Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan (2273 Views)

Senate Rushes Passage Of CCB Act Amendment / Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site / Abubakar Leads Alison-madueke To Meet Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Monimatic(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2014
Following the impeachment notice
served on the Nasarawa State
governor, Umaru Tanko Al-Makura by
the state Assembly, the embattled
state chief executive hurriedly left
Lafia, the state capital yesterday for
Abuja in an effort to prevail on
President Goodluck Jonathan to
intervene in the matter.
LEADERSHIP reports that, Al-Makura
before leaving the state capital at
about 4p.m. had held series of
meetings with his aides and party
officials intent upon seeing how the
impeachment impasse can be
surmounted.
Addressing the press at Shendam
Road Assembly complex however, the
clerk of the Assembly, Mr. Ego
Maikeffi, disclosed that after several
attempts to serve the impeachment
notice on the governor, he was denied
access into the Government House.
Ego stated further that in line with the
directive of the Speaker, he is set to
serve the notice through the media
today.
The House Committee chairman on
information and security, Hon.
Mohammed Baba Ibaku, confirmed
the development saying other options
of serving the notice would be
explored.
In a swift reaction however, the
Senior Special Assistant to the
governor on Public Affairs, Hon.
Abdulhamid Kwarra, denied the report
insisting that the Assembly was yet
to serve the notice as a 6pm
yesterday.
Speaking on the unfolding scenario,
the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of
the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Mr. Mark Neto said the state
Assembly would be doing a
disservice to the state if they had a
catalogue of such gross misconduct
and refused to take action.
Mr. Neto who noted that the PDP
hierarchy in the state would have
preferred the party to slug it out with
Al-Makura at the poll but regretted
however that “posterity would not be
fair to the members if they gloss over
such grievous misconduct”. He
denied that the PDP embarked upon
impeachment because it was afraid
to face Al-Makura at the polls.
The immediate past state chairman
of the All Progressives Congress
(APC), Mr. Stanley Buba, on his part
called on Governor Al-Makura to
address the allegations levelled
against him promptly, saying that the
Assembly was only discharging its
constitutional duty.
LEADERSHIP reports that before Al-
Makura left for Abuja, notable
traditional rulers in the state had
converged at the guest house of the
Emir of Lafia, Alhaji Isa Mustapha
Agwai l, with a view to seeking their
intervention on the matter.
Informed sources also disclosed that
a high-powered delegation of
traditional rulers and other respected
stakeholders in the state were
expected to join Al-Makura in Abuja
today so as to solicit President
Jonathan’s intervention.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/377966/nasarawa-impeachment-al-makura-rushes-abuja-meet-jonathan
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by texaco1: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2014
So now he knows gej controls the shots. Why doesn't he run to tinubu in ikeja now to help him?

7 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Let them rush to Buhari and Tinibu to save them

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by 7lives: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ti ilu ba ti n dun ladun ju, o setan to ma ya ni. Jona enjoy it while it last.
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by ratiken(m): 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why solicit with the clueless one? Or did he just cease from being clueless?
Gentleness is not Cluelessness. ... Critical Lesson for APC

10 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by stingg(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
The fear of the cluesless one is the beginning of wisdom grin

7 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by johnmartus(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
anyway that one not concerning me but one thing I know is that Jonathan will not return to aso rock in 2015 even to all my conspiracy against pindinpin I will vote them in my state but federal never if like let him impeach all apc governors clueless president am wonder what he will use to campaign in 2015 hope it will not use shoeless to campaign?
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
ok
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
johnmartus: anyway that one not concerning me but one thing I know is that Jonathan will not return to aso rock in 2015 even to all my conspiracy against pindinpin I will vote them in my state but federal never if like let him impeach all apc governors clueless president am wonder what he will use to campaign in 2015 hope it will not use shoeless to campaign?

me sef am wonder.. ....though Ur English is not concerning me. it will not use shoeless to campaign.

7 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by mainheart(m): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
I think say our governors the claims king Kong

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Curlieweed: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
All these governors with their arrogant NGF (Nigerian Governors Forum) that didn't allow Johnny Boy any peace. You have to admire the way he split that useless gathering. They're now running around nakid and scared.

Our advice to Johnny Boy is still the same, " take no prisoners and give no quarter" until the last of the supporter of APC declares, GEJ until 2019.

9 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by ejikemichael: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Running to abj will never sort the problem. There has been miscondort and misappropriation and mismanagment. This cow is marked for slaughter no amount of cry will save him

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
I think it'll b appropriate to redefine d word "Cluelessness" bc I feel like attaching d word to my name going by d intelligence and wisdom our much malign president, aka clueless one by d apc babblers, has exibited so far.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jonathan came in as Nigeria's President without ill-will towards anyone. The politicians decided to push him to the wall...sometimes; silence does not connote lack of what to say.

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by brownlords: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Monimatic: Following the impeachment notice
served on the Nasarawa State
governor, Umaru Tanko Al-Makura by
the state Assembly, the embattled
state chief executive hurriedly left
Lafia, the state capital yesterday for
Abuja in an effort to prevail on
President Goodluck Jonathan to
intervene in the matter.
LEADERSHIP reports that, Al-Makura
before leaving the state capital at
about 4p.m. had held series of
meetings with his aides and party
officials intent upon seeing how the
impeachment impasse can be
surmounted.
Addressing the press at Shendam
Road Assembly complex however, the
clerk of the Assembly, Mr. Ego
Maikeffi, disclosed that after several
attempts to serve the impeachment
notice on the governor, he was denied
access into the Government House.
Ego stated further that in line with the
directive of the Speaker, he is set to
serve the notice through the media
today.
The House Committee chairman on
information and security, Hon.
Mohammed Baba Ibaku, confirmed
the development saying other options
of serving the notice would be
explored.
In a swift reaction however, the
Senior Special Assistant to the
governor on Public Affairs, Hon.
Abdulhamid Kwarra, denied the report
insisting that the Assembly was yet
to serve the notice as a 6pm
yesterday.
Speaking on the unfolding scenario,
the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of
the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Mr. Mark Neto said the state
Assembly would be doing a
disservice to the state if they had a
catalogue of such gross misconduct
and refused to take action.
Mr. Neto who noted that the PDP
hierarchy in the state would have
preferred the party to slug it out with
Al-Makura at the poll but regretted
however that “posterity would not be
fair to the members if they gloss over
such grievous misconduct”. He
denied that the PDP embarked upon
impeachment because it was afraid
to face Al-Makura at the polls.
The immediate past state chairman
of the All Progressives Congress
(APC), Mr. Stanley Buba, on his part
called on Governor Al-Makura to
address the allegations levelled
against him promptly, saying that the
Assembly was only discharging its
constitutional duty.

LEADERSHIP reports that before Al-
Makura left for Abuja, notable
traditional rulers in the state had
converged at the guest house of the
Emir of Lafia, Alhaji Isa Mustapha
Agwai l, with a view to seeking their
intervention on the matter.
Informed sources also disclosed that
a high-powered delegation of
traditional rulers and other respected
stakeholders in the state were
expected to join Al-Makura in Abuja
today so as to solicit President
Jonathan’s intervention.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/377966/nasarawa-impeachment-al-makura-rushes-abuja-meet-jonathan

So we have such people in APC

Now those accusing Jonathan should please defend the governor further.

Nyako was asked to face the panel, he refused to show up, he was interviews be neither deny nor agree to the allegation, instead he kept saying when he needs presidents help he will call for help.

Now nassarawa refusing to address the allegation, some of the things oshiomole is been accused he is not denying it, so WTF is APC and their supporters problem?

If you ajibole governors can't remove their hands from state funds, then you have no reason to shout when they are thrown out of office, they should commence impeachment on all corrupt governors. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by henrysam(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
7lives: Ti ilu ba ti n dun ladun ju, o setan to ma ya ni. Jona enjoy it while it last.
Ilu tinubu oga yin ni yoo ya. Laipe a o gbo Pe ilu yin ti faya patapata.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Jaideyone(m): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2014
Pdp- bullying opposition since 1999
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 17, 2014
Say remind me again why you want Al-Makura impeached ?

Gross Misconduct and Misappropriation of funds huh? I wonder what funds they're talking about, is it the ones the previous PDP governors racked up in debt. Then the misconduct crap, you know i wonder who we could accuse of gross misconduct here , is it the State assembly that has absolutely done nothing but threaten the Governor for the past 3 years and made it extremely difficult for him to get basic funds for projects or a Governor that's been at the receiving end of their crap.

But as long as Nassarawa folks are happy about PDP trying to take control back of their state from someone they voted for to get rid of them just because some Eggon people started their own syndrome of 'we must have a governor from our tribe' then great for them i guess.

By the way can any of you dolts that actually want this man impeached , even though you probably don't know the first thing about Nassarawa actually reply any of my points here or you just prefer your usual halfwit counterparts that can do nothing but start petty exchange of insults with you undecided
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by otokx(m): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2014
A season of impeachments.
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by MightySparrow: 7:30am On Jul 17, 2014
As a governor, Al - makura has really worked, but for bloodshed and insecurity, his government must fall, never to rise again.
By the way, where were these lawmakers before?
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by isrecole: 8:59am On Jul 17, 2014
APC politicians like Tinubu,Kwankwanso, Amaechi, Lai Muhammed who were calling Jonathan unprintable names push the President beyond His limit. He has turned against them and they are now running helter skelter. APC is bad opposition. They are too desperate.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by jdilight(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2014
dragan: Say remind me again why you want Al-Makura impeached ?

Gross Misconduct and Misappropriation of funds huh? I wonder what funds they're talking about, is it the ones the previous PDP governors racked up in debt. Then the misconduct crap, you know i wonder who we could accuse of gross misconduct here , is it the State assembly that has absolutely done nothing but threaten the Governor for the past 3 years and made it extremely difficult for him to get basic funds for projects or a Governor that's been at the receiving end of their crap.

But as long as Nassarawa folks are happy about PDP trying to take control back of their state from someone they voted for to get rid of them just because some Eggon people started their own syndrome of 'we must have a governor from our tribe' then great for them i guess.

By the way can any of you dolts that actually want this man impeached , even though you probably don't know the first thing about Nassarawa actually reply any of my points here or you just prefer your usual halfwit counterparts that can do nothing but start petty exchange of insults with you undecided

Are you saying the state allocation is used in paying debt and the house is unaware?
Re: Nasarawa Impeachment: Al- Makura Rushes To Abuja To Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
jdilight:

Are you saying the state allocation is used in paying debt and the house is unaware?

No, I'm saying the state barely has that much money from paying debts,paying salaries.

(1) (Reply)

V.P Jonathan, A Corrupt And Ineffective State Governor: Wikileaks. / Buhari Tasks Jonathan On Railway: Show Us The Proof / Alison-Madueke reportedly Sick, Flown Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.