Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195762 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 11:40am On Dec 09, 2014
gameboi:
@greatomotoy
I'll try to do that

@karleb
KeyA
Left Hand |Right Hand
A E | A B E
F# C# | A C# E
G D | F# G D
------- | -------
what chord would be next?

G# F#- - - - - B D F#

I'm not too sure sha.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
zbone hope u got the chords I sent to you
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dramadiddy:
zbone hope u got the chords I sent to you
yeah I've seen them. its just that I have been quite busy recently, I haven't been able to study the chords and fish out the fourth chords in them. when I do, I'll let you know.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
zbone:

yeah I've seen them. its just that I have been quite busy recently, I haven't been able to study the chords and fish out the fourth chords in them. when I do, I'll let you know.
i did that already, just look at the right hand chord
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
Karleb:

G# F#- - - - - B D F#

I'm not too sure sha.
wrong. I'll tell you the chord that resolves it later. I'm not with a keyboard now.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Elegbede205(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hello keboardist.

Erm if a guitarist wana backup in a church or a band or even anywhere.how does he get the chords to use?
Is it the porpular 1-4-5 or some kinda sequence?,(if so) in what key?
Thanks guys,awa guitarist thread in not really functionin like that.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dramadiddy:
zbone I got some chords that have fourth chords in them, we have(On C) :

1) Dom13 : C G Bb E(hope ur hand cn stretch for this E sha),//A D G
b) Dom13 : C G Bb// E A D

2) Domb13b5b9 : C G Bb E//Ab Db Gb

3) Dom#9#5 : C G E//Bb Eb Ab

4) Min13 : C Bb Eb// A D G

5) Minb13 : C G D//Bb Eb Ab

6) Minb13b9 : C G Db//Bb Eb Ab

7) Minb13#11 : C Gb D//Bb Eb Ab

cool Minb13b9 : C G Db//Bb Eb Ab

9) Maj13 : C G B//E A D

10) Majb13b5b9 : C G B E//Ab Db Gb

yeah, I just took a proper look at the chords. I couldn't make some of those stretches on the L.h though. I like the voicings, they sound really open with the fourth chords on the R.h. do you have like examples like on what bass note I can use any of these chords and what chord it will usually resolve to?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
zbone:

yeah, I just took a proper look at the chords. I couldn't make some of those stretches on the L.h though. I like the voicings, they sound really open with the fourth chords on the R.h. do you have like examples like on what bass note I can use any of these chords and what chord it will usually resolve to?
any minor can work for the 2,3,5,6,7 nd sometimes 4...the dominant can work for the 7,6,5,4 and 3 while the major can work on the 1,4 and sometimes 6...that one of what it will resolve to, i seriously dont knw hw to explain it thru writing
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Elegbede205:
Hello keboardist.

Erm if a guitarist wana backup in a church or a band or even anywhere.how does he get the chords to use?
Is it the porpular 1-4-5 or some kinda sequence?,(if so) in what key?
Thanks guys,awa guitarist thread in not really functionin like that.

sorry the question is not clear
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dramadiddy:
any minor can work for the 2,3,5,6,7 nd sometimes 4...the dominant can work for the 7,6,5,4 and 3 while the major can work on the 1,4 and sometimes 6...that one of what it will resolve to, i seriously dont knw hw to explain it thru writing
thanks. I will try to use these ideas. hopefully I can come up with the right questions. you're the best.
how about a video on YouTube?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
zbone:

thanks. I will try to use these ideas. hopefully I can come up with the right questions. you're the best.
how about a video on YouTube?
yeah I ll definitely do somethng..I guess I have a lot of videos to make now yeah? wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dramadiddy:
yeah I ll definitely do somethng..I guess I have a lot of videos to make now yeah? wink
yes u do o. we need more Nigerian pianists on YouTube giving us a naija perspective. I don't get to see many of them who really share good stuff.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Elegbede205(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dramadiddy:
sorry the question is not clear
lemme shoot it straight.

How do you kno the chord progression to use when playin in a church mayb during praise?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:07am On Dec 10, 2014
Guys, can we talk about blues pentatonic minors? undecided

As in, why is it hexatonic?

How do I form my chords?

...and how do I play it sef?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2014
Elegbede205:

lemme shoot it straight.

How do you kno the chord progression to use when playin in a church mayb during praise?
U have to learn the song from someone
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2014
zbone:

yes u do o. we need more Nigerian pianists on YouTube giving us a naija perspective. I don't get to see many of them who really share good stuff.
lol sometimes I think I'm not up to the task thats why I just stayed on nairaland where I'll b anonymous
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Elegbede205(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2014
Dramadiddy:
U have to learn the song from someone
wow so i have to learn every song the person is gonna sing that day or sing after that day if i want to play the guitar...not making sence atol tho
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2014
Dramadiddy:
lol sometimes I think I'm not up to the task thats why I just stayed on nairaland where I'll b anonymous
noooo... its about sharing knowledge with people o and trust me people will appreciate it. I know people who aren't as good as you, but they still post stuff on YouTube. it will be really NYC if u can see it as another means of developing urself. Its something I'm looking into myself.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2014
zbone:

noooo... its about sharing knowledge with people o and trust me people will appreciate it. I know people who aren't as good as you, but they still post stuff on YouTube. it will be really NYC if u can see it as another means of developing urself. Its something I'm looking into myself.
hmmm okay sha
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2014
Elegbede205:

wow so i have to learn every song the person is gonna sing that day or sing after that day if i want to play the guitar...not making sence atol tho
ure shouting..na dis tin dey make pple fail audition..u have to know songs...what is hard there?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Elegbede205(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Dramadiddy:
ure shouting..na dis tin dey make pple fail audition..u have to know songs...what is hard there?
wait this also applys to keboardist abi??
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Karleb:
Guys, can we talk about blues pentatonic minors? undecided

As in, why is it hexatonic?

How do I form my chords?

...and how do I play it sef?
to be sincere, you don't really need to learn how to play blues pentatonic minor especially as a keyboardist. I only use them when I'm playing worship on the bass guitar 'cos the shape is pretty simple.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Elegbede205:

wait this also applys to keboardist abi??
yes and every musician
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
gameboi:
to be sincere, you don't really need to learn how to play blues pentatonic minor especially as a keyboardist. I only use them when I'm playing worship on the bass guitar 'cos the shape is pretty simple.

Alright. sad
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
zbone:

Gameboi, shey you dey read this? undecided
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
Karleb:

Gameboi, shey you dey read this? undecided
cheesy
Yea, I read it. But...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
gameboi:
cheesy
Yea, I read it. But...

But what? You don't have data abi? undecided
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
Karleb:

But what? You don't have data abi? undecided
it's not easy. Especially to place the camcorder at the right angle,
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
undecided
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
gameboi:
it's not easy. Especially to place the camcorder at the right angle,

Just ask one of your trainee to do that, or find a stand or something that can/will support it till you're done.

Do you really know that that is not a genuine excuse? undecided
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Elegbede205(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
Dramadiddy:
yes and every musician
alryt thanks for the information and your time.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
Karleb:

Just ask one of your trainee to do that, or find a stand or something that can/will support it till you're done.

Do you really know that that is not a genuine excuse? undecided
grin.
Okay. I'll try.
But do you know any video editing software?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.