Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,109 members, 7,957,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA (1252 Views)

Jonathan Congratulates Talon, President-Elect Of Benin Republic. / Osinbajo At The 55th Anniversary Of NBA (Pics) / Arch. Darius Dickson Ishaku Of PDP Emerge Governor Elect Of Taraba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Abagworo(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has a new President-elect. He is Mr Augustine Alegeh, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

In the elections of the association contested on Tuesday, in Abuja, Mr Alegeh polled a total of 691 votes to beat his closest rival, Mr Dele Adesina, SAN.

Mr Adesina came second with total votes of 370. Mrs Funke Adekoya, SAN, the only female candidate in the race came third with 255 votes, while a fourth Senior Advocate who also contested the race, Mr Niyi Akintola polled 126 votes to place fourth. Mr Justus Erhabor polled 17 votes to place fifth.

The new President-elect, Mr Augustine Alegeh, is from the Benin branch of the NBA and a member of the Mid-West forum of the association.

With this result, it appears the zoning process of the association has been jettisoned as the presidential elections were zoned to the South-West.

The President-elect and all newly elected officials of the association will be sworn in on the last day of the Annual General Conference of the NBA to be held in Owerri, Imo State between August 24 and 29. http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/15/alegeh-emerges-as-president-elect-of-nba/
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by bloodykiller: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
grin

abagworo
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Abagworo(m): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
bloodykiller: grin

abagworo
. Bloodykiller
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by bloodykiller: 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Abagworo: . Bloodykiller

thats me my nomenclature my son
am a real killer
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Maxymilliano(m): 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
Let me wait for Femi Falana's reaction to this piece of news before i respond officially
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by seanet02: 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Maxymilliano: Let me wait for Femi Falana's reaction to this piece of news before i respond officially
Wetin be Falana own in your own response? And officially? You Maximilliano? Well, I don't expect Falana to say anything other than congratulations. The zoning issue will be sorted out in the future. The south west should move on and have the heart that it was actually a descendant of Oduduwa that won the election.
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Maxymilliano(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
seanet02: Wetin be Falana own in your own response? And officially? You Maximilliano? Well, I don't expect Falana to say anything other than congratulations. The zoning issue will be sorted out in the future. The south west should move on and have the heart that it was actually a descendant of Oduduwa that won the election.

in case you don't know, Falana accused NBA of falsifying voters register, and threatens legal action.

Sadly, the candidate he supported loss the NBA president election.
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
space booked
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Adelaide2: 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
SW thrown under the bus again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
Adelaide2: SW thrown under the bus again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
. Say no to zoning. NBA is a pacesetter.
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by seanet02: 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Maxymilliano:

in case you don't know, Falana accused NBA of falsifying voters register, and threatens legal action.

Sadly, the candidate he supported loss the NBA president election.
Of course I know. Falana may go to court but I can assure you the South western group will not fight it out now.
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by Abagworo(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2014
Politics everywhere
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by shizzle11(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2014
I believe the best candidate won, congrats to him cool
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by manmade(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2014
shizzle11: I believe the best candidate won, congrats to him cool
when u zone a post to SW and 3 contestants from SW vied for the same post ,what do u xpect than vote splitting as it happened in the election.
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by ogmask: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2014
I hope the NBA will find its teeth in Mr Alegeh's leadership. The out going president has been very docile in the face of all the political crises in some states judiciary, houses of assembly and local govt palava etc. Not even on national issues, nothing was heard frm the NBA led by Oke Wali. The last time the NBA raised a finger was during Daudu Joseph's reign.

Oke Wali you have played ur part. I hope your exit will bring the once vibrant NBA back to life.

Congratulation to the newly elected president.
Re: Breaking! Alegeh Emerges As President-elect Of NBA by maestroferddi: 11:20am On Jul 17, 2014
ogmask: I hope the NBA will find its teeth in Mr Alegeh's leadership. The out going president has been very docile in the face of all the political crises in some states judiciary, houses of assembly and local govt palava etc. Not even on national issues, nothing was heard frm the NBA led by Oke Wali. The last time the NBA raised a finger was during Daudu Joseph's reign.

Oke Wali you have played ur part. I hope your exit will bring the once vibrant NBA back to life.

Congratulation to the newly elected president.
Na today?! Dauda that ran the NBA like a private fiefdom and was courting controversies on per second billing. Under his tenure the body was grievously partisan and was seriously losing traction in professionalism. On the contrary, Wali's tenure brought back democracy and restored conviviality among lawyers. I am sure the organisation will be better for it now as all hands are now pulling in the same direction.

(1) (Reply)

Lagbaja Shun Osun State PDP Rally / APC Reacts To Ribadu's Decampment / Why I Am Not Active In PDP - Obasanjo Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.