Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62595 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
malvisguy212: my coment is easy to understand,one day it will all come to end, that how life is, next will be your afterlife, a lot of question in your mind"what if a wrong? How am I goin to face Him?all the bad tin I say about Him, what will happen? "

As for me, to live is christ, to die is gain. Mr henry, YOU WILL NOT DIE IN JESUS NAME.
Lolz
I may be agnostic but am not disrespectful...
My doubts only grew when i couldn't get an unbiased answers to my questions...
Am still loyal to the one at the top cause I was once a believer..

What if you are wrong and the muslims are right...what will mohammed do to you...
what if both you and Muslims are wrong what will Buddha do to you...
What if all of you are wrong!

This is harder than you think...
Imagine a creator...sending diseases sickness and death after his creations...then also sending people to convince us that he loves us...
Would you believe?
Where is the love?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by malvisguy212: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
Lolz

What if you are wrong and the muslims are right...what will mohammed do to you...

Imagine a creator...sending diseases sickness and death after his creations...then also sending people to convince us that he loves us...
Would you believe?
Where is the love?
when I was little boy I don't no how to pray, I don't go to church, I live a simple life, I mind my business, sometimes even when am right for the sake of peace, I accept bein wrong, until when I had an encounter with God, I see jesus, he called me his son. If am wrong, he would'nt have visited me. shalom
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
Lolz

Would you believe?
Where is the love?

You don't really need to be an agnostic. Have you considered deism?
Every Atheist usually starts with deism. Deism is of the opinion that the creator doesn't interfere with the Universe and this holds in all ramification.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
[s]
malvisguy212: when I was little boy I don't no how to pray, I don't go to church, I live a simple life, I mind my business, sometimes even when am right for the sake of peace, I accept bein wrong, until when I had an encounter with God, I see jesus, he called me his son. If am wrong, he would'nt have visited me. shalom
[/s]

It doesn't correlate with my post...

I may end up confusing you...

You are already sounding like a looser...
Don't let the hunter become the hunted...

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by wizzyblast(m): 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
Lolz

Would you believe?
Where is the love?

those creations didn't serve the purpose they were created for. They rejected and blasphemed their creator... Just like the way you and your pagan friends are doing today. God had to destroy them. Don't push it!

BTW, if you don't believe the Bible, you don't have to make a fuss about it. Your time will come. And if you don't believe the Bible, how come you believe the plagues and destruction of creations?

You were never a believer!!

How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation??
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by wizzyblast(m): 12:05am On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

The creator would have to specially congratulate atheists, for using their brains, living their lives to the fullest and not for some dead Jew men.

This life afterdeath, how does it even make sense to you? After you've decayed, you'll wake up again and get a new body and start living in Planet Heaven or Hell?

Sounds absurd!

little men with limited brains trying to confront their creator. If he created everything you see and feel, he most certainly will do it. Jesus is Lord
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2014
wizzyblast:

those creations didn't serve the purpose they were created for. They rejected and blasphemed their creator... Just like the way you and your pagan friends are doing today. God had to destroy them. Don't push it!

BTW, if you don't believe the Bible, you don't have to make a fuss about it. Your time will come. And if you don't believe the Bible, how come you believe the plagues and destruction of creations?

You were never a believer!!

How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation??

Wait!
Lucifer was the first to disobey...he didn't destroy him but kept him to keep tormenting his weak creations...
When they could no longer Withstand
He's angry and start destroying them...

Your God is really loving... smiley
He should have set the example by first destroying lucifer for the disobedience...not going after his weak creations with rage!

Btw... there's a Creator...but it's certainly not the Christian God...This one possesses too much of human characters.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:

Wait!
Lucifer was the first to disobey...he didn't destroy him but kept him to keep tormenting his weak creations...
When they could no longer Withstand
He's angry and start destroying them...

Your God is really loving... smiley
He should have set the example by first destroying lucifer for the disobedience...not going after his weak creations with rage!

Btw... there's a Creator...but it's certainly not the Christian God...This one possesses too much of human characters.

The bolded got me thinking.
Seems true.
And, I am pretty sure it applies to all the religion supernatural being.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

The bolded got me thinking.
Seems true.
And, I am pretty sure it applies to all the religion supernatural being.
he's jealous but ask us not to be...

he massacres millions but ask us not to kill

he has anger management problems that he could even punish the wrongdoer and punish his generations too but told us not to keep malice till sunset

A perfect God should lead by example... not doing this and ordering us to do otherwise...

And from the beginning He's been busy taking sides with his favourite people which is the Jews...
How can he create everyone on earth then love some over others...this can only be seen in a human family where one of the parents might love one of the children over the other...

He calls the Jews Chosen and call us Gentiles... is that not racism...

Sincerely we are busy worshipping a Jewish God...
am sure God himself must be a Jew!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:

he has anger management problems that he could even punish the wrongdoer and punish his generations too but told us not to keep malice till sunset

A perfect God should lead by example... not doing this and ordering us to do otherwise...

And from the beginning He's been busy taking sides with his favourite people which is the Jews...
How can he create everyone on earth then love some over others...this can only be seen in a human family where one of the parents might love one of the children over the other...

embarassed
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 22, 2014
Dragonking:

Oh really, do you mind to share this knowledge of yours oh wise one?

Does the phrase "Enter into God's rest" mean anything to you?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:

Unbelievable!!

Oh God, your mercies are indeed boundless.

How can you criticise a God you have not come to know? If you knew Him well enough, you wouldn't be asking those questions.

By the way, God never called anyone Jews or Gentiles. That segregation was made by man himself not God. And let us not forget, when God entered into Covenant with Israel, he did not exempt people of other nations. Whosoever was ready and willing to abide by his statutes and keep his commandments was welcome to stay in the midst of Israel. Remember Rahab, she was not an Israelite but was saved because of her faith.

He is jealous. In what sense is he Jealous?

Your attitude as displayed by your words is the exact same attitude that led Satan to be what he is today. Just a note for you to think about.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 9:06am On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:

What do you mean by "God"?

How so do you think He's a Jew?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 9:42am On Jul 22, 2014
princefunmi:

Does the phrase "Enter into God's rest" mean anything to you?

No it doesnt..so please explain how it correlates with the significance of the sabbath and not doing anything on the sabath day..and also explain how the sabbath overshadowed something far important as u earlier stated. I cant wait to tap into u well of wisdom. smiley
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2014
princefunmi:

How can you criticise a God you have not come to know? If you knew Him well enough, you wouldn't be asking those questions.
How did you get to know him?
Through his words
Which word?
The bible
Maybe you have not been reading your bible...you only rely on what your pastor got to say...
You are the one that don't really know what you are worshipping...

By the way, God never called anyone Jews or Gentiles. That segregation was made by man himself not God. And let us not forget, when God entered into Covenant with Israel, he did not exempt people of other nations. Whosoever was ready and willing to abide by his statutes and keep his commandments was welcome to stay in the midst of Israel. Remember Rahab, she was not an Israelite but was saved because of her faith.
Out of thousands of nations in the world...he only had an eye for the Jews...
Why couldn't he carry everyone along to possibly avoid this?

And the bible also revolves around the Jews from beginning to end...other tribes only make Cameo appearances...

He is jealous. In what sense is he Jealous?
He said so himself...get closer to your bible.

Your attitude as displayed by your words is the exact same attitude that led Satan to be what he is today. Just a note for you to think about.
Lolz...
As i stated earlier...he should have destroyed satan thesame way he has been destroying unbelievers in the bible...
God intentionally left the disease and punished the affected

Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2014
qstar:

What do you mean by "God"?

How so do you think He's a Jew?
Nothing should be confusing about what i posted there...
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Dragonking:

No it doesnt..so please explain how it correlates with the significance of the sabbath and not doing anything on the sabath day..and also explain how the sabbath overshadowed something far important as u earlier stated. I cant wait to tap into u well of wisdom. smiley

And to think that you accused me of not reading an understanding. Here you are doing the exact same thing.

Bros I did not say "overshadowed". I said "foreshadowed". Please go back a reread

And since you have never heard that phrase, there is no point explaining it. You have great difficulty in grasping simple concepts and truths in the Bible. How then will you be able to understand the deeper things?

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:

How did you get to know him?
Through his words
Which word?
The bible
Maybe you have not been reading your bible...you only rely on what your pastor got to say...
You are the one that don't really know what you are worshipping...

Well, I read about him through the Pages of the Bible. Same way you got to believing whatever it is you believe.

And no I do not rely on what my Pastor says. I am more than able to prove my convictions. I am also a skilled handler of the Bible. I've been doing this for the past 20 years.

herald9:
Out of thousands of nations in the world...he only had an eye for the Jews...
Why couldn't he carry everyone along to possibly avoid this?

And the bible also revolves around the Jews from beginning to end...other tribes only make Cameo appearances...

You haven't being listening to anything I've been saying have you. He did not just randomly select the Israelites you know. The Israelites were actually descendants of people who had proved faithful to God. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Bation of Isreal was their reward for their faithfulness to God. Let us not forget whose name it was that eventually became Israel.

Oh I forgot! You never did read the Bible. Of course! You couldn't have know that. (Intentional Sarcasm)

herald9:
He said so himself...get closer to your bible.

Yes i know he said so!
I am asking you what he meant by that. Tell me if you know. Since you enjoy picking bits and pieces of the Bible and misapplying them just so you could have the pleasure of deriding the bible.

herald9:
Lolz...
As i stated earlier...he should have destroyed satan thesame way he has been destroying unbelievers in the bible...
God intentionally left the disease and punished the affected

Hmmmm

Now! Now!! Now!!! Do you think that would have been wise?

Let me paint a scenario for you and I'll let you be judge.

Assume that you are a very Powerful War General living in the era when Greece was a world Power or maybe even Babylon. Or lets say Rome.

You conquered so many Nations. Your army was simply invincible. You could crush all your adversaries in one swift dramatic manoeuvre. Your tactical and strategic wisdom in war was unrivalled the world over. Your sheer power in the field of Battle was enormous. You could single handedly take down a troop of 300 foot soldiers and everyone knew how mighty you were. You simply had no rival. Not even Hercules could defeat you in battle. You crushed Achilles in all his Glory. You were responsible for crushing the Spartans in spite of their Gallantry and courage. The Spanish Armada went up in smoke because of your tactical brilliance. You were just too much.

Then one day, one of your lieutenants came up to you and challenged you. He said you were not fit to lead in battle. That you did not have the right to command any soldier to do you bidding in war. The Challenge was so resounding that it was heard in all the realms of you influence. To make matters worse, some of your soldiers had defected and had teamed up with your rebellious lieutenant. Soon he had an army of his own and he had significant strength in numbers, although you still outnumbered him quite comfortably. He set up his own realm outside of your own and for a time he looked like he was conquering too. But as he conquered he kept on making those claims that you were not fit to command and army. That you had no right to do so.

How would you have handled that situation?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
princefunmi:
Now! Now!! Now!!! Do you think that would have been wise?
But as he conquered he kept on making those claims that you were not fit to command and army. That you had no right to do so.

How would you have handled that situation?
So keeping quiet and watching him take over all his army is the best option? grin

Even God himself knew that it wouldn't work that way...he did what i would have done...

He staged the first fight and sent him packing...my problem is why he didn't finish him at once...

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
princefunmi:

And to think that you accused me of not reading an understanding. Here you are doing the exact same thing.

Bros I did not say "overshadowed". I said "foreshadowed". Please go back a reread

And since you have never heard that phrase, there is no point explaining it. You have great difficulty in grasping simple concepts and truths in the Bible. How then will you be able to understand the deeper things?

^^Is this guy running away? Where is the post that shows me accusing u of not reading and understanding Christianity and cowardice seems to have something in common. No wonder allah goons are messing u guys up.

I am highly disappointed in you thinking you were going to say something reasonable and filled with wisdom. Too bad
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by rudian(f): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
cheesy
Lawprince:

The illogicality in Christianity is more laughable
Says the Moslem! Dude pls!!!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dragonking:

^^Is this guy running away? Where is the post that shows me accusing u of not reading and understanding Christianity and cowardice seems to have something in common. No wonder allah goons are messing u guys up.

I am highly disappointed in you thinking you were going to say something reasonable and filled with wisdom. Too bad

I guess i will never get to tap from the vast wisdom of @princefunmi as he has ran away. SMH
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
herald9:
So keeping quiet and watching him take over all his army is the best option? grin

Even God himself knew that it wouldn't work that way...he did what i would have done...

He staged the first fight and sent him packing...my problem is why he didn't finish him at once...

Because finishing him off did not prove anything

By instigating rebellion, Satan had challenged God's right to rule man. He literally said God deliberately hid the truth from man because he did not want them to be like him. And Man took the bait thereby indicating that they did not need God to direct their affairs.

Ofcourse God could have wiped them all out and started on a fresh clean slate. But remember that there were angels who witnessed the rebellion. Destroying the rebels would not have been an answer to that Challenge. A fresh new rebellion was a possibility if God had taken action. Instead a length of time was needs to prove things and set matters straight. God was basically saying "Alright! Go ahead! Run without me and lets see how far you go?" Ofcourse, its plain for all to see how far we really have come.

Now that things have happened this way, there is resounding evidence that Man cannot rule themselves and that there can be no other than God.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dragonking:

I guess i will never get to tap from the vast wisdom of @princefunmi as he has ran away. SMH

The only reason I will have for discontinuing is if you have proven to be unreasonable.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dragonking:

Really there is no point explaining it. You won't understand.

Unless you are telling me that it is possible for a babe who should still be feeding on milk to eat solid food meant for mature people.

But if you insist on knowing then click here http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011525?q=enter+into+god%E2%80%99s+rest&p=par
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
princefunmi:

Really there is no point explaining it. You won't understand.

Unless you are telling me that it is possible for a babe who should still be feeding on milk to eat solid food meant for mature people.

But if you insist on knowing then click here http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011525?q=enter+into+god%E2%80%99s+rest&p=par

There is no need anymore as everyone can see clearly that you have no wisdom to share.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
princefunmi:

Because finishing him off did not prove anything

By instigating rebellion, Satan had challenged God's right to rule man. He literally said God deliberately hid the truth from man because he did not want them to be like him. And Man took the bait thereby indicating that they did not need God to direct their affairs.

Ofcourse God could have wiped them all out and started on a fresh clean slate. But remember that there were angels who witnessed the rebellion. Destroying the rebels would not have been an answer to that Challenge. A fresh new rebellion was a possibility if God had taken action. Instead a length of time was needs to prove things and set matters straight. God was basically saying "Alright! Go ahead! Run without me and lets see how far you go?" Ofcourse, its plain for all to see how far we really have come.

Now that things have happened this way, there is resounding evidence that Man cannot rule themselves and that there can be no other than God.
Nice Jehovah Witness story...

Have read this a thousand times in 'what the Bible really teaches '

It made sense then but no more...
He should have finished what je started...

Am really tired of arguing...hold on to your belief
The end justifies the means
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 23, 2014
herald9:
Nice Jehovah Witness story...

Have read this a thousand times in 'what the Bible really teaches '

It made sense then but no more...
He should have finished what je started...

Am really tired of arguing...hold on to your belief
The end justifies the means

That's a foolish statement. "The end justifies the means" What end are you talking about? An end when you no longer have a choice to make? Oh well, if that's the end you want suit yourself. I should have known it was you. Apostates like you are just a bunch of confused beings. I wonder how you feel knowing that what you hold on to is just chaff and that what you actually reject is Truth. I mean what kind of a person deliberately rejects Truth? What kind of a person abandons Light for Darkness? Just because everybody is on the path you are now doesn't make it right. The path to life is meant only for a few. The Wisdom of God is foolishness in the eyes of the world. Remember that and find your back before its too late. Your fate is in your own hands. Only you can decide the outcome of your future. This words will stand against you on that day.

The fact that it made sense to you then shows that you have allowed yourself to be swayed by the disgusting things of this world. Too bad.

And then again, I dont argue. I only try to reason out things. Only those who are guilty of arguing quit along the way. Just like you are quitting now. Because you know you can't stand up to the Truth. You are not totally convinced about your current stand and as such don't have much to make a defense of it. APOSTATE LOSER!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
Dragonking:

There is no need anymore as everyone can see clearly that you have no wisdom to share.

On the contrary!

It quite plain for everyone to see that you lack the intelligence to understand the wisdom I have to share.

Its actually wisdom on my part not to waste my time sharing a knowledge you clearly have no capacity to understand.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2014
herald9:
Lolz

Would you believe?
Where is the love?

No you are not agnostic! You are an apostate! You now about God's existence and you know him but have rejected him. And not only do you reject him, you discredit those who have chosen to serve him.

And from your claim, how can you be loyal to the one at the top when you don't even know his identity. If you are confused about muslims, buddha, and whatever then it means you dont know which God to be loyal to. So I ask again how can you be loyal to the one at the top when you dont know his true identity?

What does loyalty mean.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2014
princefunmi:

On the contrary!

It quite plain for everyone to see that you lack the intelligence to understand the wisdom I have to share.

Its actually wisdom on my part not to waste my time sharing a knowledge you clearly have no capacity to understand.

Nope, there is no wisdom in you. If you were wise you would have explained it yourself and not giving a stupiid excuse after all the ranting. smiley
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2014
Lwkmd... princefunmi

This arguement is an ill wind that blows us no good...
I know you won't agree to my opinion neither will i to yours...
So its better i quit and go do some meaningful things with my time...
Nice sermon you got there...
You may be right am an apostate...
But i didnt just become that overnight...
And ibelieve with time you will come to terms with my ideology.

Your problem is you keep ignoring or maneuvering those questions posted to you
Take sometimes and consider them you will see those blinds falling from your eyes..

I said am loyal to the one ontop cause i know he exist...
You said yours is the truth but am not a believer!
Its as simple as that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / 12 Signs Your Soul Has Reincarnated Several Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.