Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195383 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

Ehya! embarassed Sorry about that.

Thank God you guys are ok. Hope nothing happened to Rosekey.

She was not in the vehicle with us. We left her at Osogbo it happened while driving to Ibadan. But we all are fine ooO God is Great
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
@thread.

I just came up with a way you can play a suspended and extended chord (9th to be precise) at the same time, doesn't that sound fabulous? wink

Let's take key C for example.

The scale is: C D E F G A B C.

C Major 7 is: C E G B.

If it's C Dominant 7 you prefer, then it's : C E G Bb.

The suspended C major chord i.e Csus2 is : C D G.

Now you will invert the C D G to D G C to make it phat and holdable because that's for the bass i.e the left hand and the right hand will play CM7 or CDm7 on the treble.

The combination of both the RH et LH will now be :
D G C//C E G B Or D G C//C E G Bb.

You can try it with any 9th chord. It also works with Sus4 chords but in this case, you will have a C7 + 11 which means the 9th will be missing unless you somehow find a way to add it, which is beyond the scope of the post. grin

Makes me remember gameboi.. sad
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Scales with there Forms, Rehearse in all Keys very important
Major scale - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Minor scale - 1, 2, b3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Harmonic minor scale - 1, 2, b3,
4, 5, b6, 7
Melodic minor (ascending) - 1, 2,
b3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (same as natural
minor)
Melodic minor (descending) - 1,
2, b3, 4, 5, b6, b7
Chromatic - 1, b2, 2, 3b, 3, 4, b5,
6, #5, 6, b7, 7
Whole tone - 1, 2, 3, #4, #5, b7
Pentatonic major - 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
Pentatonic minor - 1, b3, 4, 5, b7

Follow me on Instagram
@johnsonkeyz
Shalom
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:
@thread.

I just came up with a way you can play a suspended and extended chord (9th to be precise) at the same time, doesn't that sound fabulous? wink

Now you will invert the C D G to D G C to make it phat and holdable because that's for the bass i.e the left hand and the right hand will play CM7 or CDm7 on the treble.

You can try it with any 9th chord. It also works with Sus4 chords but in this case, you will have a C7 + 11 which means the 9th will be missing unless you somehow find a way to add it, which is beyond the scope of the post. grin

C dominant 9th Sus 4
C F G Bb D
Left C F G right:E G Bb D
Now u can rearrange d voicing on the left to get G F C dats in fourth called Quartals

We also have "So whats" voicings
E.g. D G : C F A.....run chromatically
Ask ur questions below thanks
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

C dominant 9th Sus 4
C F G Bb D
Left C F G right:E G Bb D
Now u can rearrange d voicing on the left to get G F C dats in fourth called Quartals

We also have "So whats" voicings
E.g. D G : C F A.....run chromatically
Ask ur questions below thanks

cool

Do you realize that the sus4 is also the 11th? Which makes it a dominant/major 7 sus4 and dom/major 11th at the same time. wink

Shed more light on the "so what" chord pls.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Olarewajub: 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Please can someone recommend a very good keyboard android app that i can use to learn piano from scratch.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

cool

Do you realize that the sus4 is also the 11th? Which makes it a dominant/major 7 sus4 and dom/major 11th at the same time. wink

Theoretically that's not right the F u are seeing there is a 4th dats why it's sus4 it becomes an 11 when it comes after d seventh music would have been very contradicting if it was dat way and extensions wouldn't Ave made any sense if the same 4th is also 11th at same time it's not an 11th it is 4th
C E (F) (4th)G Bb D (F) it is now u can term it as an 11th
This is called number system
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Number System
On C
CDEFGAB
Extensions come only and strictly after 7ths
12345678 9 10 11 12 13
CDEFGABC(D 8 is same as 1) others do not remain dats why we call dem extensions if dey are repetitions dere would Ave been nothing called extensions...
7......B.....9 ...D....11....F....A...13
E.g.

C major triad + D major triad = C 9 #11 add 13 (C, E, G, D, F#, A)

C major triad + G major triad = C major 7 add 9 (C, E, G, G, B, D)

C major triad + Bb major triad = C 7 sus 9 (C, E, G, Bb, D, F)

C minor triad + B diminished triad = C minor/major 7 9 add 11 (C, Eb, G, B, D, F)

Theoretically and Musically
Extensions happen only after 7ths not before
Shalom
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

cool

Having shed more lights on extensions
"So what" Voicings involves a particular fourthy structure probably best known from its use in the Miles Davis composition "So what". It's a very versatile voicing since it can be superimposed without alterations in several places on different families of chords.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Theoretically that's not right the F u are seeing there is a 4th dats why it's sus4 it becomes an 11 when it comes after d seventh music would have been very contradicting if it was dat way and extensions wouldn't Ave made any sense if the same 4th is also 11th at same time it's not an 11th it is 4th
C E (F) (4th)G Bb D (F) it is now u can term it as an 11th
This is called number system

I really understand you.

But the 9th and the 11th are also the the sus2 and sus4 of any major scale and I believe that once you have the 7th/dom7 in 9th or 11th it doesn't matter where you choose to play it, whether the RH or LH you'll always have a 9th & 11th or a dom9 or dom11.

Be that as it may, my discovery is just based on playing the sus2/9th on the left and the M7/dom7 on the right.

BTW, have you heard of "triad over tritone"?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
Example on D Dorian

D G.....C F A
E. A.......D G B
A. D......G C E
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pianistsegz200:
Example on D Dorian

D G.....C F A
E. A.......D G B
A. D......G C E

The "So what", right.?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

I really understand you.

But the 9th and the 11th are also the the sus2 and sus4 of any major scale and I believe that once you have the 7th/dom7 in 9th or 11th it doesn't matter where you choose to play it, whether the RH or LH you'll always have a 9th & 11th or a dom9 or dom11.

Be that as it may, my discovery is just based on playing the sus2/9th on the left and the M7/dom7 on the right.

U are confusing things and that's y u avent understood what Im telling you...I am not talking from my believe I am talking Musically and theoretically they are never d same if u say so den u will only produce chords without names coz C major 11 for example is never d same with C sus4 at all...I cannot overemphasise dis for you...Taiwo and Kenny came out of same womb twins but never d same they are two forget believe now dis is standard Generally Accepted as Musician D same way Kevin Bond will explain..Pls don't mix things up
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

I really understand you.

If you watch my Gospel Piano Tutorial very well dis basic "Triad over tritone" was used inside my Roseykeyz can shed more light on that it's been since Creation...send me ur email lemme send you the chord sheet of the Video for now it's free
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:
@thread.

For You to have mentioned me in your post means You caught me in Ghostmode.

Since it's a Csus4 chord, I'd suggest F G C on the left hand and C E G B/Bb on the right, with respect to what you posted.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

The "So what", right.?
Exactly famously called So what voicing...Try download Miles Davis work he used it a lot among others
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

U are confusing things and that's y u avent understood what Im telling you...I am not talking from my believe I am talking Musically and theoretically they are never d same if u say so den u will only produce chords without names coz C major 11 for example is never d same with C sus4 at all...I cannot overemphasise dis for you...Taiwo and Kenny came out of same womb twins but never d same they are two forget believe now dis is standard Generally Accepted as Musician D same way Kevin Bond will explain..Pls don't mix things up

Now I get you theoretically completely.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
gameboi:

For You to have mentioned me in your post means You caught me in Ghostmode.

Since it's a Csus4 chord, I'd suggest F G C on the left hand and C E G B/Bb on the right, with respect to what you posted.

So, all you needed was a mention? angry

I don't usually say this but I felt your absence on this thread.

Thanks for chipping that in. wink

So, are you back or you've always been around in Ghostmode? angry
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

Now I get you theoretically completely.

Funny
I hope I didn't sound harsh
It's coz we are together ooO if it's an outsider no body will penalise if I don't say anything, could ave just kept calm but it's coz we are together I no no when u wan come visit me sef??
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

If you watch my Gospel Piano Tutorial very well dis basic "Triad over tritone" was used inside my Roseykeyz can shed more light on that it's been since Creation...send me ur email lemme send you the chord sheet of the Video for now it's free

I know about it. I just wanted to buttress my point with it but since I theoretically and musically understand you now, I think that's of no use.

I might just re-watch the video though.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

Funny
I hope I didn't sound harsh
It's coz we are together ooO if it's an outsider no body will penalise if I don't say anything, could ave just kept calm but it's coz we are together I no no when u wan come visit me sef??

Sound harsh ke? undecided I for one can be very troublesome at times... You can ask gameboi, dramadiddy, zbone, dehero1 and co.

I'll visit you when next I'll be going or passing through Osun and most importantly when Rosekey is around! angry grin
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by gameboi: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

So, all you needed was a mention? angry

I don't usually say this but I felt your absence on this thread.

Thanks for chipping that in. wink

So, are you back or you've always been around in Ghostmode? angry

I've always been in Ghostmode. You just blew my Cover.

I couldn't contribute anything meaningful due to school stress and I've forgotten everything that relates to the theoretical aspect of playing the keyboard.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
gameboi:

I've always been in Ghostmode. You just blew my Cover.

I couldn't contribute anything meaningful due to school stress and I've forgotten everything that relates to the theoretical aspect of playing the keyboard.

That one is not hard now, all you need is revision. wink

Why didn't you join a fellowship on campus? undecided
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:

Sound harsh ke? undecided I for one can be very troublesome at times... You can ask gameboi, dramadiddy, zbone, dehero1 and co.

I'll visit you when next I'll be going or passing through Osun and most importantly when Rosekey is around! angry grin

I'm in IB presently
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2015
Pianistsegz200:

I'm in IB presently

OK.

Can you help with this video? I'm having issues with what the guy played. smiley

Can you help with the chords?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFkTG_oRv4
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
Karleb:

OK.

Can you help with this video? I'm having issues with what the guy played. smiley

Can you help with the chords?

I love Dis
He was in F sharp...Just normal Triads
When he was talking about the Behind church
D guy placed some nice worship accent come on my whatsapp for a practical experience of what u were hearing him playing
Then d oda sister dat is from Aba
Dose are "Areara" type of progression love dem a lot
Bb Db F#, B Eb (F#) Ab, Ab C# F
Dose are the set of 3 chords dis is fish now how to catch fish part of the story is ur creativity...dere are many nice sounds u can make out of those 3chords I wrote up which was where d guy was interchanging sets of such notes to give the style...like I said earlier I don't really enjoy teaching stuffs like highlife /Worror in writing like being practical come on my whatsapp...U will Feel/Enjoy me better there.
Shalom
Follow on Instagram
@johnsonkeyz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFkTG_oRv4
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Pianistsegz200(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
To make your chords sound sweeter just add 9th/2nd.

I.e Fmajor becomes Fmajor added 9.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 7:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Dehero1 what's up.. I'm replying your mails but it keeps saying the email address is not valid.. What did you want to talk about
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by DeHero1: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Dehero1 what's up.. I'm replying your mails but it keeps saying the email address is not valid.. What did you want to talk about

Alryt Boss.

I've missed u a lot.

heezee1ne@gmail.com is valid

08165456989 for WhatsApp. I misplaced urs (changed phone). Tnx.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by deeptesting(m): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2015
Please i have a newly acquired E443 keyboard.. I bought it because i want to learn it & use it to praise God... How do i go about learning it? Can u recommend a teacher or an institution?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:21am On Jul 06, 2015
deeptesting:
Please i have a newly acquired E443 keyboard.. I bought it because i want to learn it & use it to praise God... How do i go about learning it? Can u recommend a teacher or an institution?
where do you stay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.