Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,902 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (196182 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2014
gameboi:
I didn't really understand you. Do you mean tritones for scales or chords?

Both!! angry angry angry
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2014
Giannakopoulos:
(1)Have you tried this on key of C while moving from III-VI chord,you play Bdim-(Emin#5#9)-F#dim7-G#dim7-(Amin7), F# & G#dim7 are accidental passing chords.(2)Apart from using dim & tritones as passing chords,can one replace them for the main chords,for instance,instead of playing G major(G-D-G//G-B-D) one substitute for its tritone(F-B//E-A-C#) or (F-B//A-D-F#) as the case may be(ie LH//RH).(3) what makes a chord have a dissonant sound for instance,the chord I'm should stay on is G(ie "soh" for key C) but I hear a dissonant,weird sound coming out instead of the very common,harmonious sound we use to hear,what do you think the keyboardist added to the chord to make it dissonant,& please don't tell he added a dom7 or maj7 bc I may not agree,I hope you understand my contributions as well as questions.
sorry for replying late. I actually saw your post but didn't read it fully. I only read the part with chord names. Your questions and contributions are fully welcomed. I'd reply you when I get back from church.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Though this is off-thread,but any drummer in Uyo is needed for urgent services and would be paid on monthly basis.(He/She should be able to play contemporary patterns),please quote me if you are interested.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Giannakopoulos:
Though this is off-thread,but any drummer in Uyo is needed for urgent services and would be paid on monthly basis.(He/She should be able to play contemporary patterns),please quote me if you are interested.
no probs..someone might knw a drummer in uyo...but i dont knw though
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
The other names for tritones are augmented fourth or diminished fifth. There are only two tritones for any particular scale. And tritones are gotten by counting three whole steps from the present note. In the key of C, the tritones are C-F# and F- B. So, what's the argument about?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
gameboi:
The other names for tritones are augmented fourth or diminished fifth. There are only two tritones for any particular scale. And tritones are gotten by counting three whole steps from the present note. In the key of C, the tritones are C-F# and F- B. So, what's the argument about?

Is this explanation for me or it's just to settle the duel between Dramydidy and Gianno? undecided grin

Anyways, it's quite helpful.

@in bold, why hasn't somebody put it in that simple term, huh?

...eerrm gameboi, warrabout the slash chord you said you'll give me?

One last question, why do we call it Tritones when the sound come from the combination of two keys?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Karleb:

Is this explanation for me or it's just to settle the duel between Dramydidy and Gianno? undecided grin
I forgot to add 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'.

Karleb:

because a Lot of keyboardists know it as Tritones.

Karleb:

I'll do that Later. I've been very busy.

Karleb:

One last question, why do we call it Tritones when the sound come from the combination of two keys?
it's TRI - tones. Meaning 3 whole notes.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:04am On Oct 15, 2014
Karleb:

I forgot to add 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'.

Karleb:

because a Lot of keyboardists know it as Tritones.

Karleb:

I'll do that Later. I've been very busy.

Karleb:

it's TRI - tones. Meaning that the notes are separated by 3 whole steps.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Please guys how do I get to record something of 250kb on here?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Have you ever heard of the "drop two" voicing If you listen to Marvin sapp's you are God alone... Kevin bond used drop twos on diminished chords scatter the song. Drop 2 simply means "counting from the bottom (last note), the second note will be removed from the right hand and placed in the left hand. Not to worry that your chord is rootless, the bassist is backing you up. I dropped the link to a video, "idi nma", for those that didn't get to watch it I will try and use writing to explain how drop 2 can be used in the song :

On C :
I- C//G C E
C//Gb Eb
Eb//A Gb
Di- Gb//C A
Ab// D B (B dim)
Nma - A// G B D

Please try and study it carefully, I wouldn't want where someone hasn't fully learnt how to play what I just wrote would come and say something else i would be glad to explain, but as far as you know the song this chord progression is gonna be easy to learn. So when you hear a diminished chord playing with your ears it just might be a drop 2 voicing, please ask your questions if this isn't clear to you
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Jamal Hartwell is such a wonderful pianist... I used to download his videos then but tubidy.com just showed me more videos and I would like to share with the house...just write Jamal Hartwell in the search bar... He's really a great funk/soul players and he also has lessons on how to use pianos to your taste
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello bukkytroni wah did u wanna say
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
Good day everybody how are we doing? Always busy dats y I don't talk most times but my spirit is always here

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
Pianistsegz200:
Good day everybody how are we doing? Always busy dats y I don't talk most times but my spirit is always here

If your really sure about this comment then drop something here?!
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
@gamboi, how are you doing?

Bro I've got a question, for instance I'm playing on the key of Fmajor which automatically makes my fmajor7 chord F A C E, so if I'm going to play my bflat7 chord and I'm still on thesame Fmajor key will it be Bb D E F or Bb D F A?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Karleb:

Bro I've got a question, for instance I'm playing on the key of Fmajor which automatically makes my fmajor7 chord F A C E, so if I'm going to play my bflat7 chord and I'm still on thesame Fmajor key will it be Bb D E F or Bb D F A?
shhd be d second one
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Dramadiddy:
shhd be d second one

Bro when I said the bflat7 I mean the 'fah' chord of fmajor.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Karleb:

Bro when I said the bflat7 I mean the 'fah' chord of fmajor.
okay shd b Bb D F Ab
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Temmy47: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hello everyone.. Does anyone know a pro pianist in ikorodu area..??
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
I've noticed that most times, why people on here don't understand my response to their questions is that, some questions by some people are not well structured, i don't understand how I'm gonna give someone "Makossa" chords and what not.. Quite alright i don't know everything, but trust me I know a lot... And if i don't know i would like to learn so pls im sorry if i offended anyone particularly giannakopoulos, but i hate it when I'm told I don't understand what I explained to you, you would say my explanation is not clear, anyway I'm sorry if i offended you or anyone
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
Temmy47:
Hello everyone.. Does anyone know a pro pianist in ikorodu area..??
no but u can post ur question
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Dramadiddy:
okay shd b Bb D F Ab

Actually, I was talking about major7 not dominant7.

Thanks anyways, but why do you keep using 'should be'? undecided
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Karleb:

Actually, I was talking about major7 not dominant7.

Thanks anyways, but why do you keep using 'should be'? undecided
d maj7 chord was the first answer i gave u.. But u said Bb7.. Which automatically means Bb dominant 7, note dt ooo anywhere u go to once dey say C7, just know they're talking about a dominant chord, why im using should be is cos im just responding to your question..."it should be this"... doesn't really mean anything serious
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
Karleb:

a Bb7 chord is Bb-D-F-G#. While a BbM7 is Bb-D-F-A.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
Dramadiddy:
d maj7 chord was the first answer i gave u.. But u said Bb7.. Which automatically means Bb dominant 7, note dt ooo anywhere u go to once dey say C7, just know they're talking about a dominant chord, why im using should be is cos im just responding to your question..."it should be this"... doesn't really mean anything serious

wao, now I completely understand you. smiley
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
Karleb:

wao, now I completely understand you. smiley
okay by the way, what are you workin on to get better musically?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Dramadiddy:
okay by the way, what are you workin on to get better musically?

Just trying to wrap minor, sus2, sus4, 6th chord, 7th chord, argumented and diminished around my head.

Too much of major triad is affecting me. sad
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hmm! It's that time of the Year when I become a very busy person. I've had to score a ton of songs in the past weeks. From Sinach's Blessed and Marvin Sapp's Praise him In advance to Casting Crown's Praise you in the storm and some others.
By the way, I've been wondering why Black-American Keyboardists are so good at inventing mesmerising chords.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
gameboi:
Hmm! It's that time of the Year when I become a very busy person. I've had to score a ton of songs in the past weeks. From Sinach's Blessed and Marvin Sapp's Praise him In advance to Casting Crown's Praise you in the storm and some others.
By the way, I've been wondering why Black-American Keyboardists are so good at inventing mesmerising chords.

bro gamboi hope £$¥€ is invovled? wink
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 1:47am On Oct 18, 2014
Karleb:

bro gamboi hope £$¥€ is invovled? wink
Lol. It's not yet time.
How have you been?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:09am On Oct 18, 2014
Karleb:

Just trying to wrap minor, sus2, sus4, 6th chord, 7th chord, argumented and diminished around my head.

Too much of major triad is affecting me. sad
but u can play on all your keys right

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.