 5 acres in 2 to 3 days... This is repeated again same week.
The length of the 3 inch hose 100m. We cut it into half so that it can be moved easily. Another 100m is purchased for a longer distance. The capacity of the tank used is 7,500litres.
For the price, I will prefer you call or text me as I won't want to quote price here. Kindly Check my signature for my contact.
Pls note that the rain guns are available in limited stock...
OK. Well done sir.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Still sourcing for farmland
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by greenmind(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Do I still need Business Plan for a farm that will be managed by a farm manager from planting to harvest?
boluwajokosegun:
Don't go into any business with out business plan, it is the police officer to the business

A check for business performance
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 11:22am On Feb 16, 2016
Yes you still need a business plan for all your businesses even if an expert is managing your farm you still need it as a business owner it is the working tools for the business
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
This year by God's grace we shall start CONTRACT FARMING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) / FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.