Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,573 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates (22125 Views)

2013/2014 NECO GCE Candidates.practical,theory Nd Obj Answers Available Here!!! / Gce Candidates(waec,neco & Nabteb) / Past Gce Candidates Share Ur Experience On Food And Nutrition Practical Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by cumz(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Tholuwaniey:

what?? I'm wrong??. I mark physics and chemistry and I'm here telling you the pitfall you should avoid!.. the practicals accounts for 50marks.. the obj is 10marks and the essay part is 40marks!.. I'll advice you not to take chances!

this people always priding on nairaland sef?
who asked you if you was marking physics or chemistry
please kindly pick up your syllabus under physics examination scheme
its a total of 160 marks
the practical caries 50 marks
objective caries 50 marks
while theory carries 60 marks
then you will be graded over 100
please go and seat down..
you don't know anything

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by cumz(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
Aphex: I'm writing... but no syllabus. Can anyone help?
yes I can...
I downloaded all of them recently from the net
will get the links for you if I still av them
or better still we can talk on watsap

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Spencer63(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
cumz:

its a total of 160 marks
you don't know anything

tholuwaniey... I just confirmed this... cumz is very correct...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by godG: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
I'm a graduate of English. If you have any question in English Language or Literature-in-English , endeavor to beckon (mention) on me. Best wishes as you prepare.
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by AkpanUnanam(m): 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
this is how this forum should be;
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Rapsainot(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
godG: I'm a graduate of English. If you have any question in English Language or Literature-in-English , endeavor to beckon (mention) me. Best wishes as you prepare.
where to use "been" & being?...... Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Surely001(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
I registered for the GCE and now some subjects are clashing with my 2nd semester Time table although in the same town..I need help pls.
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by zurine(f): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
wow
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Spencer63(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Surely001: I registered for the GCE and now some subjects are clashing with my 2nd semester Time table although in the same town..I need help pls.
oboy..tough one
I think you should settle for school exam o
cgpa is important
between...
am interested
why doing GCE again when you are in school ?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Spencer63(m): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
lordheir: Get 2014 WAEC GCE ANSWERS call 07067846703,2go princesoso42,BBM 7F4088A7
Get 2014 WAEC GCE ANSWERS call 07067846703,2go princesoso42,BBM 7F4088A7
we don't need the answers..
give us the question we will trash it here

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=Pavore9] Haba! there could be folks here who may be in their 30's, giving themselves a second chance to further their education. [/quote
on point bro
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by godG: 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rapsainot: where to use "been" & being?...... Thanks in advance

To understand this, what we use to determine the tense of verb in a sentence is to check if the action is completed. Usually, a past or perfect verb form denotes a completed action or a state or habitual action which began in the past.

So to your question, both words are participles of verb 'be'. 'Been' (be+ed) is the past participle, while 'being' (be+ing) is the present. Primarily, 'been' + have/has/had is used to tell of a 'state' or experience of a place or something. Consider the examples below:

1. State

I have been good.
They have been phenomenal.

2. Experience of a Place or Something

I have been to Ghana.
They have been to Kenya.
She has been to Sambisa.
The strike had been called off.

Please note that the examples above are in different perfect tenses which I would t want to bore you about.

'Being' on the other hand is the present participle that can be used in the continues/progressive or present tense or passive voice. You also use it to basically express a state. Consider these:

1. She is being kind.
2. They are being silly.
3. They were being intimidated. Example three is not a perfect tense because it indicates a continuous action in the past. We don't know if it was a completed action. It's quite different from this:
4. They were intimidated. (Past perfect tense)

Simply put, 'been' is past; 'being' is continuous. One important thing in grammar is to read beautiful literary texts for one's development.

I hope it helps. If you have more questions or confused still, do let me know.

NB: Pls, excuse all typos - if any.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
Tholuwaniey:

what?? I'm wrong??. I mark physics and chemistry and I'm here telling you the pitfall you should avoid!.. the practicals accounts for 50marks.. the obj is 10marks and the essay part is 40marks!.. I'll advice you not to take chances!
hmmm...are you sure 50 obj questions only carry 10 marks sometimes it is better to keep quiet than giving wrong information
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
cumz:

its a total of 160 marks
you don't know anything

its Amazing you're always allowing yourself to be deceived.
the marking and grading format for GCE's exams I reiterate again that its 50, 40, 10... this is the format we're given at the marking centre.. the 'SYLLABUS' was made in other to prepare you and push you to the limits!! 'MARKERS' use "marking guides" and "marking schemes... Which would be more authentic??!! ..... I only decided to share my experience and Expertise with those that'll be writing this examination.. its not for everyone to take not of but for the wise and serious students..
Your really need to learn how to communicate on the internet not everyone is spoken to rashly..

One more thing ...if you're writing GCE then your English is in danger... work on it!!
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pprovost:
hmmm...are you sure 50 obj questions only carry 10 marks sometimes it is better to keep quiet than giving wrong information
. yea.. it only accounts for 10% of the total marks.. the practicals takes a whooping 50% and Essay takes 40... for physics, chemistry, Biology.. I can authoritatively reiterate.. Though the suggestion on the syllabus is different from the one on the marking and grading scheme!
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by tboyna: 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Here is my email:thomassunday403@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by cumz(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
Tholuwaniey:

its Amazing you're always allowing yourself to be deceived.
the marking and grading format for GCE's exams I reiterate again that its 50, 40, 10... this is the format we're given at the marking centre.. the 'SYLLABUS' was made in other to prepare you and push you to the limits!! 'MARKERS' use "marking guides" and "marking schemes... Which would be more authentic??!! ..... I only decided to share my experience and Expertise with those that'll be writing this examination.. its not for everyone to take not of but for the wise and serious students..
Your really need to learn how to communicate on the internet not everyone is spoken to rashly..

One more thing ...if you're writing GCE then your English is in danger... work on it!!
guy, goan sleep

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
godG:

To understand this, what we use to determine the tense of verb in a sentence is to check if the action is completed. Usually, a past or perfect verb form denotes a completed action or a state or habitual action which began in the past.

So to your question, both words are participles of verb 'be'. 'Been' (be+ed) is the past participle, while 'being' (be+ing) is the present. Primarily, 'been' + have/has/had is used to tell of a 'state' or experience of a place or something. Consider the examples below:

1. State

I have been good.

I have been to Ghana.
They have been to Kenya.
She has been to Sambisa.

Please note that the examples above are in different perfect tenses which I would t want to bore you about.

'Being' on the other hand is the present participle that can be used in the continues/progressive or present tense or passive voice. You also use it to basically express a state. Consider these:

1. She is being kind.
2. They are being silly.
3. They were being intimidated. Example three is not a perfect tense because it indicates a continuous action in the past. We don't know if it was a completed action. It's quite different from this:

Simply put, 'been' is past; 'being' is continuous. One important thing in grammar is to read beautiful literary texts for one's development.

Thanks sir
probably we can assume that 'been' always go with have, has and had while 'being' goes with is, are, were etc
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by cumz(m): 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
please don't let this tholuwaniey of a guy confuse you
the guy is obviously lying to cover up lies
he made mouth and doesn't wanna shut up.. instead making more mouth.
you can also check waec official website.
the marking scheme are clearly stated..

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by godG: 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pprovost:
Thanks sir
probably we can assume that 'been' always go with have, has and had while 'being' goes with is, are, were etc

Exactly, you get it. I won't mind taking you deeper into English verb forms but since I don't know what you have been thought before. God's best.
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by cumz(m): 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
godG:

1. State

I have been good.

I have been to Ghana.
They have been to Kenya.
She has been to Sambisa.

1. She is being kind.
2. They are being silly.

thanks bro,
we really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
cumz:
guy, goan sleep
Guy pls listen to him...he only wants to help
We need this information... especially the science students
Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 03, 2014
godG:

Exactly, you get it. I won't mind taking you deeper into English verb forms but since I don't know what you have been thought before. God's best.
Bro you must be a very nice man to stay awake this late so that you can answer our questions... May people always leave their comfort zone to favour you in Jesus' name....Good night sir

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2014 GCE Candidates by Rapsainot(m): 12:07am On Aug 03, 2014
godG:

1. State

I have been good.

I have been to Ghana.
They have been to Kenya.
She has been to Sambisa.

1. She is being kind.
2. They are being silly.

thanks a bunch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

OAU Students Union Maiden Newspaper:The Union Parrot. / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) / 100 Students Caught As UNILAG Begins Testing Students For Hard Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.