Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,393 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195392 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2014
zbone:

e be lyk say those guys don travel go their village for Christmas grin
Hehe! grin. Especially Karleb. I'm sure he's in his villa.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2014
Dramadiddy:
im tired mehn...was in church the whole day...got a student today and im still goin somewhere else
okay. But When you recover, just drop something for your boys.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2014
gameboi:
okay. But When you recover, just drop something for your boys.
lol i hear boys
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2014
gameboi:
Hehe! grin. Especially Karleb. I'm sure he's in his villa.

Who told you? undecided cheesy

I never go villa joor, I still dey around. tongue

It's just the RCCG Holy Ghost Congress stress that's just setting in, atimes I'm sweating and catching cold at the same time. sad

I just hope that the tiredness leaves before Xmas or else, it's not going to be funny o. sad angry

Hey, it's good you guys are working on songs but as for me, I'm working on hymns. grin grin

@Drammadiddy Try and recover fast fast o.

Zbone I sight you. wink
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Karleb:

It's just the RCCG Holy Ghost Congress stress that's just setting in, atimes I'm sweating and catching cold at the same time. sad

I just hope that the tiredness leaves before Xmas or else, it's not going to be funny o. sad angry

Hey, it's good you guys are working on songs but as for me, I'm working on hymns. grin grin

Zbone I sight you. wink
yeah bro I will
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2014
Well I watched a video of one of the best pianists in this country and I was scared...this guy is craaazzy...well when I kept on watching it...what do u think i noticed?...he was playing simple things, but...with so much speed, esp the basslines and harmonizations, although the chords were complicated, I dont know 70percent of them, but If i sat down to learn it, definitely I would get it... So we all can, there are some guys here that are scared of the way some people play, but the truth is, if you knw what theyre playing, u ll knw all this shakara is only a matter of speed...and the road to knowing what they play is having the right mindset, always rehearse...dont live on past glory...glory dey finish oh!... anyways...enjoy this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVVh6CwryOM&itct=CDoQpDAiEwiEhbzorNnCAhUMNBwKHTtoAKMyCWM0LWZlZWQtdVoYVUNGaGRIWXM5VVo0RjVTd1F1Rl9jX0Nn&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
Wao... that's a Great work.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
Karleb:

Zbone I sight you. wink
karleb I hail o.
what hyms are u working on
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Well I watched a video of one of the best pianists in this country and I was scared...this guy is craaazzy...well when I kept on watching it...what do u think i noticed?...he was playing simple things, but...with so much speed, esp the basslines and harmonizations, although the chords were complicated, I dont know 70percent of them, but If i sat down to learn it, definitely I would get it... So we all can, there are some guys here that are scared of the way some people play, but the truth is, if you knw what theyre playing, u ll knw all this shakara is only a matter of speed...and the road to knowing what they play is having the right mindset, always rehearse...dont live on past glory...glory dey finish oh!... anyways...enjoy this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVVh6CwryOM&itct=CDoQpDAiEwiEhbzorNnCAhUMNBwKHTtoAKMyCWM0LWZlZWQtdVoYVUNGaGRIWXM5VVo0RjVTd1F1Rl9jX0Nn&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=NG
the guy is good but over good dey worry am
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
zbone:

the guy is good but over good dey worry am
Lool when you become advanced you wouldn't let any passage in a song have silence..buh he doesnt play like that in service ohhh...dat one dem go pursue am be dat...he just uses it as a bag of things to do when he's on an audition
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Lool when you become advanced you wouldn't let any passage in a song have silence..buh he doesnt play like that in service ohhh...dat one dem go pursue am be dat...he just uses it as a bag of things to do when he's on an audition
if he does that in service, some churches will chase him o. i think you know an advanced player by his ability to keep his listener engaged throughout a performance. the ability to control oneself, even if you know a million runs you can play at a particular point shows maturity as a musician. less is more they say.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
zbone:

if he does that in service, some churches will chase him o. i think you know an advanced player by his ability to keep his listener engaged throughout a performance. the ability to control oneself, even if you know a million runs you can play at a particular point shows maturity as a musician. less is more they say.
ddnt he keep u engaged throughout the time u watched it? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dramadiddy:
ddnt he keep u engaged throughout the time u watched it? cheesy
noo not throughout
maybe its just me, but I feel it was kinda noisy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
zbone:

karleb I hail o.
what hyms are u working on

My hymns? Ok, here's the list.

1. Silent night.

2. Joy to the world.

3. Deck the hall.

4. The first noel.

5. Hark the herald.

6. Angel from the realm of glory... to mention a few. grin

As per the video, I don't really dig the guy too although I know he's good but there is this Oscar Peterson's video that I have and it's really intimidating, lemme go check my archives.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Karleb:

My hymns? Ok, here's the list.

1. Silent night.

2. Joy to the world.

3. Deck the hall.

4. The first noel.

5. Hark the herald.

6. Angel from the realm of glory... to mention a few. grin

As per the video, I don't really dig the guy too although I know he's good but there is this Oscar Peterson's video that I have and it's really intimidating, lemme go check my archives.
kk
for the hymns are you using a score or you're playing them by ear?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
zbone:

noo not throughout
maybe its just me, but I feel it was kinda noisy
loool u nd karleb una funny oh...na my lucky una dey finish like this...well he plays for the highest paying church currently...in lekki...this present house...when you go for an audition there, u lld have to play like him or better or manageable...
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 2:22am On Dec 23, 2014
zbone:

kk
for the hymns are you using a score or you're playing them by ear?

I play it like they play hymns on a normal Sunday service..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBIyri8E8II

This is the video I was talking about, Zbone please tell me how you feel about it.

Cc: dramadiddy and gameboi..
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2014
Karleb:

This is the video I was talking about, Zbone please tell me how you feel about it.

The video is purely solo...search for "if I had you - Oscar peterson"
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:21am On Dec 23, 2014
Dramadiddy:
loool u nd karleb una funny oh...na my lucky una dey finish like this...well he plays for the highest paying church currently...in lekki...this present house...when you go for an audition there, u lld have to play like him or better or manageable...
noo the guy is very very good
and I wasn't criticizing him or anything lyk that. I believe if a person can't play what another has played there is no basis for criticism.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2014
Karleb:

what can I say? that's a genius at a work, an accomplished musician.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Fazi15: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2014
Karleb:

wow.very nice wink
Karleb:

wow.very nice
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by cbrass(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Karleb:

K

Hmm this is no hymn at all

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2014
@Cbrass I wasn't referring to the video as an hymn, it's just to scare you. grin
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by cbrass(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
Karleb:
@Cbrass I wasn't referring to the video as an hymn, it's just to scare you. grin

Fear catch me small sha cheesy
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gememerald(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello everyone, dayo here got some knowledge in keyboard, I can play trumpet, cornet, sax and clarinet.

@karleb check out this man called "anthony burger" he plays for gaither. He does many styles. And from your posts, I guess you're a classical piano player.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
gememerald:
Hello everyone, dayo here got some knowledge in keyboard, I can play trumpet, cornet, sax and clarinet.

@karleb check out this man called "anthony burger" he plays for gaither. He does many styles. And from your posts, I guess you're a classical piano player.

Actually, you guessed wrong.

I'm nothing near a classical keyboardist. I'm just an intermediate contemporary keyboardist.

As per the man, I'll go Google him.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
gememerald:

hi gememerald, you're welcome. pls feel free to contribute to the thread.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by zbone(m): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Karleb:

I'm nothing near a classical keyboardist. I'm just an intermediate contemporary keyboardist.

found this video he did. pls I'll like us to pay close attention to what is said about sharing knowledge, it is profound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0UyTOHLvJE&itct=CE4QpDAYACITCPfMmvqH3cICFUaIcAod4hkAvlIOYW50aG9ueSBidXJnZXI%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gememerald(m): 8:57am On Dec 24, 2014
zbone:

hi gememerald, you're welcome. pls feel free to contribute to the thread.

Thanks zbone
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gememerald(m): 9:05am On Dec 24, 2014
zbone:

found this video he did. pls I'll like us to pay close attention to what is said about sharing knowledge, it is profound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0UyTOHLvJE&itct=CE4QpDAYACITCPfMmvqH3cICFUaIcAod4hkAvlIOYW50aG9ueSBidXJnZXI%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

You could see he played different styles of the same song "when we all get to heaven" the man is a genius in keyboard
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gememerald(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2014
Karleb:

Ok, but can you play lines and spaces?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.