Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings (1697 Views)

Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom / Ratings: Top 20 Nigerian Players On FIFA 16 / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2014
The Super Eagles have risen up ten
places in the latest global rankings
released on Thursday following their
second round finish in Brazil
Nigeria rose up ten spots to 34th
place in the Fifa rankings released
on Thursday courtesy of the Super
Eagles' second round finish at the
World Cup in Brazil.
The Eagles are now the third-ranked
African side behind Algeria and Cote
d'Ivoire who finished in the 24th
and 25th positions.
World champions Germany climbed
to the top of the pile after defeating
Argentina in the showpiece final on
July 13. The South Americans are
now in second place.
Source:
www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/07/17/4964581/nigeria-rise-to-34th-on-fifa-ranking-after-world-cup

Full Ranking
1 Germany
2 Argentina
3 Netherlands
4 Colombia
5 Belgium
6 Uruguay
7 Brazil
8 Spain
9 Switzerland
10 France
11 Portugal
12 Chile
13 Greece
14 Italy
15 USA
16 Costa Rica
17 Croatia
18 Mexico
19 Bosnia and Herzegovina
20 England
21 Ecuador
22 Ukraine
23 Russia
24 Algeria
25Côte d'Ivoire
26 Denmark
27 Scotland
28 Romania
29 Sweden
30 Venezuela
31 Serbia
32 Turkey
33 Panama
34 Nigeria
35 Czech Republic
36 Egypt
37 Slovenia
38 Hungary
38 Ghana
40 Honduras
41 Armenia
42 Tunisia
43 Austria
44 Wales
45 Japan
46 Slovakia
47 Iceland
48Paraguay
49 Iran
50 Montenegro
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by busterr(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2014
What of spain?? They should drop to 20 places.

Wetin cote d voire dey play sef!!!! We should come first in Africa then Algeria second or vice versa then then ghana and others should distribute from 10th position to 30 in africa amongst themselves
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by Eseose9(f): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2014
ok
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2014
Still languishing behind.

Nigeria once ranked 5th in the world, what has happened to my country?

cry
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2014
jnrbayano: Still languishing behind.
at least they moved up ten places, show some appreciation. Haba
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 10:11am On Jul 17, 2014
shopisky: at least they moved up ten places, show some appreciation. Haba

Appreciation to who?
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 10:11am On Jul 17, 2014
busterr: What of spain?? They should drop to 20 places.

Wetin cote d voire dey play sef!!!! We should come first in Africa then Algeria second or vice versa then then ghana and others should distribute from 10th position to 30 in africa amongst themselves
spain ahould definately be out of top ten
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2014
jnrbayano:

Appreciation to who?
they were ranked 44th, you complained, they moved up ten places, u still complain. want will ever please us nigerians. Plastic fans indeed. Safari girl is right
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by Dreal1247: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2014
What of Brazil that was pampered to an undeserved semi-final through the referees' partiality but brutally crushed to indelible defeat by no nonsense German Machines?
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2014
shopisky: they were ranked 44th, you complained, they moved up ten places, u still complain. want will ever please us nigerians. Plastic fans indeed. Safari girl is right

I'm a guy of very few words, I don't know why you are vexed this morning.

"Still languishing behind" edited after a split second adding "Nigeria once ranked 5th in the world, what has happened to my country?"

What's wrong with the post? I hope you know there was a time Nigeria ranked 5th in the world and I have since started watching football by then.

So if I wish things to return as it used to be for the Nigerian team I have committed a crime?

"Appreciation to who"

That's my 2nd post. Asking this question you have quickly adjudged me a plastic fan?

It's well.
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by collynzo2(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2014
Germany now 1st, Argentina 2nd, Spain 8th, Brazil 7th.
Algeria and Ivory coast 24th and 25th respectively.
http://fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by collynzo2(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2014
shopisky: they were ranked 44th, you complained, they moved up ten places, u still complain. want will ever please us nigerians. Plastic fans indeed. Safari girl is right
34th is not a good ranking for Nigeria.
Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2:
Take it or leave it.

I just met someone that thinks deep.

cool
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by busterr(m): 10:40am On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2:
Take it or leave it.

and you eexpected to fly from 44th to 5th or even 1st?? It's little by little naa poco a poco, the result shows we're improving look at the positive sides.
Has your salary ever got increased from 5k to 40k??
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by Krasid(m): 10:40am On Jul 17, 2014
The position of Nigeria and Algeria i understand, but what beats my imagination is why Ivory coast is first in Africa.They have failed to impress in any tournament, yet are always ranked high.
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by collynzo2(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2014
busterr:

and you eexpected to fly from 44th to 5th or even 1st?? It's little by little naa poco a poco, the result shows we're improving look at the positive sides.
Has your salary ever got increased from 5k to 40k??
My salary has never gone down before, that is besides the point.
34th is not a good ranking for us and there is nothing to appreciate until we get back to where we belong.
You copy?
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by morhsuud22(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2014
We're getting there....#UpSuperEagles
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by kombats: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2014
This is one of the best Fifa ranking so Far i think the ranking this time is a bit fair than before. Colombia and Chile is the next big Soccer nation to watch out for
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2014
jnrbayano:

I'm a guy of very few words, I don't know why you are vexed this morning.

"Still languishing behind" edited after a split second adding "Nigeria once ranked 5th in the world, what has happened to my country?"

What's wrong with the post? I hope you know there was a time Nigeria ranked 5th in the world and I have since started watching football by then.

So if I wish things to return as it used to be for the Nigerian team I have committed a crime?

"Appreciation to who"

That's my 2nd post. Asking this question you have quickly adjudged me a plastic fan?

It's well.

yeah, plastic fan because u refuse to acknowledge the efforts of the players and coach in brazil. In case you do not know, this ranking is as a result of their performance in the world cup. btw, that 5th position you are talking about was only possible because the rankings were introduced just as nigeria became african champions in 1994. so u see, everybody started at 0 points then and it was easier to move up quickly than now. And lets not deceive ourselves. To get to fifth position cannot be achieved that easily anymore.
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by collynzo2(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2014
shopisky:
yeah, plastic fan because u refuse to acknowledge the efforts of the players and coach in brazil. In case you do not know, this ranking is as a result of their performance in the world cup. btw, that 5th position you are talking about was only possible because the rankings were introduced just as nigeria became african champions in 1994. so u see, everybody started at 0 points then and it was easier to move up quickly than now. And lets not deceive ourselves. To get to fifth position cannot be achieved that easily anymore.
What about when we were 9th in 2009, what happened then?
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2:

He still maintained I am a plastic fan and that confirmed to me that his age is not far away from zero.
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by kstyle2(m): 10:58am On Jul 17, 2014
We defeated bosnia yet they are still ranked higher than us. I think keshi has done a decent job and if allowed to continue, we may find ourselves in the top 10. Continuity is key-joachim loew's case comes to mind. But playas like reuben, uchebo(flavour), ameobi, egweke, agbim should never wear our jersey again
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by mummyson26(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2014
hahahahah, Ghana bragging right over nigeria is over.lol
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2014
kstyle2: We defeated bosnia yet they are still ranked higher than us. I think keshi has done a decent job and if allowed to continue, we may find ourselves in the top 10. Continuity is key-joachim loew's case comes to mind. But playas like reuben, uchebo(flavour), ameobi, egweke, agbim should never wear our jersey again

Mikel should be the 1st name in your list.
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2:
jnrbayano:
He still maintained I am a plastic fan and that confirmed to me that his age is not far away from zero.
I only questioned your love for your national team and you are calling me age zero. Spain had a bad world cup yet did you see the reception they got? Guess that can never happen in nigeria. In 2009
we were 9th and couldn't get beyond the quarter finals of the nations cup, struggled to qualify for the would cup and had a shambolish display in it. So u think that period of our football was better than now. African champions, second round of world cup. We may have even gotten to the quarter finals if the ref gave that red card but at least, that is part of football. Am not going to insult anyone here but since you've decided give insults, instead of defending yourself. I won't reply you again.
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by delikay4luv: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2014
We need to step up our game

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2014
Chai....i was expecting top 20
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by shopisky(m): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2014
delikay4luv: We need to step up our game
Yeah true talk. this is what we need. Encouragement. Not bad mouthing. totally agree bro
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by femi4: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2014
jnrbayano:

You are a plastic fan for not recognising this huge improvement

The 9th position in 2009 wasn't achieved over night!

Germany is no1 today, a position they never smell in the last decade
Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by ebullientV(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2014
This is still nonsense from FIFA, if Belgium an overrated team can be higher than Spain and even France becos they got to d Q-Finals, what stops FIFA from placing Nigerian higher than a shambolic Ivorian side who couldn't even get out of a relatively easy group?

These Rankings are becoming annoying really.

In other news; Why is d number 7 becoming synnonymous with d Bra7ilians these days?
7-1 trashing and now 7th on d table grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by jnrbayano(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2014
shopisky:
I only questioned your love for your national team and you are calling me age zero. Spain had a bad world cup yet did you see the reception they got? Guess that can never happen in nigeria. In 2009
we were 9th and couldn't get beyond the quarter finals of the nations cup, struggled to qualify for the would cup and had a shambolish display in it. So u think that period of our football was better than now. African champions, second round of world cup. We may have even gotten to the quarter finals if the ref gave that red card but at least, that is part of football. Am not going to insult anyone here but since you've decided give insults, instead of defending yourself. I won't reply you again.

Nothing prevents you from being patrotic but don't allow it becloud your analytic mind.

Nigeria wouldn't have got past Bosnia in the 1st place if Dzeko's goal which was wrongly disallowed for offside stood, but that's a talk for another day, so don't talk about the Red Card issue which happened later.

There was an improvement in the ranking from 44th to 34th but that improvement doesn't reflect in the team.

I see in our team players without gusto, so lethargic and lacking hunger. Mikel comes to mind and I wonder why he still command regular shirt in the team.

It's a pity, my standard for appraising our team is high, thanks in large part for having seen more than 2 decades of football, how well they played back then, their drive, hunger, will to succeed and so on.

I'm sorry, I can't give appreciation to either Keshi or the NFF if they keep inviting Mikel, Uchebo and co to our team.

I apologise if my comment earlier offended you. smiley but please don't call me a plastic fan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rise To 34th On Fifa Rankings by femi4: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2014
ebullientV: This is still nonsense from FIFA, if Belgium an overrated team can be higher than Spain
Belgium got to the qfinal, its not about players, its about results

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named “the Fittest Man Alive (photos) / Statistically - David Moyes V Louis Van Gaal @ United / Stake, Win And Withdraw... (S.W.A.W)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.