Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns (16195 Views)

Bala Ngilari Spent N400M On Cars / Adamawa: Ngilari Thanks Adamawa State Assembly For Impeaching Nyako / ADAMAWA. Mr. Bala Ngilari Taking Oath Of Office As Governor. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Eldavido1: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
There is high security presence on the road leading to the Assembly and inside the complex.

The embattled Deputy Governor of Adamawa State, Bala Ngilari, who is facing impeachment charges alongside his principal, Murtala Nyako, has resigned from office.

Mr. Ngilari’s resignation letter was read at plenary by the speaker of the Assembly, Umaru Fintiri, after which the lawmakers approved it.

The House is sitting today to consider the report of the seven-member investigative panel, appointed to probe allegations of financial impropriety against the governor and his deputy.

The committee submitted its report to the House on Monday.

There is high security presence on the road leading to the Assembly and inside the complex.

A source, who works with the Assembly, told PREMIUM TIMES only staff and journalists are being allowed access into the Assembly.

The source requested not to be named because he had no permission to speak to journalists on the matter.
Details later…

m.premiumtimesng.com/news/164955-breaking-adamawa-deputy-governor-bala-ngilari-resigns.html

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
good. Nyako is next...
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Eldavido1: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nyako is a gonna already!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by leerules: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
the deputy is PDP member and he has resigned.this goes out to all you people that feel PDP is behind all these

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Firefire(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
Game plan.

Goodbye Nyanko, now and in the nearest future.

You caused it.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by mencade5(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
*stirs eggs sauce, applies diced beef and 3 pinches of grinded crayfish*

bala bye bye, baba mai mangoro (nyako) u are next.

*sprinkles yellow chili to egg sauce, stirs continously* tongue

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sheet just got real!
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dear fellow nairalanders
Help you brother out by voting for my project (Afrique Merchants and Trade Services -AMTS ltd) in the on-going youth competition organised by UNESCO. The top ten voted entrants get invited to present their projects at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin, Germany with the possibility of the winners securing funding and support for their project.

The link to vote for mine is at:

https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/693

I promise it will take only a minute of your time smiley

Thanks and God bless
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
leerules: the deputy is PDP member and he has resigned.this goes out to all you people that feel PDP is behind all these

Doesn't prove anything AT ALL.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by saasala(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bye bye. Thanks for resigning.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by dridowu: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
resignation is far more better than impeach

1 Like

Impeachment every where

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
Democracy is really working in Nigeria. I didn't know that the House of Assembly will have the balls to impeach Murtala Nyako.

The deputy did an honourable thing by resigning. He would still be referred to as a former deputy Governor with all his entitlements.

I hope the EFCC moves in to arrest him and ensure that Nyako is made to pay for every penny he misappropriated during his time as Governor of Adamawa state.

I said it earlier that people like Nyako and Bukola Sakari are a creation of the PDP and cannot survive outside the great umbrella. Come 2015, Abdulfatah Ahmed shall loose woefully and worse than Kayode Fayemi.

There would be no need for Nyako to go to court cos the House followed the due course of Law in his impeachment.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Firefire(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
saasala: Bye bye. Thanks for resigning.

padimi to sure. Aku oro Adamawa sad

Politics game is too dirty

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by lazinc(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
APC on the brink? #TeamClueless

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Big4wig(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
So make i no chop gari?

Reducing friends and living a private lyf has nothing to do with pride... buh had a whole lot to do with avoiding bullshit ‪#gbam

btw Tall flat girls with BIG HEAD be looking like OX STANDING FAN cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Sijo01(f): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Resignation is better than sacking impeachment

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by HudsonBanks(m): 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hmm a well planned script being played out to enable the Speaker of the house take over as acting governor if Nyako is finally impeached.

That the deputy governor is a PDP member doesn't prove the PDP doesn't have a hand in the impeachment, it only proves that certain agreements have been made behind the curtains.

Observing with keen interest.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
None of my business. Nigerian politics.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Decibel: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
A honourable thing to do.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by adeoladeola(f): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
The Governor himself has already been impeached.
Indeed, politics is truly a game.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by MrMcJay(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hmmn...

Brethren, what shall it profit a (fisher)man to gain the whole Adamawa State and still lose his own seat in 2015?

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
The man na wise sharp fellow, He struck a deal to resign instead of been impeach alongside Nyako and he was exonerated while nyako got the butt.

APC hope you guys are learning politics? No be to make noise and throw tantrums be politics

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Lilimax(f): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
He took the right decision instead of being impeached undecided

Naija politics... I jump and pass embarassed
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by retepmurt(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
dridowu: resignation is far more better than impeach
far better than,much better than.A slip of 'hand',i think.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Datas121(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Am just waiting for the impeachment of NYAKO undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by stdavidsally: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
All Na Politics!!!
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by priscaoge(f): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Politics is a dirty game!
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by Decibel: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Politcs in Nigeria is the best in the whole world. Full of comedy.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by damola311: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
I hear
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by neksummi(m): 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nyako has been impeached!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns by LMAyedun(m): 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
I dey lafff!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Courtesy Visit From Kogi Traditional Rulers / Edo 2020: PDP Mounts Pressure On Obaseki To Defect / Femi Adesina Celebrates Buhari’s 77 Birthday: Tell Baba We Are With Him All Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.