Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland (1783 Views)

Mutual Funds / Investment Idea Needed. I Have N3m Idle Fund To Invest. / Advise On Where I Can Invest My Idle Funds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by jethro2: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Hardly would a day pass that one will not come across threads that read thus:
"Advice needed for my idle funds"
"Two million idle funds what can I invest in?
At first glance what comes to mind is:
" Was it an inheritance?"

" Did one actually work for that money?
or
" Could the OP be seeking attention?

Except for funds gotten from inheritance, its a sudden and possibly unexpected gift which one has no earlier plan for the utilization.
My thinking is a hard working dedicated fellow, that sweats for the hard earned currency would have be planning along as he works.
Most times I tends to think most idle funds advice write up might probably be seeking for attention.
Its also possible I could be wrong in some cases. Expressing my opinion

2 Likes

Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by bigx(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
People actually save money or have surplus money at different times.

I do a contract and after deducting personal and execution expenses I have a lot left in the bank, that's idle funds and no, it's not an inheritance or gift.

Or more familiar, I earn a million naira a month, expenses average out at 200k monthly. End of the year 9.6m is left in the bank..

That's idle too

2 Likes

Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by alorauzoms(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
broz....alot of pple in naija ..esp working class has such idle funds. hv u ever wondered why any biz that seem to be /or is profitable is bn flooded overnite by pple. where do u fink d got d moni frm.
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by Tyche(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
The lack of entrepreneurship skills is the major cause of that. Many people really do have idle funds but are not really cut out for business and the hassles therein, thus the enquiries.
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by jethro2: 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
The meeting of the Entrepreneurs will be holding on Saturday 13th of September 2014 at Bola Ajibola Street, opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by haroon313: 6:05am On Sep 10, 2014
Is it really going to work??
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by jethro2: 12:48am On Sep 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative. Thank you
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
You may be right to some extent,
Lack of enterprenuer skills with owner of the fund some people just get the fund without a clue of what to do with the money, and some are afraid in the kind of business to invest in without any information about the business.

some of this idle fund may be from retirement gratuity, and some people want a very profitable business before they venture into it
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by Moneyb: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Well, to be candid i think sometimes one could be short of investmet ideas. That is why i advise that anytime you have idle funds or investable funds instead of putting it in a bank account where it will be yielding little or next to nothing, why not give to competent fund managers like http://marketsgain.net/fund-management-service/ where you are sure of good returns every 3 months. They are tested and trusted.
Re: So Much For Idle Funds On Nairaland by exellent91(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
how to watch free dstv;go to http://ralpheme./ralpheme-forum/technical-thread,go to the forum and open technical thread

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Selling Your Products On Jumia Nigeria / Direct Bank Saver / Top 2 Surest Ways To Make & Save Extra Money/income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.