Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,232 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition (2219 Views)

US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
The parents of the kidnapped Chibok students said
‘no’ to a meeting with Nigerian President Goodluck
Jonathan on Tuesday, the BBC reports. Their
rejection of the Tuesday meet-up in Abuja was
unexpected, and has struck a blow to the
president’s ongoing charm offensive.
The meeting was a staged event organized by
Levick, the Washington-based PR firm, and
President Goodluck Jonthan was set to formally
meet and be photographed with the families of the
students abducted by Boko Haram in mid-April. 17
Chibok residents were expected to meet with the
president, including five of the students who had
managed to escape. However, the Borno State
families, in a surprising last minute move,
reportedly called it off.

In a statement issued to the national media, and
one SaharaReporters obtained, the president’s
office blamed opposition forces for the cancellation,
and put out the following:
“It now appears that our fight to get the girls of
Chibok back is not only a fight against a terrorist
insurgency, but also against a political opposition.”
“It is with great regret that I announce the
cancellation of the meeting with 12 parents of the
abducted Chibock children, as well as five of the
brave girls who escaped from the terrorist
organization Boko Haram. I scheduled this
meeting, which was to be open to the media for
coverage by Nigerian and international press, to
listen to their stories and to privately brief the
parents and the girls on our efforts to rescue the
abducted girls.”
“My priority is not politics. My priority is the return
of these girls.”
“Unfortunately, political forces within the Nigerian
chapter of Bring Back Our Girls have decided to
take this opportunity to play politics with the
situation and the grief of the parents and the girls.
They should be ashamed of their actions.”
“Those who would manipulate the victims of
terrorism for their own benefit, are engaging in a
similar kind of evil: psychological terrorism.”
“I want to be clear, this government stands with
complete solidarity with the girls and their parents.
We are doing everything in our power to bring
back our girls. Despite the shameful and
disgusting games being played by the Nigerian
chapter of Bring Back Our Girls, as a father of girls,
I stand ready to meet with the parents of our
abducted children and the truly brave girls that
have escaped this nightmare through the grace of
God.”
The “summit” was supposed to be a public
relations opportunity for President Jonathan. That
summit with 12 parents of the abducted Chibok
students in the Nigerian capital would have been
invaluable to him politically.
In May, President Jonathan had backed out of a
scheduled meeting with the parents of the
kidnapped Chibok students while visiting Borno
State.
Military forces traveling with the president cited
security concerns that prevented Jonathan from
visiting Chibok back then. Some Chibok residents
speaking with a SaharaReporters correspondent
afterwards said they felt ‘snubbed’ by the
president’s bailout on the visit.
Phillip Elwood, the Vice President of the Levick
firm, told a SaharaReporters correspondent hours
after the cancelled event that the reasoning for the
Jonathan bailout was that “they are facing a crisis
on the ground.” Elwood offered no further
information, and told the correspondent to call
back later for more information.
SaharaReporters did call back, but Elwood’s phone
immediately forwarded to voice mail. At press
time, there was no mention of the cancelled event
on the company’s web site.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/07/15/chibok-girls-families-reject-presidential-meeting-jonathan-blames-opposition

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by vedaxcool(m): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin gringrin gringrin grin

Na so disgrace and shame go dey follow jona till we vote him out of office! Why should he remember that the parents exist after his wife claimed no girl was kidnapped and little Malala ordered him to meet with them? Nonsense!!! Allah Yaisa!!!

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Sloan: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
I wonder how some paid cursed phools can still defend this empty sack of beans called Jonathan. The police kills someone with a stray bullet, Nigerians cry and complain, and even come to NL to do so! The army brutalizes someone, and they come here to complain, I mean only one person. Now, hundreds of people have been kidnapped and thousands killed and guess what? The government is doing nothing and instead blames the opposition? Even if you are paid, do you not know that your children's tomorrow is being eaten today? Where is Abacha today? Where is Hitler today? Jonathan will not be president forever, I wonder what will be of his end which must be worse than Abachas!

13 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by figment232(m): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rubbish! These faceless parents of chibok gals.they re just scared of being discovered to be impostors.maybe SSS was planning to pick them up for impersonation,dats y they were afraid to show up.CHIBOK IS A SCAM

9 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by C0llynzO2: 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
The fake, foster, paid, acting parents of the Chibok girls do not want their sham exposed.

5 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by olapluto(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
OK, so lets get things straight....for many nights the girls were in captivity, GEJ was not keen to meet them, rather he was very keen to 'play politics' by visiting Kano.
For many days, GEJ and his wife REFUSED to believe any girl was kidnapped, thus increasing the pain of the families
For many days, GEJ and his cabinet actively victimised the victims of this sad event
Now, with ZERO attempt at getting any of the remaining girls, GEJ wants to score political point on world media platform.
He failed, he is distraught, Okupe is 'getting emotional', calling it a dark day for Nigeria. I wonder if it was a white day the day the girls were kidnapped.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28318259

10 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by atlwireles: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
[s]
Sloan: I wonder how some paid cursed phools can still defend this empty sack of beans called Jonathan. The police kills someone with a stray bullet, Nigerians cry and complain, and even come to NL to do so! The army brutalizes someone, and they come here to complain, I mean only one person. Now, hundreds of people have been kidnapped and thousands killed and guess what? The government is doing nothing and instead blames the opposition? Even if you are paid, do you not know that your children's tomorrow is being eaten today? Where is Abacha today? Where is Hitler today? Jonathan will not be president forever, I wonder what will be of his end which must be worse than Abachas!
[/s]

See hbp, don't allow Jonah give you hypertension. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by olapluto(m): 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
figment232: Rubbish! These faceless parents of chibok gals.they re just scared of being discovered to be impostors.maybe SSS was planning to pick them up for impersonation,dats y they were afraid to show up.CHIBOK IS A SCAM
C0llynzO2: The fake, foster, paid, acting parents of the Chibok girls do not want their sham exposed.
You can continue to think within the little cirlce you've imprisoned yourselves in. The world is laughing at GEJ. A president has just been snubbed by average Nigerians.
His spox is almost shi.tt.ing his pants on BBC. That alone should tell you the level of embarassment it is for a president to be snubbed so badly.

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
Does it matter? GEJ is working, loud mouth are shouting bring back our girlz at the end hard work pays.

5 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by disloman(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
That's d power of d pple.U remembered u sent them to chibok to protest to BH.Now,u want to av meeting with them,go to chibok.Shikena.wahala dey there ni?

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by disloman(m): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: Does it matter? GEJ is working, loud mouth are shouting bring back our girlz at the end hard work pays.
working indeed.Girl!that shows ur president ain't b respected.period.

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by C0llynzO2: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
olapluto:

You can continue to think within the little cirlce you've imprisoned yourselves in. The world is laughing at GEJ. A president has just been snubbed by average Nigerians.
His spox is almost shi.tt.ing his pants on BBC. That alone should tell you the level of embarassment it is for a president to be snubbed so badly.
What exactly does your BBC article prove? It is the same statement from Okupe that is all over the local media, so what is the big deal if the BBC carries it? Are you one of those that lick the arsès of whites?
As for the acting parents of the Chibok girls, I maintain that the snubbed the meeting for fear of being exposed.
Take it or leave it!

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by disloman(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
atlwireles: [s][/s]

See hbp, don't allow Jonah give you hypertension. grin grin grin grin
this is nt abt aving HP but criticising him n letting him knw what his duties r n want d best 4 this country.bt U?U r just getting paid ni.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Hangard: 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sloan: I wonder how some paid cursed phools can still defend this empty sack of beans called Jonathan. The police kills someone with a stray bullet, Nigerians cry and complain, and even come to NL to do so! The army brutalizes someone, and they come here to complain, I mean only one person. Now, hundreds of people have been kidnapped and thousands killed and guess what? The government is doing nothing and instead blames the opposition? Even if you are paid, do you not know that your children's tomorrow is being eaten today? Where is Abacha today? Where is Hitler today? Jonathan will not be president forever, I wonder what will be of his end which must be worse than Abachas!
Are you telling me that you will live for ever on this earth that you will not die one day just like every living creature on this earth. I wonder how much the opposition is paying you, if you guys think you can use Chibok kidnapping to frustrate this government you must be joking. Tell me which sane person play politics with the life's of the children like their parent are doing.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by disloman(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
What exactly does your BBC article prove? It is the same statement from Okupe that is all over the local media, so what is the big deal if the BBC carries it? Are you one of those that lick the arsès of whites?
As for the acting parents of the Chibok girls, I maintain that the snubbed the meeting for fear of being exposed.
Take it or leave it!
These PDP E-goats r just daft in nature.SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Hangard: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
olapluto:

See heart attack.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by henrysam(m): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
vedaxcool: grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na so disgrace and shame go dey follow jona till we vote him out of office! Why should he remember that the parents exist after his wife claimed no girl was kidnapped and little Malala ordered him to meet with them? Nonsense!!! Allah Yaisa!!!
And u n ur family too.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by kokoA(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mr. President should let these people be abeg.. Does he expect them to leave their daily hustle and come to Abj to see him? It's been three months already, they are trying to pick up pieces of their lives and live with the pains that their children may never return to them again.. Seeing him will only open up old scars. If he decides to see them by all means, he knows where to find them.. They still reside in Chibok.

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by C0llynzO2: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
kokoA: Mr. President should let these people be abeg.. Does he expect them to leave their daily hustle and come to Abj to see him? It's been three months already, they are trying to pick up pieces of their lives and live with the pains that their children may never return to them again.. Seeing him will only open up old scars. If he decides to see them by all means, he knows where to find them.. They still reside in Chibok.
You are wrong!
They reside in Abuja, they are always there.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by kokoA(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
You are wrong!
They reside in Abuja, they are always there.
where ever they are, if he really wants to see them let him look for them not the other way round. That's the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by wecan: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
kokoA: Mr. President should let these people be abeg.. Does he expect them to leave their daily hustle and come to Abj to see him? It's been three months already, they are trying to pick up pieces of their lives and live with the pains that their children may never return to them again.. Seeing him will only open up old scars. If he decides to see them by all means, he knows where to find them.. They still reside in Chibok.

No girls are missing, If the girls are truly missing, then their parents should come out boldly and face Mr. President. The Northerners want to use this so called Chibok girls are missing to kill Mr. President the way they killed Aguyi Ironsi. So Mr. President, you shouldn't fall for their cheap trap

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
wecan:

No girls are missing, If the girls are truly missing, then their parents should come out boldly and face Mr. President. The Northerners want to use this so called Chibok girls are missing to kill Mr. President the way they killed Aguyi Ironsi. So Mr. President, you shouldn't fall for their cheap trap
pls stop being delusional and come to the reality of the girls actually been kidnapped.

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by otokx(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Is there no PR firm in the entire Nigeria that we have to go to Washington?

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe: Does it matter? GEJ is working, loud mouth are shouting bring back our girlz at the end hard work pays.
gej is working, just imagine ur siblings is among the kidnapped will you say this? what goes around comes around.

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by GBTYO: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
but they agreed to have a sit down with a pakistani teenager because she was ready to dash them $250,000

scammers

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by GBTYO: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
franciskaine: pls stop being delusional and come to the reality of the girls actually been kidnapped.

and what proof do you have that this actually happened?

don't say because CNN, BBC or any other b.s. MSM said it happened then that translates that it did happen.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

and what proof do you have that this actually happened?

don't say because CNN, BBC or any other b.s. MSM said it happened then that translates that it did happen.

and what sources have you based your information all these while? bro, u and I don't generate news but rely on our media either print or otherwise to feed us daily. we only do some little mental adjustment by trying not to be subjective in analyzing these issues.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by GBTYO: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
franciskaine: and what sources have you based your information all these while? bro, u and I don't generate news but rely on our media either print or otherwise to feed us daily.

common sense.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO:

common sense.

pardon! dat u believe or not does not hold water. I don't think the world wud come crying over a mere hoax generated by a pple. am very much surprised that someone is still doubting the authenticity of dis kidnap brouhaha.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by deriod(m): 12:06am On Jul 16, 2014
I'm sure Gej will soon blame d opposition for his wife's English.incompetent man.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by deriod(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2014
I'm sure Gej will soon blame d opposition for his wife's English.incompetent man.always wanting sympathy from his followers.
Re: Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition by deriod(m): 12:08am On Jul 16, 2014
I'm sure Gej will soon blame d opposition for his wife's English.incompetent man.always wanting sympathy from Nigerians & d world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

'de Law' Arrested At Apc Rally / EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram ‘funded Through CBN’ / President Joanthan Hired Another Boko Haram Negotiator (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.