Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Fall Of Nyako - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fall Of Nyako (3124 Views)

Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako / Photos Of Nyako's Last Moments In Office / Controversy Rocks APC Over Admittance Of Nyako's Allies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Omexonomy: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2014
koboko69:

When i saw your moniker as the last person to comment, inwas expecting your usual unintelligent, childish posts. I am glad you didnt dissapoint.
if you like weep like a woman whose husband ran away living behind she and her twenty shilldren that is ur stomach ache. My own be say tell ur idiotic governors who are better of being a clown to spend less on media hype and propaganda rather spend more in satisfying the people. And as for u, stop smoking that elede sh.it it is making you more of an arsewippe. Ditto to gbawe and all the supporter of APC warrior in nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by PointB: 8:46am On Jul 17, 2014
luvmijeje:

In addition, they should also spare us, it's because Jonathan is from the minority and also because he's a christian. This is a political war and all is fair in war.

But 'all is fair in war' you say. So if that weapon is effective, why do you intend to deny your opponent their weapon?

3 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 17, 2014
obayaya: Circles of influence and lobbying is ever present in all the democracies around the world. And it's not going away anytime soon.

That said, influencing the impeachment of Nyako may not be right nor the manner of his impeachment righteous. But that doesn't in any way makes his impeachment wrong.

My only grouse is that the offences for which he was impeached were committed years ago. How the hell was he able to remain in the government house for that long.

Our democratic institutions must be strengthened if we are to make any headway in Nigeria. I think most states house of assemblies are filled with mediocres who doesn't understand the powers they wield. The power to checkmate the executive.

Adamawa Assembly and other state assemblies doesn't need any influence before they carry out their constitutional responsibilities.

And I think that's what the country needs to work on. A relatively independent legislature with a mind of its own.

Welcome back my senator...
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Gbawe: 8:59am On Jul 17, 2014
jaytee01: I hope we will all be alive to see the end of this drama. History is replete with megalomaniacs who drove their nations to brink while being cheered on by a band of short sighted folks who refused to peer beyond the end of their noses into the future. Hitler, Mussoloni, Saddam come to mind.
The people I pity most in all of this are the SS and SE. The SS because they can no longer complain of being shortchanged after GEJ wasted a golden opportunity to right the wrongs of the past. The SE may never produce a president because of the penchant of their leaders to sell out for filthy lucre.
Whether the ethnic champions like it or not, after GEJ steps down, power will return to the North because of the peculiar configuration of Nigerian politics. Just like GEJ played dumb before grabbing power with both hands, the majority of Northern politicians are playing dumb now. But it does not mean that they are stupid!

My guy,totally on point. Yet the inadequate education Nigeria provides today means we have so many scantily educated and shallow young people incapable of seeing the inevitability of what you surmise, in realtion to dictatorship, that history also supports. Your conclusion is on point too and something that myopic elements, "who refused to peer beyond the end of their noses", cannot fathom. GEJ, essentially fighting for his pocket and those of his minions which includes the Northerners and South-Westerners his backers despise, will leave. That is a statement of fact. What then after that for those who, with offensively ethnocentric and clannish antics, have acted as if there is no life after GEJ?

2 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by obayaya(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2014
olubukato:

Welcome back my senator...

My chief!!!

I'm loyal
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Gbawe: 9:06am On Jul 17, 2014
luvmijeje:

In addition, they should also spare us, it's because Jonathan is from the minority and also because he's a christian. This is a political war and all is fair in war.

GEJ will not be able to prevent power moving to the North or anywhere else and he will certainly, even if he gets another 4 years, be unable to limit the Presidency to the SE or SS alone. In fact, given GEJ's self-serving nature and assuming he gets 4 years till 2019, it is obvious GEJ will hand over to the North to secure a 'peaceful retirement' that will enable him to enjoy his billions post-politics. Is this not how OBJ deceived Odili, Duke et al only to then hand over to the North, through Yar Adua, for the sake of his own self-preservation and opulent existence beyond office?

If a Northerner replaces GEJ in 2015 or, at worst, in 2019 what then for Jonathan's ethnocentric and myopic followers who do not do reality and only see today to be staking their entire future, as they did in the past, on the ambition of a fallible mere mortal who has his own selfish agenda? Especially when current history, fresh in all our minds, has shown us ours is a President one who has never thought twice about betraying anything or anyone to get his way?

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Vincenzi: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2014
This is a weeping thread,where a set of people wish to console themselves. If it were the other way round,we would hv seen contrary reactions. Nyako's hands were not clean,yet he boldly pointed dirty fingers at ''someone'' clearly bigger than him.
OP,deal with it. We hv seen desperate actions frm the opposing party .

5 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by luvmijeje(f): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2014
PointB:

But 'all is fair in war' you say. So if that weapon is effective, why do you intend to deny your opponent their weapon?

Hmmmm, fair enough.
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by ebullientV(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2014
obayaya: Circles of influence and lobbying is ever present in all the democracies around the world. And it's not going away anytime soon.

That said, influencing the impeachment of Nyako may not be right nor the manner of his impeachment righteous. But that doesn't in any way makes his impeachment wrong.

My only grouse is that the offences for which he was impeached were committed years ago. How the hell was he able to remain in the government house for that long.

Our democratic institutions must be strengthened if we are to make any headway in Nigeria. I think most states house of assemblies are filled with mediocres who doesn't understand the powers they wield. The power to checkmate the executive.

Adamawa Assembly and other state assemblies doesn't need any influence before they carry out their constitutional responsibilities.

And I think that's what the country needs to work on. A relatively independent legislature with a mind of its own.
tongue

Welcome back sir! grin grin

it's a pleasure 2 have you back..
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by idumuose(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2014
Gbawe,you must be a terrible pools bettor and a poor gambler because all your predictions and your permutations have failed albeit woefully.

You swore with your balls that Fayemi would trounce fayose black and blue,you supported your myopic beliefs by quoting www.osundefender.com,osunmidfielder,osunstriker.com.

At the end of the day you were disgraced and humilliated.APC has been at the helm of affairs in Lagos for donkey years,yet they are eternally incapable of solving Lagos traffic problems,APC has not been able to solve the mystery behind the plethora of missing persons witnessed daily in lagos,APC has not been able to rehabilitate street urchins aka area boys who have constituted themselves as nuisance to innocent citizens.

Go and put your house in order first before you poke your fingers in the eyes of Jonathan.APC does not have the ability to solve our problems so go and park well.

8 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by obayaya(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2014
ebullientV: tongue Welcome back sir! grin grin

it's a pleasure 2 have you back..

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Gbawe: 9:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Vincenzi: This is a weeping thread,where a set of people wish to console themselves. If it were the other way round,we would hv seen contrary reactions. Nyako's hands were not clean,yet he boldly pointed dirty fingers at ''someone'' clearly bigger than him.
OP,deal with it. We hv seen desperate actions frm the opposing party .

Who says Nyako's hands are clean? You so don't get thing on far too many levels and I wonder why some of you can never see beyond your blind devotion to certain political figures which renders you incapable of noting when your messiah has crossed the line dangerously. I am no fan of Nyako. Far from it. Yet the part of the article quoted below resonates with me as proof we have a President who is duplicitous and leading for himself and his cronies rather than for Nigerians and the progress of our Nation.
At various levels of government, from the executive to the legislature to the judiciary, all have sinned and come short of political glory; so, why is justice selective? If who goes and who stays in office is truly determined by the level of corruption in one’s government, even the President should have been long impeached. So, why pick on one thief and let others live?

Mr.President today, when GEJ, enjoyed global goodwill in 2010-2011, has gone on to prove some of us right with how his Presidency is now universally acclaimed as failed and with Nigeria now joining the inglorious ranks of Nations seriously blighted by the worst form of terrorism and insecurity? My predictive utterances, always unpopular with the clannish fans of GEJ and the PDP, are not for folks like you who simplistically and feudalistically boil everything down to them-against-us. Nonetheless, feel free to contribute your opinion in blind defence of your messiah and in total ignorance of what you think all this desperation for power portends for the future of Nigeria. All the worst political leaders to walk the earth had fervent and misguided backers also who could never appreciate how dangerously deranged and callously desperate their political messiahs were until the worst happened.

4 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by patrickmuf(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2014
gratieao: Gwawe, the long futile epistle writer is back. How are you recuperating from Ekiti tsunami?
Put your brain to good use...You must not comment on every thread...
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by skyfall: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: Aregbesola and nasarawa state governors to go very soon too. Enough of janjanweed nonsense

You don't sound like a very smart person. This is your business handle you use for writing stuffs like the one above? And you want customers to patronize you from both divides?
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by hilomdave: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Na wa 4 naija politics oooo. 9ice game GCFR
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
jaytee01: I hope we will all be alive to see the end of this drama. History is replete with megalomaniacs who drove their nations to brink while being cheered on by a band of short sighted folks who refused to peer beyond the end of their noses into the future. Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam come to mind.

The people I pity most in all of this are the SS and SE. The SS because they can no longer complain of being shortchanged after GEJ wasted a golden opportunity to right the wrongs of the past. The SE may never produce a president because of the penchant of their leaders to sell out for filthy lucre.

Whether the ethnic champions like it or not, after GEJ steps down, power will return to the North because of the peculiar configuration of Nigerian politics. Just like GEJ played dumb before grabbing power with both hands, the majority of Northern politicians are playing dumb now. But it does not mean that they are stupid!

Boss! cool
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gbawe:

GEJ will not be able to prevent power moving to the North or anywhere else and he will certainly, even if he gets another 4 years, be unable to limit the Presidency to the SE or SS alone. In fact, given GEJ's self-serving nature and assuming he gets 4 years till 2019, it is obvious GEJ will hand over to the North to secure a 'peaceful retirement' that will enable him to enjoy his billions post-politics. Is this not how OBJ deceived Odili, Duke et al only to then hand over to the North, through Yar Adua, for the sake of his own self-preservation and opulent existence beyond office?

If a Northerner replaces GEJ in 2015 or, at worst, in 2019 what then for Jonathan's ethnocentric and myopic followers who do not do reality and only see today to be staking their entire future, as they did in the past, on the ambition of a fallible mere mortal who has his own selfish agenda? Especially when current history, fresh in all our minds, has shown us ours is a President one who has never thought twice about betraying anything or anyone to get his way?
No! GEJ is not the worst head of state we have had and so his followers are no more myopic or ethnocentric than the followers of others before him,the problem is that the born to rule clique view this particular ethnic group as undeserving or unworthy. A quick recap of Yar'adua cabinet will remind us what ethnocentricity looks like. As far as betraying others go he is ,again, no different. He is not in any way unique as far as all his negative qualities go and yes they are many. He is a typical Nigerian head of state and the main problem is his ethnicity. How i he more self serving than OBJ or IBB by which metric. We were all alive when OBJ tried THIRD TERM STUNT,stopped funds for Lagos,flogged a policeman etc
I am not a fan of his at all but am not persuaded that any of his most vocal critics would be any better.
It is not obvious that he will hand over to the north and even less so that that will assure "self preservation". In Nigeria where everything is viewed through ethnic lenses it is impossible to move against a former president without invoking memories of January 1966 if such movement is not spread to all sections.There is nothing stopping him from ensuring that his succession elections in 2019 are free and fair and no guarantee that the north will win then.

2 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Mogidi: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
iwonbaoko: No! GEJ is not the worst head of state we have had and so his followers are no more myopic or ethnocentric than the followers of others before him,the problem is that the born to rule clique view this particular ethnic group as undeserving or unworthy. A quick recap of Yar'adua cabinet will remind us what ethnocentricity looks like.

Took this right from my mouth, couldn't agree with you more.

2 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by disloman(m): 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: blind ediot,I was replying the guy that quoted me and not the article.take ur time next when u reply or quote ppl so tt that ur party won't keep on losing like blind goats
what r u going to do now?Wise men told mi not to argue with a fool cos pple frm distance can tell who is who.#lipssealed#
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Sibrah: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
OBJ did Ibori, Alams and co same thing but where is he today in PDP?
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by disloman(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
koboko69:

I understand the fact that all the write up you have read so far is too complex for u to underatand. Why not respect yourself and move on to other threads your underdeveloped brain can comprehend rather than disgrace yourself with childish senseless comments on this thread.
God bless u.Thot we were as dumb as they r.
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: Aregbesola and nasarawa state governors to go very soon too. Enough of janjanweed nonsense
the major sin the impeached governor was accuse if was perpetrated 5yrs ago when he was in PDP.
But he was a saint then...
Just like FFK's sins werw forgiven once he decamped back to that useless corruption filled party.

I dnt get it though; are u guys jst stoopid or u're jst masochist by nature.
Regardless of the party, I'm thinking we shld jes frown at corruption as a whole in relation to any individual.

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by atlwireles: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
iwonbaoko: No! GEJ is not the worst head of state we have had and so his followers are no more myopic or ethnocentric than the followers of others before him,the problem is that the born to rule clique view this particular ethnic group as undeserving or unworthy. A quick recap of Yar'adua cabinet will remind us what ethnocentricity looks like. As far as betraying others go he is ,again, no different. He is not in any way unique as far as all his negative qualities go and yes they are many. He is a typical Nigerian head of state and the main problem is his ethnicity. How i he more self serving than OBJ or IBB by which metric. We were all alive when OBJ tried THIRD TERM STUNT,stopped funds for Lagos,flogged a policeman etc
I am not a fan of his at all but am not persuaded that any of his most vocal critics would be any better.
It is not obvious that he will hand over to the north and even less so that that will assure "self preservation". In Nigeria where everything is viewed through ethnic lenses it is impossible to move against a former president without invoking memories of January 1966 if such movement is not spread to all sections.There is nothing stopping him from ensuring that his succession elections in 2019 are free and fair and no guarantee that the north will win then.

What else is there to say. You have not only demolished this thread, you have spoken like man living in Nigeria. Not the dreamers and pretenders on this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by texaco1: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: the major sin the impeached governor was accuse if was perpetrated 5yrs ago when he was in PDP.
But he was a saint then...
Just like FFK's sins werw forgiven once he decamped back to that useless corruption filled party.

I dnt get it though; are u guys jst stoopid or u're jst masochist by nature.
Regardless of the party, I'm thinking we shld jes frown at corruption as a whole in relation to any individual.
I don't like throwing insults therefore I will ignore the insults in ur post. But since u are trying to paint urself smart I will answer u. The question u should ask ur brain is did he commit the offence yes or no?whether he committed when he was a member of the democratic party or not is irrelevant here. He wasn't impeached because he decamped he was impeached because he did something wrong,you guys are just pathetic and u sing with the two sides of ur mouth ,I am sure if a pdp gov was impeached under the same circumstances you will be dancing azonto all over . Bunch of pathetic hypocrites
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by presido1: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
@Gbawe, quoting the context below to defend the impeachment or malign the president makes no sense. Its akin to those guys defending Stella Odua in the sense that she is not the only corrupt minister so why should she be the first being booted. its obvious now that those defending Stella are doing it cos they come from the same tribe or party likewise you defending Nyako cos you guys are of the same political party.

I will keep on saying it. We are not ripe for democracy in Nigeria. It will be easy for us to fight tribalism alone than to fight tribalism and political affiliation together. Once somebody I support is accused of corruption I will rush out to defend him/her and term it political witch hunt but if its from the opposite side I will be shouting jail him jail him. We can not move forward as a nation like this. All the 36 govs and the president deserve impeachment but all cannot be impeached on the same day, somebody must be the first to fall just like Stella was first.

At various levels of government, from the executive to the legislature to the judiciary, all have sinned and come short of political glory; so, why is justice selective? If who goes and who stays in office is truly determined by the level of corruption in one’s government, even the President should have been long impeached. So, why pick on one thief and let others live?
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Gbawe: 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
presido1: @Gbawe, quoting the context below to defend the impeachment or malign the president makes no sense. Its akin to those guys defending Stella Odua in the sense that she is not the only corrupt minister so why should she be the first being booted. its obvious now that those defending Stella are doing it cos they come from the same tribe or party likewise you defending Nyako cos you guys are of the same political party.
I will keep on saying it. We are not ripe for democracy in Nigeria. It will be easy for us to fight tribalism alone than to fight tribalism and political affiliation together. Once somebody I support is accused of corruption I will rush out to defend him/her and term it political witch hunt but if its from the opposite side I will be shouting jail him jail him. We can not move forward as a nation like this. All the 36 govs and the president deserve impeachment but all cannot be impeached on the same day, somebody must be the first to fall just like Stella was first.

Please, where have I defended Nyako ala Oduah saga? My point is that selective impeachment to bully from office those who Stands in the way of GEJ,s 2015 'victory' is very dangerous for Nigeria. Na today? Remember 16 is greater than 19? Abeg let us fashi the pedantism as I believe you know precisely the point Iam making..
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by oldenglish: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by tarryT(m): 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gbawe: I disagree with the conclusion of the article, because I believe the APC, as a strong opposition Party and as the required evolutionary stage to check a misruling and all-powerful ruling Party, is here to stay whatever the PDP throws in its path for short-term political/electoral gain. Also, I think that dictatorship will be very difficult to sustain in a Nation as diverse and as complex as Nigeria, but I think the author is on point with everything else. The part in bold red fonts, in my opinion, is especially true regarding the outlook of the ethnocentric and clannish fans of GEJ on this forum. These nauseatingly myopic cretins now supports what is outright wrong and portend great danger for our democracy because of nothing other than the animalistic hatred of others they feel GEJ is 'defeating' and 'owning'. They have no use for supporting what is indeed decent, upright and good for the future of Nigeria. They do not care that it is proven over almost 5 years that GEJ is ineffective and that Nigeria, in this day and age, deserve much better.

Where I differ to the author relates to the aftermath of dictatorial actions and bullying of others in a very populous nation full of influential men and women with serious connections and ties even beyond Nigeria. I don't think a Nation like Nigeria, even accounting for how inordinately powerful the Nigerian Presidency is to the detriment of Nigerian institution, can be dictatorially held hostage to the whims, caprices and unpopular ambition of one man which is prompting gross abuse of power all designed to kill the concept of democracy being a game of numbers and genuine test of popularity. There has been a reaction to every round of bullying and desperately dictatorial antics from GEJ. This, for example, is what led to the removal of Bamanga Tukur after he was unceremoniously imposed on others. The shallow and mindless ethno-religious jingoist backing GEJ jubilantly today should spare us the revisionism tomorrow when the worst, perhaps even beyond what they expect, has happened.

They should also desist from any attempt in future to present GEJ as a "victim" when we are all see now that Mr.President is anything but that. It is obvious, whichever way for Nigeria, the role GEJ is playing when he should be first, for the sake of peace and unity of the nation which is greater than his own unpopular ambition, to heed and act upon the warning that Politicians should put personal ego and ambition aside so that the worst, as predicted for us, does not happens in 2015. People should remember the saying relating to actions and reactions. I think GEJ is playing politics related to 1970-1999 Nigeria. Such tactics, while it may generate temporary 'victory' the myopic cheer wildly, wont be effective for long in Nigeria of today. Let GEJ and his inducement continue to impeach away and 'militarise' every process. We will see where this all ends.

Finally, Gbawe has letting it out. This is good for his rehabilitation. The grief is so much and any attempt to suppress it will amount to further depression. Please cry more, don't hold it back, let the tears flow.
Can anyone get this old man a bucket?

How is this possible..Gbawe is still breathing, yet PDP flag is now flying in Ekiti and Adamawa

The ranting of frustrated janjaweedian always implant a sinister smile on my face. Am loving this.
Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gbawe:

Please, where have I defended Nyako ala Oduah saga? My point is that selective impeachment to bully from office those who Stands in the way of GEJ,s 2015 'victory' is very dangerous for Nigeria. Na today? Remember 16 is greater than 19? Abeg let us fashi the pedantism as I believe you know precisely the point Iam making..
It did not start with GEJ how did Akintola become Premier there are countless examples.It is reprehensible yes but nothing new about it and it is clear it will not go away as long as we operate system that concentrates so much power in one place. What is obnoxious is the partisan agenda of trying to cast GEJ as some new kind of disease that is suddenly afflicting us. How did Balarabe Musa get impeached in the second republic or how did NPN win Kano in the 1983 "Landslide"

2 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by PointB: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
tarryT:

Finally, Gbawe has letting it out. This is good for his rehabilitation. The grief is so much and any attempt to suppress it will amount to further depression. Please cry more, don't hold it back, let the tears flow.

How is this possible..Gbawe is still breathing, yet PDP flag is now flying in Ekiti and Adamawa

The ranting of frustrated janjaweedian always implant a sinister smile on my face. Am loving this.

Brutally blunt! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by Gbawe: 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
tarryT:

Another simpleton and groupie happy to discuss other posters and not the substantive issue. Dude get a life as the opinion of a sad attention-seeking nonentity like you means nothing to me.

1 Like

Re: The Fall Of Nyako by oldenglish: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gbawe:

Another simpleton and groupie happy to discuss other posters and not the substantive issue. Dude get a life as the opinion of a sad attention-seeking nonentity like you means nothing to me.
Thank God this guy survived the double tsunami. May His name be glorified

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exact Copy Of Section 68(1) Of The 1999 Constitution Of Nigeria. / Gov Okorocha Enters Trouble In London / Free Pdp Social Media Dp's For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.