Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church (23811 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Raypawer(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
Judas2013: Ipad/internet is much better than the Holy Spirit.

better watch or tounge bro... hmmm.... no carry holy spirit play o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Judas2013: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
Raypawer:

better watch or tounge bro... hmmm.... no carry holy spirit play o!!!!

holy spirit is fake! America has done worse.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by adconline(m): 10:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
Chidexter: But seriously, reading the scripture through phones e.t.c is a disrespect to God. can u use ur fone to cast out demons?
Stupidity entrenched in ur DNA! Can use email, Internet, computer, social media to spread gospel? Why can't Naija just obey God's 10 commandments and stop being God's spokesperson?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by dunsin4christ(m): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Chidexter: But seriously, reading the scripture through phones e.t.c is a disrespect to God. can u use ur fone to cast out demons?

it is not the manual bible that cast out demons. It is the power of the Word of God in you...Using the bible as pillow won't literally chase away demons! Digest the Word!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by tosyne2much(m): 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
linearity:

Seriously, what is your point? Neither can you cast out demons with the Bible. The Bible is just another history literature book to anyone except without the Holy Spirit and the media through which the Holy Spirit operates is not limited.

Jesus said, in my name you shall cast out demons, he did not say...through or with the Bible you shall cast out demons.

The officer whose servant was I'll told Jesus effectively that, you don't have to come to my house to lay your hands on my servant or speak the words so he can hear...just say the words here and the air which us media will convey those commands to my ill server and he will be made whole.

In essence, all you need is your faith and the word of God in your mouth...
wisely said bro.... The power is in the word regardless of the form its comin frm... Lemme use dis to mak a stance... pastors preach on radio, Tv and facebook and ppl receive their healing; and to those sayin u can only cast out demons using d bible, can u cast out demons pointin the Bible to the demons without uttering anytin and expect d demons to flee ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by cbrass(m): 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
jericco1: Why would a sane man bring an Ipad or whatever into the house of God for a two or three hour sermon, arrant tosh!!.. Abi them dey bring am to come charge?

Why would a sane man carry an hard cover bible instead of the old scrolls of medieval era tongue
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by adeptniyi(m): 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
If you are the type that truly commune with the father you need q conventional Bible to mark out, underline, rephrase and identify key verses that address different issues. It will take a year to master a chapter of the Bible with an iPad.
The iPad or smart device does not have the bible feature as a primary function but the paper base bible has a only function which is learning of the word if God.
You should only read a Bible hoping to be thought by the holy spirit, I argue that the technology sophistication if your smart device will disallow.
With your brain being familiar with your bible type you can easily remember the corner where a particular verse is located.
An iPad is not meant to substitute a bible anywhere, its jus in case.......

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Wisdytech(m): 12:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Am so sure you gonna look Extra Sexy!! lol

www.nairaland.com/1816069/rock-ladies
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 17, 2014
Bible apps for ipads and phones are suppose to be when you are mobile, in ur office or work place and so on. If you are going to church abeg Carry real bible, be serious.... Na so them go wear tight dress and hills tell me say its all about the heart. Abegi

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by rman: 3:35am On Jul 17, 2014
mcmeffy: You are a fool! May u rot in hell

See a christian?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by rhemadhee(m): 4:50am On Jul 17, 2014
@judas 2013, Pls dont talk like dat or bring Holy spirit into your casual discussion or post a derogatory comment on d Holy spirit 4 ur sake. pls.God luvs you

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by supereagle(m): 5:17am On Jul 17, 2014
[size=18pt]Baba look away from satanic children working for their master and face the work of God . This is end time.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by activatenigeria: 5:26am On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=Chidexter]But seriously, reading the scripture through phones e.t.c is a disrespect to God. can u use ur fone to cast out demons?[/quote

I wonder how most people reason
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by martbrownlo(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2014
both of u if u can ans dis simple question, then I will knw dat u knw what u r saying. when God gave Moses d ten commandments what did he write it on, on a sheet of paper abi?. in d era of Jesus d material dat was use for writing in was not even a book. each passing generation technology has always taken a new level. nd nw by d grace of God who has made man intelligent, we can now simply carry d world around in our pocket, even d word of God. gone r those day wen we use to carry d Bible only on Sundays or wen going out on Christianity duties. now wherever u find urself can simply take out ur device frm ur pocket nd go straight to ur Bible with out carrying a heavy hard copy of the Bible. what u should do is to encourage pple to use dis technology in a Godly manna not d other way round

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by SurePresident: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2014
EternalBeing: I don't take mine to church. Causes more distractions from the spiritual food I go to "eat" in church. GOD gave each of us this short life to test us and see how we use it, for those that use it to do HIS will, even if we die, we shall be risen to live forever. Normally, Man is physical and spiritual; but the spirit of man in man is more important than the container because when it leaves, the container rottens. We strive to grow physically by going to school, striving to be richer, learning everyday till we die. Likewise, we strive to grow spiritually by praying, going to Church, communicating with GOD thru our spirits etc. Even the rich would always strive to be richer. Both the spirit and physical aspirations of man are HARDLY satisfiable. Yet most people don't give up on striving to be more knowledgeable, richer, looking better (growing in the physical dimension of man) but easily give up on striving to be holy (growing in the spiritual dimension of man). devil deceives people to give up on trying to be good, and simply summit to being evil. Initially, I gave up on trying to be good, I chose the evil way till the day that I realized that all GOD wants is that we keep trying, when HE comes HE will make us perfect. Even money does not easily conquer the souls of men as quicker and permanent like immorality does. It leads to dead conscience which in turn gives birth to every evil we see today : misunderstanding and war everywhere, Greed, Tribalism, Materialism, devil worship, NewWorldOrder... all end time signs fulfilled. Any moment from now JESUS... please don't leave me behind I pray, Amen!
Amen. For the serious ones, I think we should relentlessly monitor and strive to purify our thoughts and imagination. That's where the seed of immorality is first being sown. We should permit only the seed of true Love for humanity. It would be a better World if we all "Love the Lord your Creator with all your heart and Love your neighbor as yourself" See her as your sister, see him as your brother.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2014
bishopoliver: Call me old-school if you like, but using hard cover Bible is more fulfilling than the mobile ones..

Abi, can you cast out demons with Ipad?
So true!
Many people have relegated the hard cover Bibles to the background sad

However, we cast out demons with the Word of God we know and not with the physical Bible.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Kx: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2014
bishopoliver: Call me old-school if you like, but using hard cover Bible is more fulfilling than the mobile ones..

Fallacy of the highest order!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by jericco1(m): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2014
sCross:

Now you just spoke up with the real reason why you hate ipads. You feel intimidated. It's just like saying "don't bring your range 14 because some people would feel intimidated"! What an ideology ??!!

Guy, it's time to build your self-esteem. The value of a man's life is not in the abundance of what he possesses

I've never felt intimidated by that okay? If you haven't noticed then forget this gyrational chat.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by jericco1(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2014
cbrass:

Why would a sane man carry an hard cover bible instead of the old scrolls of medieval era tongue

I don't even think they still use those scrolls, not even in Israel.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by jericco1(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2014
sCross:

I dont think hating those with ipads would help you. Apparently you have no idea on the benefits of a good bible app on an ipad.

and then you minimise and post a selfie of you in a church on your facebook abi?...oh please pack it in!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by HumanPsycho(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2014
Reading the bible through a paper book is as well disrespectful why not use scroll or stone can a book cast out demon? (Naija film not your fault)
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 17, 2014
dridowu: The only christian man of God i trust in Nigeria.

I dont trust you too. You carnal misleading fellow. You have just judged yourself too. U need a pair of spiritual lenses.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by amnestylaw1(m): 9:09am On Jul 17, 2014

3 Gbosa for you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by dridowu: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2014
chiebube:

I dont trust you too. You carnal misleading fellow. You have just judged yourself too. U need a pair of spiritual lenses.
No one can force you to trust me, it is a matter of choice, if you don't know i am a pure SINNER. I don't claim to be a saint.
vislabraye: . I hope you worship in his church.
bro , i attend Mosque which makes me rep ISLAM.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by amnestylaw1(m): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2014

The printed copy Bible is just ordinary binded paper without the printed word of God, likewise, the Ipad Bible is just a mere plastic and probably device without the word of God. I will argue that it is not the paper that does the work but the content and the person behind the doing.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Norajones(f): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2014
sCross:

Oh really ??!! So i guess you've gone through most tablets to make such an assumption.
yea swthrt,,n can i tell u a seceret? even in my bandmasters fone..judgement will really start n d church
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Tinapa97(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2014
I will advice u put your trust only on d lord
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Revolva(m): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2014
hhaha dese r the same religious fools that says tv is not good..now why are they going techy...mumu people brainwashed skunks..technology is the new religion
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2014
Sooner or latter xtian will be allowed to marry more than one wife
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Egocent: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2014
People must realise that change is a constant. Just because some of us are used to hard cover bible ,when we see people using IPad , it looks kinda strange. Please everyone be aware that at the rate of progress in current technology in 20 years time , kids growing up today will never know there used to be any hard copy bibles. Just as some kids of today do not know that was black and white television some few years back.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Denies Banning Ipads & Phones In His Church by Elythron16zero4: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2014
Judas2013: Ipad/internet is much better than the Holy Spirit.
Not surprise, you are typically justifying your user name. After you sold him out and aided his crucifixion now you want to deform his spirit;God forbid! it will not work, you have failed. Anyway nothing good comes from a Judas,even this one called JUDAS2013 . I am 100% sure you are not a christian. Your evil religion permits you to say evil things, you may continue but i pray that you repent before it's late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Had This Very Fearful Dream! / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Governor Yahaya Bello / Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.